Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/ :: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev- Article Archive :: \|/ - Page 62

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

"I want to do dance reality shows to showcase my talent" - Sonarika Bhadoria

The gorgeous actress Sonarika Bhadoria who is better knonwn as Parvati from Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev talks about her future plans and why she does not want to do TV soaps anymore...

Ads by Google
Post Free Ads Now
Create & Post Your Own Ad for Free Go Now. Sign up at Quikr100% Free
www.quikr.com/Post-Ad

Saturday, December 21, 2013 | 1:23:49 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   5 Comments  |  434 Views

Talented and beautiful Sonarika Bhadoria who rose to fame with the popular television showDevon Ke Dev. Mahadev does not want to act in daily soaps currently.

Sonarika is very happy about the appreciation that she has got from this show and for her character of Parvati which was being loved by the masses but now she does not want to be known for that role only as she says, "I am very happy that I was so well appreciated for my character but now I want to move out from that image and I want to do reality shows such as Jhalak Dikhla Ja , Nach Baliye etc.  I am not looking out for doing daily soaps currently."

Aarat from acting Sonarika's other interests are dancing and she is very fond of dancing. So when we asked her about the same she says, "I have always been fond of dancing and also I have recently learned Belly dancing and I really want to do some show related to dance and showcase my talent.

Well Sonarika, TellyBuzz wishes you all the best for your future endeavors.  

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Credit: Mohit FC at twitter

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Popular actors who went unnoticed in their debut shows

1/5
https://www.mumbaimirror.com/thumb/msid-20341485,width-300,resizemode-4/Y1.jpg

Fans rejoice when they see their favourite and popular TV stars on the screen. However, there are a few actors who though enjoying the taste of success now, once went unnoticed. Though luck plays a vital role in making an actor popular, the character will always be considered bigger than the actor. Mohit Raina: Over the last 2 years Mohit Raina has ruled the hearts of millions and has created a niche for himself in the industry. All thanks to his character Mahadev. The actor though had acted in shows like Chehra, Ganga Ki Dheej and he debuted on the small screen with Star Plus'Antariksh which failed to claim fame and went unnoticed by the audience. Viewers questioned Mohit who was a fresh face when they saw him on Mahadev.

https://updateox.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Sonarika-Bhadoria-close-up.jpg
Sonarika Bhadoria: Sonarika who claimed fame through Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev went unnoticed with her debut show Tum Dena Saath Mera which aired on the same channel. She was never appreciated for her beauty but audiences' perception changed towards the actress and they found her beautiful & talented only after they saw her as Parvati in Mahadev.  

Proud-India thumbnail

6 days to go!! Telly Trend of Leap/Season 2/Replacements in 2013

Let's do something interesting today... let's create a supposed conversation between the Producer, the Channel and the Writer of the show.

• Channel: the TRP's of the show has been continuously dripping, we might have to axe it if nothing is done.
  • Producer: No!!!!!!! the show has been one of the highest TRP garner, you just can't do this.
  • Writer: Yes!! Not fair... I have grown the character into everyday life of audience with all the brain that I could use. You just can't axe their favorite show.
  • Channel: Clearly the show is not anymore the favorite or else we wouldn't have had been having this conversation.
  • Producer: agreed!! But you have to give the show one more chance... it has brought so much to the channel.
  • Channel: then you have your chance... tell me what are you planning.
  • Producer: what do you suggest Mr. Writer??
  • Writer: let me think for a while.
  • Channel: why don't we replace the 'Y' character... she has throwing unnecessary tantrums anyway, the controversy might give something new to the show.
  • Writer: hmmm!!! Must say, controversial idea!! It can lead to great TRP. I can also bring in some twist in the story that the character Y', definitely won't agree and might quit the show herself... and may be get a better actor
  • Producer: never!!! The show is running because of her fan following, it could possibly deteriorate the TRP.
  • Channel: hmm!! So what shall we do??
  • Writer: Sir, I have an amazing Idea!!! Let's break this season and introduce the season 2... A fresh start might look amazing.
  • Producer: hmmm!!! Nice!!!

(some days later after the script of season 2 is working upon) 

• Channel:  well!! We are not enjoying the script, there is nothing new. Bring me something new or else I have some really good show offers.
  • Writer: Sir ji!!! I just got a great idea!!! We should introduce a 10 year leap in the show... add new characters new romantic chemistry between them with new twists..
  • Producer: wow Mr. writer your brain really has some great thoughts
  • Channel: the idea sounds good, start working over it...

The end!!!

The writer, producer and the channel feels they have so intelligently introduced a super amazing idea that nobody has ever used in the industry... but the truth: Well every second show on ever other channel is facing this conversation and is feeling brilliant by choosing any one of these few trademark TRP revival tricks. Although the conversation might not be as simple as I have portrayed, but the essence I guess would have remained same forever.

Since 2013, is a part of forever... The shows definitely have used these old school techniques to make it to the next year. For some it worked and some are thinking if any other might have worked better...

These tricked are used so often, that they have somehow become Telly Trends... Even in 2013, this trend has maintained a steady speed over the year.  So, obviously in our journey down the memory lane, we ought to remember the show it was. let's look at which show did what???

Telly Trend - Leap

• Bade Acche Lagte Hain - officially the leap king for 2013, after five year leap the show boldly went ahead and took a 7 years leap again
  • Devon Ke Dev Mahadev- while Bade Acche lagte hain can be crowned as leap king... this show can definitely have the title for the Prince of leap. The show jumps into new stories of the God and thus jumps into various leaps on and off.
  •  Dil Ki Nazar Se Khoobsurat: Leap period: Five-six years. This was the effort of a dying show; unfortunately it could not save the show for long and had to face the axe.
  • Ek Veer Ki Ardaas Veera: Leap period: 15 years, A perfect example of fan power, the story was originally supposed to take a 10 year leap within three months of its launch. But the popularity of kid forced the makers to continue with the track.
  • Pavitra Rishta: Leap period: 15 - 20 years. Ankita Lokhande is playing her own grand-daughter after the leap.
  • Ek Mutthi Aasmaan: The show was about a maid's struggle to educate her daughter, which the leap has made simple. As usual the show is determined to be side tracked from the main concept and as always end up into a love triangle.

Telly Trend: Season 2

This is definitely a new emerging Trend in the television industry... While international television shows usually gets divided into season to keep audiences hooked and booked for long.

But in India... it was either extend the story like a chewing gum or just axe once it for all. But not now, the show is made after a break with either with the same story and characterization continued or a different story is introduced all together. But one thing is for sure, the trend that caught sparks last year has converted into a flaming fire this year.

• Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon...Ek Baar Phir - The show IPKKND made demi-Gods out of Sanaya Irani and Barun Sobti and hence the channel decided to bring back the brand, but in a different avatar.
  • Lapataganj- Ek Baar Phir- The second season of this SAB TV show has taken a six year leap and now the villagers are enjoying a little better lifestyle.
  • Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha 2 - Well, this show on Colors gained immense popularity with the pair Mohan (Kunal Karan Kapoor) and Megha (Akansha Singh) becoming the darlings of the viewers.

When the show went off, the fans were hopping mad and their constant yearning to get the show back led to Na Bole season 2. With a leap in the plot, the viewers did like the show, but somewhere the magic of the first part was missing and thus axe came over the second season as well.

• Punar Vivah - Ek Nayi Umeed - Retaining the show's title, the makers brought out the second season with the same theme of re-marriage. Although it had a great cast but the show never managed to do well in the number game, and soon had to be wrapped up in haste. Well, this is a season 2 gone wrong completely.
  • Sanskaar Dharohar Apnon Ki - Although the show never did well, fans of its lead hero Jai Soni pleaded requested and commanded for a second season, and voila! It did come back. Well dear fans!!! You could have demanded for your hero's original show... might have worked better for all.
  • The Buddy Project- Now in College -This was an evident move when the buddies moved from school to college in this Channel V's popular show. The fans were eager to see their favourite young actors out of their school uniform and dressed in fashionable casuals as they entered a media college. This is one show that is still doing in season 2.
  • Har yug me aayega ek Arjun -  Season 2: Karan Arjun Entire ETF team, except Arjun, is killed in a bomb explosion. This makes way for a new character Karan who will now be an ally of Arjun. He has a nature that is completely opposite to Arjun's nature. In addition to this there is a techno savvy kid and a female police officer will enter
  • FIR - in third season... When Chandramukhi thought of quitting the show for Tota weds Maina, the show had to end.  A second season with different lead came, but neither the Tota worked nor this... so Laut ke buddhu ghar ko aya' and the show got it's Miss. Chautala back.

Telly Trend - Replacement

Although in my mini script above the replacement is an act of creating buzz... and at time it may be, but the production house, channel and stars have various professional and personal reason to take this step.

• Toral Rasputra replaces Pratyusha Banerjee ( Balika Vadhu - Kacchi Umar Ke Pakke Rishte)
    After a rocky start, Toral Rasputra seems to be settling in the show and the TRPs are back on track.
  • Dheeraj Dhoopar replaces Shoaib Ibrahim (Sasural Simar Ka)
    Shoaib Ibrahim decided to step out of Sasural Simar Ka after one and half years because he was not happy with his track and the way the show's entire focus was on the female leads and turns out he was lost... no body really missed him in the show.
  • Laad Singh Maan and Dilkhush replaced Gurcharan Singh and Jennifer Mistry (Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah)
  •  Rishabh Sharma replaces Raj Bhanushali ( Jai Jai Bajrangbali)
  • Tarun Khanna replaces Manish Wadhwa (Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev)
  • Barkha Bisht Sengupta replaces Rupali Ganguly (Parvarrish - Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi)
  • Anuj Sachdeva replaces Farhan Khan (Chhanchan)

Model Farhan Khan became the most talked about debutant when he landed the lead role opposite Sanaya Irani but unfortunately he was unable to create any chemistry with Sanaya and the TRPs hit new lows each week.

• Vikrant Massey replaces Rishabh Sinha (Qubool Hai)
  • Yash Gera replaces Ather Habib (Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai) 
  • Ulka Gupta replaces Hally Shah (Khelti Hai Zindagi Aankh Micholi)
  • Rubina Dilaik replaces Giaa Manek (Jeannie Aur Juju)
  • Sargun Mehta replaces Sriti Jha (Balika Vadhu)
  • Sonia Balani replaces Fenil Umrigar (Bade Acche lagte hain)
  • Ankit Narang replaces Aditya Kapadia (Bade Acche lagte hain)
  • Puja Banerjee replaces Sonarika Bhadoria (Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev)

A little birdie told us that now even Puja is planning to quit after just 4 months.

• Kadambari Kadam replaces Shamin Mannan (Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki)

Uff!!! This has definitely been the longest post of our countdown this year... so, may be now you will agree that the sudo - conversation in the start of post holds ground in our Industry. There are only a handful of tricks that our makers use to give that final push to the show. If it works, its great; if it didn't work, at least they tried all they could do.

Well although we would definitely suggest some new types of twist in our daily soaps, but these are not too bad either.  If done properly and correctly it suits the show and receives audiences love again.

So, better old school than innovative!!!! While you ponder about it and the shows above... we bid adieu, only to come back tomorrow for the next edition of our countdown post. till then Keep Watching, Keep Enjoying and Keep Reading!!! And yup don't forget to send across your Views, Reviews, Suggestions and Remarks.

Proud-India thumbnail

Replacements continue on prime time TV

Ano Patel,TNN | Dec 27, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
Share More
A
A
Replacements continue on prime time TV
Toral Rasputra

RELATED

Somethings don't change in the soapy world. Even as news of Karan Singh Grover being replaced from Qubool Hai does the rounds, he joins the list of actors/anchors who were routinely replaced from their respective TV shows at regular intervals through the year 2013. In shows like Balika Vadhu, Qubool Hai and Bade Achche Laggte Hain more than two characters were replaced! Even reality/reality fiction shows saw hosts being replaced. The end result, even the loyal audiences had a very tough time trying to keep track of which star finally clinched the 'replacement' role in this game of Russian roulette.

Who: Toral Rasputra replaced Pratyusha Banerjee as Anandi in Balika Vadhu
Total Run: Pratyusha was Anandi from July 2010-February 2013 and then Toral took over
Reason: Tired of playing the ideal bahu and due to health reasons, Pratyusha had wanted to leave the show for some time. The producers who were allegedly miff with her tantrums replaced her almost overnight!

Who: Rithvik Dhanjani replaced Vikrant Massey in October 2013 as the host in Yeh Hai Aashiqui
Total Run: Vikrant anchored the show from August-November 2013
Reason: Vikrant had a tough time straddling two shows " he was the second lead in Qubool Hai when he was approached to host Yeh Hai Aashiqui. Vikrant who wanted to pursue a career in Bollywood after Lootera quit the show.

Who: Puja Bose (Banerjee) replaced Sonarika Bhadoria and has been replaced by Sonarika again as Parvati in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev
Total Run: Sonarika played Parvati from July 2012-June 2013 and Puja played it between July-November 2013
Reason: Sonarika's starry tantrums saw her hasty exit from the show. But when her replacement Puja wanted to do Bengali films, Sonarika was wooed back with a fat pay cheque.

Who: Vikrant Massey replaced Rishabh Sinha as Ayaan in Qubool Hai
Total run: Rishabh played Ayan from October 2012-April 2013 and was replaced by Vikrant in May 2013
Reason: The curly-haired newbie actor has reportedly bagged the antagonist's role in a Subhash Ghai film. Rishabh's highhanded behaviour landed him a legal suit from the broadcaster and his exit from the show was a really nasty one!

Who: Sargun Mehta replaced Sriti Jha in November 2013 as Ganga in Balika Vadhu Total Run: Sriti played Ganga from January-November 2013 Reason: Sriti was rumoured to be "unhappy with the way" her character was shaping up as it was not apparently what was promised by the showmakers. Sriti had hoped her character would become the main lead after Pratyusha quit the show!

Who: Ravi Dubey replaced Mohit Malhotra as the host of India's Dancing Superstar Total Run: Mohit anchored the show between April-May 2013 after which Ravi took over and anchored the show from May-August 2013 Reason: Despite a huge female fan following, Mohit Malhotra was unable to strike a connect as an anchor of a reality show and had to be replaced by Ravi Dubey.

Who: Vrushika Mehta replaced Sneha Kapoor as Sharon in Dil Dosti Dance Total Run: Sneha played Sharon from April 2011-October 2012 Reason: The spunky Sneha Kapoor shot to fame as Sharon in Dil Dosti Dance, but was reportedly uncomfortable with her costumes and the intimate scenes she had to do and finally decided to quit the show.

Who: Dheeraj Dhoopar replaced Shoaib Ibrahim as Prem in Sasural Simar Ka Total Run: Shoaib played Prem between September 2011-March 2013 Reason: Shoaib stepped out of the popular saas-bahu saga after a fairly long stint with the show because he expressed his unhappiness with the track which didn't offer any prominence to the male leads.

Who: Sonia Balani replaced Fenil Umrigar as Pihu in Bade Acche Laggte Hain Total Run: Fenil played Pihu in September 2013 after which she was replaced by Sonia Reason: Barely a month after the much awaited leap of the show, newbie Fenil Umrigar who was essaying the role of the grown up Pihu was shown the door by Ekta Kapoor, because Fenil reportedly had reservations about playing a negative role so early in her career!
Proud-India thumbnail

2013's TV News makers

4/7
https://updateox.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Sonarika-Bhadoria-close-up.jpg
Sonarika Bhadoria, even the goddesses couldn't stay away from controversies: Sonarika Bhadoria struck gold with the portrayal of Parvati in Nikhil Sinha's mythological saga Devon Ke Dev Mahadev. The actress enacted the role of Parvati beautifully and has reached to a level from where she could see nothing else but soaring TRPs and the love of fans. However, owing to her continuous tantrums and unprofessional attitude, Sonarika was shown the door. Sonarika often complained about the star treatment that her co-star Mohit Raina (Lord Shiva) received. The production house did their bit to keep Sonarika happy however her growing tantrums left the production house with no other option but to replace her. 
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

"Rajbeer Singh seems to be very talented" - Mohit Raina

The handsome hunk Mohit Raina wishes luck to Rajbeer Singh on his upcoming show The Adventures of Hatim on Life OK.

Friday, December 27, 2013 | 3:36:08 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: india-forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   1 Comments  |  115 Views

The very popular Mohit Raina who has won the hearts of masses with his character inDevon Ke Dev. Mahadev feels that Rajbeer Singh has a lot of potential in him. He was impressed with Rajbeer's acting skills while watching the promo of the show The Adventures of Hatim.

Mohit says that Rajbeer looks promising on screen and is very talented, "Rajbeer seems to be very talented.  I have seen his work through the promos of The Adventures of Hatim and I feel he is doing very well."

Further he adds, "Two years back I was on the same stage and it's all because of the Mahadev team I have reached to this success. And I just want to say that Rajbeer is in very safe hands and he just has to be with them and follow them and he will reach the path towards success and glory."

Well Mohit, TellyBuzz wishes you all the very best for all your future endeavors.

Proud-India thumbnail

2013 HAS BEEN FANTASTIC'

Sunday, 29 December 2013 | Sangeeta Yadav

Mohit Raina who plays Mahadev on Like OK's show talks to SANGEETA YADAV about how this year has been for him and his show Devon Ke Dev Mahadev

How has 2013 been?

The year has been really good for me. This year, I played a lot of avatars in ...Mahadev. My favourite was Jallandhar where I got to play a negative character. It was quite challenging to play two characters " Mahadev and Jallandhar at the same time. I also received an award for Best Negative for Jallandhar. So, this year has been quite promising.

Has the show changed you as an actor?

Yes, definitely. Because I have played so many avatars, some Godly some human, in Devon ke Dev Mahadev, I have evolved as an actor. And because of that I have grown as a person as well.

Your reaction to your fame?

Honestly, I did not think about it. I was given a serious and responsible role to play. All I knew I had to put more than my 100 per cent for this. I shoot almost all seven days a week and try to give my best every single day. I will not say I am a big fan of the show, but I am a big fan of Lord Shiv.

What about fan following?

There are lots. Some have really surprised me a lot. I have realised people expect a lot from me. They have seen Shiva inside me. I have had people come to my door steps, my gym, on my sets seeking my blessings. These things surprise me. Once I was in Varanasi, a man in his mid 40s came to meet me from Jalandhar. He touched my feet and asked for blessings. I was stunned. I picked him and hugged him. He said he is blessed now. I think that was the most memorable moment in my life.    

What are you looking forward to in 2014?

I am looking forward to better in my character of Mahadev. I hope I receive the same amount of love and respect from my audience in the coming year as well.

Link:

http://www.dailypioneer.com/show-time/2013-has-been-fantastic.html

Proud-India thumbnail

Telly's Best Jodis of 2013

Okay!!!  So we are going down the memory lane one by one... but what is the need to recall the Best Couple?? Aren't most of them making to the New Year?

Well!!! yes off course they are tagging along with us, but it would be a total waste of going down the memory lane and not remembering what these couples have taught us.

Taught us???? Excuse me... What have these couple who are so much in love that everybody enjoys taking them apart and thus plot against them to teach us?

Think of it!! There is tons!!!

• How to fall in love at the first sight
  • Escape your feeling and love secretly but fight openly
  • How to stick together in thick and thin
  • How to fight like cats and dogs
  • How to forgive each other after a fight
  • How to walk in rain with a emotional song in the background when hurt by the other.

This is just the start of it... each couple teaches you almost same things in a different setup, so that the Permutation and combinations of your learning chances becomes large.

So, if you feel you have learned something just tag along to remember those learning and thank them for it. If you have missed the chance this year, remember to keep an eye on them for the next for a chance to have some romantic tips from them.

Aditya-Pankhuri (Pyaar Ka Dard Hai) - She was a blind believer in love and relationships, he hardly believes in anything. A perfect start for the opposite to attract... And attract they did and made a space directly into your hearts and our list.

Akbar-Jodha (Jodha-Akbar) - this blast from the past is no different from present. Two individuals are that busy hating each other and they don't realize when the hatred is converted into love.

Amit-Amita (Amita Ka Amit) - A chubby girl and a serious boy opting for an arranged marriage and finding love in it made a very sweet story and Chandni and Nishad looked really cute on-screen with their chirpy romance.

Arjun-Purvi (Pavitra Rishta) - They have taken the love from reel life to real life... not only sizzling the screens with their chemistry on the show, but also grooving on Nach Baliye's dance floor.

Asad-Zoya (Qubool Hai) - Same story... fell in love while fighting, these opposite attracted trouble for each other but amazing on screen chemistry for us.

Dhruv-Saanchi (Kehta Hai Dil..Jee Le Zara) - we wondered how this elder woman-young boy love story would blossom, but the way the two have made their entrance in the viewers' heart, we give them full points.

Jagya-Ganga (Balika Vadhu) - Shashank Vyas is one happy man who got to romance multiple girls on-screen and due to this habit... it took barely any time for him to set the tuning with Sargun on Sriti's replacement as ganga.

Jetha-Daya (Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah) - They might not be the usual lovey-dovey couple on TV, but they are the epitome of married couples who stand by their partner forgoing their negative sides and accepting and loving them till death do them apart.

Juju-Jeannie (Jeannie Aur Juju) - This is a cute fairy tale that is more of a friendly one that mushy affair.

Mahadev-Parvati (Mahadev) - They are a pair made by the Gods. Mohit Raina and Pooja Bose looked heavenly portraying these characters.

Naitik-Akshara (Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai) - They have been here for five years and are still one of the best pairs on-screen. Karan Mehra and Hina Khan epitomized the bonding of an arranged married couple happily married with a kid in the soap, the couple has stood by each other through thick and thin.

Ram-Priya (Bade Achhe Lagte Hain) - They are talented and have been around for quite some time now and with a show focused on their love story, their chemistry came forward really well. This aged couple has now got teenager kids on-screen but their love story still is one to look forward to.

RK-Madhu (Madhubala) - One superstar, the other a common girl. Both the actors took the characters to a different level with their awesome performance and a very spicy chemistry.

Saras-Kumud (Saraswatichandra) - They both are so good looking together that you will want them to be together forever and ever.

Shiv-Anandi (Balika Vadhu) - Their relationship is a mature one with both of them not just accepting each other as partners but also the families making them the perfect Indian man and woman.

Sooraj-Sandhya (Diya Aur Baati Hum) -An uneducated husband fighting against his family and the society to help his wife become an IPS officer has made Anas Rashid and Deepika Singh the most sought out couple in the TV shows. Their clean and pure love story has evolved and now the viewers are getting to see some mushiness in them too (Thankfully!).

Swayam-Sharon (Dil Dosti Dance) - They have a love-hate relation that has become strong with them bonding over their only identical passion-dance.

Well!!! Off course this is not the end. With every story somehow revolving around a couple... there are more couples worth learning from, but we have compiled a small list for your ease.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Bollywood Stars who bedazzled the small screen in 2013!

Anil Kapoor has paved the way for Bollywood actors to act in fiction shows on television thus blurring the lines between films and TV even further...

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 | 3:04:33 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: india-forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   13 Comments  |  2208 Views

When Amitabh Bachchan made his debut on the small screen in 2000 with Kaun Banega Crorepati, television stopped being the poor country cousin of Bollywood. Since then, other biggies like Shah Rukh KhanSalman KhanAamir KhanPriyanka Chopra and many more have hosted many shows but they have still avoided fiction and participating in reality shows with a barge pole. But that changed in 2013 with Bollywoodians, big and small, making their debuts in television in fiction and reality shows. Here's a list...

Anil Kapoor seems to have done for fiction withColors' 24 what AB did 13 years ago with KBC. The reprise of the international show by the same name had Anil himself playing the role of Jack Bauer but also saw other Bollywood actors likeShabana Azmi, Rahul KhannaRicha Chadda andAnita Raaj acting in the same show.

Mallika Sherawat went hunting for a beau in Life OK's The Bachelorette India - Mere Khayalon Ki Mallika the adaptation of The Bachelorette and had young hopefuls making a beeline to be the one' for her.

Shilpa Shirodkar was quite the hot property in Bollywood in the 1990s, after which she chose matrimonial bliss over a career and moved to London. Now 13 years later, she is back as Kamla Bai in Zee TV's Ek Mutthi Aasmaan.

Ruslaan Mumtaz gave fame a shot on the big screen with films like MP3: Mera Pehla Pehla Pyaar, Dangerous Ishq, I Don't Luv U, etc. And now he is wowing the audiences as Dhruv Goel in Sony TV's Kehta Hai Dil... Jee Le Zara oppositeSangeeta Ghosh.

Rahul Dev played a demon in Life OK's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev while Jugal Hansraj was seen in an episode of UTV Bindaas's Yeh Hai AashiquiEkta Kapoor's Ek Thhi Naayka on Life OK had Konkona Sen Sharma and Huma Qureshi making guest appearances for the promotional show for Ekta's film Ek Thi Daayan. Actress Amrita Rao's sister, Preetika Rao, though not a Bollywood actor but a name to reckon with in the South Indian film industry has debuted with Colors' Beintehaan. From the looks of it, 2014 will also continue having Bollywood stars dazzling on the small screen with Amitabh Bachchan and wife Jaya Bachchan giving a nod to separate fictions shows. 

Dhaval Roy