Sindoor Tere Naam Ka

Synopsis, News & Articles about Sindoor - Page 24

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago
"Every woman must have the freedom to dress her way"

One TV actor who is always cracking to be her ravishing best for the shutter bugs is Keerti Gaikwad. So keen is she about how presentable one can be can be figured out from her 1st anniversary bash where she got into two different outfits - an Indian gear (a heavily embellished sari) and later into a dazzling white corset and skirt.

To get into her fashion psyche, Anil Merani meets up with Keerti who came across as someone who has her fundas jotted, and on a serious note is nettled about the fairer sex being targeted for their choice of dressing.
"Comfort and grace - thats my mantra" claims this actor of Saath Phere and Sindoor.

Gaikwad's most loved casual gear is a pair of black denim clubbed with fitted shirts or a basic T. Besides "I can't do without my floral flowing skirts". Tell us a trick which will never fail to create a ripple at a page 3 bash? "I would say a red backless knee length dress or a tube evening gown." What about the saree? "No yaar! I'm always dressed in those nine yards for my shoot. I restrict wearing this eternal Indian outfit purely for traditional occasions."

Coming to accessories, this better half of actor Sharad Kelkar finds the mangal sutra and chuddha the ultimate style statements with the married lot. "It's a real nice way to fuse tradition with style."

Tell her that being in this field one has to be spruced up all the time and she contends, "It's our breed that basically loves to adorn themselves. Don't ordinary house wives deck up when they go out?"

What this Maharashtrain chic really cannot fathom is the fuss about skin show, "If I like an outfit I pick it irrespective of how much skin peek it offers. My only concern is I shouldn't look vulgar." Getting in a feminist's shoes, she voices, "Every woman must have the freedom to dress the way she likes. I really get vexed when people assume that we are giving a message by dressing in a particular way." She forthrightly refutes the belief that a woman must dress more conservatively post marriage. "If my hubby has no issues with the way I dress up, why should I bother about others?"

http://us.tellychakkar.com/y2k7/apr/6apr/lifestyle.php

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters