Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/ :: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev- Article Archive :: \|/ - Page 63

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Newsmakers of 2013

Who says drama is only for on screen? These celebrities kept the gossip mills churning with their antics this year...

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 | 5:44:20 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: india-forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   75 Comments  |  8519 Views

The controversial year so far saw much of masala, entertainment, fights and gossips. The one amongst them was the reality show Bigg Boss Saath 7 though now has ended, but viewers have always got entertainment through such show. Hence we decided to list down few shows which have created much hype in the TV industry...

Bigg Boss, bigger controversies

The indomitable and controversy's kid host of the showSalman Khan himself said exasperatedly that this may be the last time he was hosting Bigg Boss. What is bringing the infallible Khan down? All the fights and controversies in the house. Not that this was anything new but this year took the cake along with the icing and the cherry for the fights. 

The temper tantrums of Armaan Kohli, the row betweenKushal Tandon and Andy when the former was accused of assault, Kushal walking out and his alleged girlfriend Gauahar Khan following him after a ranting and fainting spell... Kushal's fight with Tanisha Mukherjee. Kushal re-entering and being evicted midweek. Armaan Kohli's fight with Sofia Hayat after which she came out to the house and filed a case on him for physical assault. Armaan was arrested from the house, released on bail and returned. Just the tip of the iceberg, this list!

Gutthi went katti with Comedy Nights with Kapil

The duo of Gutthi-Palak lost its charm with Gutthi (Sunil Grover) walking out of the show. No one knows the real reason still and everything is just a conjecture. Whether it is being blamed on Sunil becoming too big for his boots, asking for a bigger remuneration, or starting his own show on another channel, all possible reasons one could think of have been named. The character is patented and cannot be used on any other channel, so the Colors' legal notice says. Apparently, Sunil will be doing his own show on Star Plus soon.

Karan Singh Grover's Qubool kaboom

Always the rockstar, Karan Singh Grover! But this time it didn't go down well with producer Gul Khan of Qubool Hai, which Karan plays Asad. There were reports of his unprofessional behavior, late arrivals for the shoot, and even in inebriated state. The channel and makers had had enough and showed him the door. There are talks of defamation lawsuit from Karan who claims he couldn't be there for shoots because of health issues and because was meant to be on the show for just a year. Karan has now been replaced by Raqesh Vashisht.

Sonarika Bhadoria bids adieu to Devon Ke Dev Mahadev

The ethereal beauty Sonarika Bhadoria won everyone's heart as Parvati in the Life OK show. A year later, it came as a shocker when she left the show apparently because she was unhappy with the remuneration revision she got on the show after which she started throwing tantrums. Sonarika was replaced by Pooja Bose, who has also left the show now!

Pratyusha Banerjee bails on Balika Vadhu

The ever loved Anandi was all grown up and Pratyusha Banerjee stepped into the shoes of Avika Gor after the five year leap and became an instant hit. And then after three years of playing Anandi and seeing many high points in the show came the news of her walkout from the show like a bolt from the blue. Supposedly the hectic schedules took a toll on Pratyusha's health and she was tired of playing the ideal bahu too. But another theory is that she quit for a career in Bollywood and that the production house was fed up of her starry tantrums. She was seen in Bigg Boss Saath 7recently.

The Saraswatichandra sad saga

Everyone was quite curious about Sanjay Leela Bhansali's television venture Saraswatichandra, which was touted to be a big show because of its grandiose. First the lack of chemistry between Jennifer Singh Grover and Gautam Rode made the headlines as the reason for the show not doing well. Reportedly, Jennifer didn't want to do intimate scenes with Gautam because it would miff her husband Karan Singh Grover.

Then Sanjay gave the show up after there was news of plugs being pulled on the show because of low ratings. Balika Vadhu fame Sunjoy Wadhwa has now taken over the reign and things are said to be better! 

Dhaval Roy

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I have worked as the DOP in the original Hatim

I have worked as the DOP in the original Hatim
Nikhil Sinha

Producer Nikhil Sinha speaks about the popular mythological show, Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, and newly launched Hatim.

What is so special about Hatim? It's a different show. It belongs to the fantasy genre and has a very popular character. The show will raise the bar and do well as we have tried to really raise the standards. We are now updated technologically in every possible way.

What prompted you to make Hatim? It's the journey of a normal boy. I worked as the DOP in the original Hatim and there was barely any technological support back then. Also, since I wasn't the producer, I didn't have much say when it came to taking decisions. I had already decided to make Hatim the way I imagined it. This show is going to be huge and has a huge scope both technology and set-up wise.

Since you were part of Hatim earlier, comparisons are bound to happen. Are you prepared for it? Also, how different will be your Hatim from the earlier one? I had directed some scenes too for the earlier Hatim and hence, it obviously was very special to me. I'm still very much attached to it. I have taken a big leap into making Hatim with special effects, set- ups and costumes. The new Hatim will be very different from its predecessor. It's quite close to Hollywood -- we are using practical VFX. We have also taken special care for the costumes.

Actor Rahil Azam became popular as Hatim. Do you think debutant Rajbir Singh, who plays Hatim in your show, will also be lucky? Yes, I feel Rajbir will be a big star too. The character is great and the way he is presenting it is going to be perfect too.

What made you finalise Rajbir and Pooja Bannerjee to play the lead roles? Rajbir was a body builder. I saw his picture one day and finalized him; I chose him at first sight. He has a chiselled face, perfect body and he looks straight out of a video game. I wanted a warrior princess and Pooja fits the bill as she has stamina, innocence and a fresh face.

READ: I am an ardent Shiv bhakt: Mohit Raina

What do you think the future of Indian television next year, with mythological, fantasy and historic shows dominating the medium? The last two years were all about Mahadev. My agenda was to bring out a costume drama and get due recognition. Mahadev succeeded in mainstream category and also won awards. So, this genre has emerged strong and successful. I won't say dominate, but yes, I believe they will stay and develop well.

What to expect out of Mahadev now? Mahadev is an iconic show now and it's beyond us. Its audience base is huge and there are interesting tales coming up to show.

Suhana, your wife, is also involved in the project and company. Does that help? It's a phenomenal help. She helps out at work whenever needed and whenever she can. Most of all, as a wife, she's supportive and that makes half my job easy.

What major changes did you notice in the industry over the years? According to me, the industry has gone backward. The shows earlier were trend setters -- Bharat Ek Khoj, Malgudi Days, etc. They all had wonderful concepts and presentation, they were cult material. These days, it's all formulated and stereotyped. Some shows are still good and are coming up. Balika Vadhu had a strong message initially and Bade Achhe Laggte Hain.. dealt with mature love stories. Now, Mahadev has brought in costume drams. It's a nice breed of makers today and many of my friends are also doing good work.

ALSO READ: It's all about the name for Pooja Banerjee

What are your New Year Plans? The launch of my show was on 28th, so I'm going to wrap things up and take a three-day break.

Do you see yourself in the reality genre? I haven't thought as of now, but maybe sometime.

If you have to sum up your journey this year, how will you do that? It's been a tremendous year. I have gained creative satisfaction; I did quality work and Hatim happened. It's been my dream project, and I'm hoping it's good.
Nikki_Titli thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140101/entertainment-tvmusic/article/lord-soap-operas

Is it odd to ogle god? Well, not if he's being essayed by the unbelievably well-built Mohit Raina.

The actor who swept various television awards for his lead role in 'Devon ke Dev - Mahadev' this year, is very comfortable with the praise that has come his way for his looks.

But what he continues to be touched by is the way he has affected people's lives. "I have realised people expect a lot from me. They have seen a Shiva inside me. I have had people come to my doorstep, my gym, on my sets seeking blessings. Once when I was in Varanasi, a man in his mid-40s came to meet me. He touched my feet and asked for blessings. I was so stunned. I hugged him because I found it heartwarming. That was a memorable moment."

Playing god is not easy, but Mohit found the transition from portraying dramatic characters to that of Lord Shiva smooth; largely due to his own belief system. "I have been a big devotee of Lord Shiva even when I was (back home) in Jammu. When I was selected to play Mahadev, I knew it was a huge responsibility. Playing Mahadev was no easy task but my belief in him gave me a kind of confidence that people have grown to relate to. The best part is that apart from Mahadev, I get to play his avatars as well. I have portrayed more than 18 avatars; some godly, some human. It has helped me a lot to grow as an actor."

From being a 108-kg youngster to shedding almost 30 kilos in a year in the run up to his Grasim Mr India participation in 2005, Mohit hasn't had it easy. His early steps into the world of acting weren't all that impressive. He had roles in films like 'Don Muthu Swami' and the TV shows 'Chehra' and 'Ganga Kii Dheej'. Yet none of them catapulted him into the league of super successful protagonists the way Mahadev did.

Did he ever imagine that a mythological show would be his claim to fame? "Honestly I did not think about it. All I knew is that I had to put more than my 100 per cent. I shoot almost all seven days a week and I try to give my 100 per cent every day. I will not say I am a fan of the show, but I am a big fan of Shiva."

In 2013, Mohit was also lauded for his negative portrayal of an avatar of Lord Shiva, Jalandhar. While playing an avatar of the deity was not unusual for the actor, juggling both Mahadev and Jalandhar was a feat. "It was challenging to play Mahadev and Jalandhar at the same time. I received an award for my role of Jalandhar. This year has been promising and I hope I can better my performance in 2014. I also hope my fans continue to envelop me with love."

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

"Anand and Kittu never prioritize their relationship" : Vipul Gupta

Vipul Gupta aka Anand of Star Plus' popular show Meri Bhabhi, talks about his character and much more in this conversation with TellyBuzz...

Saturday, January 04, 2014 | 6:04:43 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   36 Comments  |  8210 Views

A lot of tension is brewing up between Kittu and Anand in DJ's popular show Ek Nanad Ki Khushiyon Ki Chaabi...Meri Bhabhi on Star Plus. Good looking and talented actor Vipul Gupta who plays Anand in the show, is quite happy playing different shades of Anand in the show. TellyBuzz spoke to Vipul to know more about his character and about his point of view on the current relationship status between Kittu (Esha Kansara) and Anand.

Talking about the way he feels his character has evolved so far, Vipul says, "I have played various characters in my earlier shows and the good thing about this character is that it has so many shades to portray like from being an emotional and angry brother, understanding son to a loving son but still there has been a lack of chemistry between him and Kittu and they have tried to know each other well. This character has so many shades rather than just being a romantic hero. So, this character has lots of developments with so many shades."

According to the ongoing tracks of the show, Kittu and Anand are not on talking terms with each other. So when probed Vipul about the same he tells us, "They have never prioritized their relationship. Parents and his sister (Kanchi Kaul) has always been a priority for Anand. He is a simple guy who supports what is right but he never prioritized his marriage. On the other hand, Kittu always prioritized the happiness of her sister in law but she never listens to her husband nor took out some time for him. So, they both didn't prioritize their relationship with each other. It's very real in a today's time. A husband wife relationship is mostly portrayed like Ram Sita in television but these problems do come in real life especially when living in a joint family. They both are right as well as wrong in their own ways. This is the high point of the show which is going right now that they both are wrong even being right because if they didn't prioritize their relationship as husband and wife, they tend to fail and might face a situation like what Kittu and Anand are facing right now."  

Vipul is quite happy playing the character of Anand which he feels is very fulfilling as an actor and he adds, "The show is doing quite well even if it airs in it's toughest slot as the other popular shows like Balika Vadhu, Jodha Akbar and Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev etc. also air on the same slot which are doing well and are quite successful. So, it was a tough competition for us but we have picked up and it feels good. I am getting an amazing response from UK too. I have done shows like India Calling in which I played a brat and I played some other characters too in some other shows but I am getting acclaimed as an actor through this show. I am getting lots of love from the people. I have got to play different shades through this character like I have laughed, I have cried, I have done action which is very fulfilling as an actor."  

Way to go Vipul! 

Anwesha Kamal

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Actor Rahul Dev who has done many negative roles in B-Town was recently hospitalised due to bad health problems. 

He was shooting for the maha episode of Devon Ke Dev Mahadev when he had almost completed all shooting and some parts were left when he suddenly fell ill.

When we contacted the actor, he picked up the phone but was barely able to speak. He said, "The investigations and reports are awaited but sorry I can't talk right now. Not well at all." 

Rahul delivered a power packed performance in the show Devon Ke Dev Mahadev as demon Arunasur.
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

I will always be thankful to Ekta Kapoor: Saurabh Raaj

Akash Wadhwa, TNN Jan 6, 2014, 12.00AM IST

TV actor Saurabh Raaj Jain, better known as Lord Krishna of Mahabharat, says he is happy with the way his career is shaping up

Going on strong
Saurabh Raaj Jain is a popular name on television. After being a part of serials like Parichay, Devon Ke Dev Mahadev and Uttaran, Saurabh is now enjoying playing lord Krishna on screen in Mahabharat. "I have been working on television for almost a decade now. After my first show Remix, I took a break of two years to complete my studies since I was in the second year of my college. As an actor, whatever came to me I just took it. I never thought ki iss serial se mujhe kya milega ya ussko karne se kitni popularity milegi. For me it was just my passion for acting. Though I had been around for a very long time, it was the serial Parichay that brought me into the limelight. The serial was a turning point in my career and I will always be thankful to Ekta (Kapoor) for that."

Waiting to lead
And though Saurabh has worked in many serials and has gained popularity too, he is still to be launched as a lead. But the actor says he has no complains. "I didn't have that thing in my mind that I want to be launched as a lead in a serial. The only thing on my mind was to act. Even though other than my education, I don't have any backup plan, I am okay with my career graph. So far, with the grace of God, I have been getting shows one after another. Post my break, I did a stint in Kasamh Se, then immediately after that I did Jai Shree Krishna, after that I did Meet Mila De Rabba and so on. Working for money was never a problem for me."

Paid holiday
Not many people know that Saurabh was kept on hold for a year and paid for the entire period for the role of Krishna in Mahabharat. "I shot the pilot episode with producer Siddharth Kumar Tewary which was directed by Nikhil Sinha, who is the producer and director of Devon Ke Dev Mahadev. So, after that pilot, he himself came to me and said 'You are my Krishna'. And I was like 'Ok, we will see'. Then the project, since it was so huge, was put on hold for a long time and so was I. I was given a lump sum amount every month and told that I can't do any other project. To play Krishna, I was put on hold for almost a year and was paid to do nothing," he says with a smile.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2014-01-06/news-interviews/45917706_1_saurabh-raaj-jain-lord-krishna-mahabharat

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Television's love for Double roles continues in the new year

Television's love for Double roles continues in the new year
A still from Mahadev

Bollywood films may not feature double roles as frequently anymore, but television continues with the trend. The year began with Vivian Dsena in a double role in Madhubala " Ek Ishq Ek Junoon And we won't be surprised to see more in days to come.

So, why does TV love the idea of a double role? Says producer Saurabh Tewari, "It is introduced only when characters become brands " when the original character has already clicked and the second one adds to the fun. Double dhamaka in the same price. But the success of a doubles track only depends on whether the second one is as interesting as the first." But, this is not the only reason why the small screen's tryst with twin roles continues. There's more:

Reason 1: When a serial goes on for a long time and exhausts almost all the tracks, writers resort to this. The double role track helps them add twists and turns, which they hope give a boost to the Television Viewership in Thousands (TVTs). Some shows have even had more than one double role. Devon Ke Dev Mahadev apart from Mohit Raina's Mahadev-Jalandhar track, also had Sudesh Berry play twin aghoris Malla and Mani. Hitler Didi too had two actors " Rati Pandey and Rituraj " play double roles.

Reason 2: In the case of a couple of shows, a double role was introduced to stop their lead actors from quitting post a time leap. In Uttaran, Tina Dutta was given a double role " that of mother-daughter (Iccha-Meethi). The Pavitra Rishta creative team similarly too managed to keep back Ankita Lokhande with a grandmother-granddaughter role (Archana-Ankita).

Reason 3: Double roles are sometimes a part of episodic shows like CID to add to the intrigue. Or for the fun of it, as in the case of Amitabh Bachchan in KBC Season 7 where he also came in as Lallan bhaiya in one of the episodes.

Not to forget, Salman Khan who was both, the angel and the devil in Bigg Boss this time.
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Shah Rukh Khan rehearses for Screen Awards 2014

Written by Sarika Sharma | Mumbai | January 13, 2014 09:40

Shah Rukh Khan is busy with rehearsals for the 20th Annual Life OK Screen Awards. (IE Photo) 

Bollywood Badshah Shah Rukh Khan is busy with rehearsals for the 20th Annual Life OK Screen Awards, which is scheduled to take place tomorrow night, January 14, 2014 at MMRDA Grounds in Mumbai. The actor, who will be hosting the grand affair is gearing up for the show as he rehearses his lines late into the night on the eve of the Award function. Dressed in a black tee shirt, denims and a beanie, Shah Rukh rehearsed along with Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev' actor Mohit Raina, who will join King Khan on stage. Shah Rukh Khan arrived early evening at the Screen Awards venue. The actor has been nominated for Best Actor (male) for Chennai Express' in which he romanced the beautiful Deepika Padukone. He has also been nominated for Best Actor (male) by popular choice. Keep watching this space for all the live updates on Screen Awards 2014.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

"Draupadi will take 'Mahabharat' to another level" : Sudesh Berry

Actor Sudesh Berry, who plays Drupad in TV show Mahabharat', feels that Draupadi's recent entry will help in getting more eyeballs.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 | 6:03:18 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   1 Comments  |  390 Views

Actor Sudesh Berry, who plays Drupad in TV show Mahabharat', feels that Draupadi's recent entry will help in getting more eyeballs.

"The show is up for a major move forward and Draupadi will take the show to another level," Sudesh said in a statement.

"I'm getting very positive responses thankfully, but I'm not satisfied. I want to portray king Drupad as a very powerful, strong and emotionless character," he said.

In the past, Sudesh worked in shows like Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi KijoDevon Ke Dev. Mahadev and Kya Hadsaa Kya Haqeeqat.

Nikki_Titli thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
this is the BEST ARTICLE which hv been out on MR related to Life Ok Screen Awards
http://alpha.intoday.in/story/screen-awards-2014-srk-deepika-padukone-ranveer-singh-amitabh-bachchan-huma-qureshi/1/336355.html

Mohit & Mouni's names mentioned in this article related to Life Ok Screen Awards
http://www.emirates247.com/entertainment/events/screen-awards-2014-bollywood-stars-dazzle-on-the-red-carpet-2014-01-15-1.534830