\|/ :: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev- Article Archive :: \|/ - Page 52

Posted: 10 years ago

Mahadev To Be Seen In Mahabharat On 24th September.

In a first of its kind move, a popular mythological character will be seen on another! Life Ok's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev (Mohit Raina) who has taken the nation by a storm, garnering popularity as one of the most popular mythological characters of recent times, will soon be seen on STAR Plus' biggest launch of the year - Mahabharat! With larger than life marketing initiatives and exquisite promos, Mahabharat has already become the talk of the town! The show also stands tall boasting of - Salim Khan, Devdutt Patnaik, Ismail Durbar, Ajay - Atul, Oumang Kumar, Bhanu Athaiya amongst others who form the list of the best talent in the industry coming together to make the show an Epic in its true sense.

He will appear at behest of the Holy Ganga's to stop the war and will be seen showering Amba (Ratan Rajput) with his blessings! 

The team at Mahabharat was delighted to have the charming Mahadev on set and hope his luck rubs off positively on them as well, granting the show much success! With great actors already part of this epic, Mahadev's entry is sure to enhance the storyline and attract his fans as well.

This is not all, Mahadev will be seen in a couple more episodes in the future too! Now with the coming together of two mighty shows Mahadev and Mahabharat, viewers can expect nothing but an entertainment explosion on Star Plus.

Watch this special episode of Mahabharat this September 24th, Tuesday at 08:30 PM only on STAR PLUS.

http://tellynewsindia.wordpress.com/2013/09/19/mahadev-to-be-seen-in-mahabharat-on-24th-september/

Mohit Raina to enter 'Mahabharat' as Mahadev

Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Sep 19, 2013, 04.57 PM IST
Mohit Raina to enter 'Mahabharat' as Mahadev
Mohit Raina
Swastik Production's Mahabharat has started off this week with much needed pomp and it seems like it has already impressed the audiences with the start.

Furthermore, the maker ( Siddharth Tewary) is not leaving any stone unturned to make his dream project a big hit. Accordingly, he has planned to bring in Mohit Raina, who has won millions of hearts as Mahadev, in the upcoming episodes of the show.

Yes! You read it right. Mohit Raina's celebrated character of Lord Mahadev will be seen in Star Plus' magnum opus show. How? Read on.

Mahadev (Mohit Raina) will appear at behest of the Holy Ganga to stop the upcoming war and will be seen showering Amba ( Ratan Rajput) with his blessings! Mahadev will be seen in a couple more episodes in the future too!

When contacted, Mohit confirmed the news, " Yes, I will be seen as Mahadev in Mahabharat. I shot with them for a day and it was a great experience." This particular episode is expected to go on air on 24 September.

Mahadev's entry is sure to enhance the storyline and attract his fans as well.

Gujarat shines on prime time TV
Manav Gohil More Pics
If you thought Gujaratis were only blessed with smart business acumen then you can think again. Some youngsters from the state are making an impact with their impressive performances in starring roles in Hindi entertainment television and have become household names overnight.

Barodians Shrenu Parikh and Avinash Sachdev are paired opposite each other in the rom-comIss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Ek Baar Phir and fellow Barodian Aanshul Trivedi is the antagonist in Saraswatichandra, Jamnagar's Nishad Vaidya is the male lead in the Amita Ka Amit, Navsari's Jay Soni will reprise his old role in the second season of Sanskaar: Dharohar Apnon Ki, Vadodara's Manav Gohil is playing important roles in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev and Khelti Hai Zindagi Aankh Micholi,Amdavad's Shiny Doshi is playing the second lead inSaraswatichandra, Sheetal Shah is the kick ass female cop in Har Yug Mein Ayega Ek Arjun and Vrushika Mehta is the snooty Sharon in Dil Dosti Dance. 

So what do showmakers/channel heads feel about the current crop of actors from Gujarat who seem to figure in most viewed daily soaps? Producer Sunjoy Wadhwa of IPKKND Ek Baar Phir says, "Gujarati and Marathi theatre are very rich in terms of literature. Plus, Gujarati theatre also offers a platform for aspiring actors. So, actors from Gujarat have exposure to a rich cultural heritage and come with prior acting experience which makes it easier for them to slip into roles and gives them an edge." 

For some actors, starting their career on the tube with a show based on Gujaratis makes it simpler for them to showcase their talent. Nishad Vaidya says, "I am thankful that my first show portrays me as a Gujarati, it's simplified things for me. But I could have done justice to any other role because I am very hard working. As an actor, the challenge is to keep audiences hooked." Aanshul Trivedi says, "Playing an antagonist has been a great experience because there are a lot of layers to my character and I can push myself." 

With shining stars from the state grabbing a significant amount of screen time/space in the prime time slot, it's celebration time for us! 

Who: Shrenu Parikh Lead in Ipkknd Ek Baar Phir Last seen in Byaah Humari Bahoo Ka, the petite Barodian beauty is now reprising the role that Sanaya Irani had immortalised in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? So you have Shrenu as the spunky, giggly young woman who's the proverbial do-gooder. No prizes for guessing, she's also managed to antagonise the hero in the process until he falls for her! 

Who: Manav Gohil 
Aantagonist in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev & second lead in Khelti Hai Zindagi Aankh MicholiBarodian Manav Gohil is now playing the antagonist in Devon Ke... and has also been pencilled in as the second lead in the newly launched Khelti Hai... 

Who: Nishad Vaidya Lead in Amita Ka Amit For Jamnagar's Nishad, acting was a childhood dream. After a mandatory period of struggle, Nishad made his debut on telly in the daily soap,Amita Ka Amit, where he plays the unsmiling young tycoon forced in an arranged marriage and the story revolves around his love story with his wife. 

Who: Vrushika Mehta Lead in Dil Dosti Dance Amdavadi Vrushika Mehta was on cloud nine when she was selected after a countrywide audition to step into Sneha Kapoor's shoes as Sharon. With an unwavering passion for dance, this was the apt way for her to make her telly debut. 

Who: Avinash Sachdev Lead in Ipkknd Ek Baar Phir Stepping into Barun Sobti's gigantic shoes in the sequel of IPKKND was not easy for Vadodara's Avinash Sachdev, but he's doing an impressive turn as the mean, cold-hearted tycoon Shlok Agnihotri. If he can also create some chemistry with Shrenu and amp up the show's TVT, then life will be smoother. 

Who: Sheetal Shah Lead in arjun The Amdavadi model and classical dancer has done episodics and cameos on TV before, but it's her kick-butt role of the female super cop Ayesha in Har Yug Mein Ayega Ek Arjun that's pushed her into telly's big league.      

Mahadev to appear in 'Mahabharat'

The character of Mahadev from popular mythological show 'Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev' will soon make an appearance in the new mythological drama 'Mahabharat'

September 20, 2013

This is the first time that a mythological character from one show will be seen in another.

Mohit Raina as Mahadev in 'Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev'
Mohit Raina as Mahadev in 'Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev'

Mahadev, essayed by TV actor Mohit Raina, will be seen at the end of a catastrophic war between Bheeshm (Arav Chaudhary) and Parshuram (Puneet Issar) in 'Mahabharat'. He will appear at Holy Ganga's behest to stop the war, and he will be seen showering his blessings on Amba (Ratan Rajput), read a statement from Life OK.

The actor will make more appearances in the 'Mahabharat', which is showcased on Star Plus, in future too.

With exotic locations and intriguing graphics, 'Mahabharat' has already become the talk of the town. The show also features Samir Dharmadhikari as Shantanu, Shayantani Ghosh as Satyavati, Arpit Ranka as Duryodhan, Praneet Bhatt as Shakuni, Saurabh Jain as Krishna, and Pooja Sharma as Draupadi.

The special episode will feature on 'Mahabharat' on September 24.

Mahadev to appear in 'Mahabharat'

The character of Mahadev from popular mythological show "Devon Ka Dev... Mahadev" will soon make an appearance in the new mythological drama "Mahabharat".

Friday, September 20, 2013 | 11:20:05 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   1 Comments  |  104 Views

The character of Mahadev from popular mythological show "Devon Ka Dev... Mahadev" will soon make an appearance in the new mythological drama "Mahabharat".

This is the first time that a mythological character from one show will be seen in another.

Mahadev, essayed by TV actor Mohit Raina, will be seen at the end of a catastrophic war between Bheeshm (Arav Chaudhary) and Parshuram (Puneet Issar) in "Mahabharat". He will appear at Holy Ganga's behest to stop the war, and he will be seen showering his blessings on Amba (Ratan Rajput), read a statement from Life OK.

The actor will make more appearances in the "Mahabharat", which is showcased on Star Plus, in future too.

With exotic locations and intriguing graphics, "Mahabharat" has already become the talk of the town. The show also features Samir Dharmadhikari as Shantanu, Shayantani Ghosh as Satyavati, Arpit Ranka as Duryodhan, Praneet Bhatt as Shakuni, Saurabh Jain as Krishna, andPooja Sharma as Draupadi.

The special episode will feature on "Mahabharat" Sep 24.

Mohit Raina in Mahabharat

Home  Tinsel News  Star Plus  Mohit Raina in Mahabharat
Date: 21st September 2013

Mahadev to be seen in Mahabharat!

For the first time ever, a popular mythological character will be seen on another show! Life Ok'sMahadev (Mohit Raina) who has taken the nation by storm and become the nation's most popular mythological character will soon be seen on STAR Plus' biggest launch of the year -Mahabharat! With larger than life marketing initiatives and exquisite promos, Mahabharat has already become the talk of the town! The show stands tall, taking in some of the best talent in the industry - Salim Khan, Devdutt Patnaik, Ismail Durbar, Ajay - Atul, Oumang Kumar, Bhanu Athaiya amongst others who come together to make the show an Epic in its true sense.

For those who know the epic, Mahadev will be seen at the end of a catastrophic war between Bheeshm (Arav Chaudhary) & Parshuram (Puneet Issar). He will appear at the behest of the Holy Ganga to stop the war and will be seen showering Amba (Ratan Rajput) with his blessings!

The team at Mahabharat was delighted to have the charming Mahadev on their set and hope his luck rubs off positively on them as well, granting the show much success! With great actors already part of this epic, Mahadev's entry is sure to enhance the storyline and attract his fans as well.

Mahadev will also be seen in a couple more episodes in the future! With the two mighty shows joining hands...viewers can expect nothing but an entertainment explosion on Star Plus.

Watch this special episode of Mahabharat on September 24th, Tuesday at 8:30 PM only on STAR PLUS.

TV actors build skills for TRPs
Stuti Agrawal, TNN | Sep 20, 2013, 12.23 AM IST

TV actors build skills for TRPs
Shaheer Sheikh as Arjun

Grand canvas. Illustrious characters. Regal affair. Mythological and historical shows are here to rule the small screen and garner TRPs like no other. But making this 'blast from the past' look convincing is no mean feat, say myth merchants. Not only do the actors need to work on their physique, dialect and body language, it's increasingly becoming important for them to pick up skills like horse-riding, elephant taming, archery and sword fighting et al. We go beyond the reel to find out how hard work is paying off in real. 

Name: Shaheer Sheikh 
Show: Mahabharat 
Character: Arjun
Skills: Ancient weaponry 
Talk back: I've learnt ancient ways of combat like cane fighting. I'm also honing my skills in archery, horse-riding and sword fighting. Since I studied in a Urdu medium school, I've trained under a Hindi teacher for diction. It was important as I need to be comfortable while delivering the lines. 

Name: Mohit Raina 
Show: Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev 
Character: Mahadev 
Skills: Kathak
Talk back: I'm a trained dancer, but I had to learn Kathak since tandavinvolves this form of dance. Indian classical dance is very difficult and happens to be different from jive and hip hop, which I had learnt in the past. Learning Kathak has been a whole new experience. 

Name: Rohit Bharadwaj 
Show: Mahabharat 
Character: Yudhisthir 
Skills: Throwing spears 
Talk back: I've picked up acrobatics apart from learning to throw spears. Action director Anand Shetty showed us some skills. Once, while riding a horse, I fell off and hurt myself badly. I've been a theatre actor and wouldn't go to the gym as it restricts movement. But now, I've started hitting the gym to build the physique required for Yudhisthir. 

Name: Faisal Khan 
Show: Bharat Ka Veer Putra " Maharana Pratap 
Character: Maharana Pratap 
Skills: Horse-riding 
Talk back: This is my first show, so I had to start from the basics, working on both acting and body language. I did workshops on language training, horse-riding and sword fighting. Initially, I was very scared of riding a horse, but now I can do so with a considerable speed. It's been a good learning experience. 

Name: Krip Suri 
Show: Savitri 
Character: Rahukaal 
Skills: Sword fighting 
Talk back: Twenty five days before the shoot, I picked up sword fighting. I would practise for three hours daily. We started with sticks, moved to wooden swords and finally, took to original swords weighing around five kilos. But I haven't injured myself or my opponent, thanks to the rigorous training. I also did weight training for four months. 

Name: Charu Shankar 
Show: Malikaa 
Character: Mehrunissa
Skills: Archery
Talk back: Since Mehrunissa is a proficient archer, my co-actor Karanvir Sharma and I had to practise archery every day. Also, I went to the National Museum in Delhi to see paintings from the Mughal era just to get acquainted with Mehrunissa's world. While shooting in Bikaner, I dabbled in horse-riding, which I had learnt as a youngster. 

Name: Rishabh Sharma 
Show: Jai Jai Jai Bajrangbali 
Character: Bal Hanuman 
Skills: Archery
Talk back: To master the way Hanumanji walks, talks and fights, I had to go through various workshops and training modules. Being Hanuman, I require to 'fly' in a lot of scenes. I trained in 'flying' for two weeks. Even though the harness ensures my safety, I have to get the act right, since my body has to remain parallel to the ground.

Mahadev' will make grand entry in Mahabharat'!

It seems Mahadev' is no longer popular on just Life OK. His goodness and godliness are both making a headline, across TV channels. Yes, you heard it right, our Mahadev' aka Mohit Raina, will soon cross over, to make his omnipresence felt in the latest epic mythology Mahabharat', which recently made its magnum opus entry on Star Plus.

To bag on the growing popularity of Mohit Raina as Mahadev', the makers of Mahabharat', Swastik Productions, are keen to show a glimpse of the supreme on their grand mythological show. It seems the makers do not wish to leave any stone unturned to make their project a big hit!

The actor has confirmed his upcoming entry in the epic show. He stated that he shot with the makers of the show and was happy to have gained a good shooting experience with them.

Well, this will be for the first time that the audience will witness a mythological character of one show, making an appearance in another one. Mahadev' will make an entry in the forthcoming episodes, whereby he will bless Amba' aka Ratan Rajput.

Amba' has been refused marriage by Bhishma', who has vowed for celibacy, throughout his life. To avenge this, Amba' is keen to seek Parshuram's, Bhishma's guru, for justice! The two will try to battle the issue out, when Holy Ganga will seek refuge in Mahadev'.

When the war between Bhishma and Parshurama ends, Mahadev' will arrive at the behest of Holy Ganga, to stop the upcoming war and simultaneously, bless Amba'! The episode is believed to go on air on 24th September at 8.30 p.m, only on Star Plus.

With Mahadev's entry, the makers believe that it will be a big push to the ongoing plot of the epic story and the fans will also enjoy the momentum of the show.

With intriguing storyline, lavish costumes and equally grand sets, Mahabharat' is already creating quite a furor. Let's hope that with Mahadev's divine presence, the show gets a huge fillip and becomes what Devon Ke Dev Mahadev has achieved today on Life OK.

Do share your views and feedback about this show on Twitter-iDubba and set reminders for your favorite shows on iDubba app..

People think after Shiva, I'm an ideal Karna

People think after Shiva, I'm an ideal Karna
Mohit Raina as Mahadev

MorePics/a>
Mohit Raina seems to have become the first choice to play Lord Shiva on the tube. The actor, who is already essaying Shiva in mythological show Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, produced by Nikhil Sinha, will be seen repeating the act in Siddharth Kumar Tewary's Mahabharat.

Says Mohit, "It feels good to be a part of Mahabharat. I was an avid follower of the original series. So, it was a great opportunity to become part of the ongoing edition. I shot for a few hours and it was a great experience. I wish them all the best."
However, if the actor had his way, he would have preferred to play Karna in the show. Says he, "I would like to play Karna because, the complexities of this character intrigues me. He is commonly perceived as the anti-hero yet he did everything like the real hero of a story. From being a suta putra to becoming the king of Angad and the realisation of his lineage -- that he is the eldest Pandava -- he bore all his curses with elan and roared like a lion on the battlefield of Kurukshetra. If it wasn't for the politics and manipulation, he would have remained unbeatable. Hence, it would have been a real challenge to get to play him. Also, some people think after Shiva, I'm an ideal Karna."
Full Details -Life OK's Mahadev' entry in Star Plus's Mahabharat'

It seems Mahadev' is no longer popular on just Life OK. His goodness and godliness are both making a headline, across TV channels. Yes, you heard it right, our Mahadev' aka Mohit Raina, will soon cross over, to make his omnipresence felt in the latest epic mythology Mahabharat', which recently made its magnum opus entry on Star Plus.

To bag on the growing popularity of Mohit Raina as Mahadev', the makers of Mahabharat', Swastik Productions, are keen to show a glimpse of the supreme on their grand mythological show. It seems the makers do not wish to leave any stone unturned to make their project a big hit!

The actor has confirmed his upcoming entry in the epic show. He stated that he shot with the makers of the show and was happy to have gained a good shooting experience with them.

Well, this will be for the first time that the audience will witness a mythological character of one show, making an appearance in another one. Mahadev' will make an entry in the forthcoming episodes, whereby he will bless Amba' aka Ratan Rajput.

Amba' has been refused marriage by Bhishma', who has vowed for celibacy, throughout his life. To avenge this, Amba' is keen to seek Parshuram's, Bhishma's guru, for justice! The two will try to battle the issue out, when Holy Ganga will seek refuge in Mahadev'.

When the war between Bhishma and Parshurama ends, Mahadev' will arrive at the behest of Holy Ganga, to stop the upcoming war and simultaneously, bless Amba'! The episode is believed to go on air on 24th September at 8.30 p.m, only on Star Plus.

With Mahadev's entry, the makers believe that it will be a big push to the ongoing plot of the epic story and the fans will also enjoy the momentum of the show.

With intriguing storyline, lavish costumes and equally grand sets, Mahabharat' is already creating quite a furor. Let's hope that with Mahadev's divine presence, the show gets a huge fillip and becomes what Devon Ke Dev Mahadev has achieved today on Life OK.

Do share your views and feedback about this show on.