Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TintinleMechant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I loved Delhi Belly. It was one of the better movies of the year and starting pushing a lot of boundaries in interesting ways. It was funny, smart and modern but still with an indian touch. The music was also fantastic.

With that said though:  It was Vir Das and Kunaal Roy Kapoor who stole the show, NOT Imran. Imran was mediocre at best.

Secondly: i read on this thread someone saying that many people didnt like delhi belly? Err what. It has a 91% critical acclaim raiting on rotten tomatoes AND is a box office super hit. Its one of the best films of the year.

(edit: adding to the overall point of the thread: im not an imran fan either. He never swayed me and i'm completley unattracted to him. only liked JTYJN and DB of his)
Edited by masakaliii - 12 years ago
Ranbir.Fan thumbnail
Yup Imran does suck at acting. Even in the EK main aur ek tu promos, he has the same plastic expressions on face... I think he should take some acting lessons from his Mamu!
^^wht she meant was it was a widely appreciated movie..ofcourse therz always gonna be people who dunt like a particular movie...but the majority did and hence, the hit status and other statistics. 
Originally posted by: IwasaXXXstar

Don't insult my intelligence. I know what she meant.  I disagreed. Simple as that. 

Majority also liked Dabang, Ready, Bodyguard. So what does that prove? Nada again. ðŸ¥±

no ones insulting ur intelligence...

a film being a hit is a FACT..tht cant be disagreed or agreed with. 

a film being good or bad is debatable...u were debating if the film was good or not...she was debating if it was a hit/widely accepted or not. 

two different things. 
geez...when was it abt u liking or disliking a film...? u can have whtever views u have abt a movie...

masakalli argued against the statement that MANY didnt like the film by stating the film's statistics and performance at the BO which prove that it was liked by the majority...and u countered tht by posting ur personal opinion abt the film...so i merely stated wht i felt abt ur statement...

no need to get oh so dramatic...no ones insulting ur intelligence, pouncing on u or preventing u from having ur views abt successful films...its just that I felt u were countering the wrong statement.

Edited by smartie_pants - 12 years ago
errr you can dislike anything you want. And i myself have disliked films that are critically acclaimed as well as box office hits (Raajneeti for example. which was not very good at all). 

All i'm saying though is that it was widely appreciated by several different audiences, so i was surprised when i read someone say "most people keep sayin DB wasnt good" which is false.

Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I agree masakalli.. DB was IMO a really great movie but Imran was probably the least great thing about it

I don't know what's wrong with the equation, the thing is I don't think he outrightly sucks balls, unlike a lot of other bad actors/actresses who do..
but he seriously hasn't managed to make a mark yet. It's like he sleepwalks through all the films he takes up.. there's no added zing he has, and the closest I got to seeing a glimpse of it was in IHLS...
TBF, I didn't even like the romantic scenes in that movie, they looked as stale as microwaved pizza cheese, but his spunky, funny bits were the best
Originally posted by: liverach

I don't know what's wrong with the equation, the thing is I don't think he outrightly sucks balls, unlike a lot of other bad actors/actresses who do..

I wanna know who the other actor/actresses are🤣
take a chillpill lwasaxxxstar, everyone speaks out on the forums when they think someone has misinterpreted what someone else has said.

Clearly you didn't get what i was saying, or i stated it wrong.  Delhi Belly has its faults and i can see why people might dislike it. All i'm saying though is that i wouldnt dub it a movie that was generally disliked. It managed to pull it critics, alternative film goers, and box-office junkies. Which is why i called it 'one of the best films of the year'.
Edited by masakaliii - 12 years ago
Originally posted by: IwasaXXXstar

Okay now this is getting really absolutely ridonkulous. First of all you clearly want to argue with me because I did not even quote you to begin with. Who died and made you Masakalli's mouthpiece? Secondly, instead of calling me a drama queen and telling me what to counter and what not to counter how about you learn to infer things? Who cares about your feelings? I'll disagree with whatever statement I find wrong. Are you the spokesperson of the universal truth or something? Seriously...

As I said BEFORE I was countering that one statement. Not the entire post. Do you understand the meaning of that or no?

u underlined the entire part of her putting stats in...so any normal person would infer tht ur countering the entire argument.

and who cares abt my feelings?? ..just like u disagreed with her statement, i disagreed with urs...this is a public forum..go figure...