01/11/2011: Paundrak SPARED, resumes PERSECUTION

Poll

Do you think that the authentic Paundrak story will be shown from now?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
The sudarshan is chasing Paundrak, when suddenly Maharani Tara appears from nowhere 😡 and begs Krishna for mercy.  She offers to accept whatever punishment Krishna wants for Paundrak. 🤢  Krishna points to Paundrak that this is the difference b/w him and her - she's willing to sacrifice her life for him, whereas he humiliated her in front of his entire kingdom.  Paundrak seems moved by this, and goes to Krishna and apologizes, while Tara tells Krishna that all she wanted from him was setting her husband on the right path.  Paundrak tells Krishna to feel free to punish him or forgive him, and tells him that he takes refuge in him, and promises Krishna that he'll stop persecuting his devotees and that Krishna would be worshipped in his kingdom.  Krishna revokes his discus and tells Paundrak that from today, he'll live not as a king, but as a servant of the people.  Paundrak agrees, and everyone is happy.

A divine chariot appears in the sky and lands on earth.  Krishna tells Sudama to come w/ him, since their work here is done.  Shano's father begs him to take him as well, since they'd be persecuted for worshipping Krishna if they remained here.  Paundrak intervenes and promises him that nothing of the sort will happen, and from this day, Krishna will be worshipped 😕  Everybody is happy and do jai jaikars of Krishna, and after that, Krishna & Sudama mount the chariot and leave.

Sudama praises Krishna for his leela, and pulling off what he thought was impossible: Sudama had been under the impression that Paundrak can't be reformed, and only his death would end that tyranny.  Krishna tells him that he's not wrong - Paundrak has not reformed, and hasn't discarded the arrogance that was innate to him.  Sudama asks him why he spared Paundrak in that case, and Krishna told him that it was Maharani Tara whose good deeds ensured that Paundrak got a fresh lease on life.

Next day, Maharani Tara is offering pujas to Krishna, when Paundrak enters, beaming.  She turns to him and welcomes him, and holds the arati thali in front of him, telling him that he's come just @ the right time, when she was about to do the Krishna puja.  Paundrak explodes and knocks that thali and everything on the ground, and grabs her hair 😈  He describes Krishna as a cheat who pretended to be someone else in his kingdom, turned his subjects against him and got Gen Durdhar killed by his own hands.  Tara protests that it wasn't Paundrak, but God who got Durdhar killed to punish him for persecuting his subjects.  Paundrak slaps her hard, knocking her down, and warning her never to use the word bhagvan w/ Krishna again, and leaves.

Elsewhere, in his kingdom, people are resuming their Krishna worship, and re-installing their old Krishna idols, replacing the Paundrak idols.  Soldiers go from door to door capturing all Krishna bhakts and dragging them to the town center.

In Dwarka, Jambavati is hosting Sudama, who is happy to eat what she's cooked after so many days 😳  Krishna however is somber, and Jambavati asks him whether there were any shortcomings in her welcome for him?  Krishna denies it, and tells them that he was upset about Paundrak again ignoring the latest opportunity he's been given, and refusing to follow the path of dharm despite being given it.

Paundrak is livid @ his subjects who @ this opportunity have put aside his idols and replaced them w/ Krishna's, and individually slaps a few of them, including Shanu's father.  He then addresses the devas, the heavens and all celestial beings,  telling them to give Krishna a message.  He tells them that the people who he's imprisoned are going to starve, and if Krishna wants to save them, he should come, and hand over his shanka, padma, gada & sudarshan chakra to him. 👏

Krishna is watching all this in a sombre mood.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
I was initially pissed @ the start of the episode, but @ the end of it all, I was pretty happy.  Here's why.

When Maharani Tara appeared from nowhere to save Paundrak, it was obvious that he'd be spared, and then what?  Had they showed Paundrak reform, it would have been totally ahistorical.  What they did end up showing was Paundrak being a coward and putting on a charade of being a Krishna bhakt as long as Krishna was there, and returning to form once he had left.  It was therefore heartening to hear Krishna tell Sudama that he wasn't wrong, and that Paundrak hadn't reformed, and that it was just b'cos of his stupid wife that Krishna had to spare him.

Sadistic as it may seem, I just loved it when Paundrak knocked the thali off Tara and then slapped her, knocking her down, making her stupid efforts go totally waste.  Nothing has been more annoying in this fictitious track than a fictitious bhakt, whose devotion rivals Sudama's.  The way the sindoor on that thali landed on the floor and all that, it looked like she was destined to lose that suhaag that she managed to save @ the last moment.  If Tara is going to be the sole obstacle to Krishna killing Paundrak, I want her to be out of the way, so that Krishna can kill Paundrak.

However, the last scene, where Paundrak demands that Krishna turn over all of Vishnu's accessories to him was a good one, and one they could have done on day 2 of this Paundrak track.  In the original story, this is how it happened - Paundrak had sent a messenger to Krishna demanding those things, and that's what made Krishna set off for Karusa on Garuda.  For the first time in I think months, they're showing something authentic.

Given how Krishna cannot kill Paundrak if Tara is going to appear b4 him every time he threatens to kill him, what I think he'll do when he next faces Paundrak is tell him that he's handing over his sudarshan chakra, and send the discus to him, and the discus severs his head.  If he does this, there is no way Tara can stop it, since Paundrak himself wants it, and that would also be actually authentic.  Tara can't appear on the battlefield either, and if she does, Krishna can pretend to hand over the chakra, which @ the last moment can cut off Paundrak's head.  Hopefully, that will be followed by him killing Kashiraj.  Dunno what the treatment for Haladhar will be.

Anyway, just hope this is the start of showing the original Paundrak track.  In the original story, Paundrak was sulking after the abduction of Rukmini, and what got him to demand Vishnu's accessories was his subjects voluntarily worshipping him.  Here, they put together a completely fictitious background story b4 seeming to get to the real thing.
Edited by .Vrish. - 12 years ago
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Where had Krishna gone that JV had to welcome him back? Have the CV's forgotten that Krishna was very much present in Dwarka and it only his clone, Murli who was with Paundrak? 😡

The authentic story starts from here. This was the first time he has demanded Krishna's conch, discus etc...which is what is there in the original. Hope the Cv's don't mangle the Kashiraj-Sudikshna story as badly as they have done this.

Vr15h thumbnail
When Murli turned into Krishna following Paundrak's attempt to touch the newly married Shanu,  did that mean that Krishna disappeared from Jambavati's place and suddenly appeared here?

But in case you didn't see it, Jambavati was really welcoming Sudama more than Krishna.  Sudama took a morsel and offered it to Krishna, as usual.  So what they showed wasn't totally  off base.

I too hope that from this point onwards, they follow the original story.  But wonder what he'll do w/ Haladhar - kill him or reform him, since there's nothing about him anywhere else.  Or will he get Haladhar to marry Tara in return for being spared?
Edited by .Vrish. - 12 years ago
ghotalaz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks for the update Vrish!
I read an update after a gap & OMG!!! still Paundrak track 🤣 I thought I might have missed a lot of things & the Paundrak track might have ended by now but🤣🤣🤣 looks like it's finally going to end. Thank god

Agree with Varali, what's with JV being happy that Krishna will be eating what she's cooked after so many days... wasn't he always busy watching Paundrak channel with her🤪 Either JV is suffering from memory loss or the SPs are suffering from memory loss😈 I won't blame the SPs though, I can understand... poor fellows have been dragging a short track over months... it's natural to forget what they've been showing🤪🤣

Answering the poll... umm... Maybe... I never stop expecting from these guyz🤣

On a serious note... did the SPs find their Draupadi or not???😕
vedantka thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

QUOTE:
Given how Krishna cannot kill Paundrak if Tara is going to appear b4 him every time he threatens to kill him, what I think he'll do when he next faces Paundrak is tell him that he's handing over his sudarshan chakra, and send the discus to him, and the discus severs his head.  If he does this, there is no way Tara can stop it, since Paundrak himself wants it.  Hopefully, that will be followed by him killing Kashiraj.  Dunno what the treatment for Haladhar will be.[/QUOTE]

Krishna had promised maharani Tara to spare her husband's life but He already fulfilled that promise, He did not promise to keep sparing Paundrak's life endlessly and by now it must be quite obvious even for Maharani Tara that Paundrak is a lost case, totally unreformable so she will not try to protect him any more and also as a devotee of Krishna she would not dare to misuse/overuse His kindness.

Anyway Krishna Himself looks totally fed up with Paundrak's case so hopefully He will finish him off tomorrow... or... the day after tomorrow so next week they could start with something NEW.

Jay Shree Krishna!!!

Edited by vedantka - 12 years ago
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
At first I was also shocked to see the 'jeevandaan' of Paundrak by Krishna!!!!!!! 😲    But ok, they did tackle the story properly after that. I guess they won't dare to go against SB ... Last sc was good.  I feel, now the end of Paundrak is near.
sitakshii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
nice update vrish
i think now the makers will show the authentic paundrak story
and i changed my channel when i saw Krishna giving jeevan daan to paundrak ...i was just so furious at this ...so i watched the episodes in itsy -bitsy parts ...