Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Vishal Kotian soon to produce a new show on SAB TV!

Actor turned producer Vishal Kotian is gearing up with his new show on SAB TV, which will hit the tube by this year end.

Friday, October 04, 2013 | 6:30:55 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: www.india-forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   1 Comments  |  1665 Views

The very talented actor Vishal Kotian, who is presently a part of the popular mythological show Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev, essaying the coveted role of Lord Hanuman is gearing up with his new project.

The handsome actor who has also turned a producer has already tried his hands in the production world with his debut show 'Tedhe Medhe Hain Par Tere Mere Hain' on SAB TV. Adding more to the list, Vishal's production house, named Drama Queen Company is all set to explore a new dimension of comedy.

Says our source, "Yes, you heard it right! Vishal's upcoming new venture is a comedy show, which will air on SAB TV. Vishal is not only producing it, but will also act in the same show."

When contacted the actor-cum-producer Vishal, he confirms, "Yes, my production house is working on a new show. Basically, it's going to be a comedy based show, which will air onSAB TV, respectively."

On being asked to divulge some more details about his new show, Vishal tried not to disclose much about it. He says, "At present, I can only say that it's a very good comedy-centric show about kids and elders. Since the show will be featured on SAB TV, it will maintain its notion of only smiles and no tears!"

Furthermore, when quizzed Vishal about the name of the show, he refused to reveal the name at this early stage. "It's too early to announce the name of the show. However, all I can say is it's going to be a daily show and will most probably go on air by December this year", concluded Vishal.

We at TellyBuzz, wish Vishal and his production house all the good luck for his future endeavors!

Monica Varma

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

If our Telly town actresses are given the power of Goddess Durga?

On the auspicious occasion of Navratri, TellyBuzz got in touch with the leading ladies of our Telly land to find out what evil would they want to eliminate from the society if facilitated with the power of Goddess Durga!

Saturday, October 05, 2013 | 1:10:48 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: www.india-forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   11 Comments  |  715 Views

As the festival of Navratri has arrived, which is celebrated more joy and enthusiasm in India; we honor the divine Shakti of Goddess Durga and look up to her for blessings, guidance and enlightenment. Each set of nights also corresponds with a particular spiritual goal and task. 

Therefore, on the much-awaited onset of Navratri festival, TellyBuzz got in touch with the leading ladies of Telly town and quizzed them on...

If they had the power of Durga- the Goddess of Shakti for a day, what evil would they want to eliminate and why?

Pooja Gor- presently seen as a host of Savdhaan India @11 on Life OK.

"There are too many evils in our society that you can't even count them on fingers. Yet, one evil that needs to be eradicated from its roots is illiteracy. I believe every individual needs to be literate, as illiteracy is the root cause of all the problems prevailing in the society. In fact, if you remember, this is the first thing we learnt in Social studies in school. Hence, if I get the power of Goddess Durga, I would like to team up with Saraswati and Laxmi to bless the society."

Chhavi Pandey- presently seen as Tara in Ek Boond Ishq on Life OK.

"If I'm provided with the command of Maa Durga in real life, I would want to eliminate rapists from the society because they are the biggest devil existing on the earth at present and therefore, women are not safe anywhere. In fact, I would punish them in the worst ever way! Just like Goddess Durga vanquished the demons and gained victory over the evil, in a similar way, rapists are no less than demons. Thus, I strongly desire to eradicate this particular evil from our society and let the woman lead a secure life."

Giaa Manek- presently essaying the character of Jeannie in Jeannie Aur Juju on SAB TV

"If ever given the power of Goddess Durga, I would want to abolish the feeling of insecurity in everyday life. In addition to this, I would also eradicate all the devil thoughts brewing in human mind and facilitate the females with the same opportunities that males have in our society. Lastly, I would also ensure safety and security for women as a human being."

Shrenu Parikh- presently seen as Aastha in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon... Ek Baar Phir on Star Plus

"I would want to eliminate the evil of fear'. By this I mean, fear of losing and fear of weakness. I would also like to remove the fear of cockroaches from myself so that I can face life and be stronger!" (Laughs)

Rubina Dilaik- presently essaying the character of Sita in Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev on Life OK

"If blessed with the power of Durga, I would eliminate ego' from everyone's heart because only then true and unconditional love will permeate!"

Aashka Goradia- seen as Maharani Deer Bhai Bhatayani in Bharat Ka Veer Putra - Maharana Paratap on Sony TV.

"If I had Durga Ma's power then, I would kill the germ of not valuing life in total. It would actually be an endless list but still, I would kill human germs, that's all I know"

Shruti Seth- presently seen as a host of Comedy Circus Ke Mahabali on Sony TV.

"If I had the power of Durga- the Goddess of Shakti for a day, I would definitely eliminate disrespect towards human life and nature, because to disrespect life is to abandon God himself."

Ragini Khanna- last seen as a host of India's Best Dramebaaz on Zee TV.

"If given the supremacy to eliminate evil from this world, I would want to change the mentality of thinking of women as mere objects. Also, I would like to infuse some sensitivity in people who are insensitive towards others."

Aakanksha Singh- fame of Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha as Megha on Colors.

"If I had the power of Durga, I would definitely eliminate the crime against women, their exploitation, social evils like rape, dowry and other issues. I believe that the divine Maa Durga exists in every woman, who creates, sustains and destroys the universe; the only thing is just to realize is the power. And I don't think I really need to give reason for this, because with the present state of the country, everybody knows the reason very well."

Chitrashi Rawat- last seen as Jwalamukhi Chautala inF.I.R on SAB TV.

"Rather than eliminating, I would want to have the power to give away everyone a compassionate heart, peace of mind and a happy soul."

Sneha Wagh- presently seen as Ratan in Veera on Star Plus.

"If I had the power of Durga, I would not want it just for a day but for a long time because just one day will not be enough to wipe out all the evil and immorality existing in our society. First thing first, I would love to change the minds of a few people and inculcate some sense of righteousness in them. I believe that evil is not evil; it's all in our mind. Even Ravan was a good human being; however, his thoughts made him turn into an evil. So, I want to eliminate the devil thoughts in human minds."

With Goddess Durga's blessings and her petrifying avataar, we hope that the sins get eradicated at the earliest. On this auspicious day, Tellybuzz wishes you a very Happy Navratri and Durgashtami!!

Monica Varma

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Manav Gohil believes in 'sticking around'

Right from his earlier shows like 'Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki' and 'Kasauti Zindagii Kay' to his more recent shows like "The Buddy Project" and 'Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev', actor Manav Gohil feels that it is important to stick to TV to get plum roles.

Saturday, October 05, 2013 | 1:08:04 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   4 Comments  |  1031 Views

Right from his earlier shows like 'Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki' and 'Kasauti Zindagii Kay' to his more recent shows like 'The Buddy Project Season 2 - Now in College' and 'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev', actor Manav Gohil has learnt that it is important to "stick around" in showbiz to get plum roles.

"I think everyone evolves in accordance to their own potential. The idea is to stick around. As an actor, you see the best of times and there are also lulls in your career. The idea is to sustain yourself in the industry and keep working," Manav told on phone from Mumbai.

After being a part of shows like 'Kkusum', 'Kahani Terri Merri', 'Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo', he feels novelty in performance helps an actor grow.

"The only way to get drained out, tired, worn out would be not to grow everyday. It is not that I haven't played emotions like anger before. It is all about how differently I do it each time," he said.

Even after spending more than a decade in the TV industry, Manav still looks forward to acting everyday.

"It is all about what keeps me challenged and going. I look forward to working each day," he said.

"Everything about me, my Hindi, the way I look, the way I have groomed myself, my speech, dialogue delivery, has evolved over the years. As an actor, you are constantly working on yourself. I guess all actors go through this," he said.

The 39-year-old says a lot of factors have to work in his favor before he decides to take on a role.

"There are a lot of things which have to work. I have to work for the character and the character has to work for me. Then, the finances and the creatives have to work," he said.

The actor also attributes many of his roles to destiny.

"It's not that I reject some shows. I feel that some roles are meant to be. They fall into your lap effortlessly and everything works towards it. I am fortunate that I have got to play unique and different characters," said the actor, who is currently seen in Zee TV show 'Khelti Hai Zindagi Aankh Micholi'.

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Mohit Raina's look - alike in The Bachelorette India

Mohit Raina's look - alike in The Bachelorette India
Karan Sagoo
Rumours were rife of Mohit Raina being approached to enter as the wild card entrant on Life OK's The Bachelorette India with Mallika Sherawat.

However, the latest on the show is that not Mohit Raina but a Mohit Raina look - alike Karan Sagoo who will battle it out with the other contestants to win over Mallika.

A source says, "Yes we had approached Mohit Raina to be a part of the show, however things have not worked out. We have Karan Sagoo as one of the best contenders in The Bachelorette India. Karan has an uncanny resemblance to Mohit Raina. In fact when we first saw Karan, we mistook him for Mohit Raina. Karan is an NRI from London and is a model by profession. "Will Karan Sagoo prove to be Mallika Sherawat's Mohit Raina on The Bachelorette India? Only time will tell!
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Pooja Bose becomes Pooja Banerjee!

Even as everyone around is confused about why the actress has changed her surname and gone back to her maiden name recently, we try to find out the reason behind it and were left confused ourselves!

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 | 2:18:39 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   0 Comments  |  1136 Views

Yesterday was the launch of Govinda's new music album 'Gori Tere Naina'. The very well known Parvati of Nikhil Sinha's popular mythological show Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev a.k.aPooja Bose, also features in the album opposite senior Bollywood actor Govinda.

The invite caught us by surprise as we saw the surname change of the light eyed beautiful actress Pooja. For so many years now, she wrote her name as Pooja Bose and out of the blue there was a new surname Banerjee attached to her name. Even as we tried to get in touch with her we googled on the internet and on the most searched site Wikipedia, we saw her profile in the name of Pooja Bose. Our curiosity got the better of us and we tried to unearth the true story behind the surname change.

With a little bit of snooping around we got to know that Pooja Bose is a divorcee and hence now writes her name as Pooja Banerjee.

To know more about the whole story, we asked our reliable source who told us further, "Pooja Bose got married to a Bengali boy at a very young age of 20 years. But sadly the marriage did not work for long... in fact they were together for only one and half years. She divorced her husband soon thereafter."

"It has been around 4 to 5 years now that she has got divorced. The reason of her getting divorced is that her husband was totally dependent on her for all his needs and did not work at all. He also used to abuse her very much and hence she had to take the tough decision of ending the marriage and getting a divorce from him," concludes the source. 

Seems like Pooja took a serious interest in her career after the divorce since she got her major break in the television industry in 2008 with Ekta Kapoor's Balaji Telefilms mythological show Kahaani Humaaray Mahabharat Ki. After this she went on to do TV shows like Tujh Sang Preet Lagayi Sajana and Sarvagunn Sampana while also making her mark in Bengali and Telugu movies. 

While it is deeply saddening to know that the pretty actress was a victim of domestic violence it is surprising as to why she has not spoken about it till now.  

When we finally got in touch with Pooja to clear our doubts she had her own reasons for the name change, "Pooja Bose was just my screen name. It proved lucky for me and I kept using it for a long time."

"Somebody on the Wikipedia page has also mistakenly written my name as Pooja Bose. There are many actors who use screen names like Akshay Kumar, Govinda and many others, so even I used my screen name for a long time and people started knowing me as Pooja Bose."

When we asked her about her marital status she completely denied being a divorcee, "I was never married in the first place so how can I be a divorcee? These are all baseless rumors. Some years back too a television based website had reported that I had got married to my co-actor Kunal Verma and underneath the entire story they wrote that it was an April fool stint!"

Well, after these two absolutely contrasting stories, we wonder what is the truth! Earlier too there have had actors who have denied or hidden their love life and marriage but have had to speak about it when the truth is unveiled. 

Whatever be the case, Pooja has been doing a fantastic job in her career and we wish her all the very best for a wonderful life.

Krishma Solanki.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Devon Ke Dev Mahadev to go off air in December?

Vijaya Tiwari & Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Oct 9, 2013, 12.50 PM IST

All good things comes to an end for a new beginning.

If sources are to be believed than the time has come for Mahadev to bid adieu. Yes! We are talking about Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev. The show ruled millions of hearts over a year.

Undoubtedly the show, produced by Triangle Film Company has set a bench mark in Indian Television with its larger than life narration and visuals. It can be also said that Mahadev has given a new horizon to small screen.

"Mahadev will probably go off air in the month of December. Earlier the makers were contemplating on the closure of the show. However, with constant dipping TVTs and no attractive story to narrate it has been decided that the show will be pulled off air by end of 2013.," said a source.

We too hear that Mahadev's time slot will be given to producer Nikhil Sinha as the maker is all set to bring in another show apart fromGanesh Leela and Hatimwhich are bi-weekly.

Mahadev is on air since Life OK's conception and it will definitely be painful for the channel and the makers to bid adieu to their child. But as said by Ajit Thakur in an interview, that if any of the Life OK show goes off air but still has a huge fan following, it will be brought back on public demand.

Now that we are talking about Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev, we cannot forget Mohit Raina, the face behind Mahadev. The actor with his convincing performance has created a huge fan list for the show.

When contacted, Nikhil Sinha, the producer of Mahadev, said, " That's not true. The show was going through a dip few months a ago. But now Mahadev is back in action and hope it rules for another one year."

But that's not the end for Triangle Film Company and Life OK as they both will continue to treat their loyal audiences with an aspiring show, 'Hatim'.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Dusshera Special Maha Episode Of Devon Ke Dev Mahadev

It's Seems  That Life OK's  Popular Show Mahadev Is Going In The Fast Forward Mode, It Was Not A Month Ago That Ramayan Track Was Started In The Show But Ramayan Track Couldn't Do Well In The TRP Chart So The Maker Had To Change Their Plan & Sidelined The Track & Continue With Mahadev (Shiv Story) Track..

If We Talk About The Viewers They Might have Forgotten About The Ramayan Track Which Was Supposed To Run In A Parallel Manner But Due To Low TVT (TRP) Makers Only Run Mahadev Part & Introduce   Agori-Ma Kali Track, But This Time Also Things Doesn't Go With Mahadev As The Popular Show Continue To Dip In TVT Chart...

Now Maker Has Decided To Pull Off Ramayan Track Very Soon & They Had Choosen The Best Day -Dusshera , In This Dusshera Mahadev Will Have It's Dusshera Special Maha Episode On 13th Of October Where Lord Ram Will Kill Ravan... Although In The Main Story Line Ram along with Sita and Lakshman leaves Ayodhya and goes into exile for 14 Years  & Than Agori-Kaali Track Was Introduce ,Which Will End On 11th October.So Just  In 13th October They Will Show Ravan Wadh As A Dusshera Special Maha Episode.

But There Are Also The News Spreading Around That Due To Deeping TVT The Show Might Face Axed This Year...

http://tellynewsindia.wordpress.com/2013/10/09/dusshera-special-maha-episode-of-devon-ke-dev-mahadev/

Proud-India thumbnail

Mohit Raina: Mallika Sherawat? No Thanks!

Subhash K Jha

Indian television's most popular resident-deity Mohit Raina is amused and a bit exasperated by reports that he was expected to join Mallika Sherawat as one of her prospective husbands on her show The Bachelorette India. Mohit vehemently denies any ambitions of holding a spousal status in Ms Sherawat's life. "No, not true at all. There was never any question of my being on this show. How could I do something of that sort when I have my Mahadev's image to uphold? It sounds like a PR exercise. Till Mahadev is there in my life I won't be attempting anything else. I am not looking for a change of image."
As for this screen Shiva finding a real-life Parvati, Mohit shrugs. "I am still single. I guess no one wants to be with God. As soon as I revert to being a human being I think it will be easier for me to find a soul-mate. Or else I'd have to find a Goddess soon." Mohit's hands are full with playing Lord Shiva on his very popular show Devon Ke Dev Mahadev which has been on air for two years and shows no signs of wrapping up. The actor is very careful about his public conduct. "I've been given a role and a responsibility. It is good to be recognised as the face of Mahadev among people, so much so that when another mythological serial Mahabharat went on air they insisted that I play Mahadev in the serial for a day. I guess they couldn't imagine anyone else playing the role. They didn't want to take a chance. But no more Shiva roles for me, thank you." Mohit reveals he wanted to play Karan in Mahabharat. "But they didn't let me. They said I've to play Mahadev's role. I happily agreed. I've Mahadev's blessing."
Lately, Mohit feels a change in the way audiences perceive him. "To an extent people have now begun to see that I am not Lord Shiva. That I am an actor playing the role with sincerity and conviction. This happened because of a negative character born out of Shiva in the story. This character gave my image a more human angle. People saw there was a lot of acting skills involved. Earlier they used to fall at my feet as though I was God. Now they feel I play God effectively, which to me is a more satisfying perception than the blind idolisation I encountered earlier."
" Subhash K Jha

Published Date:  Oct 12, 2013

Proud-India thumbnail
Jammu Dairy 
Life OK's Mohit Raina in Jammu on Oct 20

Jammu Oct 10
Famous Television Star Mohit Raina (Devon Ke Dev Mahadev of Life OK) is going to be a part of programme being organised by Indian Council for Cultural Relations, Jammu on 20th of October, 2013 at General Zorawar Singh Auditorium, University of Jammu. 
This was disclosed here today by Balwant Thakur, Regional Director, ICCR, Jammu in a press briefing which was held at the ICCR's regional office. Giving details of the programme, Balwant Thakur said the ICCR in association with Maharaja Gulab Singh Memorial Trust is organising a programme to celebrate the birth anniversary of Maharaja Gulab Singh. Dr. Karan Singh, President Indian Council for Cultural Relations will preside over the programme. In addition to the appearance of the famous Television Star Mohit Raina on stage who is being conferred the Maharaja Gulab Singh Memorial Award-2013, a musical play (Opera) on the life of Maharaja Gulab Singh will also be staged on the occasion. Being performed by the professional artists, this is going to be for the first time that a play is being presented to mark the 221 Birth day Celebrations of Maharaja Gulab Singh. The entry to the function will be through Invitation cards and Balwant Thakur advised that all those interested may collect Invitation Cards from the office of ICCR, Jammu. For more details the interested may contact ICCR Jammu- 0191-2555736.
Through the presentation of the musical play with over fifty performers on stage an effort is being made to educate the younger generation about one of the few historical legacies the India could genuinely proud of i.e., Maharaja Gulab Singh whose sagacity, achievements and contributions unfortunately remained buried in the debris of British and Indian archives.Read More

http://youngbites.in/newsdet.aspx?q=60114
Proud-India thumbnail

Lagaan actor to enter Devon Ke Dev Mahadev

Lagaan actor to enter Devon Ke Dev Mahadev
Rajesh Vivek
Traingle Film Company's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev on Life OK is back to the number one position on the channel with impressive TVT numbers and with this it's time to welcome yet another interesting character on the show.

After Sudesh Berry's double role avatar, the show will now witness the entry of 'Lagaan' fame actor Rajesh Vivek.

Sources inform that Rajesh Vivek who has done many Bollywood films like Lagaan, Swades, Jodha Akbar will be seen in the role of Yelokoti. He will be seen sporting the same look that he had in the Oscar nominated film 'Lagaan'.

When contacted, Rajesh Vivek remained unavailable for comments.