Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/ :: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev- Article Archive :: \|/ (Page 76)

Proud-India IF-Sizzlerz
Proud-India
Proud-India

Posted: 21 November 2013 at 6:23am | IP Logged
TongueTongue

"I am happy with my single status!" - Jaya Bhattacharya

Happy with her current state of mind, Jaya is surprised by the mindset of people around her.

Please comment in it
Link - "I am happy with my single status!" - Jaya Bhattacharya

Jaya Bhattacharya who is currently seen as Maham Anga in Bharat Ka Veer Putra - Maharana Pratap and as Diti in Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev is a happy go lucky lady in real life. 

Busy with her work, Jaya is so happy with her life that she is enjoying her single status too. Saying that she is waiting for the right man to come in her life Jays says, "If I get someone who is thoughtful, understanding, has good manners and upbringing and who can be my friend too, I am willing to get married. However, this does not mean that I am looking around. In fact I am happy with my single status."

However, her single status also became a nuisance for her says Jaya, "After my breakup few years back, I was surprised that some of my male friends tried to pursue me. I was completely shocked with the mindset of such people who cannot accept the fact that a woman can stay alone and be happy. It was a major setback for me."

Jaya is known for being her true self all the time and her tough attitude helped her sail smoothly through this too. So, what message does she have for such people? "Don't mess with me or harass me!" 

An animal activist and dog lover in real life, Jaya has two dogs keeping her company all the time and she says they also act as her bodyguard, "If anyone tries to act funny or come close to me unnecessarily I will order my dogs on them."

A no-nonsense person that Jaya is, remember when she says that, she definitely means it, so mind it!

Proud-India IF-Sizzlerz
Proud-India
Proud-India

Posted: 21 November 2013 at 6:46am | IP Logged
Sudesh Berry takes a leap of faith [ Last seen as Malla- Mani in Mahadev ]

Sudesh Berry in a still from TV show Mahabharat.
Putting passion before precaution is not always a great idea, and actor Sudesh Berry learnt this the hard way during the shoot of his TV show.

The actor was shooting for a war sequence at Umargaon, Gujarat, and hurt himself while attempting a risky stunt.

Sudesh, who plays
Draupadi's father, Drupad, in the mythological show, recounts, "The sequence demanded that I jump off an elephant. I had the option of doing it with a harness, but I felt that would take away from the authenticity of the scene. So I chose to attempt it without any safety precautions. But I landed badly and hurt my leg. My ankle is injured."

He has sustained a ligament tear and is unable to walk. The actor adds that he was warned by his co-actors to not attempt risky stunts. "I've learnt my lesson. I usually don't do stunts due to my age, but I did this one because of my passion, and friendship with (producer) Siddharth
OtakuGirl-Debo IF-Sizzlerz
OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 22 November 2013 at 3:16am | IP Logged

'Arjun' Shaheer Sheikh to beat Mohit Raina, the hottest on-screen God?

IBNLive.com
Nov 21, 2013 at 01:03pm IST

New Delhi: Roping in men with toned bodies in both mythological shows and grand epics is in vogue. So when TV actor Shaheer Sheikh, who plays Arjun in 'Mahabharat', was introduced in the show last night, the net exploded within seconds, understandably so.

"Oh boy but he looks so good as #ArjunOnMahabharat :D :D :D :D Can't wait to see him from tommorow" said one post, about new-age Arjun. Twitter user Jia Sharma was so impressed by his act that she expressed her desire to see him in Bollywood on the microblogging site. She took to Twitter to appreciate his stroke of luck at being cast for the key role. "#ShaheerAsArjun is good, but I wish you soon enter #Bollywood like Sushant Singh Rajput! I am stuck seeing Kapoor & Khans!" her tweet read. Asha Purna, another Twitter user, echoed the same sentiment when she posted, "#ShaheerAsArjun A big shoutout "YES"..This guy looks so friggin' HANDSOME in that costume & attitude! I could just drool on him all day! ;)."

The fact that Mohit Raina, who essays the role of Lord Shiva in the mythological serial 'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev' has become the nation's heart-throb, and Himanshu Soni is grabbing everyone's attention for his on-screen role of Buddha, Shaheer is expected to be pitted against other on-screen Gods and warriors, and do virtually everything that helps him become India's sex symbol.

Will 'Arjun' Shaheer Sheikh outperform Mohit Raina, the hottest on-screen God?

Will the popularity of the character help Shaheer leave a lasting impact on his fans?

Shaheer, who was born in Jammu and went to Pune to study law, was neither comfortable with the idea of rising early nor enthused about hitting the gym. But to do justice to his role of Arjun, he had to forego his so-called comfortable life and decipher the reliable way to get rippling abs for the show. According to one of his recent interviews, the actor has not only been paying acute attention to his diet, but also been taking his workout sessions, which helped him exercise his core muscles. Since his 'dhanush' is seven feet long, he had to be physically fit to carry it with ease and precise body posture. Since the show was delayed for about a year, it gave him enough time to prepare for the role and learn horse riding, sword fighting and archery.

While it is too early for us to decide if he will take the bar up by flaunting a chiseled body and emerge as the most appealing warrior on TV, it is a fact that the actor was recently mobbed in Jaipur while shooting for the show. And the Twitter reactions validate the support he has earned from his fans. Read on...

Maddy @happyquoka: So shaheer sheikh too is a TV actor trending on top. Few TV actors certainly have bigger following, then b-line Bollywood heroes

Utkarsh Dayal @im_utkarsh:

So Shaheer Shaikh has been cast as the SELF STYLED HERO-Arjun or THE BIGGEST LOSER of Mahabharat !

sajni @Sajni_T: @Shaheer_S http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MODlV8WWb4w ... pandav kumar #Arjun woohooo cant wait for monday feels so good finally ur back :D :D #mahabharat

Dramas and Dreams @TVwithDD: The casting and acting of grown versions of princes in #mahabharat will now decide wether this series will be a milestone fr mytho or not

Bimal deep @Bimal_deep: Welcome @Shaheer_S Waiting 4 Grand entry #ShaheerAsArjun #ArjunOnMahabharat. Sooo Excited. Lots of Love Love Love Love Love :)

Jia Sharma @JiaSharmaRockz: #ShaheerAsArjun is good, but I wish you soon enter #Bollywood like Sushant Singh Rajput! I am stuck seeing Kapoor & Khans!

Vishal @JZ_98221: #ShaheerAsArjun Trending means ppl do watch #Mahabharat :)

razzy mi$$y ^_ @Ashapurnaa_VD: #ShaheerAsArjun A big shoutout "YES"..This guy looks so friggin' HANDSOME in that costume & attitude! I could just drool on him all day! ;)

Mansi tripathi @TripathiMansi: @Shaheer_S #ShaheerAsArjun is ruling the hoardings in my city!! U look really dashing!!

Akshaya Nagarajan @Naks1996: @StarPlus Excited to see Shaheer as Arjun...The last time i saw him, he was Vir Mehra in Kya Mast Hai Life #ShaheerAsArjun #Mahabharat

http://ibnlive.in.com/news//will-arjun-shaheer-sheikh-outperform-mohit-raina-the-hottest-onscreen-god/435380-44.html

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Proud-India

kaatayani IF-Rockerz
kaatayani
kaatayani

Posted: 22 November 2013 at 11:21am | IP Logged
#SaheerASArjun trended at top in the early hours of the morning uptill 10 AM only..!!
BTW he is also frm Jammu..!! wow..!! bt then thr's no comparison between the 2.. i mean Arjun and Mahadev..! cummon..ppl r really nuts
Proud-India IF-Sizzlerz
Proud-India
Proud-India

Posted: 25 November 2013 at 6:13am | IP Logged

Anjali Abrol to make a comeback on TV!!

Anjali Abrol famously known as Rani from Star Plus show, Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat is keen on doing TV. She talks to TellyBuzz about her professional and personal life plans in detail.

Anjali Abrol who was last seen in Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev essaying the role of goddess Meenakshi is planning for her fresh innings on small screen. The actress who has had a film release 'Singh Saab the Great' essays the role of Sunny Deol's sister Simran.

Talking about doing TV shows, Anjali says, "There are two daily shows in my kitty; one from Like OK channel and another from Sony TV. I'm yet to finalize which one to take. Also there are films which are in the pipeline. So let's see what I choose."

For Anjali it doesn't matter whether she gets to work in TV or Films, "The medium is not a problem for me. Wherever I get a meaty role, I'll opt for that show or film. Even the TV offer that I got is of an independent girl of today's world who also takes care of her family. It's not a typical bahu's role. It's just that I'm taking my own time to nail down the best project. Even for films I want a performance oriented role and not the one where I'm shown as a showpiece."

Anjali's fans have been waiting for long to see her on TV and many will be happy to see her back, "I know I've made them wait for a long period but they do know me. Whenever I take work, it has to be the best and I'm sure they'll not mind waiting little longer too if they want me to do good work," she says.

Coming to her debut with Sunny paaji's film, she explains, "It was a good experience to work with Sunnyji. He's a very down to earth and shy person. Also he did like my work in the film and has conveyed this to me personally. I hope to work with him again."

We ask her whether there are any changes on the personal front? "Now I'm able to take out time for myself and my family which is great. Earlier when I was doing TV, it was just my work but now I'm able to balance both personal and professional life," she quips.

Finally we all would want to know her relationship status? "Well currently, I just want to focus on my career and myself. I don't have time for Ishq, love or mohabbat. Though I have a huge crush on Sunny Deol but ahhh... he's like my brother," she giggles. "When love has to happen, it will. There is no particular time specified for it. The day it happens with me I'll let you know," she concludes.

Well Anjali, we wish to see you on-screen soon.
Proud-India IF-Sizzlerz
Proud-India
Proud-India

Posted: 25 November 2013 at 7:26am | IP Logged
I feel TV shows should be low-key: Ekta Kapoor

Mumbai, November 25, 2013

Ekta Kapoor (AFP Photo)
Ekta Kapoor is almost always in the news " either for her TV shows or her films.

Having delivered many hit soaps over the past decade, her success in the TV industry has been unrivalled. But it has also earned her brickbats, mostly owing to the conservative domestic settings of her shows.

But the TV producer couldn't be bothered. The latest is that she is basing one of her upcoming shows, Ye Hai Mohabattein , on a book.

We talk to her about this and more.

Do you think that it is because of you that your shows usually make news?
I've no idea. It's the shows that make me, not vice versa. I feel TV shows should be low-key. Too much talk ruins prospects. I get very paranoid when there is too much talk about my shows.

You bought the rights to Manju Kapur's book, Custody, for your new show, but will not be following the entire story. Why is that?
You have to give credit to your inspiration. I've admired Manjuji for years. She's a fabulous-but-underrated writer. I have made dramatic changes in characterisations but kept the story intact.

Cezanne Khan was supposed to make his comeback with this show. What went wrong?
The dates kept changing and he wanted to go to America when we were about to start the show, so we had to part ways. Cezanne is a brilliant actor. I wish him well.

Why haven't you made shows that have a rural setting?
I have Bandini and Bairi Piya. But I am more comfortable with urban stories. I don't get it (rural settings) and I don't want to do a show that is synthetic. Such shows are usually based on stories that are hearsay as most people don't know the characters or haven't seen them in real life. Maybe it might work for a writer from a small town, but not me.

Your other show, Jodha Akbar, created news when 90 crew members walked out. Lead actor Rajat Tokas's attitude too has kept it in the news.
(Smiles) He's a young boy and I think we should give him some time. He doesn't have the best social skills due to which he gets misunderstood. As far as 90 people leaving the show goes, it was a crucial decision for us to let them go rather than get bullied.

Buzz is that Bade Achche... will go off air. Is that true?
No, that's not true.

Filmstars are acting on TV " be it Anil Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan or even Jaya Bachchan. Will we see you casting a known film actor in any of your shows?
If there is a show where a film star will fit, then maybe. But I don't think film stars will work on TV because here, only characters work. If they manage to create a symbiotic relationship with the audiences via a character, then why not?

Quick Five

A question you have been asked numerous times?
What do you prefer " TV or films?' I am asked this all the time.

A question you don't like to answer?
When will you get married?"

Which shows do you like on TV currently?
Mahadev is very popular and I know many people who love it. My mom is a Balika Vadhu fan and my brother watches Bigg Boss.

An actor who you feel is popular?
Ram Kapoor and Sakshi Tanwar. I feel Kapil (Sharma) is also very successful. He is an actor more than a character. 

What topics would you like TV shows to touch upon?
Social norms like acceptance of women in different roles. The pressure of becoming a mother on a married woman is immense.  These are the issues we have dealt with in YHM.
- See more at: http://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainment/television/i-feel-tv-shows-should-be-low-key-ekta-kapoor/article1-1155406.aspx#sthash.KdKzZK4w.dpuf

Edited by Proud-India - 25 November 2013 at 7:22am

kaatayani

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 28 November 2013 at 5:20am | IP Logged

Rahul Dev approached for 'Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev'

Richa Shukla,TNN | Nov 28, 2013, 12.08 AM IST

After playing the baddie in a number of films,Rahul Dev is television-bound. The model turned actor has been offered the role of the demon Arunasur in the mythological TV series Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev.

The same role was earlier offered to actorsMithun Chakraborty and Danny Denzongpa. Rahul is contemplating on making his debut on the small screen. He said, "Yes, I have been offered an important role on the show. But I am still thinking about it. There are various reasons for it. Firstly, I have other commitments. Secondly, my son is studying in Delhi, and being a single parent, I keep traveling between Delhi and Mumbai. So that takes up a lot of my time. Working in a daily soap demands regular shoots with long and tiring working hours."

Having worked in Hindi, Punjabi and South films, Rahul has no qualms about working on television now. "There is no small screen or big screen. In fact, television is a huge medium attracting viewers from every segment of the society," he says.

Though it would be a mythological character, Rahul does not find portraying such characters difficult. "I have already played such roles, including a historical character Bheema in the Shah Rukh Khan-Kareena Kapoor starrer Asoka," he adds.

Proud-India

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 28 November 2013 at 11:47pm | IP Logged

Rahul Dev in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev

Chaya Unnikrishnan

After tossing various names including Danny Dengzonpa, Jackie Shroff and Mithun Chakraborty for the pivotal role of Arunasur in Devon Ka Dev Mahadev, Rahul Dev has been confirmed. Sources say that Rahul, who has played a villain in South and Punjabi films, fits the role of the demon who took on Lord Shiva. Arunasur is said to be a complex character hailing from Arunachal Pradesh. "Rahul who is tall and fit is apt for the edgy role. It will also be the first time he will be doing a TV show," says the source. The track will be on air for three months. Danny who had been approached for the role apparently plans his schedule well in advance and though he liked the role couldn't take it up as he had scheduled a trip to Shillong.
Chaya Unnikrishnan 

Published Date:  Nov 29, 2013

DNA, Mumbai

Proud-India

Go to top