Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nisu thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

For comments please visit: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/206257. Do not post any comments here as they will be deleted. Post all comments at the link provided.

Madness in the method

In yet another twist in the tale, Vedika, the protagonist of Sindoor Tere Naam Ka will return to madness. Played by Gurdip Kohli, Vedika had returned to normalcy for a few episodes in the interim. Incidentally, Vedika's new look is inspired by Urmila Matondkar's in Pyar Tune Kya Kiya. Both Kohli and producer Kinnari Mehta have worked on this look for weeks. Gurdip is highly excited about the change in track since she finds it more challenging to portray madness than sanity.

source:  mumbaimirror.com Edited by Princess - 18 years ago
monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
For comments please visit: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/207141. Do not post any comments here, they will be deleted.

What's your backup plan?

Surviving in this industry is not always certain. Some stick on for long, while others fail to prove themselves. So do these telly actors have another backup ready for them? Or are they in Mumbai with just acting on their mind?

Riya V Anandwala talks to a few non Mumbai actors and asks them about their backup plans?

Amit Sadh

Amit Sadh

I just have acting with me. I don't have anything by my side. And fortunately God has been very kind and gracious to me. Acting is my only backup. I was never pessimistic when I came to Mumbai with absolutely nothing in my hand, and spent two years on the footpath! I have no financial backup, there is no one supporting behind me. Yes, emotionally, I have people around me. It fluctuates from person to person, and this is about me!

Iqbal Khan

Iqbal Khan

Aah! I have never ever thought of an alternative career. And that's because I am confident about myself. But on a real note, if that ever happens, I can do any sort of physical labour. I don't have a great education backing me, no MBA degree, no engineering degree; I haven't even completed my graduation. In life, these degrees are not everything; there is no guarantee of getting everything with your educational qualification. What matters today is experience!

Priyanka Bassi

Priyanka Bassi

I have no other backup other than acting as of now. I just shifted my base from Delhi to Mumbai. If something goes wrong, I will have to plan accordingly. I have his gut feeling; I am here to make it big so I have never given it a thought. I think I will join the creative side of this industry but nothing apart from this industry. Education is certainly very important, but this is all about passion. I definitely have a financial backup, as my family is very supportive.

Amit Tandon

Amit Tandon

Well, if not acting, it unquestionably has to be singing. I have received many accolades for my singing, and perhaps that can be my backup. It is not always that this line is not certain, it's just very competitive, and once if you make a position here, nothing can go wrong. I have seen many who don't deserve what they have, while only a few are worthy of what they have. I feel being intelligent in this industry is very very important. Education undoubtedly is significant, but after being on screen one cannot do a nine to five job, you see. Technically I do have a financial backup from my parents who are based in the U.S.A, but I don't want them to think that I failed for what I was here. I am saving too, and making my own financial backup.

Gurdeep Kohli

Gurdeep Kohli

Oh! I was working in an ad agency prior to this and also I had a career in painting. I had 22 students under me who were learning painting. I was working with Lintas in the creative department. Education was the criteria of my acting career. My mother had warned me that if I don't finish my education, I would not be allowed to step in this industry. I had to turn down two to three lucrative modeling assignments as I was appearing for my exams. I have a financial backup from whatever I have worked on. So I have never relied on acting per say!

Vipul Gupta

Vipul Gupta

I am an MBA! Prior to this I was working in a MNC called G capital in the financial division. So if nothing works out for me in this line at any point of time, I have my master's degree to fall on!

Posted on 15 February 2006 7:12 pm
https://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k6/feb/15feb/boletoh_fin.php Edited by Princess - 18 years ago
Mommytobe thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

For comments please visit: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/207380. Do not post any here, they will be deleted. Post all comments at the link provided.

Kajal exposed

Kajal of Sinndoor Tere naam Ka, currently seen as the blind bahu of the Raizada household will soon surprise her audiences. It will be shown that she is a bar dancer. Producer Kinnari Mehtaa says, "It will be revealed in the coming days that Kajal (played by Gun Nayyar) is a bar dancer. She is forced to dance in bars because she wants to save her sister who has been kidnapped by the villain. Kajal fears that he may sell off her sister. She doesn't want the same fate to meet her sister and so gets back to her old profession."

Edited by Princess - 18 years ago
Princess thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Engager 5 Thumbnail + 5

For comments please visit: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=226665&P N=1&TPN=1. Do not post any comments here. They will be deleted.

Sachin Shroff collapses on the sets

Nuzhat Aziz
Thursday, March 09, 2006  20:35 IST
Sachin Shroff: Take a break

Television is big business these days. And with it comes a lot of stress and fatigue. Apparently actor Sachin Shroff collapsed on the sets of 'Sindoor' a few days ago. Sources present say that he had to be wheeled away as he had fainted. When contacted Sachin says, "I did not faint but I was on the verge of collapsing. I was shooting with 103 degree temperature and was feeling extremely ill."

Fainting on the sets because of exhaustion has become a common occurence with TV actors. Actors are expected to shoot continuously for long hours seems to be taking a toll on them. Justifies Sachin, "It is part of the job you are in. You have to meet deadlines because you are working in a daily. The plot develops on a regular basis. It's difficult to compromise on that."

Producer of the show Kinnari Mehta admits that actors go through a lot of stress during shoots. But she blames it on the time limits. "We have to meet deadlines and deliver the tapes on time. No matter what happens but the show must go on," she says. However, Kinnari is quick to add, "But we ensure that we do not make the actors work for more than 12 hours. When Sachin was feeling unwell we packed up early."

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

for comments go to this thread:-

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/226693

https://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;am p;se ctname=Television&sess=600935528

Sharad Kelkar injured

The Sindoor...star is rushed to hospital after the accident

Reena Thapar Kapoor

Sharad Kelkar

Sharad Kelkar's working day ended in disaster yesterday on the sets of Sindoor Tere Naam Ka, when he was seriously injured on the sets and had to be rushed to hospital. Sharad lost his balance and slipped, landing on a glass table. The glass of tea he had been holding in his hand broke into pieces and slit his fore-arm. The actor was bleeding profusely when he was rushed to the hospital.

"I had just finished my shot and was looking for a chair near the monitor," says Kelkar. "The ground was wet and slippery due to the rains."

"I was in terrible pain, despite taking painkillers," he adds.  "The cuts were very deep, although stitches were not required. I also took a tetanus shot." However, he did not cancel his shoot. "I didn't want my producer to suffer," he says.

Incidentally, his wife Keerti Gaikawad Kelkar was shooting with him. She went into shock after the accident.  "It's scary to see anyone going through so much pain, says Keerti. "I felt so helpless, standing by and seeing him in agony."

Kelkar even shot the serial for an hour, after being bandaged "However, I've promised Keerti that I'll be taking it easy for a couple of days," he says.

Edited by monika.goel - 18 years ago
jingle thumbnail

For comments visit: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=230390&T PN=1 ðŸ˜Š

Gurdeep to wed Arjun in December
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   March 14, 2006

COLOUR-CODED:
Gurdeep Kohli and Arjun Punjj
After a three-year courtship, Gurdeep Kohli and Arjun Punjj have decided to tie the knot. The Sinndoor girl and her Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki boyfriend will tie the knot this December.

The wedding will be in traditional Punjabi and Sikh style. While Arjun is Hindu-Punjabi, Gurdeep is a Sikhni. The couple first met on the sets of Sanjivani, where they played Dr Aman and Dr Juhi. Thereafter, the two reel doctors were often seen together at social dos, theatres and hangouts.

Gurdeep, who also is anchoring Jet Set Go, confirms, "Yes, Arjun and I have decided that we are getting married in December. The month has been finalised, with the mutual consent of both families.

We are yet to fix the exact date, but I have informed my Sinndoor producers about it, so that I have time off in December (the show recently received an extension). We chose December because Arjun and I both love winters, plus it will be a good holiday mood in the last month of the year."

The marriage functions will be divided between Delhi and Mumbai. "Arjun's parents and quite a few of my relatives are in Delhi. So we can't have all the ceremonies in Mumbai," says Gurdeep, who is extremely excited about wearing the bridal attire and jewellery. "Oh, I just love all that. I plan to shop in Mumbai, Delhi and Jaipur," she says.

Gurdeep has two sisters who are married. "Since I am the third daughter in my family, it's pretty chilled out. But Arjun is the only child of his parents. So, the wedding is the most awaited occasion in the Punjj parivaar," reveals Gurdeep.

No cold weather 

Gurdeep and Arjun will have a honeymoon outside India. "I would love to go to Europe, but it will be terribly cold there. So let's see, we might choose Australia or New Zealand then. Today, I am the happiest person in the world… touch wood," she signs off with a big smile.

Shaadi ke baad, the couple will move into their two-BHK love flat on the 14th floor in Samarthdeep in Adarsh Nagar, Andheri. Currently, Gurdeep stays with her parents in a joint family, in Santacruz (E).

Edited by srk_rulz - 18 years ago
Innocent_Bachi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Beauty routine: Gurdeep Kohli, actress

I am petrified of subjecting my skin to anything unnatural, therefore I make sure all the products that I use are safe and natural.

Beauty secret:
Nothing can work like a milk bath. I massage raw milk into my skin before bathing. It keeps my skin soft and glowing.

Make-up essentials:
My make-up is bare minimum. I go bold on the eyes and usually wear a nude lip colour. I trust Lancome kohl to do the defining for my eyes.

My favourites:
I love colours and don't mind experimenting with eyeshadow shades.  It wouldn't be surprising if you find me wearing a shocking pink, blue or green eyeshadow. I think they add a dramatic touch to your face and spell attitude.

Mishubaa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Gurdeep Kohli

Gurdeep Kohli

Oh! I was working in an ad agency prior to this and also I had a career in painting. I had 22 students under me who were learning painting. I was working with Lintas in the creative department. Education was the criteria of my acting career. My mother had warned me that if I don't finish my education, I would not be allowed to step in this industry. I had to turn down two to three lucrative modeling assignments as I was appearing for my exams. I have a financial backup from whatever I have worked on. So I have never relied on acting per say!

Mishubaa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
For comments please visit:
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=233047&T PN=1

"My husband Sharad is a style icon"

Kirti Gaikwad , makes for a pretty picture many would agree besides being known to carry herself with a lot of aplomb she prefers to call herself pleasantly plump without any hesitation. She has three shows on her plate Sindoor , India Calling and Kahin To Hoga and is satisfied working in all the three shows.
Kavita Shyam caught up with the beauty

Have you streaked your hair?

Yes, Honey blonde colour

How much time do you take to garb up?
If I am shooting then 10 minutes and for a party 20 minutes

What suits you better? Indian/ Western?
I think I look good in both.

Chappals or Shoes?
Chapals

Glares/Coloured contact lens
Glares

Tees or Singlets
Singlets

Formals or Informals
Informals

Where do you pick up your clothes from?
I pick up my clothes from many places. Si Branche and Flash in Bandra and Lorenzo and Saheli in Lokhandwala.

Which is your shoe stop?
I love to shop for shoes at Regal, Catwalk and City Walk.

Anything you love to collect or obsessed with?
I love to shop for and collect Shoes and bags. I'd gone to Hong Kong and bought 13 pairs of shoes, specially chappals and nine bags. Still I feel its never enough to shop for bags and shoes

What comes to your mind when you hear Indian Fashion?
Sari

The most fashionable man and woman in the television industry?
Dolly Thakore is very stylish according to me besides Kabir Bedi is style icon too.

But above all my husband Sharad Kelkar looks like an icon and looks fabulous in each and every sense in whatever he wears.

Your favourite designer?

Ritu Kumar and Ritu Beri

Are you a part of the 'shorter the better' culture?
Not really. I believe in being comfortable in whatever one wears and looking good in it whether it is short or long.

Any accessory which is close to your heart?
No accessories for me. My husband had gifted me a platinum and diamond ring which is closest to my heart

How do you sum up yourself?
I prefer to wear clothes that I am comfortable in and not try to follow fashion blindly. A loose tee from Fab India works wonders for me. Also I am a little plump so I have to be careful of what I am wearing. I love to wear lip gloss and blush on to hide my cheeks.

Edited by srk_rulz - 18 years ago
Pachu.P thumbnail
For comments, please visit: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/236580. Do not post any comments here.

"I love wearing diamonds!"

Money. That's what drives everyone in the final analysis, whether in the glamour world of acting or the hard grind of scripting and producing. Cashin' In sits down with TV celebs to know well they handle their financial matters, and tracks their spending patterns.  

Gurdeep, whose claim to fame was Sanjeevini on Star Plus, has two series in her kitty as of now, Sinndoor on Zee TV and Jet Set Go on Star One. She is extremely finicky about what she buys and it certainly has to be exclusive. She tells Riya V Anandwala that paying tax is also valuable.

Who manages your finances?
I have a C.A. who takes care of my finances. I don't blindly trust my C.A. though; my mom is majorly involved in it. So she keeps me posted with whatever is happening.

In what do you invest the most?
I have invested a lot in bonds like ICICI, insurance policies and also properties. I have not yet planned my life as such, I am just concentrating on earning now, it's only after some time that I can sit back and think what should be done with my money.

Do you blow up a lot of money on your shopping?
I am not at all an impulsive buyer! But yes, I want the best; I will never shop for stuff which is low on quality. But yes, if I like something, I will certainly go for it.

So how much do you end up spending in a month?
I spend a lot on spas and hair salons. I don't really blow up too much on my clothes. I also love spending on cosmetics. In a month, I end up spending around 15000 to 20000.

What are your thoughts on insurance policies?
I believe a lot in insurance, and I want to secure myself. The nominees of my insurance would be of course my kids and my mother.

And the tax system?
I am a proud tax payer! I am very much with the system of paying tax. This is because it helps me a lot in buying properties. Even when I have to apply for a loan, it becomes much easier. Basically my C.A guides me how to go about paying taxes.

Are you into the share trade?
I don't invest in share bazaar though, but I love investing in jewellery. I just love buying jewellery and that's diamonds, to be precise. I have so many sets now and I am dying to wear them!

Do you own a car and is it on loan?
I have a Honda City and it's on loan. Actually I have two cars, a small one and a big one and both are on loan. I could have done a down payment for both of them, but my C.A. suggested that I get them on loan. That's because the circulation of money can be well presented to the bank by showing our expenditure at the end of the fiscal year.

How are you by nature when it comes to money?
I am not at all stingy; actually both of us (Arjun) spend a lot. I take care of my money. How can I be kanjoos, I am a Punjabi after all!

At the end of the day, what will you term yourself as, being a working woman?
I would love to call myself a self made woman, as I have been working since I was 15 years old!