Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

4th Jan 2012- Paundrak orders spying on Dwarka, Murli

varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Scene begins in a village house. A man is preparing to go out. He says to his wife that he is the father of daughters and how much ever hard he may work, he will never be able to collect the requisite gold for their marriages . He had heard that Maharaj paundrak is going to visit their village today- he will appeal to him for help. His wife cautions him that Maharjaj Paundrak will extend his  help only if he (the father) accepts Paundrak as God. The father replies though they recognize only Krishna as their only God, he has filial duties to perform. One of the daughters tries to stop him, but the father asks her to let him go

Paundrak enters the village amidst lot of jay jay kars. The father (should we give him also a name now?) beseeches Paundrak to help him with financially to enable him marry off his daughters. Paundrak giving an evil smile says that he does not know to worship Bhagwaan Paundrak. He asks Haldhar and Kashiraaj to 'explain' to the father. 

Haldhar and Kashirraj explains that while seeking something from Bhagwan Paundrak one should  
  1. Not Wear a turban (Haldhar takes out his sword and removes Pa's turban)
  2. Perform Aarti
  3. Wash Bahgwaan's feet with ganga water
  4. Bow down and kiss Bhagwan's feet 
 Pa is forced to do all this while Ma and Beti  look on distressed. MM and Sudama are watching from behind a tree. A beaming  Paundrak hands Pa a bagful of coins and asks him to conduct his daughter's weddign in a lavish manner. A grateful Pa praises Paundrak's generosity- but Paundrak cuts him short with a caveat. Pa has to return the amount within one week or send his daughter as a 'dasi' to the palace. MM shakes his head disgustedly while Sudama looks on shocked. Paundrak leaves

MM observes that instead of being a rakshak, Paundrak has become a bhakshak

Back in the Palace, Paundrak and his cronies (Haldhar and Kashiraj) are enjoying recollecting Pa's predicament. Haldhar and Kashiraj manage to plant seeds of doubt regarding MM's true identity in Paundrak's mind. Paundrak orders one of the soldiers to keep a close eye on MM's activities and asks Haldhar and Kashiraj to reveal MM's true identity.

Krishna and Sudama are walking some where. Sudama asks " where?" K replies " To Pa's house." Krishna observes " In times of distress, men tend to think that they are helpless and incpable. During such times, it is my duty to go to every Bhakt and reassure him that God is with him" 

MM and Sudama reach Pa's house. Some distressing talk b/w Ma and Pa about their finances (the lack of it, rather).. Beti also pitches in saying she would prefer to work as a dasi in Paundrak's palace rather than put her family through such difficulties. Pa is angered and about to strike beti when MM comes in and gives some gyan on the kind of son-in-law chosen by Pa - a son-in -law who seems more interested  in gold rather than his life partner.  

Ma asks who are they? MM introduces himself as SHyam and Sudama as Omkaar - travellers across the world gathering and distributing knowledge. Pa remarks that all the high flown talk suits the wealthy or those who don't have families- not those with familial resposibilities.

MM launches into some more gyan giving- ....and I fell asleep.

If you have watched the show you may want to fill the last part. 

If you haven't watched the episode- don't bother. We will tell you when to start watching again- assuming we are around till then  😆

Edited by varaali - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hot_Indo_Chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Well if the epi was on dowry...the truth is that still the majority of weddings involve dowry in India.
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
🥱 You fell asleep? 🤣  Okay, I'll fill in, reading your summary intrigued me to actually go to YouTube to watch it - these days, I've just been watching it the next day.  And I was wondering why no heading 😆

There was no last part.  The bhashan Shyam gave was that the daughters are Lakshmis, that they are the ones who help continue families, and they shouldn't be looked upon as burdens or debts.  Ma said that giving dowry was the tradition, and Krishna told them that traditions that put a family in debt and put daughters on sale are best cast aside.

Anyway, there were some more interesting developments in the story.  After Kashiraj & Haladhar convinced Paundrak about the suspicious activities of Murli, which were confirmed by his guard, Paundrak ordered Haladhar and Kashiraj to keep an eye on Murli, they went to find out what became of their spy, who has disappeared 🤣  They sent some more spies to Dwarka to find out what became of him.

Comments: So this man has 5 daughters?  If only Shyam could take them to Kunti and have her marry them off to the Pandavas - their problems would be forever solved. 😈  Or if only Sudama's kids were old enough - hey, why not show a leap and have 4 of Sudama's sons marry 4 of the girls, and make other arrangements for the remaining girl?

So essentially, in this episode, Murli decides to take on the cause of fighting dowry?  But didn't he already do that when he married Satyabhama - she had 3 other suitors who were more interested in the Syamantaka gem, and Satrajit, after getting it back from Krishna, turned them away?  Of course, that was just a cover for Akrura & Kritavarma, both of whom Satrajit had previously prmised Satyabhama's hand in marriage, since they never showed what they did.

Anyway, getting back to this, if Shyam is going to talk Pa out of giving any dowry, why not talk him out of obsessing about their marriage, and instead training them to be like modern, independent, single women?  If Arjun, as Brihanala, could be a dance guru for a year, surely one or more of the daughters could do that as well?  Or be a gourmet chef in the Dwapar Yuga edition of Masterchef Aryavarta?  Or like Kaikeyi, be a charioteer?  So many options!  Especially since Shanu herself offered to not marry.  Or will either he or Omkar take Shanu as another wife?  I think Shyam has too many wives already - maybe Sudama should marry her and send Shanu over to Susheela, if Shyam doesn't take them to the Pandavas. 😆

Sudama's fake name was Omkar? 🤣 Why not Todd, or Wayne, or Justin? Such names would have been about as relevant as Omkar in that era.

Hopefully, Krishna & Sudama don't go back to Paundrak, but instead return to Dwarka, and the real Krishna goes and invades Paundrak, and kills him & Kashiraj.  Oh, and since Haladhar is there, take Balarama to take care of him.
Edited by .Vrish. - 12 years ago
vedantka thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
⭐️Hi guys,

First I'd like to thank you guys for all recaps! They are very very helpful to me as I do not speak Hindi. I'm a Polish woman living in Canada. My name is Gosia. Please, make the summaries as detailed as possible, I'll appreciate it a lot!!!!

I truly enjoy Dwarkadheesh serial in spite of not knowing Hindi (I've just started to learn some phonetic Hindi words & grammatical structures, time permitted) and even if sometimes the episodes seem to never end ( it looks like SP is buying time to organize the cast for the main theme). But Shree Krishn especially as Murli Manohar has a lot of genuine charm and kindness so it is a pleasure to watch Vishal Karwal's performance.

On the other hand we can see all around and throughout the history that before evil doers are punished most of the time it is not immediately, sometimes it takes a really long time before they are terminated, like Hitler, Stalin, absolutely evil guys from Christian Inquisition,etc,etc. So Murli's patience with Paundrak seems like not a big exception.

We have many such Paundraks nowadays, there is the whole new age movement, especially here in the West where so many people believe they are mini gods as according to them God distributed Himself into all of us and as we He simply forgot that He is God !!!! So by acknowledging their divinity and little practice such people believe they will become powerful again and will be able to do anything and everything! I personally know such deluded individuals and no amount of logical explanation can help. They simply do not want to face the reality.

So I watch Paundrak's story as an example of psychological distortion where Murli Manohar is assuming the role of an refined psychiatrist but apparently even God Himself cannot straighten out such deeply distorted individuals! Their egocentric and egoistic nature can conceal for a moment when they face immediate danger or threat but otherwise they enjoy their self created narcissistic image and try to make others admire them one way or another.

Anyway it would be really kind  and merciful of SP to finally end the Paundrak's story with a proper lesson for all.
Edited by vedantka - 12 years ago
varaali thumbnail
Vrish,

Yeah, I kind of dozed off during the last bit (when Krishna started his gyan darshan Channel- it was 11:30 in the night here) and was woken up by the title music playing in the end. I did not feel like rewinding and actually writing about the same cliched  theme of dowry harrasement. As if it had not been trashed to death in the Saas Bahu serials. And  I also didn't feel the readers would miss anything if I just skipped it. 

Which social cause will Kanha espouse next ? Female literacy? Is it Kanha's turn now to become Raja Ram Mohan Roy?(After the CV's converted Sudma into Prahalad and Tara into Meera bai)

Anyway thanks for filling it in. Also I could not think of a suitable title for the update - because I felt apart form Pa's distress, there was nothing significant. 

Vr15h thumbnail
Varaali

I think Murli's next crusade will be against sati.  Maybe after he kills Paundrak, Queen Tara will want to commit sati, and Shyam and Omkar will discourage her from doing that, reform Haladhar, encourage him to marry Queen Tara and set a precedent for widow remarriage.

Or maybe Murli, sorry, Shyam, will start a crusade against child marriage.  You just inspired me for my next poll in tonight's update 😈
varaali thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Varaali

I think Murli's next crusade will be against sati.  Maybe after he kills Paundrak, Queen Tara will want to commit sati, and Shyam and Omkar will discourage her from doing that, reform Haladhar, encourage him to marry Queen Tara and set a precedent for widow remarriage.

When we know that each of Krishna's queens performed Sati? 😕
Speaking of Shyam, that is as anachronistic as Omkar. It should have been 'Ghanashyam' 

Or maybe Murli, sorry, Shyam, will start a crusade against child marriage.  You just inspired me for my next poll in tonight's update 😈

Or watch less TV? 

Vr15h thumbnail
Not all of them, if one goes by MBH.  Rukmini, Jambavati, Kalindhi, Mitravindya & Satya were the ones who did, while Satyabhama, Bhadra & Lakshmanaa retired to a place called Kalpa in the Himalayas, where they did tapas.  The 16,100 drowned themselves in the river Saraswati.  Yeah, in SB, all of them committed Sati.  But at any rate, when the PH has got so much wrong, why not this one?

Watch less TV?  You're actually suggesting that Krishna join Balarama and actually rule Dwarka, instead of sitting w/ Jambavati and watching what's going on w/ Sudama, Paundrak, Pandavas, et al?