India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Nanav always gets punches!

pdbngc Senior Member
pdbngc
pdbngc

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Not sure what to make of this: "Nanav always gets punches" to Arnav.  Unsure of this is a mistake by NK who seems to have problems with Hindi. However, I follow the story by the subtitles...

Anyway, it is possible that Arnav was bullied by NK when he was younger hence "Nanav always gets punches". We could also see how protective both Anjali and Akash were towards Arnav in his attempt to get out from the house.

Despite Arnav correcting NK about his name, NK still calls him Nanav.  (subtle bullying)

This bullying when he was younger could be the reason why Arnav turned out to be a bully himself as an adult. 

Despite Arnav's attitude, I still like Arnav and Khushi to end up together as their love for each other seems more innocent!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Raima36svmisun2011HaRul-loveranodaksgfan.nirvana.

fj08 IF-Rockerz
fj08
fj08

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
I am not sure which part you read this in but that must be poor translation in the sub titles.. there wasnt any mention of punches by NK Confused

sometimes its difficult to translate expressions from one language to another, i really dont think arnav would have allowed anyone to bully him even as a kid, all his attitude problems are because of his parent and then uncle cheating them out of their money... we still dont have the entire story

at least you dont have to worry abt arnav and khushi's communication, that doesnt need any languageWink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Targaryen

LyssaPie IF-Sizzlerz
LyssaPie
LyssaPie

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
I think he's scared of him because he makes fun of him and i wouldnt call it bullying...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pdbngcXAiShBaBy08XTargaryen

pdbngc Senior Member
pdbngc
pdbngc

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the clarification about the punches...

Having said that, I guess childhood teasing is looked upon differently in different countries.  Here, in KIDNEY, continual teasing would be regarded as bullying.

Anyway, wonder what tricks NK is going to play on Arnav...

XAiShBaBy08X

XAiShBaBy08X Goldie
XAiShBaBy08X
XAiShBaBy08X

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 1:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LyssaPie

I think he's scared of him because he makes fun of him and i wouldnt call it bullying...

I agree with you.  I think NK has a lot of jokes up his sleeves which is why Arnav wants to avoid him.  NK accidentally makes fun of everybody and everything...and our high and mighty Arnav can't stand being made fun of.  LOL  I mean...if I were Arnav and this NK guy kept messing up my name...then I would be annoyed as well and would avoid him at all costs.  lol 

I also don't remember anyone saying anything about punching anyone...TOO many any's in one sentence!  Big smile

RadheKrish1

XAiShBaBy08X Goldie
XAiShBaBy08X
XAiShBaBy08X

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pdbngc

Thanks for the clarification about the punches...

Having said that, I guess childhood teasing is looked upon differently in different countries.  Here, in KIDNEY, continual teasing would be regarded as bullying.

Anyway, wonder what tricks NK is going to play on Arnav...

You are right.  Continuous teasing is known as bullying...but I don't think NK does it on purpose.  I guess we'll know for sure as we see more of him in the upcoming episodes.  lol 
muffy93 Newbie
muffy93
muffy93

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
Lol, I think you misunderstood...NK said ASR always has "Ghoosa" when he meant "gussa". he was trying to say he's always angry.LOL
LuvShuv Senior Member
LuvShuv
LuvShuv

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
I think the writers are highlighting how different these two men are----they are a foil for each other and this will make the dynamics interesting when Khushi is brought in.

We know that ASR is a serious man who does not suffer fools gladly. Whereas NK is playful and good-humoured. It's early days but I don't see any malice in NK. In fact, I was moved by his words when he spoke of ASR's "broken rishta". I also couldn't help notice that he said, "don't worry, there is someone out there made especially for you." An echo of Khushi's idealistic filmi language.

Edited by LuvShuv - 22 December 2011 at 2:12pm

Go to top