Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/ :: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev- Article Archive :: \|/ (Page 17)

OtakuGirl-Debo IF-Sizzlerz
OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 08 July 2012 at 3:01am | IP Logged
Young leads have recently been a trend on television and the latest entrant Sonarika Bhadoria from producer Nikhil Sinha's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, is said to have turned 19. 

In fact, we hear that the actress' mother is always spotted with Sonarika on the sets of her show. When we contacted Sonarika she said, "Yes, my mom is usually on the sets with me and it's really great to have her around. I appreciate having her around for guidance as well as feedback. 

My mom is extremely non-interfering as an individual and so she usually spends most of her time in my make up room and doesn't interrupt our shoots at all. At the end of the day, she watches the final cut and provides me with her valuable feedback. Also, everyone around here loves her because she enjoys cooking and brings delicious home made meals for my co-stars. She's really become a favorite of all on the sets. For me, having my mother around is a great moral support!" It seems like Sonarika is truly a mommy's girl!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

malwica2

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 08 July 2012 at 3:10am | IP Logged

I don't believe that talent can ever get typecast: Mohit Raina

Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Jul 8, 2012, 12.00AM IST
I don't believe that talent can ever get typecast: Mohit Raina
Mohit Raina
Mohit Raina, small screen's Mahadev, talks about love, life and women, with Neha Maheshwri Bhagat

Playing God is not easy...
While the actor admits to having had initial apprehensions of taking up the offer, he says, "Both my father and I are staunch believers of Shiva, so, I accepted Nikhil Sinha's offer to play God in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev."

No fear of getting typecast
"I don't believe that talent can ever get typecast. You just need to experiment with your looks and appear different on every show," states Mohit.

Prepping up to be divine
"I do a lot of meditation so that I am able to reflect calmness on my face, something that attracts people to Mahadev. It's not easy to get that calm look given the mad rush that's associated with a daily soap since we are always working against time," says he. Mohit also worked on his body and put on around five kilos for the role. "I had to put on weight since I had to reflect Mahadev's alpha male image."

Crazy fan-following!
There are fans who request him to visit their houses in his Lord Shiva attire so that they can offer their prayers to Him and seek his blessings! Recounts he, "My character had kheer for the first time on the show and the following day, so many people made kheer to celebrate the fact that their lord had devoured kheer. Fans get me kheer when they come to meet me on the sets. People call me everything from divine to pleasing to hot."

'Who wants to marry God?'
The only bane of essaying Lord Shiva is that Mohit has stopped getting marriage proposals. Not that marriage is on his mind, but he has become divine now. "Earlier, I used to get at least one or two proposals but not anymore. Bhagwan se jab tak insaan nahi bann jaata tab tak kuch nahi hoga. Bhagwan se kaun shaadi karega? They are also scared of the snake around my neck," he says.

Against his parents' wish
"My parents thought that I had lost it and would ruin my life when I told them that I wanted to become an actor. But then it was meant to be. I have faced struggles and have given some flops before hitting the jackpot. My father passed away two days before this role was offered to me. I accepted it as a gift from my father," he says.

Trivia.
Mohit takes almost two hours to transform into Mahadev.
He had to put on around five kilos to look the part.
He is a self-proclaimed hermit! Neither does he drink nor does he smoke and calls black coffee his 'wine'.
Though single in life, he is a die-hard romantic.
A picture of his on screen avatar is hung outside a temple in Banaras.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

malwica2coolfizzy

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 11 July 2012 at 4:40am | IP Logged
TOI-Parvati gets a new mother

Parvati has a new mother
Shilpa Tulaskar

Now that the mythological show Devon Ke Dev Mahadev has started doing well for the channel, producer Nikhil Sinha is taking special care to ensure that no actor looks like a misfit in the character he/she essays. 

He has thus decided to replace one of the key characters in the show — Parvati's ( Sonarika Bhadoria) mother Maina. The character which was essayed by Mugdha Shah will now be played by seasoned actress Shilpa Tulaskar. The actress was last seen in historical show Veer Shivaji, in which she played Shivaji's mother. According to a source, "Though Mugdha is a good performer, she didn't look convincing enough as a queen. The decision was the result of constant feedback for the actress." We hope the change is welcomed by the viewers and Sonarika alike.

malwica2

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 15 July 2012 at 3:14am | IP Logged
No nomination upsets Mahadev's cast

Devon Ke Dev Mahadev

Who doesn't enjoy sincere appreciation for their work? While the cast of 'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev' is being lauded for their acting chops, a few from the industry choose to overlook the same. If sources from the industry are to be believed then these awards nominations have rubbed many actors of several shows the wrong way and especially the cast of 'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev'. 

The show being the top rated show on Life OK, has not been nominated in any category with an exception of two nominations for Mohit Raina (Mahadev) and Mouni Roy (Sati) in best fit male actor and actress. An actor laughingly tells us, "It's so funny to see Mohit Raina nominated for the best fit actor category and not for the best actor, as if he is hosting a fitness show. Apparently, both the production house and the channel are miffed at this. The show surely deserved better nominations being the most talked about mythological show especially due to its production quality. It is so strange to know that a show like 'Shobha Somnath Ki', which failed to generate encouraging ratings, gets nominated for costumes but Mahadev hasn't".

One of the veteran producers alleges, "This rigging business is probably the reason Aamir Khan has boycotted awards and in any case audience's appreciation is the best award for any show. We wish there was a body to authenticate the nomination system." We hope that Mahadev can ignore this folly. After all, to err is human and to forgive is divine!
source... timesofindia

malwica2

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 2:37am | IP Logged

Suhasini Mulay to enter Mahadev!-TOI

Suhasini Mulay to enter Mahadev!
Suhasini Mulay

The preparations of Lord Shiva (Mohit Raina) and Parvati's ( Sonarika Bhadoria) wedding will soon begin in Triangle Film Company's mythological show 'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev' on Life OK.

And as the wedding inches closer, the arrival of close relatives and guests has commenced.
Sources inform veteran and beautiful actress
Suhasini Mulay, who has been entertaining viewers through films and serials, will soon enter the show.

Suhasini will play the role of Parvati's grandmother and will come to attend the wedding of Parvati (Sonarika Bhadoria) with Lord Shiva (Mohit Raina). She will be a little arrogant by nature. She will start shooting today.
When contacted, Suhasini said, "I have never played any mythological character in my career. This is the first time I am doing a costume drama and I am really looking forward to it."

Link :

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Suhasini-Mulay-to-enter-Mahadev/articleshow/15053857.cms

malwica2

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 7:15am | IP Logged

Swami Nithyananda bowled over by Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev

TNN | Jul 20, 2012, 05.29PM IST
Swami Nithyananda bowled over by Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev
Devon Ke Dev Mahadev
The Life OK channel wouldn't have ever expected this in their wildest dreams! 

Paramahamsa Nithyananda, popularly known as Swami Nithyananda, showered praises on the mythological daily soap, 'Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev', this week.

In a big surprise coming their way, spiritual leader Paramahamsa Nithyananda, popularly known as Swami Nithyananda, showered praises on the mythological daily soap, 'Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev', this week. 

In his discourse titled Inner Awakening at the lush green hill station of Kodaikanal in Tamil Nadu, he told his devotees that the daily soap, which revolves around the life of Lord Shiva; the most powerful God within the Hindu culture, is one of the best things to have happened to the Vedic tradition in recent times. 

"Bringing a mythological story to life is not a joke. If I put all my intelligence, philosophical strength, understanding and abilities, to try and make a serial on Shiva, it will not be better than 'Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev'," said Swami Nithyananda, recommending it to everyone. 

"There are a lot of subtle points it portrays; like what happens when Devi assumes a human body, concepts of incarnation, why tapas (tapasya) is needed, and lots of such aspects, which the programme is presenting beautifully," he said. 

Praising the show's production values, set designs and costumes, the Swami remarked that the makers, writers and actors are doing an "amazing job," bringing the story of Shiva alive with beautiful visuals and concepts which can be understood by the common man. 

"This correct depiction and representation of facts is a true service to the Vedic tradition," said the Paramahamsa, who has recently been anointed the 293rd pontiff of the Madurai Adheenam; the oldest Saivite mutt established more than 1,500 years ago in South India. 

malwica2

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 2:31am | IP Logged

TOI: Time check on TV actors dressing process

Actor: Mohit Raina
Character: Lord Shiva
Serial: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev
Time taken: 1 hr 15 min
A heavy wig, a leopard print dress, rudraksh accessories and a rubber snake wrapped around him takes actor Mohit Raina a good one hr 15 minutes in the makeup room every time he dons the avatar of Lord Shiva. "Earlier it used to take two hours. But now with practice, the time span has reduced," informs the actor. "It's quite a cumbersome task. At times we shoot for 12 to 15 hours, so wearing the heavy wig for such a long time is tiring. I was aware before taking up the role that I will have to put in extra efforts when it comes to dressing as I'm portraying a mythological character. But the positive response of the audience has boost my morale," adds Raina who was reluctant of taking up the role initially. 

Actor: Sonarika Bhadoria
Character: Goddess Parvati
Serial: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev
Time taken: 1 HR 30 min

Portraying Goddess Parvati is no easy feat for Sonarika as it takes her about one and a half hours to get the right look. "My sari needs to be draped in a different manner and as it is not a pre-stitched one, so it takes quite a while to drape it right." But equally tough for the actress is removing the entire get-up. "I just wait to get rid of the heavy wig. As soon as the final shot is over, I take it off immediately while still on the sets. As for the makeup, I remove it on my way back home."

malwica2

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 5:45am | IP Logged

Mouni Roy approached for Beyond Dreams next on Life OK

Mouni Roy approached for Beyond Dreams next on Life OK
Mouni Roy

Yash Patnaik (Beyond Dreams Entertainment Limited) who has churned out some novel concepts in shows like 'Rang Badalti Odhani', 'Jamunia', 'Monica Mogre Case Files' is geared up for his new show 'Apne Toh Apne Hote Hain' on Life OK.

However, the latest news we hear is that Mouni Roy, who played the beautiful goddess Sati in 'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev', is all set to return on Life OK with this show.
Mouni has been approached to play the main female lead on the show. Her character will be of a city based ambitious girl who falls in love with her village after visiting it. The show is a love cum family drama and will go on floors soon.
When contacted,
Mouni Roy remained unavailable for comment.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Mouni-Roy-approached-for-Beyond-Dreams-next-on-Life-OK/articleshow/15120633.cms

Go to top