\|/ :: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev- Article Archive :: \|/ - Page 38

Posted: 10 years ago

DKDM SCALES NEW HEIGHTS AGAIN!

How does one convert a casual TV viewer like me into a die-hard Mohit Raina and DKDM fan? Make everything superlative!!! Just when DKDM was degenerating into another mythological soap opera – the Jalandhar track was aired.

This is where full credit must go to the team of Mahadev and Mohit Raina for their superlative narration and portrayal of a fairly small chapter in the massive Shiva Puran. They've managed to create and weave a fantastic tale of love, deceit, power struggle of a character who can be construed as one of the complex and contradicting characters in a Mythology.

Jalandhar- who's born out of Mahadev's anger; who's an Asur; But also a great administrator and King to his subjects. It's fantastic to see how the team converted this chapter to such a well woven story line.

To say the least, my interest and fascination and love towards the series was renewed 100 fold. And to top it off the role of Jalandhar was enacted by none other than Mohit Raina himself!

The decision to cast Mohit Raina as Jalandhar was a fantastic move by the creative team. To most Mohit Raina fans this was such a treat! Talk about a kid in a candy store! He was and is such a versatile and incredibly talented actor! Acting is about insight into a character and I think this is what sets Mohit apart from his peers. He's been able to take a character and analyze it and portray it with such perfect conviction that for a moment one forgets that it's the same actor playing a dual role!

This is such a difficult task considering that the series has been going on for well over a year and is into almost 400+ episodes. I want to commend and applaud Mohit for his 100% involvement into a character and series and giving the same kind of consistent performance day in day out for well over 400+ episodes! His fans get the best of this deal as they get to enjoy his portrayal of two characters that are a complete 180 degrees apart. Its remarkable to see him swagger onto the battlefield with a smirk and sneer on his face as Jalandhar faces the Devtas and in the same scene he switches effortlessly into the character of Mahadev coming out of His Samadhi and just oozes such peace and unquantifiable love towards the whole universe that one feels as if it's the "Real Mahadev" on screen and not "Reel Mahadev" and all this mind you Wordlessly! To say that this was and is a "Dharmsankat" on who to support is an understatement. One minute the viewer is "Team Jalandhar" and the other "Team Mahadev". I've found myself swaying back and forth between the two. Arguing and defending Jalandhar's actions one minute and the next minute going back to my "Araadhya Mahadev". It has been a rollercoaster of emotions with this track and it's all thanks to the dual role that Mohit Raina plays. Would the story line garner so much popularity and attention if someone else played the part of Jalandhar? Probably not—but I'm biased towards Mohit! J

One also must and should recognize the character of Vrinda played by Neha Marda. Here I want to particularly thank writer Utkarsh Naithani for writing Vrinda and depicting her as a strong, independent, learned woman who has a career as a "Vaidya (doctor)" in a Myth series where a woman is shown to be submissive and subservient and her role particularly and specifically defined to rearing children and household chores. I'm thankful to him for beating back this stereotyping of women. It was much needed!

Coming back to Vrinda- played by Neha Marda. One must applaud her for seamlessly integrating herself into DKDM. It felt as if she was part of DKDM from almost day1. Such is the chemistry between the two actors cast as Jalandhar and Vrinda. Neha effortlessly plays the role of Vrinda so differently that her acting skills and her craft need to be praised. In her recent and final scenes as Vrinda where she confronts Narayan at his betrayal Neha does such an outstanding job. Such a scene in my experience of TV viewing has always been acted with lot of histrionics, but she delivers her grief in silence and with dignity. And manages to get even the most jaded and unemotional TV viewer to shed tears on Vrinda's behalf.

As the track draws to its conclusion I'm filled with heartbreak at Jalandhar's upcoming eventual end. Jalandhar- a character not completely white or black.. He had shades of grey pretty much like most of us do. LifeOk's DKDM continues to build around parables with the Jalandhar track focusing on how arrogance becomes the downfall of even the mightiest warrior to be ever born. And I'm hoping that the next parable Mahadev gives us will be as interesting and captivating as the Jalandhar storyline.

~Sirisha

http://everythingmohitraina.wordpress.com/2013/05/30/dkdm-scales-new-heights-again/

Mohit refuses to be the face of political party

Amrita Mulchandani, TNN | Jun 4, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

Mohit Raina, who's ruling hearts as small screen's hottest god Lord Shiva in 'Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev' was reportedly approached to be the brand ambassador of a national political party (given his huge fan following of course).

The dashing star was even toying with the idea of taking up the new role seriously, but now things seem to have fallen through by the looks of it.

When TOI got in touch with Mohit, he however refuted the rumours, "I have no plans to join politics or be the face of any political party. There is no truth to this news."

Maybe Mohit who's tasted stardom on telly is playing it safe for the time being and is content with his divine hue.

Telly News India Special: "Beauty With Brains Sonarika Bhadoria".

2 Votes

While the whole world has been all praises for Mohit Raina (Mahadev), with the recently concluded Jalandhar- Mahadev fight track, Sonarika Bhadoria (Parvati) has proved once again that she is a fine actor.   

Previously on Life OK's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, we saw Parvati (Sonarika Bhadoria) having lost her memory and her husband Lord Shiv (Mohit Raina)  trying to help her get the memory back by practicing yoga. When Jalandhar kidnapped Parvati thinking that his act will leave Mahadev bereft of his powers, little did he know that Parvati was going to be the end of him.

Sonarika, who has been very well received by the audiences as Parvati shined through this track. She says "I give it my all because I'd be stupid not to. It is such a big opportunity for me with such a great channel and each day on the sets is a learning experience!" Parvati has regained her memory now and it happened as out of anger she took upon the avatar of Aadi Shakti and that was the end of Jalandhar. "It's a very strong character and I feel blessed to play it. I am recognized as Parvati now," says the beautiful actress

Currently, Mahadev and Parvati are back in Kailash Parbat. There's a huge celebration because of Parvati. We wish much success to this beauty with brains Sonarika and hope that the celebrations continue, notwithstanding the potential obstacles in the future.

Mahadev To Bless Dashanan With 'Chandrahaas' weapon And To Name Him As "Raavan" In Devon ke Dev Mahadev.

In Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, Yesterday It Was Shown How Jalandhar survives Mahadev's attack. He becomes shocked on seeing Parvati on the battle field. Parvati recalls her memory. On seeing the same, Jalandhar realises that Mahadev can kill him.He tells Mahadev that he is proud of his decision of attacking him. Mahadev enlightens Jalandhar about Karma. He tells him that he has disgraced Shukracharya and will be responsible for his own death. Jalandhar blames him for not guiding him the right path.   

Now In Coming Episode,  Paravati remembers how Mahadev held on to her aid throughout when she had lost her memory. When Mahadev offers her a garland, she feels humble and grateful.  Shoorpankha is tensed for Dashanan after seeing him prepare for something big. Everyone prepares for a celebration on Kailash and everyone rejoices upon the arrival of Mahadev and Parvati.While everybody seeks Madadev's blessings, Dashanan prepares to transport Kailash to Lanka. On Nandi's insistence, Dashanan tries to lift the Kailash Mountain but Mahadev stops him from doing so. In due course, Dashanan gets hurt and mourns out of pain. Nandi asks him to apologize to Mahadev for his act.Mahadev is impressed by Dashanan and lifts the toe from the ground. Mahadev blesses him with 'chandrahaas' weapon and names him as Raavan.

http://tellynewsindia.wordpress.com/2013/06/04/mahadev-to-bless-dashanan-with-chandrahaas-weapon-and-to-name-him-as-raavan-in-devon-ke-dev-mahadev/

He is going places. Wonderful interview. Mohit has become the biggest star on tv with this show. He must be really pleased. 

Mumbai: So far, it has been observed that TV actors despite being highly popular on soap operas hardly make it big even as Shahrukh Khan remains an exception. However, given the escalating craze of small screen God Lord Shiva played by Mohit Raina, expectations ride high on the actor.

In the last episodes of the Life OK serial, Mohit Raina has played double role as Jalandhar and Shiva himself, other than the Shiva's part, his role as Jalandhar has been highly appreciated and buzz is that Mohit Raina has been flooded with offers from movie producers.

The acts of Mohit Raina is being compared as the performance by Shahrukh in his Television days after which he elevated to Bollywood and later became a Super star.

Everyone knows that Shahrukh is one among the very few artists in Bollywood who took the chance of playing negative roles and rendered his best shots and movies whether it was Baazigar or Darr.

(Mohit Raina is tagged as "hottest god on the small screen", thanks to his role of Lord Shiva in the mythological TV show " Devon Ka Dev - Mahadev". Happy doing the role, he has no fears of being "typecast".

"I don't feel an image can really bind an actor. In earlier times, it used to happen as there were not many channels and not so many shows. With time, people would want to see me more. I will entertain them," Mohit told IANS.

As Mahadev in the Life OK's show, his popularity has soared, but Mohit's focus is on acting, not ratings.

"I don't get into the leagues and numbers. This is my job and I will keep entertaining people. I am happy in my own space," he said.
He has been termed as the "hottest god on the small screen" by many. Commenting upon that Mohit, said: "I am playing the hottest god ever, so I didn't have to do much... I take the compliment and do my job."

His fit body certainly plays an important role in making him so popular among viewers and Mohit says that he works out "45-50 minutes everyday...I try to do some kind of physical activity everyday".

He has been part of shows like " Chehra" and " Ganga Kii Dheej", but hit the pot of gold with "Mahadev".

Describing the role as a "life time opportunity", Mohit says he does not want any break to unwind himself, and adds that "I just work to destress...I want to concentrate on the show".

"I used to plan a lot. I have stopped planning after 'Mahadev'. I want to give my best to Lord Shiva," said Mohit who wants to be part of shows with a strong storyline.

"The USP of the show is the story. So, the story has to be really strong as it gets the audience hooked. If there is a good story, I will take it up," he reasoned. 

'Mahabharata' cast finalised

While the promos of "Mahabharata" are already on air, the names of the actors for the upcoming show have only just been finalised.

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 | 3:27:58 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   48 Comments  |  2323 Views

While the promos of "Mahabharata" are already on air, the names of the actors for the upcoming show have only just been finalised.

Shaheer Sheikh, seen on the show "Navya...Naye Dhadkan Naye Sawaal", will play Arjun and Saurabh Jain, who is seen as Lord Vishnu on "Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev", has been roped in to essay Lord Krishna, said a statement from Star Plus.

Sayantani Ghosh, best known for her lead role in "Naaginn", will play Satyavati, while Ratan Rajput will be seen as princess Amba.

Rest of the cast includes Prannet Bhatt as Shakuni and Puneet Issar, who was seen as Duryodhan in "Mahabharata" that used to come on DD National in 1988, will now be seen as Parshuram.

The makers haven't decided the launch date of the show

Tarun Khanna still apprehensive about playing Ravan

Television actor Tarun Khanna, who has joined popular mythological series "Devon Ka Dev ...Mahadev" as Ravan, says he is still apprehensive about playing the epitome of evil from the epic "Ramayan".

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 | 4:15:57 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   2 Comments  |  211 Views

Television actor Tarun Khanna, who has joined popular mythological series "Devon Ka Dev ...Mahadev" as Ravan, says he is still apprehensive about playing the epitome of evil from the epic "Ramayan".

"I still have apprehensions. It is like how you play cricket - you can get out on every ball. In the same way as an actor, you have to be on your toes every time. You have to put in your 100 percent every day. Even if I am scared, I have to be able to perform my next shot to the best of my ability," he told IANS.

As far as understanding the character is concerned, Tarun read everything he could on Ravan.

He has been part of the TV industry for a decade now and has shows like "Bhabhi", "Chandragupta Maurya", and "Dhak Dhakk In Dubai" to his credit, therefore he doesn't get pressurised by the popularity of a show when he steps in them.

"I have been part of the Television industry for 10 years now. I have worked in many popular serials. It does not put too much pressure on me. I am used to these things. It doesn't matter how popular the serial is, I must feel that I can contribute to it," said the actor.

Does it get monotonous to be on TV for 10 years?

"Luckily or unluckily, I have never been part of a show for too long for it to get monotonous... hats off to those people who do it (the same thing) day in and day out," he said.

Talking about future plans, the actor said that "Mahadev" is taking up all his time.

" 'Mahadev' is seven days a week and Ravan is a pivotal character for a while now. I have told my wife that I am saying goodbye to you for a while. That is the kind of commitment a TV actor has to give to a producer. If I was doing a smaller role, then I would have thought of taking on another show," he said

Television actor Tarun Khanna, who has joined popular mythological series " Devon Ka Dev ...Mahadev" as Ravan, says he is still apprehensive about playing the epitome of evil from the epic "Ramayan".

"I still have apprehensions. It is like how you play cricket - you can get out on every ball. In the same way as an actor, you have to be on your toes every time. You have to put in your 100 percent every day. Even if I am scared, I will be able to perform my next shot to the best of my ability," he told IANS.

As far as understanding the character is concerned, Tarun read everything he could on Ravan.

He has been part of the TV industry for a decade now and has shows like " Bhabhi"Chandragupta Maurya", and "Dhak Dhakk In Dubai"to his credit, therefore he doesn't get pressurized by the popularity of a show when he steps in them.

"I have been in TV for 10 years now. I have worked in very popular serials. It does not put too much pressure on me. I am used to these things. It doesn't matter how popular the serial is, I must feel that I can contribute to it," said the actor.

Does it get monotonous to be on TV for 10 years?

"Luckily or unluckily, I have never been part of a show for too long for it to get monotonous... hats off to those people who do it (the same thing) day in and day out," he said.

Talking about future plans, the actor said that "Mahadev" is taking up all his time.

" 'Mahadev' is seven days a week and Ravan is a pivotal character for a while now. I have told my wife that I am saying goodbye to you for a while. That is the kind of commitment a TV actor has to give to a producer. If I was doing a smaller role, then I would have thought of taking on another show," he said. 
Amit Behl & Surbhi Shukla bags Buddha
Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Jun 5, 2013, 05.07 PM IST

Amit Behl & Surbhi Shukla bags Buddha
Amit Behl and Surbhi Shukla

B.K. Modi's Buddha has already created waves on small screen as it will experience the debut of seasoned actor Kabir Bedi. The show is already the talk of the town even before its launch and it seems the makers will continue to make their maiden project a hit.

TOI.com has kept the readers consistently updated on this project and now the latest information that we have heard is that talented actor Amit Behl and beautiful Surbhi Shukla have been finalised to play pivotal roles in this historical.

Surbhi Shukla debut on small screen through Life OK's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev and now in Buddha she will essay Loshika, Dai Maa of Buddha while Amit Behl will essay a very promising role.

Surbhi Shukla confirmed her being part of the show while Amit Behl stated, "Nothing as of now is confirmed, I am still in talks with the producers."

Keep reading the space to know more updates!!!
12 TV actors replaced in last two months!
Amrita Mulchandani, TNN | Jun 6, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

12 TV actors replaced in last two months!
Pratyusha Banerjee

Actors being replaced in TV shows is a regular occurrence these days. It's another matter that the audience ends up feeling confused about the new faces that keep popping up in their favourite shows. Here's a ready reckoner on who replaced whom in recent times.

Toral Rasputra replaces Pratyusha Banerjee (Balika Vadhu - Kacchi Umar Ke Pakke Rishte)
Why: There was no clarity about the exact reason for Pratyusha Banerjee to quit the show which made her a household name overnight. Apparently she was unable to commit the required time for hectic shoot schedules and had health issues.

Has the replacement worked? After a rocky start, Toral Rasputraseems to be settling in the show and the TRPs are back on track. Of course her screen chemistry with Siddharth Shukla is still not as scorching as Pratyusha's used to be, but may be that too will improve with time!

Dheeraj Dhoopar replaces Shoaib Ibrahim (Sasural Simar Ka)
Why: Shoaib Ibrahim decided to step out of Sasural Simar Ka after one and half years because he was not happy with his track and the way the show's entire focus was on the female leads. After complaining about lack of screen time, a disgruntled Shoaib called it quits.

Has the replacement worked? Dheeraj Dhoopar has a more charming screen presence and the TRPs are stable.

Laad Singh Maan and Dilkhush replaced Gurcharan Singh and Jennifer Mistry (Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah)
Why: Jennifer was pregnant and did not inform the production house, while Gurucharan's tantrums irked the producers no end. Finally both characters were replaced recently by a new pair of actors.

Has the replacement worked? Considering the show's success rests on the shoulders of Dilip Joshi and Disha Vakani, other characters rarely have any other role to play in fetching the TRPs!

Rishabh Sharma replaces Raj Bhanushali (Jai Jai Bajrangbali)
Why: Raj Bhanushali who'd become the face of the show was unable to cope with his studies and hectic shoot schedules and had to move on. The show took an early leap, the storyline changed overnight so that Rishabh could step into Raj's shoes.

Has the replacement worked? The jury's not out on this one!

Tarun Khanna replaces Manish Wadhwa (Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev) [as Ravan]
Why: Health issues forced Manish to quit the show. Also the fact that he'd signed a project on another GEC just 10-15 days after he started shooting for Mahadev... meant he didn't have time to work on his 'look'. The channel refused to take a chance and replaced him with Tarun.

Has the replacement worked? Considering Manish is a powerful performer, Tarun has a tough act to follow.

Barkha Bisht Sengupta replaces Rupali Ganguly (Parvarrish - Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi)
Why: After doing Parvarrish... Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi for almost 18 months, Rupali Ganguly who tied the knot with long term business beau Ashwin Verma early this year, quit the show to take a maternity break. Barkha Bisht was chosen after a round of 'look tests'.

Has the replacement worked? The show has recently taken a two year leap and Barkha's been given a mature look to fit in the role of a mom of teenagers.

Anuj Sachdeva replaces Farhan Khan (Chhanchan)
Why: Model Farhan Khan became the most talked about debutant when he landed the lead role opposite Sanaya Irani, after beating hotties like Arjun Bijlani, Mohit Sehgal and Vishal Karwalwho had screentested for the same. Farhan cut a sorry figure right from the word go, was unable to create any chemistry with Sanaya and the TRPs hit new lows each week. Finally, he was shown the door and Anuj has been brought in.

Has the replacement worked? Anuj has a tough task in hand: first to create chemistry with Sanaya (considering her sizzling vibes with former co-star Barun Sobti) and then rake in TRPs. Does the audience care anymore?

Aman Verma replaces Milind Gunaji (Hum Ne Li Hai... Shapath)
Why: Milind Gunaji had taken up lots of TV and film projects and was unable to devote enough time to the show. Finally, the channel and Milind amicably parted way.
Has the replacement worked? The show's TRPs seem to have improved since Aman's entry, so the makers might be a relieved lot.

Ravi Dubey replaces Mohit Malhotra (India's Dancing Superstar)
Why: Reality TV star Mohit Malhotra might have enjoyed his share of female fan following, but as an anchor he fell short of expectations and lacked spontaneity. The producers replaced him a few days ago with the easygoing Ravi Dubey who also happens to be Mohit's close friend!

Has the replacement worked: Ravi's screen chemistry with co-host Aishwarya Sakhuja might work in his favour, plus the fact that he's also a fabulous dancer himself and is easy on the eye.

Vikrant Massey replaces Rishabh Sinha (Qubool Hai)
Why: Reality TV find Rishabh Sinha was rumoured to have been acting too big for his boots ever since he signed up for Qubool Hai. His unprofessional behaviour reached a new low when he went on to do Subhash Ghai's Kaanchi, inspite of having an 'exclusivity' contract with the channel. The channel has slapped a legal notice against Rishabh for breach of contract and sacked him.

Has the replacement worked? After a round of auditions with top TV stars, Vikrant Massey got lucky. The TRPs are so far steady. Only flamboyant and flirty Ayaan seems to have metamorphosed into an angry young man on the show!

Aamir Ali replaces Pankaj Tiwari (Jhilmil Sitaaron Ka Aangan Hoga)
Why: The production house decided to revamp the entire story line to garner more viewership when the male lead was unable to generate any interest in the show. Almost overnight Pankaj was replaced by Aamir Ali. While Pankaj wasn't keen on leaving the show, the creative team was in no mood to humour him.

Has the replacement worked? Not so far. The TRPs continue to be as dismal as ever!