Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Jungli Billi suits me tremendously - Priyanka

desihamesha thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
By Guneet Wadera - Filmicafe.com, 22 December 2011, Filmicafe.com
http://www.filmicafe.com/celebrity_interview_detail.php?interview_id=1271

Priyanka Chopra is fierce personified and fiery is her middle name. A world conqueror in more ways than one - PC is a winner all the way. Conquering the peaks of the world of glitz and glamour, Priyanka is a former Miss World with a National Award to her credit and a mile long list of accomplishments that is even more striking than her toweringly sexy frame.     

As Don's perfect opponent and untamed nemesis, the Jungli Billi is furiously back for vengeance. Playing the scarred lover to the hilt - Priyanka revives Roma in Don 2 and the reprising outcome is bound to be explosive, as they say 'Hell Hath No Fury like a Woman Scorned'. In our Don 2 interview with Priyanka Chopra, she talks to Filmicafe on donning Roma again and kicking some serious ass in Don.

Q) Roma Reloaded from Don One to Don Two - how was it to DON Roma again?

Priyanka: I love playing Roma's character especially after she's evolved in the last four years - she's become tougher, angrier, meaner and that's a ton of fun to portray.

Her character is especially complex this time around because she hates Don at the beginning of this film but at the same time he is the man she fell in love with in the last film - she thought she was in love with Vijay but at the end of the movie she realized he was Don all throughout. It's all the more complicated because even when he comes in front of you, you don't whether she should hate him or she should love him or what and that was quite tricky and intriguing for me.

Q) So then does Roma love Don or love to hate Don?

Priyanka: Roma is confused I think (laughs). She can't decide or make up her mind on whether to love Don or to hate him, her feelings are for him are pretty twisted and all over the place.

Q) What about Don and Roma is bound to surprise people this time around?

Priyanka: It is the relationship they share that will astonish people.

Don and Roma's relationship in the film and equation with each other is extremely interesting, it's not a relationship you conventionally see in Indian films at all. It's the kind of relationship where they are both constantly at each other but at the same time you can see there is a definite interest in each other.  

Q) Why are bad boys so enticing to good girls - Don after all is the Ultimate Bad Boy?

Priyanka: Well what I feel is truly attractive about Don, why he's the ultimate bad boy and girls really like him and drool all over him is because somewhere it's a chase with guys like that. When you know you can't have something it makes that something even more enticing and appealing in a way.

Don is somebody who is charming, he is flirtatious, he's confident and those are all qualities girls like in bad boys plus with Don 2 the chase for the ultimate bad boy has began again (laughs).

Q) What about Shahrukh is very much like Don and what about him is quite unlike Don?

Priyanka: The similarities between Shahrukh and Don hmm...are his charm, his wit and his confidence so those would be the likenesses.

The dissimilarities between Shahrukh and Don are, Shahrukh is a lot more gentle - he's not mean and he's not evil. Don is eviler, meaner and certainly not gentler (laughs) - so there it is the same and the not so same.

Q) Jungli Billi is a tag now forever attached to you . How does it fit, describe and best suit you?

Priyanka: Jungli Billi suits my personality tremendously.

Roma is a no nonsense kind of girl - she isn't someone would just lie down and take sh*t from anyone. I am very much like that, I have my talons and claws so... (pauses and laughs) and I am not afraid to show them which is why Jungli Billi matches me perfectly.

Q) How tough or should we say easy was it for you to be kickass and kick-ass convincingly in Don 2?

Priyanka: Yes, I am actually kicking a lot of ass in Don 2 in more ways than one (laughs) and for me that's most thrilling as well as exciting part of the film, not only the fights and stuff but just her character.

Roma is a strong girl who is this tough as nails police officer. So if you are expecting to see me as a glamorous, sweet, pretty girl - she isn't that. She is a girl who wouldn't hold back in giving you a good beating if she was in fact angry with you - it's that sort of character.

Q) Lara and you debuted together in Andaaz - how was it to be sharing screen space with her again after so long had lapsed?

Priyanka: It was absolutely lovely to be working with Lara again, I wish we that had more time together because we didn't have many scenes with each other in the film.

There was this one day that coincided her schedule and mine, we spent the whole evening sitting together.

She had just gotten engaged to Mahesh at that point she hadn't got married yet. We were talking about her engagement, how he had proposed, how sweet he was and we were catching up on all these years that had passed - now she's going to have a baby and I'm so excited for her. Lara is somebody who I hold very close to me because she reminds me of where my beginning was so it felt great to see her and work with her again, I am so happy for her.

Q) There are superheroes and There are super heroines. Don 2, Agneepath, Barfee, Tere Meri Kahaani, Krissh 3 - do you at times feel like a superwoman?

Priyanka: Oh god no! (laughs)

At times I may feel like a superwoman because I can multitask in a big way. I'm doing my movies, I'm doing my music, I'm doing my endorsements and appearances - I am doing a billion and one things at once.

I believe a woman's biggest and strongest trait is multitasking so I feel in a sense women in general are superwomen because we can do five things at the same time, whereas guys can get confused if they have to write a letter and talk on the phone at once - I am not boy bashing or anything like that but it's true (laughs).

So for that reason alone and not any for other reason I may feel like a superwoman sometimes.
Edited by desihamesha - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I am very much like that, I have my talons and claws so... (pauses and laughs) and I am not afraid to show them which is why Jungli Billi matches me perfectly.

Tame Rat says, "I'm Hercules!"  ðŸ¤”

MoviezAdda thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
hey i liked the post u have shared..
it sounds quite interesting to know all this.
thanks for sharing a great post..