02/02/2012: Sudama's family back in poverty

Poll

Should Imagine TV end this serial?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Sudama & Susheela decide that the next morning, they will leave the house.  Next morning, Susheela appears b4 Sudama in her old sari, and Sudama compliments her.  The kids then come, all in rags, and they are all very happy.  Susheela hands over the keys of her house to her maid Champa, and tells her that this house was the lord's gift to them, and to take good care of it.  Champa is stunned, but accepts it, and they all leave, Sudama w/ Krishna's statue in his arms.  (If he wants to be independent of Krishna, why doesn't he leave his statue too w/ Champa? 😑)

Jamvavati is upset seeing all this.  Krishna tells her that Sudama has raised his kids well that they very willingly gave up all this to follow him.  Jambavati tells him that she is concerned about the kids & their well being. 😭

Sudama & family move into their old dump, and he installs the statue and does his puja, and Susheela joins him & asks him to bless her that she'd be a worthy wife & mother.  Sudama praises her.  Mohan & 2 of the other kids claim 3 of the corners, Susheela claims the 'kitchen' and Sudama tells the 4th that he can sleep w/ him.  Sudama then asks them to arrange the house while he makes some arrangements for food.

Krishna in a somewhat contrived voice tells Udhav that so far, he's been only helping those Brahmins who don't want his help, so from now on, he'll just go and help those who are truly in need of it.  Udhav is unimpressed, and as Krishna leaves, Udhav tells himself that a thousand of Krishna's smiles won't disguise his unhappiness @ Sudama leaving.

Sudama goes going begging from door to door.  He explains to the first woman how he had decided to earn his own living.  However, most people who he sees are now derisive of him πŸ‘  One woman tells him that they had hoped that since he was so close to Krishna, that they too would benefit from this friendship & that association, but instead, Sudama just severed all ties w/ Krishna.  Another man tells Sudama that he's a blight & not to show his face.  As usual, Sudama does his JSK jaabs after these insults.  Sudama then goes to another place, where others speculate that he must have lost all his wealth by gambling 🀣  In another place, Sudama overhears 2 men discussing how he dashed their hopes of being associated w/ Krishna by snapping all ties w/ him - he's such a moron πŸ‘πŸΌ  In short, everybody Sudama begs from either who doesn't know thinks that he gambled his fortune away, or those who do know think that he was a moron by giving it all away to his maid. πŸ˜†

Krishna runs into his room pretty excited and asks Jambavati to prepare malpoa for that night.  He describes how some Brahmins are very pleased w/ him & would be happy to be hosted by him, and he's very happy @ the thought of their benefiting from his generousity.  Jambavati & Savitri remember Sudama, & look sad.

Sudama then stands in front of his own home, & Champa is scared to see him.  She goes inside and tells her husband that Sudama is here, and what if he wants his house back? πŸ˜†  Champa's hubby goes out and warns Sudama to get lost 🀣  Sudama tries to explain, but the man asks him to not dare show up there again πŸ˜†

Sudama is back home, and the kids ask him for the usual stuff - one asks him for the roti & ghee, while Mohan asks him for the rabri πŸ˜†  Susheela looks @ him helplessly, while Sudama looks embarrassed.
Edited by .Vrish. - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Couldn't Krishna have just morphed himself into a householder and offered Sudama alms when he was begging for it?  Anyway, thanks for the update. It takes a lot of will power to transcribe this junk into words
varaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Susheela joins him & asks him to bless her that she'd be a worthy wife & mother.  Sudama praises her.  

Asks whom ? Krishna or Sudama? 
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Susheela bowed to Sudama to touch his feet, and asked Sudama for those blessings.

Actually, today, I watched the episode like a sadist, after disabusing myself of the notion that this was the real Sudama.  So unlike in the first track where I sympathized w/ him whenever he was treated badly, this time, I just gloated.  I agree w/ the people who called him a moron for snapping his relationship w/ Krishna, instead of bringing him more into their lives as well.  Those who speculated that he had gambled his riches away were even funnier.

Champa didn't do anything to earn that house, so for Susheela to hand it over to her was ridiculous, and I chuckled when Champa's hubby asked Sudama to get lost.  That way, it will be easier for Krishna to reclaim it from him if he wants to give it back to Sudama.  Or better yet, pull Sudama & family out of there and settle them in Dwarka.

The plot is bizarre - trying to get Sudama attached to the place by getting Mohan addicted to rabri.  But one thing - if Sudama doesn't have pride in something that Krishna gives him, then how does he take pride in something that he has to beg from other people, who don't care one way or another about him or his family?  And please - spare me the 'Brahmans have to beg' routine.  Otherwise, that's what all the rishis, from Sandipan to Dhaumya would have been doing.  The only reason begging was taught in gurukuls to all students - brahmans or not - was to inculcate a sense of humility, nothing more.

Udhav needed just one episode to see the error of his ways, but Sudama needs whole weeks, and in the process, uproots his family, loses his home and so on.
vedantka thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Vrish, 😊

thanks for the update but even for me it was a torture to watch this episode.
I'm very disappointed because in previous tracks with Sushila or Paundrak , even if some things were indeed distorted but the general mood was intact, so there were some humorous scenes and Sudama's absolute selfless friendship for Krishna was heart warming so in a way many things were still quite natural and I could enjoy it more or less.

But now there is nothing to hold onπŸ˜” πŸ˜”πŸ˜”, Sudama became blight (as you said) with totally twisted understanding of bhakti, his actions are totally NONSENSICAL and any time he utters "Jai Shree Krishn", it is so empty and unnatural with no energy of devotion. Nothing any more seems to make sense in this episode and everything is quite unnatural and unconvincing no matter at what angle I try to look at itπŸ˜’. There is no consequence even in Krishn's words as one moment He declares silently in His mind that Sudama will never be able to leave his house and the very next moment Sudama is leaving his house. It looks like the SP has some idea at one moment and the very next moment they change their mind but whoops, they already implemented it on the screen! And they seem not to remember it !

What's even WORSE-it looks like SP is going to extend this track for many more days...😭 Edited by vedantka - 12 years ago
varaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

And please - spare me the 'Brahmans have to beg' routine.  Otherwise, that's what all the rishis, from Sandipan to Dhaumya would have been doing.  The only reason begging was taught in gurukuls to all students - brahmans or not - was to inculcate a sense of humility, nothing more.

Very True . From where did the Creatives get the idea that brahmans have to beg ? Only one class of people were allowed to seek alms - they were the brahmacharis- those still in quest of knowledge, without means of livelihood as yet. 

But once a person marries and has kids, he automatically becomes a grihasta and according to the rules of the society, the grihastas had to maintain the other three varnas- Brahmacharis, Vanaprasthas and Sanyasis. At least, brahmacharis could solicit alms by saying "Bhavati Bhiksham dehi" in front of a grihasta's house, but the sanyasis were barred from even that. In such cases it became the beholden duty of the householders to ensure that the sanyasis did not suffer. There were even restrictions on the kind of alms to be offered. In no case could cooked food be offered. For brahmacharis, raw rice, raw pulses, etc could be given, which he / guru mata could cook later. In case of sanyasis, even that could not be offered. Only fruits, vegetables which could be eaten directly, poha/ puffed rice, etc could be given.

Coming back to Sudama a grihasta like him, wandering door to door, soliciting alms is not only stupid but blatently wrong.  It shows that the creatives had no idea how ancient Indian society functioned. As a householder, Sudama would have had to offer oblations to the sacred fire, early in the morning and the rice offering for that would have had to be cooked by Susheela. How is he going to manage it, if he has to depend on the charity of his neighbours? 

Edited by varaali - 12 years ago
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
It was a comedy show for me yesterday 😲. Couln't resist myself from commenting here πŸ˜†. Writing about the particular scs (completely my personal opinion)

- How come Champa got the house, without doing anything????? πŸ˜•

- The keys were so much like the modern day keys πŸ˜†

- 'That' old hut of Sudama was still unoccupied!!!! πŸ˜ƒ Guess, there are no poor family in that village except Sudama's family πŸ˜†

- Listening to all those comments about Sudama- like gambling, and all - I was kind of πŸ€£ πŸ€£, they are so true!!!!...

- Was that Champa with her husband in the house of Sudama? 😲  Who said - 'Kahin apna ghar hi na maang baithe'?? - OMG!! How silly was that??? πŸ˜†

- Krishna's WEIRD behaviour!!!  So different in each sc!!! πŸ˜• (Vedantka's post is so correct! 😊)

- 'Mere liye to koi kona hi nahi bacha' - by the youngest one was just Tooo Cute!!!!!! πŸ€—    πŸ€— Why will they sleep in the corners of the room? πŸ€ͺ  Aren't they going to sleep with their parents? πŸ˜• πŸ˜†

- And yes, the 'Raabri' qs by Mohan!!! That was the Ultimate one!!!! πŸ€£ He hasn't forgotten about it!!! πŸ˜†

Who are the Creatives of this REMARKABLE show???? πŸ˜‘ πŸ€£   As Vrish said, SP truly deserves an award for DBSK πŸ˜†