Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dkmystery thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
so true so true!
once the show goes hit, they keep dragging it to keep earning, maybe they don't have trust on their own talent n fear that if they end it on proper time n start a new show then it might not work 😆

I'm glad we have access to UK/US shows, they have like 10-15 epi. in one season and a gud show would never drag and we r left crying for the next season... Indian producers would faint if they r told that they have to come up with less epi. more substance 🤣
..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
And I hate how the channels decide to pull things off air, and like they're done within a week. I sure hope that doesn't happen to Maryada, because there's so much more left to be dealt with!

This TB article has me all depressed now -_-
..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: _dkmystery_

so true so true!
once the show goes hit, they keep dragging it to keep earning, maybe they don't have trust on their own talent n fear that if they end it on proper time n start a new show then it might not work 😆

I'm glad we have access to UK/US shows, they have like 10-15 epi. in one season and a gud show would never drag and we r left crying for the next season... Indian producers would faint if they r told that they have to come up with less epi. more substance 🤣

So true! And they keep you interested every single episode! Indian shows, most of them, you can skip a month and come back and you wouldn't have missed a damn thing!😆
dkmystery thumbnail
Originally posted by: Naina2127

And I hate how the channels decide to pull things off air, and like they're done within a week. I sure hope that doesn't happen to Maryada, because there's so much more left to be dealt with!

This TB article has me all depressed now -_-

this clearly reflects that the channels n producers don't care anything 'bout the viewers! imagine people who keep watching all those 1000 epi, then a news comes that the show/channel is going, they cry but nothing happens!

if the story really had potential then can't the producer go to some other channel? but both the parties know the truth 😆

n yeah, Maryada should come back on a strong plotline n not be sacked!
dkmystery thumbnail
Originally posted by: Naina2127

So true! And they keep you interested every single episode! Indian shows, most of them, you can skip a month and come back and you wouldn't have missed a damn thing!😆

😆 I have forgotten how many times I've skipped Maryada n every time I expected Priya to have continued her studies/career, Dev really standing up n not behaving like a 'typical indian woman', Vidya using her education n standing up for herself but nothing changes...
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
US shows aren't much better...😆  UK series I find the best format.

Us shows usually  20-24 episodes a season and try to go on as long as they can.  They go through a lot of the same things Indian dailies go through, except it's with better production values and it's not as many episodes overall.  And many are subject cancellation mid way through a season, or told midway through a a season they will be cancelled... so then comes all the quick wrapping up.

The perfect example is Lost (though they knew by the fifth season that the sixth would be the last.) ðŸ˜† 

Doesn't mean that there aren't many that are great and amazing in quality.  Obviously if I had to choose between Indian and American in general and on basis of quality, obviously American shows win by a wide and huge margin.

The exception is now US cable shows, where some fewer episodes and fewer seasons (though others still go on for many seasons).  

What a sad start of the morning..
M is going off air...😡
If they rush it DJs will be in my hatelist forever.
(sorry arshi I was too lazy to start a new topic)
Edited by tvdekha - 12 years ago
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
No need to be sorry, Ritsie. I've already told you that. ðŸ˜†  We're far off from the original topic now anyway. ðŸ¤£
dkmystery thumbnail
Originally posted by: likarsh

US shows aren't much better...😆  UK series I find the best format.

Us shows usually  20-24 episodes a season and try to go on as long as they can.  They go through a lot of the same things Indian dailies go through, except it's with better production values and it's not as many episodes overall.  And many are subject cancellation mid way through a season, or told midway through a a season they will be cancelled... so then comes all the quick wrapping up.

The perfect example is Lost (though they knew by the fifth season that the sixth would be the last.) ðŸ˜† 

Doesn't mean that there aren't many that are great and amazing in quality.  Obviously if I had to choose between Indian and American in general and on basis of quality, obviously American shows win by a wide and huge margin.

The exception is now US cable shows, where some fewer episodes and fewer seasons (though others still go on for many seasons).  

UK shows are by far the best, the only US show I watch is 'vampire diaries'

I saw Lost only for the starting epi., then after VD went back to watch Ian's scenes 😆

same here, I too would pic a UK show over Indian n I pity the people who don't have access to them
BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
It was kind of obvious that something was up given the pace at which the story was suddenly progressing. But...I am ok with it as long as they do justice to all the tracks. It's a pity that they dragged the story for a while and are now running to the finish line. Wish they had set an end date and kept a reasonable pace through out instead.

Edited by BheegiBasanti - 12 years ago