Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/ :: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev- Article Archive :: \|/ (Page 71)

OtakuGirl-Debo IF-Sizzlerz
OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 09 October 2013 at 1:58am | IP Logged

Devon Ke Dev Mahadev to go off air in December?

Vijaya Tiwari & Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Oct 9, 2013, 12.50 PM IST

All good things comes to an end for a new beginning.

If sources are to be believed than the time has come for Mahadev to bid adieu. Yes! We are talking about Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev. The show ruled millions of hearts over a year.

Undoubtedly the show, produced by Triangle Film Company has set a bench mark in Indian Television with its larger than life narration and visuals. It can be also said that Mahadev has given a new horizon to small screen.

"Mahadev will probably go off air in the month of December. Earlier the makers were contemplating on the closure of the show. However, with constant dipping TVTs and no attractive story to narrate it has been decided that the show will be pulled off air by end of 2013.," said a source.

We too hear that Mahadev's time slot will be given to producer Nikhil Sinha as the maker is all set to bring in another show apart fromGanesh Leela and Hatimwhich are bi-weekly.

Mahadev is on air since Life OK's conception and it will definitely be painful for the channel and the makers to bid adieu to their child. But as said by Ajit Thakur in an interview, that if any of the Life OK show goes off air but still has a huge fan following, it will be brought back on public demand.

Now that we are talking about Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev, we cannot forget Mohit Raina, the face behind Mahadev. The actor with his convincing performance has created a huge fan list for the show.

When contacted, Nikhil Sinha, the producer of Mahadev, said, " That's not true. The show was going through a dip few months a ago. But now Mahadev is back in action and hope it rules for another one year."

But that's not the end for Triangle Film Company and Life OK as they both will continue to treat their loyal audiences with an aspiring show, 'Hatim'.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Proud-India

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 09 October 2013 at 3:22am | IP Logged

Dusshera Special Maha Episode Of Devon Ke Dev Mahadev

It's Seems  That Life OK's  Popular Show Mahadev Is Going In The Fast Forward Mode, It Was Not A Month Ago That Ramayan Track Was Started In The Show But Ramayan Track Couldn't Do Well In The TRP Chart So The Maker Had To Change Their Plan & Sidelined The Track & Continue With Mahadev (Shiv Story) Track..

If We Talk About The Viewers They Might have Forgotten About The Ramayan Track Which Was Supposed To Run In A Parallel Manner But Due To Low TVT (TRP) Makers Only Run Mahadev Part & Introduce   Agori-Ma Kali Track, But This Time Also Things Doesn't Go With Mahadev As The Popular Show Continue To Dip In TVT Chart...

Now Maker Has Decided To Pull Off Ramayan Track Very Soon & They Had Choosen The Best Day -Dusshera , In This Dusshera Mahadev Will Have It's Dusshera Special Maha Episode On 13th Of October Where Lord Ram Will Kill Ravan... Although In The Main Story Line Ram along with Sita and Lakshman leaves Ayodhya and goes into exile for 14 Years  & Than Agori-Kaali Track Was Introduce ,Which Will End On 11th October.So Just  In 13th October They Will Show Ravan Wadh As A Dusshera Special Maha Episode.

But There Are Also The News Spreading Around That Due To Deeping TVT The Show Might Face Axed This Year...

http://tellynewsindia.wordpress.com/2013/10/09/dusshera-special-maha-episode-of-devon-ke-dev-mahadev/

Proud-India

Proud-India IF-Sizzlerz
Proud-India
Proud-India

Posted: 11 October 2013 at 10:28pm | IP Logged

Mohit Raina: Mallika Sherawat? No Thanks!

Subhash K Jha

Indian television's most popular resident-deity Mohit Raina is amused and a bit exasperated by reports that he was expected to join Mallika Sherawat as one of her prospective husbands on her show The Bachelorette India. Mohit vehemently denies any ambitions of holding a spousal status in Ms Sherawat's life. "No, not true at all. There was never any question of my being on this show. How could I do something of that sort when I have my Mahadev's image to uphold? It sounds like a PR exercise. Till Mahadev is there in my life I won't be attempting anything else. I am not looking for a change of image."
As for this screen Shiva finding a real-life Parvati, Mohit shrugs. "I am still single. I guess no one wants to be with God. As soon as I revert to being a human being I think it will be easier for me to find a soul-mate. Or else I'd have to find a Goddess soon." Mohit's hands are full with playing Lord Shiva on his very popular show Devon Ke Dev Mahadev which has been on air for two years and shows no signs of wrapping up. The actor is very careful about his public conduct. "I've been given a role and a responsibility. It is good to be recognised as the face of Mahadev among people, so much so that when another mythological serial Mahabharat went on air they insisted that I play Mahadev in the serial for a day. I guess they couldn't imagine anyone else playing the role. They didn't want to take a chance. But no more Shiva roles for me, thank you." Mohit reveals he wanted to play Karan in Mahabharat. "But they didn't let me. They said I've to play Mahadev's role. I happily agreed. I've Mahadev's blessing."
Lately, Mohit feels a change in the way audiences perceive him. "To an extent people have now begun to see that I am not Lord Shiva. That I am an actor playing the role with sincerity and conviction. This happened because of a negative character born out of Shiva in the story. This character gave my image a more human angle. People saw there was a lot of acting skills involved. Earlier they used to fall at my feet as though I was God. Now they feel I play God effectively, which to me is a more satisfying perception than the blind idolisation I encountered earlier."
" Subhash K Jha

Published Date:  Oct 12, 2013

Proud-India IF-Sizzlerz
Proud-India
Proud-India

Jammu Dairy 
Life OK's Mohit Raina in Jammu on Oct 20

Jammu Oct 10
Famous Television Star Mohit Raina (Devon Ke Dev Mahadev of Life OK) is going to be a part of programme being organised by Indian Council for Cultural Relations, Jammu on 20th of October, 2013 at General Zorawar Singh Auditorium, University of Jammu. 
This was disclosed here today by Balwant Thakur, Regional Director, ICCR, Jammu in a press briefing which was held at the ICCR's regional office. Giving details of the programme, Balwant Thakur said the ICCR in association with Maharaja Gulab Singh Memorial Trust is organising a programme to celebrate the birth anniversary of Maharaja Gulab Singh. Dr. Karan Singh, President Indian Council for Cultural Relations will preside over the programme. In addition to the appearance of the famous Television Star Mohit Raina on stage who is being conferred the Maharaja Gulab Singh Memorial Award-2013, a musical play (Opera) on the life of Maharaja Gulab Singh will also be staged on the occasion. Being performed by the professional artists, this is going to be for the first time that a play is being presented to mark the 221 Birth day Celebrations of Maharaja Gulab Singh. The entry to the function will be through Invitation cards and Balwant Thakur advised that all those interested may collect Invitation Cards from the office of ICCR, Jammu. For more details the interested may contact ICCR Jammu- 0191-2555736.
Through the presentation of the musical play with over fifty performers on stage an effort is being made to educate the younger generation about one of the few historical legacies the India could genuinely proud of i.e., Maharaja Gulab Singh whose sagacity, achievements and contributions unfortunately remained buried in the debris of British and Indian archives.Read More

http://youngbites.in/newsdet.aspx?q=60114
Proud-India IF-Sizzlerz
Proud-India
Proud-India

Lagaan actor to enter Devon Ke Dev Mahadev

Lagaan actor to enter Devon Ke Dev Mahadev
Rajesh Vivek
Traingle Film Company's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev on Life OK is back to the number one position on the channel with impressive TVT numbers and with this it's time to welcome yet another interesting character on the show.

After Sudesh Berry's double role avatar, the show will now witness the entry of 'Lagaan' fame actor Rajesh Vivek.

Sources inform that Rajesh Vivek who has done many Bollywood films like Lagaan, Swades, Jodha Akbar will be seen in the role of Yelokoti. He will be seen sporting the same look that he had in the Oscar nominated film 'Lagaan'.

When contacted, Rajesh Vivek remained unavailable for comments.
OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 12 October 2013 at 3:16am | IP Logged

Epics back on the box

PRIYANKA SRIVASTAVA   |   MAIL TODAY  |   NEW DELHI, SEPTEMBER 18, 2013 | UPDATED 12:00 IST
Lavish sets, designer outfits, brightly lit sequences and stateof- the- art backdrops are suddenly all over the small screen with the advent of a slew of mythological and historical shows. The spate of high- budget TV shows is an indication of the increasing competition between channels, which is what has prompted the re- introduction of these genres.

Star Plus' extravagant presentation Mahabharat , launched on Monday, is an indication that the Indian television is ready for a leap. Touted as India's most expensive show reportedly made on a budget of Rs.100 crore, the new Mahabharat has elevated the overall production scenario of TV.The stupendous response to Devon Ka Dev Mahadev , based on the life of Lord Shiva, on Life OK was a precursor of the trend, leading to the rise in mythological shows on primetime.

The recently concluded Ramayan was aired simultaneously on Zee TV and Doordarshan. The show received wide response from the audience. Zee launched shows based two prominent historical characters - Jodha Akbar and Buddha - even as Maharana Pratap based on the life of the Rajput warrior king continues to be one of the big- ticket shows on Sony.

"History and mythology need to be retold, especially at a time when the society is going through social and political changes," said Nikhil Madhok, senior vice-president (marketing), Star India.

"The new-age youth draws inspiration from icons showed in films and on TV. They would learn more about history, religion and beliefs through such shows," said B. K. Modi, chairman, Spice Group, and producer of Buddha. Grand sets, use of VFX technology and stunning locations are other reasons that have hooked the audience to these shows. The new-age mythological shows mark a clear departure from Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan and B. R. Chopra's Mahabharat that became superhits in the '80s.

Grand backdrops and use of VFX technology keep audiences glued to new mythological shows

Buddha
Created by: Spice Studios; the show aims at depicting unexplored aspects of Gautam Buddha's life.
TRP: Awaited
Quick check : The 52- episode saga is shot in opulent sets erected on a five- acre plot and stars Kabir Bedi, Sameer Dharmadhikari and Nigaar Khan. State- ofthe- art 3D graphics have been used to recreate the look of a bygone era. The show got marred by controversy when people from Nepal alleged that incorrect information was being being shown on the programme. Hours after the show went on air, it was blacked out in Nepal because it showed Kapilavastu, Buddha's birthplace, as located in India. It is expected to appeal to Buddhists across the world.

Amit Behl and Nigaar Khan star in Buddha.

Jodha Akbar
Created by : Ekta Kapoor; based on research by Dr Bodhisattva.
TRP: Awaited
Quick check : The megabudget show based on the love story of Mughal emperor Akbar and Rajput princess Jodha has Rajat Tokas and Paridhi Sharma playing the title roles. The show got embroiled in controversy after Rajput Karini Sena and Akhil Bharatiya Kshatriya Mahasabha raised objections over what they alleged were incorrect depiction of facts. According to the protesters, no princess by the name of Jodha ever existed in Rajasthan as there is no historical evidence for it. Despite protests, the show continues to enjoy good viewership.

Mahabharat
Created by : Swastik Production; reportedly made on a budget ofRs.100 crore
TRP : Awaited
Quick check : The first episode of the show aired on Monday primetime gave a fair idea of the extravagant affair in store. B. R. Chopra made the original version of the epic for TV in the late ' 80s. Later, Ekta Kapoor tried giving it a contemporary twist without much success. The latest edition of Mahabharat will have abundant use of VFX, extravagant sets and modern narrative to appeal to the modern youth.

Oscar- winning Bhanu Athaiya has created the beautiful outfits while Omung Kumar has worked on the sets. The lead cast includes Sameer Dharmadhikari, Sayantani Ghosh, Puja Sharma, Ratan Rajput and Saurabh Jain ( in photo).

Devon Ka Dev Mahadev
Created by : Nikhil Sinha, who has also opted for dubbed versions in Tamil, Malayalam, Oriya and Telugu
TRP : Peaked at 8.2
Quick check: Based on research by mythologist Devdutt Pattanaik and scripted by Utkarsh Naithani and Mihir Bhuta, this show at one point received TRP as high as 8.2. It is one of the longest running mythological shows in recent times with 417 episodes aired so far. Kashmiri actor Mohit Raina, who plays Lord Shiva, became an overnight star. In each episode, it presents lesser- known facts on religion and spirituality that the research team unearths from rare scriptures.

Bharat Ka Veer Putra: Maharana Pratap
Created by : Abhimanyu Singh; series introduced by Amitabh Bachchan.
TRPs : Around 3.1- 3.5
Quick check : The show is about the courageous Rajput warrior king Maharana Pratap. Child artiste Faisal Khan, a former Dance India Dance winner who essays the role of the young prince, has been one of the prime reason for the show's popularity.

The serial got embroiled in controversy when sections of the Rajput community dubbed it misleading and found it to be politically motivated historical revisionism with little relevance.

the other articles are too long.. hence posting the links below

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 13 October 2013 at 3:17am | IP Logged

What turns soap stars into crowd pullers, reveal organisers

Saloni Bhatia, TNN | Oct 13, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
More
A
A
What turns soap stars into crowd pullers, reveal organisers
Yash and Amrapali (she plays a negative role in Qubool Hai), who will next be seen on Nach Baliye, at a dandiya event
While the festive season means demanding schedules for TV actors, who have to accommodate cultural events on their usually busy to-do lists, it's not an easy task for the organizers as well, who don't just have to ensure that the planning is immaculate, they also have to keep in mind that the celebs they invite are crowd pullers to the venue. We ask some organizers, who talk about the guidelines they follow when they call a TV personality for the various dandiya nights in the vicinity.

Actors in demand
When the organizers approach these stars, the popularity quotient of the actors is a huge factor. Says Minesh Ashokbhai Patel, an event organizer based in Baroda, "Known faces are always in demand. Almost all the actors from Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, Tina Dutta (of Uttaran fame) and Hina Khan (the protagonist in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai) are hugely popular. The process of approaching TV celebs starts two-three months in advance as the actors have to manage their shooting schedules along with these appearances." Also, the industry insiders say that TV actors are affordable as compared to film stars and can easily be roped in within a price bracket of 1-3 to 5 lakh. Pranav Soni, owner of events management company in Indore says, "TV artistes help draw families. There is a huge demand for Mohit Raina-Puja Banerjee (the Mahadev couple) and Taarak Mehta's starcast during these nine days." 
Female actors call for extra attention
It's the female actors who rake in the moolah during these festivities. "People connect more with female actors as they see them on screen in a traditional avatar and they feel happy to see them in person. The male actors we try to bring have to have a huge female fan following like Mohit Raina ( Devon Ke Dev Mahadev), Vivian Dsena ( Madhubala)," saysPraveen Mehta, a Jodhpur-based event manager.

What are they expected to do
These actors usually stay for an hour at the pandals and mingle with people. "Most of the dandiya parties are ticketed. These actors make an appearance for an hour or so during which they play dandiya with the guests, chat with people and wave to the crowd," informs Manoj Chaudhary, an event planner from Mehsana near Ahmedabad.

Character names used to popularise events
To promote these shows, the organizers cash in on the TV actors' popularity by using their screen names rather than their real names. Says Praveen, "Usually, the reel names of these actors have an instant connect with the visitors. So it becomes easier for us to generate hype around the event."

Proud-India

Proud-India IF-Sizzlerz
Proud-India
Proud-India

Posted: 16 October 2013 at 1:39am | IP Logged

God role kills career?

TongueWink
God role kills career?
Nitish Bharadwaj as Krishna

Remember the late 80s, when shows like Mahabharat and Ramayan took over the small screen - with fans worshipping the TV screen each time Ram appeared or when Krishna motivated Arjun in the battlefield? It is no secret that actors playing divine characters usually attain a 'God-like' status for viewers. However, when these actors let go off their on-screen divinity and go for mortal roles, the same viewers find it difficult to embrace their devis and devtas' lesser, commonplace avatars. We speak to actors and industry people to understand why the on-screen God stereotype remains immortal and whether playing a divine character is a career-killing move.

People see you as god Swapnil Joshi, who played Krishna in the TV series Shri Krishna, agrees that people stereotype you, and often go too far. He'd told us earlier, "It was a different era when I played Krishna. People would consider your character to be God. I was all of 16 at that time, and people would come and touch my feet. In fact, some even brought their sick relatives to me and asked me to cure them. Many people who played mythological characters could not come out of that image. But I knew that somewhere I was only a medium for them to visualize Krishna."
Arun Govil, who is still revered as Ram by people, says, "The Ramayan I was a part of, was quite well-made. The shows at that time had high production values. Of course, as an actor, each one of us contributed, but it turned out to be quite good. People still remember me as Ram. Even now they come and touch my feet. I was recently in Jaipur and two people came and asked me, 'Are you the guy who played Ram in Ramayan?' and when I replied in the affirmative, they touched my feet. Somehow, my image as Ram is etched in people's minds. I think the benchmark set by Ram was so high that the other things which I did after that failed to surpass it. It's because the image of Ram is so strong that I wasn't offered many good roles or negative roles after the show. After that, I realised that it is of no use waiting for roles and I decided to step away. Now I am associated with social groups and am happy."

Blame the actor, not the role? While some people feel that it's the role that doesn't allow you to come out of the iconic image, others feel that it's the decisions of an actor that determine the course of their career. Nitish Bharadwaj, who played Krishna in Mahabharat, says, "When we did those shows, most of us were newcomers. Except for Mukesh (Khanna) and Puneet (Issar), all of us were new. We gave our sweat and blood to our characters and didn't care about the monetary aspects. Money and fame came as a result of our hard work. The serial became a landmark and our careers also got a big boost. While doing Mahabharat, I did Sangeet with Madhuri Dixit and Nache Nagin Gali Gali with Meenakshi Seshadri which did well. I don't feel I got typecast as Krishna, however, I would like to add that when people love you in a particular part, that role somewhere becomes your identity. In my view, we are all what we are because of our decisions. The impact of each person's decision is only known after a point of time. I was doing good films, but my own errors impacted my career. It was in 1992, just after Mahabharat, that I moved to UK. In 1996, contesting elections was another mistake. These two decisions were responsible for me not getting enough roles. Shah Rukh, Govinda, Akshay Kumar and Salman are all my contemporaries and they are quite popular in films. I lost focus and made errors but now I have decided only to focus on films - be it acting or directing them,"

Prem Sagar, creative director of the first Ramayan, who is presently involved with Jai Jai Jai Bajrangbali, echoes, "It all depends on the actor and the kind of roles he chooses. Swapnil Joshi has made a name for himself in Marathi cinema and his recent film has proved be the highest grosser in Marathi cinema. He reinvented himself after that role and is quite popular. I feel that an actor has to exercise caution in choosing the roles he does after playing the character."

Fresh faces preferred over popular ones If on-screen Gods can't be accepted in any other roles, then known faces can't be accepted as Gods either. TV serial makers preferred to cast relatively new people for such shows, so that they would look believable on screen. "The actors who were a part of such shows were new and had no particular image of their own. If you rope in daily soap actors, people aren't able to identify with them since they have seen them in a different character. Even if a known face plays a pious character, people would not be able to relate to her. Taking new people is a creative call," opines Sagar.

Go to top