Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/ :: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev- Article Archive :: \|/ (Page 23)

OtakuGirl-Debo IF-Sizzlerz
OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 21 October 2012 at 1:09pm | IP Logged

Essaying the role of lord Shiva is not an easy task: Mohit Raina

Priyanka Naithani, TNN | Oct 21, 2012, 02.05PM IST
Essaying the role of lord Shiva is not an easy task: Mohit Raina
Mohit Raina

Actor Mohit Raina is getting to learn something new, everyday on the sets

For actor Mohit Raina, who is currently essaying the role of lord Shiva in the show Devon Ke Dev - Mahadev, everyday is a new learning experience. "When I started with the show, I knew that it would be a huge challenge, as everyone had great expectations from this show. Essaying the role of lord Shiva is not an easy task and living up to the audience expectation was not easy," says Mohit.

According to Raina, the unusual cast of Mahadev definitely has won half the battle. The remaining half was won by the great production attributes like special effects and the camera work of the show.

And last but not the least, is the great chemistry between actor Mouni Roy and Mohit. They also have been accepted well by the audience. "I feel our producer, Nikhil Sinha has done the casting very accurately. The audience always likes to see some new couple on TV, as it generates thecuriosity as how a new pair will look on screen."

Mohit also sums up his experience working in Mahadev as amazing. "I am glad that audience has accepted me. Getting positive feedback from the audience is always enriching. Everyday I am getting to learn something new, which is helping me to improve as an actor," concludes Mohit.

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 21 October 2012 at 1:18pm | IP Logged
  • 21 Oct 2012
  • Hindustan Times (Mumbai)

The Mahadev effect

Mohit Raina is known for playing Mahadev in Nikhil Sinha's show, Mahadev. The modelturned-actor says that his on screen role has affected him tremendously. "I have become a calmer person, not that I was short tempered earlier, but playing Mahadev has helped me approach things differently now. Our producerdirector too maintains a lot of discipline on the sets, which is a habit I have picked up," says Raina. The show has got a major fan following. The audiences seem to be enjoying watching Lord Shiva's love story with Sati and Parvati, and his role as a father.

KAVITA AWAASTHIMohit Raina

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 23 October 2012 at 12:57am | IP Logged
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/I-have-20-year-olds-proposing-to-me-Surendra/articleshow/16911762.cms

I have 20-year-olds proposing to me: Surendra

Akash Wadhwa, TNN | Oct 22, 2012, 12.02PM IST
I have 20-year-olds proposing to me: Surendra
Surendra Pal
Actor Surendra Pal, now better known asPrajapati Daksh from Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev, is loving his new-found popularity 

Second time lucky Life does not always give a second chance, but it did to the actors of Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev, feels Lucknowite and actor,Surendra Pal Singh, now popularly known as Prajapati Daksh. "Three flop actors made one serial a hit," laughs Surendra, who was recently in Lucknow for the shooting of a Bhojpuri film. "It is so interesting that Mohit RainaMouni RoySonarika Bhadoria and even I... we all were flop actors, who suddenly became popular with Mahadev. Before signing the show, none of us had any idea that characters of a mythological show like this, when youth-based serials and saas-bahu soaps are the flavour of the season, would be able to do so well. It is all divine grace," he adds. 

Enjoying the fame And now, Surendra is enjoying every bit of the recently gained fame. "It is so strange that people come to me, especially ladies, and touch my feet addressing me as Mahadev ke sasurji and will ask me to bless them. All this used to happen when Mahabharataand Ramayana were first telecast and there was only one channel and limited shows," he says. Surendra's fan following doesn't stop there. "I have girls aged between 20 and 30 years, proposing marriage to me! I don't know what has happened to them that they want to marry an old guy like me! Recently, when a girl proposed to me I told her that she can actually date my son since they are of the same age," he laughs. 

Happily single But Surendra says he is happy being single. "I separated from my wife long back and since then, I have been living with my three beautiful children. My life revolves around them. It is time for me now to help my son settle in life and not think about me finding a life partner. And waise bhi, I have so much to keep me occupied. Ab yeh social networking sites ko hi le lo. You know, all thanks to Facebook, I am now connected with my bachpan ke dost. In fact, I also connected with my first girlfriend recently! Saari puraani yaadein taaza ho gayi," he blushes. 

Politically correct Surendra has had political inclinations too. "Sonia Gandhi offered me a ticket to contest elections from her party twice, but at that time I didn't have time," he claims, "But now I do plan to enter politics. I am not sure which party, but I love the way Akhilesh Yadav has managed his party. I have been friends with Shivpal Yadav for more than 30 years and I love the way Tipu (Akhilesh's pet name) is managing the whole state." So will he be joining the Samajwadi Party? "You never know," smiles Surender.

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 24 October 2012 at 1:38am | IP Logged

Sonarika Bhadoria receives divine powers?

Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Oct 24, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Sonarika Bhadoria receives divine powers?
Sonarika Bhadoria as Goddess Parvati
Actress Sonarika Bhadoria, who plays Goddess Parvati in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, seems to have received some 'divine powers' from her character. Reportedly, whenever she dons Durga's attire, the wishes of those around her get fulfilled. 

Sonarika says, "My driver observes all nine days of Navratri. As per the ritual, he wanted to offer prayers in the evening, but that seemed impossible on the first day of Navratri. He was with me throughout and these days, we have been shooting till late. I was on the sets, dressed like Durga. My driver was restless and told me, 'Shaam ko ghar jaake diya batti nahi kar paaunga.' I said, 'Uncle, aap chinta mat kijiye aap pohochenge aur aarti zarur karenge.' I was only trying to give him false hope, but ever since, we have been packing up early. And then, a few days ago, when I was in Durga's attire, a makeup man came up to me and jokingly said, 'Pranam, Maate. Sab ko aashirwaad dete ho. Mera bhi kuch karvaao, dhan barsaao'. I simply said, 'Tathastu, kalyaan ho!' And to my surprise, the next morning he thanked me 

saying that his boss has given him a salary hike and promotion. I was speechless." Well, so are we. 
OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 26 October 2012 at 5:40am | IP Logged

Radha Krishna Dutta plays Chief Minister in Chakravyuha

Friday, October 26, 2012 | 12:58:49 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 3 Comments
Radha Krishna Dutta plays Chief Minister in Chakravyuha

Radha Krishna Dutta talks of his role in Prakash Jha's Chakravyuha

Radha Krishna Dutta, graduate from the National School of Drama, who plays Lord Brahma in Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev on Life OK, King Janak in Sabke Jeevan Ka Aadhar - Ramayan on Zee TV and the main negative role Jamunia on Door Darshan and is the husband of popular TV actress Rupal Patel; has played the role of the Chief Minister in Prakash Jha's Chakravyuha. 

The film is a social commentary on Naxalites and the tale of two friends. Speaking of his role in the film Dutta says, "I play the Chief Minister of a coalition government who genuinely tries for development in the State. The Chief Minister hails from a very rich family.  However it is very difficult for him to do good work as the whole system is messed up. The marginalized castes are still suffering. In the film you see people even running away from the police. The Naxalite activities affect about 60% of India's population."

Chakravyuha has opened with positive reviews. It's a socio-political thriller dealing with a burning issue which has moved many Indians.

- Reporter and Author: Pallavi Bhattacharya
OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 30 October 2012 at 3:59am | IP Logged
Audiences know about Bhasmasur and his tragic but comedy story of gaining mortality. Soon in Life OK's Devo Ke Dev Mahadev, the makers will narrate the story of Bhasmasur.

According to the mythology, Bhasmasur is the one who gets a boon from Mahadev to convert anything into ashes just by his touch. In return, Bhasmasur tries the ash trick on lord Shiva but fails and ends up transferring Shiva into a bird.

Further more, with the help of lord Vishnu, Shiva comes up with an idea to teach Bhasmasur a lesson. Interestingly lord Vishnu transfers himself as a beautiful apsara, Mohini, who woos Bhasmasur and leads to his end.

To do the justice to the character, Ojaswi Oberoi last seen in Life OK's Aasman Se Aage is been roped in to essay the apsara, who loves dancing and becomes a reason for Bhasmasur's death.

On the other hand the role of Bhasmasur will be played by Sanjay Swaraj.

While Ojaswi confirmed the news, Sanjay Swaraj remained unavailable.
OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 30 October 2012 at 5:07am | IP Logged
Young gun Ashnoor Kaur who has played central roles in shows like Shobha Somnath Ki,Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha will this time don a mythological character. 

Yes, the cute and cuddly Ashnoor Kaur has been signed to weave magic on Triangle Film Company's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev on Life OK.

Sources inform that Ashnoor has been roped into play the role of Shiv ( Mohit Raina) and Parvati's ( Sonarika Bhadoria) daughter on the show. We also hear that this is for the first time ever in the history of any mythological show on TV that Shiv and Parvati's daughter will be shown. Ashnoor will essay the role of Ashok Sundari and has started shooting from today. 

When contacted, Ashnoor said, "Yes, I am doing the show and am very excited to be a part of Mahadev. It's a cameo and I will play Shiv and Parvati's daughter." 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Ashnoor-Kaur-to-enter-Mahadev/articleshow/17018894.cms
OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 01 November 2012 at 2:55am | IP Logged

Shahbaaz Khan as Bali in Mahadev

Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Nov 1, 2012, 11.52AM IST
Off late, many known names like Ashnoor Kaur, Ojaswi Oberoi, Sanjay Swaraj made headlines for being part of the most celebrated show on Life OK and its none other than Triangle Films Company's Devo Ke Dev Mahadev.

Undoubtedly, Mahadev has won millions of hearts and will continue to do so with its perfect and mesmerizing cast. The latest to join the bandwagon is the famous Shahbaaz Khan, whose character of Prince Virendra Singh from the ace show Chandrakanta is still remembered by the audiences.

According to the sources, Shahbaaz got finalized to essay the character of Bali and will start shooting from tomorrow.

When contacted, Shahbaaz confirmed, "Yes, I essaying a very positive and powerful role in Mahadev. Mahadev at the first place is an amazing show and that's the reason why I took up a role. I was offered few roles earlier but I denied as I wanted to play a positive character."

"Finally I will be essaying a good, positive but powerful role of Bali in the show. Bali according to Hinduism is a donor, who has become powerful due to all his good will. On the other hand I am glad to be part of Mahadev," signs off the actor.

Get ready to see one more power packed performance by Shahbaaz.

Go to top