Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
eating kurkure...i am lovin it..lol
Sujal.Kashish thumbnail

I  don't want to associate myself with Edward Cullen : Vivian D'Sena😳

Vivian D'Sena

His striking resemblance to Robert Pattison has been in the news for quite some time now. Vivian D'sena who is all set to essay Abhay in Ekta Kapoor's Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahaani that goes on air tonight told TellyChakkar that he feels privileged to be compared to American actors. Vivian discusses this and much more with us'Excerpts from an interview.

Are you media shy?
No, I am not at all media shy.

How is Vivian in real life?
I am not a fake. I know many actors who are.

Tell us a bit about your background'
I started off with modelling. I did many shows, walked the ramp for Vikram Phadnis, Shiamak Davar. I did a lot of commercials for top brands. One day a friend told me to go for an audition for a daily soap. I gave an audition for Balaji and started with Kasamh Se as Vicky Walia. Then I did Ganga on Colors. I badly wanted to work with Balaji again.

With due respect to models, do you agree with the statement, 'models can't act'? 
Some models can't act! Some supermodels are bad actors but time and again I have been saying that everything in this world starts with a scratch. You start your life as a plain canvas and paint on it as you move forward. You get to learn things slowly like in my case. I didn't know much about acting when I started out but am slowly improving.

How do you cope up with the rumours about your resemblance with the character of Edward Cullen in the Twilight series?
(Laughs)Actually, people say we look a little similar. I have changed a lot sinceKasamh Se and many people did not recognize me in Ganga. Fans keep messaging me on Facebook about my resemblance to Edward. You cannot compare like that.

But does that mean more responsibility?
Actually it does. I believe in myself and God. I don't want to associate myself with Edward; I just want to be myself.

You started out very young with Kasamh Se?
Yes, I did. People still don't believe I am 22. I started off at 19. I have learnt a lot of things.

Do you think we are in that phase of TV where it's not just about a few actors doing all the roles?
Exactly! TV medium has become larger with each passing day. Several channels are in the fray now and there is a lot of competition. However there are a lot of technicians and people who work behind the camera and who work much more than us, they work harder than us. We are nothing in front of them.

What do you like to do besides acting?
I am a footballer basically. I am a National level football player and I have played 23 all India tournaments at the toughest position for the team.

Tell us about your look in the show'
This guy likes to wear black and in the initial episodes you will see him wearing only black. As the show progresses, you will see him wear different colours.

How is it working with Ekta?
If your boss is expecting something from you then she has to be tough. She has showed a lot of faith in me and given me the show so she has to behave in that manner. If I have a son and I expect him to get 90 per cent I will be tough with him. It's a normal trait.

Tell us a bit about your co-star Sukriti Khandpal?
Sukriti is a wonderful co-actor to work with. We met for the first time during the promo shoot but we barely spoke. We later realized we have a common friend and it's been a good working relationship.

Are you trying to promote the show on social networking sites?
Every day, I get friend requests and I do comment on my show. It's official now.

Any inspiration in real life?
Salman Khan inspires me. I started my career because of him. He is my inspiration for my muscular body.

Salman's hosting Bigg Boss so do you follow the show as well?
Yes, I do follow it.

Who are your favourites from the BB house?
I know Hrishant (Goswami) because we have worked together.

Do you plan to go back to your modeling career or you want to continue with acting? 
I keep modeling now as well. I am the model for a popular retail brand. People keep calling me up for work. I recently shot for a popular car brand.

What are you currently watching on TV?
Discovery Channel and National Geographic (laughs). I watch a few shows to keep a tab on my competition. I watch Geet, Dill Mill Gayye and Miley Jab Hum Tum. I know Arjun very well.

Geet is the no 1 show on Star One. Do you think your show can beat them in the ratings?
I can't answer this question. You never know about shows. For instance, the Yash Raj shows were fantastically shot but they did not work with the audiences. So you really can't predict what the audience likes. But am sure of the fact that people will like my show.

Are you superstitious by nature?
At times, yes. But I haven't done anything for the show. People don't believe me but I do puja everyday. My father's a Catholic and my mother is a Hindu. I have prayed to Lord Shiva.

Have you seen any of the existing Vampire series?
I have seen Twilight because I wanted to see what the traits of a vampire are, in case I get a role in future... This was when people started comparing me with Edward. I like Robert Pattison's role and his look a lot.

Even though you never admit but everyone knows the show is inspired byTwilight, do you think it will be accepted by the Indian audiences?
That's what I said earlier that you never know! We are confident that our show will be a hit but you never know because you cannot judge and predict. Again it's not a copy but is inspired by Twilight. Comparisons happen when it's a copy. Twilight is a three-hour-long film with several characters, ours isn't. We hardly have six to seven characters in the show.

Sujal.Kashish thumbnail

What is Sukriti Khandpal watching on the small screen?😳

Sukriti Khandpal

Which daily soap you watch?
Mostly I watch Uttaranand if I return home early then I also try to catch up with my own show Agle janam.. These days I am enjoying Khatron ke khiladi.

Which channel you watch frequently?
Star Movies

Which is your favourite TV channel?
Warner Brothers

Which is your favourite reality show?
Bigg Boss

Which is the best comedy show I have enjoyed on Indian television?
Comedy Circus

Sujal.Kashish thumbnail
Vivian D'Sena

lhe used 2 hav a sexy jawline...
Sujal.Kashish thumbnail
I hate u like i love u - abhlya
Sujal.Kashish thumbnail
i am wonderin shuld i change my dabba or not..??
Sujal.Kashish thumbnail
i really hate spammin alone...nd i am very bad at it 2..
Sujal.Kashish thumbnail
howz ur holiday goin...??
.Shiva. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
it is ok but i just got sick, my head is hurting like hell and i am so weak

how is your holiday?
pyar-ishk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4