Posted: 12 years ago

How many romantic movies has this guy done??

Countless

In how many did he excel???

1 or two acc to me ( He was cute in his debut movie and IHLS acc to me)

What is with this guy?? He only does romantic movies, doesn't expriment but still he sucks at those very movies. His dialogue delivery isn't the best, he can't survive on his good looks forever.. it seems that he just doesn't try and he himself doesn't seem excited about these movies. The last movie that i saw of his was MBKD and he was pathetic in that movie. I mean he had Katrina kaif opposite him.. when biru worked with Katty in Ajab.. atleast they had SOME chemistry.. but Imran just didn't seem excited enough..lol! Shahid is great in romantic roles, ranveer is good in romantic roles.. and these guys are also experimenting.. but imran totally sucks at romance..and the irony is that he is only doing romantic movies.

Maybe i am being a bit overcritical but i think this guy is just going nowhere.

Edited by LaDy_GaGa - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AishMinoz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i liked him in jtyjn ..
but yes he z not great at romantic roles
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
I loved Imran in JTYJN. Honestly did...love everythign about that movie--one of my fav love stories from the decade. But he really is stuck in the "rom-com" genre and seriously they all look the same to me. IHLS, BKB, MBKD, EMAEK look like carbon copies of each other and I can't tell one from the other--look wise, story wise or even music wise.. Poor Immu doesn't have SRK's charisma and charm, despite having the more chocolate-boy looks when compared to SRK, to convince and entertain in the same lover boy roles again and again either. I think he stuck to them because that was where he found success..his rom-coms were all hits, barring BKB, whereas his Luck and Kidnap flopped...I thought he was decent in DB but the other guys did overshadow him.

I think he needs to reevaluate his career choices again. He is the weakest Gen X male star by a landslide. Shahid, Ranveer, Ranbir are miles ahead. Shahid and Ranveer both stuck to romance as well but they have the acting talent that Immu lacks..He has a VB film coming up..if even VB can't get him to act, then I dunno what to say...πŸ˜• But I still don't think he's going anywhere...he's mamujaan's bhatija naa..mamujaan will bail him out.
tomnjerry2 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8
He did try with Kidnap n Luck but did not go well.. instead of having flops go with movies wrk for u... !!! πŸ˜›

DB was not romantic either but his was not tht gr8 too in it still movie wrked.

and how many movies he has done..? not even 10 > 8 < 7  ? isnt it too early to spk !!! πŸ˜›

Keep-----------------Smiling !!!😊
if he is not experimenting then wat was Delhi Belly?? it was just a W*F role which i think even shahid and ranbir think millions of times to take...yes he is not that gr8 but he should given an enough chance to prove himself, ihls and jytjn worked in his favour, so he had to keep his box office value to hit the bolt as well...i am sure he will experiment in future,...he may not be the best but he is certainly good at a point...
Originally posted by: chocolover89

I loved Imran in JTYJN. Honestly did...love everythign about that movie--one of my fav love stories from the decade. But he really is stuck in the "rom-com" genre and seriously they all look the same to me. IHLS, BKB, MBKD, EMAEK look like carbon copies of each other and I can't tell one from the other--look wise, story wise or even music wise.. Poor Immu doesn't have SRK's charisma and charm, despite having the more chocolate-boy looks when compared to SRK, to convince and entertain in the same lover boy roles again and again either. I think he stuck to them because that was where he found success..his rom-coms were all hits, barring BKB, whereas his Luck and Kidnap flopped...I thought he was decent in DB but the other guys did overshadow him.

I think he needs to reevaluate his career choices again. He is the weakest Gen X male star by a landslide. Shahid, Ranveer, Ranbir are miles ahead. Shahid and Ranveer both stuck to romance as well but they have the acting talent that Immu lacks..He has a VB film coming up..if even VB can't get him to act, then I dunno what to say...πŸ˜• But I still don't think he's going anywhere...he's mamujaan's bhatija naa..mamujaan will bail him out.

I agree he is the weakest. But he is better looking than all the other actors.. one thing i don't like about him is his hair, romantic hero ke baal toh acche honey hi chahiye..lol. When i was watching MBKD.. mujhe laga ki Ali zafar ke baal agar immu ke paas hotey toh he would have looked hotter..lol And ali zafar also.. kitni overacting kari MBKD mein...

Back to the topic.. Ranveer seems most natural in romance out of all the new actors.. but i am not too sure about his looks... like raja sen mocked him in the ricky bahl review.. that he is miles behind SRK.. OR something! Ranbir also sometimes he seems expressionless. I always used to mock shahid that he copies SRK.. but he acted decently in the punjab part of mausam.. shahid is better than ranbir and imran at romance. Ranveer and shahid are better romantic heros out of the current lot.
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Agree... He does suck at romantic roles... Few weeks back i was watching IHLS... This scene where he proposes to Sonam where he is wearing red and he kneels down...

How hilarious was that scene...πŸ˜†
SRK would have taken that scene to a different level... None of these newbies can beat SRK when it comes to romantic roles... I mean the SRK of 5 years back...

Edited by -Maddy- - 12 years ago
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
He does...JTYJN was great but he's getting very repetitive...I mean I liked him as a villain in Kidnap but I wish he'd experiment...I haven't seen Delhi Belly yet...but he makes me laugh when he raises his eyebrows a lotπŸ˜†
Originally posted by: IwasaXXXstar

Imran will bite the dust soon just like his female counterpart Sonam. 

If he does not bite the dust, he will be relegated to the Tushar Kapoor, Sikandhar Kher status...πŸ₯±

He has 4 hits but some people's flops are better than his hits. πŸ˜† Sonam toh... she doesn't even have hits.. and there isn't even one performance where she stole the show.
I've only watched his JTYJN and really liked him! and then I watched IHLS ( for 10 minutes) and I was like whoa, never watching any movie of his again. and I didnt.