Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Aman Verma has some good points about television industry.  But he is coming across as a disgruntled person as he seems to be saying different things in different articles.  It is possible that he was promised a long-term role in CB  but his role finished as they changed the story?  This is the second article where he had hinted his displeasure with CB.  Previously, he had said that his arrival increased ratings (not true as it was Kanha track and R/K character that did that) and that he didn't know his role was going to be finished so soon. 

I have only seen him in two shows - laado and CB.  In both,  I found him to be overacting.  Meghna was good in laado and had great screen presence.  But Aman did not impress me at all in laado either. 

Now I don't see anything wrong about actors leaving after spending 12 hours on the set especially when they are coming on time.  Aren't they working for 6 days every week?  So who would want to stay beyond their 12 hour shift especially when there is no committment on part of writing team and other people involved in production.  Also hasn't a rule come in place that actors should not be spending more than 12 hours on set because they were being exploited by PH who themselves were inefficient.

Also why expect committment from television actors when the channel and PH is not committed?  They are blindly following "TRPs" and have no respect for either viewers or their product?  The story is promised one way to viewers and it changes to something completely different every other week.  So how long one can expect television actors to remain enthusiastic about their roles when their characterization is changing every other day.  As mentioned by Pragati,  she was offered a completely different role and it turned out to be something else. Even in regular jobs, people become unenthusiastic about their projects when the person in charge is unprofessional.

Also there is nothing wrong if people know them by their character's names.  Until I started participating on forum,  I didn't know names of any TV actors as I never felt the need to make an effort to do so.  People know names of movie actors because they flash them on the screen before movie starts.

But Aman does have a point about reading not Hindi script in Hindi.  If you are acting in one particular language show,  why can you not read in that language unless you are from a different region and don't have knowledge of that language.  But even then why not make an effort to learn the language.  Even on Hindi channels,  I see Bollywood movie stars promoting their movies and speaking entirely in English even when the interviewer is asking questions in Hindi.  I don't understand this lack of respect for any langague.
Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
 This interview is odd , at one place the same actor prais the lead actors of CB and then in another media is talking totally opposite ...May be he was not satisfied with his role or its something to do with the popularity of the leads ...
                  How can a person in the same breath , tell two different things ...No doubt working patterns has changed , actors do not have time for themselves , slogging on the sets continuously with no time limit ..Every one is working for the security , and now this TV industry , daily new faces are introduced ...Life span of a actor as leads is uncertain ...Avinash Rubina are giving their best , yes Avinash can complain as he was side-lined earlier being the lead ...It should be some thing to do with his role and it was cut short ..he has to exit the show where as others were planning to exit the show if were not given proper role to play ..
    I agree with him with last line quality has disappeared and quantity is in vogue ...All due to TRP , because of that originality goes for a toss ..
sia_lovely thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I guess its a case of "Grapes are Sour" for Aman! ðŸ˜‰
Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
 Agree with you Sia , Really sad , being a senior actor he got respect from the viewers and his role as VN ...But ruined it all in one stroke ..It just looked as if its jealousy surfacing watching the popularity of leads ...Wish he should come out with another one and clear his views ..Aman Verma always imitated Actor Dilip Kumar...He is decades old actor has worked in movies ...He is not wrong in  saying many things about todays scenario if he compares it from his old time ..Quality has suffered , you can not blame lead actors they are giving more than their 100 %...should mention the other character actors also ..TV industry has become very competitive ..
abhilasha_dream thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
What an article, how true is this ??? Few days back the same guy was praising Avina specially Rubina for her acting skills and now he has suddenly done a about turn and told such bad things about them...

In other serials, actors give the producers and directors a hard time due to their starry tantrums such as --- coming late to the sets, want proper costumes, hair, make-up, etc... We do not hear any such complaints coming from CB set specially from Avina even when they r given such shabby outfits than other characters of the serial, but still they do not protest ot throw any tantrums, Aman Verma also accepts it but in a negative sense.

Today when all the actors are trying to go for photoshoot or call the media for their personal parties,to stay in the limelight, our AVINA has never done that, in fact in this 3 years we havn't seen Avinash even celebrate his birthday on SBS or SBB even once, though we FANS wait for it eagerly.

AVINA are doing their job in such a fantastic way though they don't receive any awards, the show is going all on its own when ZEE is so damn against it... Aman would not have known that this is the second season of the serial and this was all due to the popularity of AVINA...
harianjana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
well every one who act on show that trps increase because of their presence or if they are brought into limelight, whats point in it, agree that each charactor should have its priority but viewers will like a show nly if all the characters have equal importance, and were given some equal screen space, but the main role will always be of Radev or avina in cb. Aman entrance didn't increase ratings, indeed to say frankly it decreased the ratings, Sigh that I said this, but it was true. So he who was claiming to be the very work addict failed to increase ratings of show, but decreased it, so he doesn't hvae any right to talk abt avina or Radev, becoz of whom we are watching it, in this aspect I don't agree with any one
shivamala thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Only thing I can say is I do not agree with Aman. 
Mona55 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
i agree with most of what every one has written but i think the majority of

the fault lies with the channel and the production house --if the actors are

made to feel they are doing a good job then everyone makes extra effort

look at the channel did they throw a socces party for cb2 ?do they

advertise cb like they should do? so many times us viewers have noticed

that no research has been done to certain charecters for insistence kanha

and balraam and coming on time and leaving on time whats wrong with

that it itself is a dedication  we hear lots of actors throwing tantrums on

the sets coming late holding every hostage till their demands are met

now whos fault is it if the actors have to rush thru their scenes to finish on

time as the script is not delivered on time  remember avi said long ago

they were killing time on the sets by playing cricket as the scripts was not

there. as for aman maybe he has some issues with the channel or

whatever and he is just taking out his frustrations
PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
TRPs cant be ignored as they are the measure through which the ratings and commercials come for the show and the advts which come during breaks bring in the money for the channel so the most important factor for any show are the trps which can make or break a serial but the tracks also determine the trps the Ch and PH should have an idea of the pulse of the viewers and what clicks and this they get trough trail and error and we have the shows copying each others tracks and so the quality deteriorates.
laxmis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Looks like he was upset about his track ending.