Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/ :: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev- Article Archive :: \|/ (Page 18)

OtakuGirl-Debo IF-Sizzlerz
OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 5:55am | IP Logged

'Ramayan' to be rebooted? DKDM an inspiration?

'Ramayan' to be rebooted?

Top telly stars are being considered to play Lord Ram and Sita in the third version of the classic

With Devon Ke Dev Mahadev drawing viewers to Life Ok, it seems as if mythological shows are once again in demand. That's what the decision makers at Zee TV seem to think anyway. A li'l birdie has just chirped to us that the channel is looking at bringing Ramayan back to television screens. Ramanand Sagar's production house Sagar Arts, which made the first two versions in 1986 and 2008, will revisit the epic. Gurmeet Chaudhary and Debina Bonnerjee, who starred in the 2008 version, won't be reprising their roles. Instead, talks are on with some other big names in telly land. These include Aditya Redij (Sawaare Sabke Sapne Preeto), Aamir Dalvi (Sanskaar LakshmiChhal Sheh Aur Maat) and Avinash Sachdev (Chhoti Bahu) for the role of Ram and Sanjeeda Sheikh (Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka), Suhasi Dhami (Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli) and Rubina Dilaik (Chhoti Bahu) for Sita.

From what we hear, the aim of Zee is to introduce Ramayan to today's generation who has not watched the 1986 version. But surely they did see the 2008 version? Maybe because it aired on a rival channel, it doesn't count? We wonder…

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 25 July 2012 at 6:20am | IP Logged

Devon ke Dev Mahadev 'Running' Review: Mythological Epic Love Story

About Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Type: Mythological series based on Hindu Lord Shiva.

Story Base: Journey of Lord Shiva from a hermit to a house holder.

Original Channel : Life OK

Air Time: Every Weekday at 08:00 PM (IST)

Running Time: 22 minutes (Approx)

Background:

First of all, I am the person who born watching 'Om Namah Shivay' series on Doordarshan. I hardly remember any part of 'Mahabharat' and 'Ramayana' which were popular mythological shows of their time. I exactly remember story of  Om Namah Shivay and its cast. Perticularly Shankar and Devarshi Narad. When I was first introduced with "Devon ke Dev Mahadev", I neglected it saying that no one can take place of Om Namah Shivay series in my heart. After watching few ads and promo's of Devon ke dev Mahadev, I watched the show in January. After end of show, I said, "Amazing".

This was my story of linking with Mahadev. Now, Lets review the series. Remember that this is Running review. This means that Serial is On AiR and this review  may be changed after completion of serial. We have our special methods of reviewing Entertainment related arts. For series, we will go on discussing following points one by one.

Acting:

Heart of the series is Mohit Raina who is playing outstanding performance as Mahadev in lead role. Looking at other characters, Devi sati impressed me a lot. Mouni Roy was perfect matching partner for Mohit Raina. Their on screen chemistry was fantastic. Third most impressed act has done by Saurabh Raj Jain as Lord Vishnu. The way he smiles is great.

All the other characters are just unforgettable.  Devarshi Narad (Shailesh Dattar) should work on his first two words, "Narayan Narayan" as these words are identity of the character.

Songs and Music:

While starting the break, it is the background music which keeps me waiting for next slot of the serial. Luminious sound of "Shiiivaaa…." is fabulous. Composer Sandeep Mukherjee, Kartik, and composer duo Inder Bawra and Sunny Bawra has done the great job.

Direction:

What to write for direction? It is the lead reason why the series is getting highest TRP. Not only director Manish Singh and Nikhil Sinha, all supporting team is ideal choice for such mythological series. If this is their first mythological attempt, I congratulate them for  the success.

Script:

As it is mythological theme based series. There is no scope to add our own masala. But actually, story board of serial is more clear than my expectation. Mihit Bhutia, Brij Mohan Pandey and Subrat Sinha had deepresearch before presenting any new character in series.  Every little point is taken from mythological books.

Dialogues:

Generally, mythological serials have boring kind of dialogues due to influence of Sanskrit words into them. Language pack for Mahadev is touched with some Hindi words which gives ease of understanding with same quality content.

Length:

I am quite unhappy with the length. They stretch each and every moment of script for a long time. Can't they show it slight faster than now? I know they do it for TRP and stretching such events increases our enthusiasm, but it will be good if they do not stretch it more. Now a day, sometime I watch this series day after a day, because story never moves far in one episode.

Bottom Line:

After a long time, we received a qualitive dose of entertainment.

Do you like our Review?  What is your opinion? We appreciate your comment. Every comment is valuable for us.

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 01 August 2012 at 2:50am | IP Logged

Shailesh Datar in Life OK's next

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 | 1:04:17 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 1 Comments
Shailesh Datar in Life OK's next

Shailesh Datar to be seen in Life Ok's next...

Tellybuzz had reported about the Production house Flying Turtle, the makers of Ganga Kii Dheej  who are planning their next show on Life OK. Mihika Verma, last seen in Dharampatni will be part of this new show which will revolve around a love story.

The latest we hear is that Shailesh Datar who played the role of Moropant in Ek Veer Stree ki Kahaani Jhansi Ki RaniBaba Aiso Varr Dhundo and who is currently seen essaying the character of Naradmuni in Life Ok's Devo Ke Dev will be seen playing the role of the main negative lead in the show.

We tried contacting Shailesh Datar but he remained unavailable for comment.

Reporter: Ranjini Nair
OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 01 August 2012 at 6:37am | IP Logged

Sonarika Bhadoria is just 18
Sonarika Bhadoria

So much adulation of the audience and popularity, all started quite early for television actress Sonarika Bhadoria, whose seen as goddess Parvati in the serial "Devon Ke Dev Mahadev" ("DKDM"). Sonarika signed her first serial when she was in Class XI.

"I did not want to become an actress rather it was my family members and friends
who had this dream for me," says Sonarika, adding, "Bachpan se hi sab mujhe kehte thay... "You are so pretty! Tu toh bade hoke heroine hi banegi'. And over the years, even I started thinking the same way. So, during my Class XI summer vacations I auditioned for producer Rajan Shahi's untitled serial and got the lead role.

Unfortunately, that channel shut shop and the serial never went on air. Soon after that I got my second serial "
Tum Dena Saath Mera", which also didn't run for too long."

Not feeling good about facing two failures in such a short span of time, the actor decided to take a break and that's when Sonarika came to Lucknow to spend time with her grandparents. "Lucknow has been my favorite city since childhood. Since my nani lives here, I used to come here during all my school vacations every year. Aminabad and Hazratganj have been my favorite hangouts. I have done lots of shopping from these two places. When I was offered the role of Parvati in "DKDM", I was in Lucknow, relaxing at home.."

Although the character has brought popularity for Sonarika, she admits that she was quite skeptical about playing the role of a goddess. "There were two reasons why I kept saying no to the role - firstly, I had been working non-stop for
"Tum Dena Saath Mera" and was tired. I just wanted to take a break and relax. And secondly, in real life, I am just the opposite of the role that I am essaying. I am quiet mischievous, talkative and outgoing. I didn't think I was the right choice for the role. Also, Mouni Roy, who played Sati in the serial, had already set a very high benchmark for the female lead role and which I was doubtful about surpassing," she lets in.

But finally, after a lot of convincing from her friends and family, Sonarika agreed to play the part. "But believe me, the journey
till now has not been an easy one. I have cried on the sets, because I had to learn so many lines. I used to feel jealous of Mohit Raina, who plays Mahadev, because when I entered the show, all he would do was sit in samadhi and do nothing. I had to mug up those heavy lines in shuddh Hindi. At one point, I just gave up. It was only after my director Nikhil Sinha, who showed so much patience with me, during the initial days, that I was able to carry on."

Now, of course, life has changed completely for Sonarika. And she is enjoying every bit of her popularity. "I keep visiting my fan page on various social networking websites. It's so nice to see people writing complimentary and also funny shayaris for me. The best was that a guy has fallen in love with me because he likes the way I say 'kintu'."

But ask her if she has someone special in her life and Sonarika says, "I am only 18 yaar... Not that I have not had any relationships in the past but it was all puppy love, nothing serious. I am happily single as of now."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Sonarika-Bhadoria-is-just-18/articleshow/15293752.cms

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 04 August 2012 at 2:04am | IP Logged
You are here: Home  Entertainment  TV

Handsome daily soap actors help garner TRPs

Shoma Shukla, TNN | Aug 4, 2012, 12.38PM IST
Handsome daily soap actors help garner TRPs
Gurmeet Chowdhary More Pics 

In the Teflon coated surreal and over dramatic world of daily soaps, the male heartthrob's good looks become an extremely handy means to wow the audience. Actually that's a given, since a sizeable chunk of the telly viewing audience, comprise the fairer sex. While the female protagonist in a prime time soap thrives on her girl next door coy looks, the hero has to be poster-perfect, handsome, tall and totally droolworthy. Good looks usually garners the TRPs with remarkable ease. 

Sample this: the TRP-trippers in the soapy world - Star Plus' Diya Aur Baati Hum (Anas Rashid as Suraj Rathi), Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? (Barun Sobti as Arnav Siingh Raizada), Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai (Karan Tacker as Viren Vadhera and Kushal Tandon as Virat Vadhera), Mann Ke Awaz Pratigya (Arhaan Behl as Krishna), Colors' Balika Vadhu (Siddharth Shukla as Shiv), Uttaran (Gaurav Bajaj as Aman), Kairi -Rishta Khatta Meetha (Jay Bhanushali as Anuj), Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon (Vivian d'sena as RK), Chhal - Sheh Aur Maat (Abhishek Rekhi as Kabir), Zee TV's Punar Vivah (Gurmeet Chaudhary as Yash Scindia),Afsar Bitiya (Kinshuk Mahajan as Pintoo Singh), Pavitra Rishta (Rithvik Dhanjani as Arjun), Sony's Kuch Toh Log Kahenge (Sharad Kelkar as Ashutosh), Byaah Hamari Bahu Ka (Gaurav Khanna as Krish), the soon-to-air Love Ya Arranged Marriage (Ashish Kapoor) Life Ok's Dil SeDua...Saubhagyavati Bhava? (Harshad Chopra as Raghav and Karan Vir Vohra as Viraj Chaudhary), Devon Ke Dev Mahadev(Mohit Raina as Mahadev) - boast of male leads who are scene stealers in every way.

In the women-dominated daily soaps, while the leading ladies garner max eyeballs by their tear jerking acts and the men have precious little to do but to provide the support act and of course look 'pretty'. As Rajan Shahi once put it, "the leading lady of a daily show needs to be a girl next door, so she doesn't have to be strikingly pretty", but since the hero is the dream man, "he needs to be handsome." Also, for the significant percentage of the viewer, the goodlooking hero is often reason enough to come back for more. A dashing hero has his uses - he can take a shower, strut around in a towel, go shirtless (when the TRPs are desperately needed), beat up the baddies, have an intense eyelock with the heroine and catch her when she's falling. He makes the fairytale complete. And in turn ensures a devoted and dedicated fanbase for himself, and more viewership for the show.

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 2:47am | IP Logged

Spooky n Uncanny with Saurabh Raj Jain

Saturday, August 04, 2012 | 5:38:41 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 20 Comments
Spooky n Uncanny with Saurabh Raj Jain

Tellybuzz brings to you a new Saturday column on Supernatural and Uncanny

Tellybuzz brings to you 'Spooky and Uncanny' column with your favourite telly stars which tries to find out their beliefs in supernatural powers and their brush with uncanny! This week we got in touch with Saurabh Raj Jain who is playing the character of Yuvraj in Colors TV show Uttaran and Lord Vishnu in Life Ok's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev.

Let's find out what Saurabh has to share with us.

Do you believe in the supernatural ?

When it comes to belief in God, then I do but when it comes to ghosts and horror related stuff, then I don't.

Craziest horror story ever heard as a child?

Once I visited Madh Island with my friends, when I came to Mumbai. One of my friends was trying to scare everyone by narrating spooky things like once someone died over here and people can still hear scary sounds.

Have you ever had a brush with uncanny?

No, I haven't but I want to (laughs).

When have you been the most scared?

When I was a child, I used to get scared of being alone in the dark. I always slept with the lights on when.

Favourite horror movie?

I laugh over watching horror movies. The Exorcist is my favourite though. 

Horror dare?

I have experienced this, when I was living in a hostel. Once my friends and I planned to try out Planchit. We all sat together, lit a candle and started trying it out. I never get scared of doing such things hence I planned to scare my friends. I started making some sounds so that my friends feel that it worked. One of my friends got so scared of my act, that he started shouting and poured Gangajal over me. (Laughs)

Reporter and Author: Anwesha Kamal

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

malwica2

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:55am | IP Logged

Lord Shiva to be seen in a new Avataar in Devo ke Dev Mahadev

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 | 4:19:29 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 7 Comments
Lord Shiva to be seen in a new Avataar in Devo ke Dev Mahadev

The Chandrashekhar Roop will be seen for the grand wedding with Parvati.

Lord Shiva (Mohit Raina) will appear in a completely new avataar for his wedding on Life OK's popular serial Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev. For the first time he will be seen in the Chandrashekhar Roop for his wedding with Parvati (Sonarika Bhadoria)which will be aired on the channel very soon.

Lord Vishnu will help Mahadev to dress up in this avataar. This will be the most appealing Avataar in the Universe which wont match the different Vishu avataar's that will be showcased in the show at a later stage.

To get enticed by Mahadev's Chandrashekhara Roop tune in to Life OK on 12th August and witness this grand wedding.

Reporter: Ranjini Nair

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

malwica2

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 14 August 2012 at 3:08am | IP Logged

When Parvati had a close call!

Published: Tuesday, Aug 14, 2012, 9:57 IST 
By Aakanksha Naval-Shetye | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA

Actress Sonarika Bhadoria had a close call on the sets of Devon Ke Dev Mahadev recently, when her sari caught fire while shooting for her wedding sequence.

The actress who plays Parvati in the show was shooting for the pherasequence with co-actor Mohit Raina (Shiva) when accidentally her pallucaught fire from one of the diyas kept around the mandap.

A source on the sets reveals, "On the day we were shooting for the Parvati-Shiva wedding sequnce; Sonarika was loaded with heavy jewellery. It was an important sequence and the shoot had been going on for over five hours at a stretch."

The source adds, "During the pheras, Sonarika's pallu accidentally caught fire. She did not notice the fire immediately, but one of the actors who plays her sister in the show, was showering flowers on Mahadev and Parvati, saw the fire and alerted everyone present. Everyone immediately swung into action and put out the fire. A major accident was averted that day."

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_when-parvati-had-a-close-call_1727710

Go to top