\|/ :: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev- Article Archive :: \|/ - Page 51

Posted: 10 years ago

First look of Nikhil Sinha's new show Hatim!

TellyBuzz unveils the first exclusive look of Triangle Film's much awaited fantasy show Hatim which is soon to come on Life OK.

As reported earlier, after setting a benchmark with the mythological series Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev, Nikhil Sinha's Triangle Film Company is gearing up with their new fantasy show, which is tentatively named as Hatim.

We had also reported that the makers have already locked in the very talented model-turned actor Rajbeer Singh as the main lead of the show.

Actor Rajbeer Singh who was seen as a participant in 'Lux Perfect Bride', is all set to get back to television after a long hiatus with this grand new show. Says our source, "Rajbeer was initially considered as an option in the beginning of 2013 for a historical show which was supposed to be made by Triangle Films. But now they are launching him with much bigger plans."

Adding more details to the show, TellyBuzz unveils the first breathtaking glimpse of the show, evoking feelings of excitement and leaving everybody on the edge of their seats.

Looking at the first look of the show, it seems that it will give the audience a sneak-peak into high voltage action, thrill and drama. Regarding the same our reliable source adds further, "Triangle Films is working terribly hard on this secretive project. Presented on a never-seen-before scale with an apt actor Rajbeer Singh as a lead protagonist, this new show promises to bring in a paradigm shift for TV content amidst the daily soaps. The success of Hatim will not just be great for Triangle Films but for Life OK channel."

While Rajbeer's father earlier confirmed with TellyBuzz about Rajbeer very much being a part of the show, when we got in touch with the actor himself, he denies it every bit. Says Rajbeer, "Someone has created a fake profile on a social networking site and if seen carefully that the picture put up is animated. I don't know why I am being associated with it."

The actor also went on to share his present plans with TellyBuzz, "Recently, I completed the shoot for my movie named Club Dancer', which is going to get released in a few months from now. The movie is produced by Mr. Shubir Mukherji, who is the owner of Filmalaya Studio."

"The shoot for the show has already commenced and it will most probably hit the floors by November end", concluded our source.

Manav Gohil as the family friend in Khelti Hai Zindagi Aankh Micholi

The gentleman with good looks - Manav Gohil is busy shooting as Gautami Kapoor's family friend and not as her husband in Zee TV's Khelti Hai Zindagi Aankh Micholi.

Friday, September 13, 2013 | 3:08:56 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   4 Comments  |  810 Views

After being seen as Anirudh Jaitley inChannel V's The Buddy Project Season 2 - Now in College for a long time, Manav Gohilshifted gears to become part of a mythological project - a first for him. He is currently being seen on Life Ok's popular show Devon ke Dev. Mahadev as the character Andhak and that is not all. Manav is also shooting for Zee TV's Khelti Hai Zindagi Aankh Micholi. However contrary to news reports which suggested that he will be seen as Gautami Kapoor's husband which was to be a cameo, Manav has a lengthy role as a family friend. 

Talking about the show Manav says, "Yes, I play an important character named Sanjay in Khelti Hai Zindagi Aankh Micholi. It is that of Gautami Kapoor's family friend and I think it will be a lengthy role. It is not a flamboyant but very grounded character that I will be playing. I have just started shooting for the same and I still have to get more details about my role from the creative team. The show has a very real-life feel to it which is what made me interested in taking it up."

Manav is currently also seen as Andhak in Devon ke Dev. Mahadev... so what happens to it? "The role of Andhak is a cameo. We have shot for it and completed the track too." This is his first attempt at doing a mythological show, what attracted him towards playing a blind character? "The canvas of Devon ke Dev. Mahadev is huge and very different from the regular mythological shows. The way it is scripted and presented is noteworthy so when they called me I took a call considering that it was a very popular show liked by many. The language and the sensibilities as well as the way they have tried to portray a secular world is something which I liked. Since I don't watch fiction shows on TV, I had never seen the show earlier but I have been watching it lately and it does look good. When I got into the costume of Andhak it was a different feeling altogether. It was similar to playing a blind man on the street but on a larger than life canvas. I realized it was a huge character to play and gave my full 100% to it."

Since Manav is now busy with his new show, it also helped that his track of Andhak was shot at a fast pace without dragging the track, "It is a power packed, crisp track and I was happy that we finished the shoot bang on with full energy." The show will have a maha-episode which will have a fight between Andhak and Mahadev, "Andhak is shown to be an ansh (born out of) of Mahadev but he does not know of it. He is blind and has been pushed in a corner he turns aggressive and gets powers to destroy the Gods which corrupts his mind. Andhak is cynical, arrogant and very difficult. He falls for a woman who has been kind to him not knowing that it is Parvati, his mother. In the end there is a war between him and Mahadev with Kali Maa too. Symbolically it means that the darkness which is inherent in people needs to be defeated."

Manav's act even though it is a cameo has been noticeable for his acting prowess and even though he comes on screen blindfolded his dimples and fit body make him look ever so attractive. What is the secret behind this? "Well I don't have to make a lot of attempt to look fit because surprisingly I look very good and fit on screen as compared to real life" laughs Manav who is an expert swimmer and a regular on the cricket field playing in various cricket tournaments. "My dad is an athlete and I have been a sportsperson too so I guess it is all natural. I don't even get time for regular work outs" adds Manav who prefers to spend quality time playing with his one year old daughter Zahra and actor wife Shweta Kawaatra when he is not shooting. 

At the moment they both are abroad for a vacation and the family man that he is Manav ends on a wistful note, "I am missing them!"

Seema Khot Mattoo

'Devon Ka Dev...' actors shoot through illness

IANS | Sep 14, 2013, 04.25 PM IST

'Devon Ka Dev...' actors shoot through illness
Devon Ke Dev Mahadev

Television acting requires dedication and this has been proved by "Devon Ka Dev... Mahadev" actors, Mohit Raina, Puja Bose and Manav Gohil.

The actors are reportedly down with fever but are still shooting for the Maha episode of the show which will go on air Sunday.

"Despite being unwell and down with fever all of them are shooting for the Maha episode. This really goes to show the kind of dedication actors have these days towards their work," a source from the production house told IANS.

The Maha episode is significant in the show as Mahadev will transform into Veerbhadra and Parvati will turn into Mahakali to emerge victorious over the evil Andhak.

New 'Mahabharat' technically more superior: Costume designer

With B.R. Chopra's "Mahabharat" being the reference point, the new 'Mahabharat'will be far more technically superior, says costume designer Nidhi Yasha and added that the makers have left no stone unturned to make the show "perfect".

Saturday, September 14, 2013 | 11:42:06 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   38 Comments  |  2157 Views

With B.R. Chopra's 'Mahabharat' being the reference point, the new 'Mahabharat' will be far more technically superior, says costume designer Nidhi Yasha and added that the makers have left no stone unturned to make the show "perfect".

"Right now, we are technically more superior in every field than what we were when the old 'Mahabharat' came. I am not in a position to comment on the older 'Mahabharat' as I was very young then. But we have exploited every possible aspect in every field in terms of quality," said Yasha.

Mythological shows often have heavy costumes and there are techniques to make these garments more wearable, she said.

"There are techniques to distribute the weight so that it is not concentrated on one side...we have to have several trials and workshops, where the actors practice in their costumes," added the designer who has also designed for TV shows like 'Shobha Somnath Ki' and 'Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev'.

Scheduled to begin from September 16 on Star Plus, the show features Sameer Dharmadhikari as Shantanu, Sayantani Ghosh as Satyavati, Aarav Chaudhary as Bheeshma, Arpit Ranka as Duryodhan, Puneet Issar as Parshuram, Praneet Bhatt as Shakuni, Saurabh Raj Jain as Krishna, Ratan Rajput as Amba and Pooja Sharma as Draupadi.

Yasha said that most of the actors in the show are very professional and hardly complain.

"Most of the artists are so professional, they don't have any complains. They are used to it," she said.

The designer also feels privileged to have worked with Oscar-winning costume designerBhanu Athaiya who has been roped in as a consulting faculty for the look of the show.

"I am very lucky to be able to get her guidance on the project. Her insights have been precious," she said.

Puja to play Maa Kali

Stuti Agarwal, TNN | Sep 15, 2013, 12.02 PM IST
Puja to play Maa Kali
Puja as Kali
'Devon ke Dev... Mahadev's Maha episode will see Mahadev (Mohit Raina) take the avatar of Veerbhadra while Parvati ( Puja Banerjee) will appear as Maa Kali to slay Aandhak, played by Manav Gohil. 
To get into Kali's avatar, Puja had to paint her body blue. She had to wear a garland of skulls, weighing around five kilos. 
It took the make-up artistes about four hours to paint Puja's body. Since Maa Kali's tongue is always red, she also had to pop a pill which turned her tongue blood red. With her tongue coloured, Puja was not supposed to drink fluid or eat through the entire shoot. The team shot for 11 hours with just one break. Puja says, "It was an opportunity of a lifetime. I was not keeping too well and was not in the right frame of mind to shoot, but once I went on the floors " complete with the body paint and garland, I was fine. It seemed as if Maa Kali had blessed me. I hope people appreciate the hard work that Mohit and I have put in for this episode."

Different genre shows battle it out for the primetime TRPs

TNN | Sep 16, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
Different genre shows battle it out for the primetime TRPs
Bigg Boss 7

It's that time of the year again when the prime time evening slot is going to get choc-a-bloc with various TRP grabbing shows across television channels. With a variety of themes and plots, the audiences are going to be spoilt for choice and left struggling with a dearth of viewing time in the months lying ahead. With each channel putting forth nothing less than the best it can offer, programmes and their themes are being closely revisited and revised. Serials and programmes are either being phased out and replaced by newer ones or channels are looking at interesting plots to be inculcated in the story lines to ensure a strong viewership. We give you a lowdown on all that's hot on the tellytube in the days to come.

Reality shows rule the roost
One of the most anticipated and highly awaited programmes this season is Colors trademark and sure shot TRP grosser Bigg Boss, which is now in its seventh installment. Bigg Boss this year comes with a double dose of Salman Khan. To make way for the show, the channel is wrapping up two of its serials, Sanskaar " Dharohar Apnon Ki and Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha - Season 2. Bigg Boss 7 will be showcased on the channel daily at the 9-10 pm slot. The channel also has another new show starting shortly that will be backed by the star power of multiple Bollywood actors. Anil Kapoor's 24, a show based on an American series by the same name, will be on air from next month. Star Plus on its part has already started airing its reality show cum competition called Junior Masterchef Swaad Ke Ustaad on weekends. This reality series that sees children below 14 displaying their culinary skills is showcased on Friday and Saturday during the 9-10 pm slot.

Sony TV has multiple reality shows scheduled in the days to come. The channel has already begun its success run with Kaun Banega Crorepati 7, earlier this month. With the prize money having gone up to 7 cr and the show already having found its first crorepati the viewings and TRPs can go only one way. The show is aired from Friday to Sunday at 8.30 pm. For dance and music lovers the channel is coming up with another trademark reality show, which is now in its fourth successful year. Dance India Dance season 4 auditions are underway and the show shall follow suit. The channel also has celebrity chef Sanjeev Kapoor on board for a cookery reality show cum competition. The show named Sanjeev Kapoor Ke Kitchen Khiladi will be beamed at 8 pm on weekdays from September 16 onwards. Currently the slot hosts Anamika, a love story with a supernatural twist to it.

Soaps galore
If you thought that all these reality shows and competitions could rob the soaps and serials of their sheen then you could not be more wrong. Various channels have come up with new offerings in terms of daily soaps. Sony has started telecasting the promos of Desh Ki Beti Nandini that is being shown with a coming soon tag. Zee TV has two new shows lined up for the primetime slot. While Khelti Hai Zindagi Aankh Micholi premiered on September 9 at the 10 pm slot for a Monday to Friday telecast, Ek Mutthi Aasman which marks the comeback of yesteryear actress Shilpa Shirodkar, is being beamed on the 7 pm slot, Monday-Friday, since earlier this month. Life Ok has also started a new soap Do Boond Ishq on September 9. It is aired from Monday to Friday at 8.30 pm. The show replaced Junoon Aisi to Kaisi Mohabbat.

Mythological musings
Star Plus has brought forth its mega mythological show titled Mahabharat. While the story of Mahabharat has been an often repeated and much experimented one, the makers believe that their take on this magnum opus is different and will be able to grab eyeballs. The show goes on air on September 16 at the 8.30 pm for their half an hour slot from Monday to Friday. The show will be replacing Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai. The initial promos have managed to createquite a buzz. The makers plan to have a fixed run of episodes for a six month duration. Life Ok is going strong with its successful Devon Ke Dev Mahadev where newer plots and twists keep getting added to retain audience interest. Zee has come forth with Buddha. Though the show has not been slotted for a primetime telecast, but a weekend early morning slot of 11 am on Sunday has been given instead.

With this list in hand all you television buffs should hurry and work out a plan to manage watching one favourite show without missing another.

Weekly dose of your favorite soaps.

It's again Monday after that splendid weekend. Last week marked the ending of many programs. While shows like Jhalak Dikhla Jaa and Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha -2' ended, the much talked about reality show Big Boss-saath 7' finally started yesterday, to mark a newer program schedule for Colors.

Apart from that let's see what's in store for you this week!

Diya aur baati hum:-The forthcoming episodes are getting interesting with more silent cold tension brewing in-between Sandhya and Bhabo. Post her 88% marks in exam, Sandhya is all set to fill the form for UPSC. She will be shown in college, thinking of whether to eat or not, while Bhabo is all tensed on the other hand, thinking is her bahu remembers about teej'.

Saraswatichandra:- Kumud and Kalika are at daggerheads now. While Kumud is keen of getting her out of Pramad's life and home, so is Kalika planning and conspiring to insult Kumud at every stage of life. Watch the next episode where she will trick Kumud's family members to come to Pramad's house and highlight Kumud's hand wounds, shocking them all!

Devon Ke Dev-Mahadev:- After yesterday's maha episode, the godliness is going to get magnified! The Andhak and Shukracharya fight with Mahadev and Parvati went strong with Mahadev usurping Shukrcharya to only give Kaal Bhairav'. Watch the forthcoming episode, which are all going to take you on mythical journey of Kaal Bhairav and his acts of god!

Qubool hai:- Tanveer is back with her evil plan and this time with goons, she gets poison administered into Zoya. However, she escapes with the goons chasing behind her. She's not the only one, even Ayan is escapaing goons and saving Humaira from Vikram's clutches. Watch the forthcoming episode, where both Ayan and Zoya would accidently sit in a communal wedding ceremony, in order to escape from the goons. Who knows this might be what the plot was rumored about, Ayan and Zoya marrying accidentally?

Madhubala- Ek Ishq Ek Junoon:-With ego clashing in between Mehul and RK, it's difficult to imagine episodes without any bollywood style clashes. Watch the next episode, where RK gets infuriated by a worked, who lost his leg. The idea of all incapacitated people in his films is degrading, so he insults Mehul, who in turn shows him the door.

TOI: Sudesh Berry in double role in Mahadev

Suddesh Berry in a double role in Mahadev
Sudesh BerryMore Pics

After Tina Dutta in Uttaran, Mohit Raina inDevon Ke Dev MahadevAdaa Khan in Amrit Manthan, Avika Gor in Sasural Simar Ka and Rituraj in Hitler Didi, it's veteran actor SudeshBerry's turn to play a double role on the small screen. 

Sudesh Berry will play twins in the show and his character will be that of an aghori in Nikhil Sinha's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev. Aghoris are 'shaivites' and it is believed that they feed on dead bodies. They are known for their extreme and unorthodox taboo rituals.
The actor, better remembered as Loha Singh from Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo, remained unavailable for comment.

According to the source, he will take Kaali hostage and misuse their tantra vidya.

I am a staunch believer of Shiva: Sudesh Berry

Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Sep 18, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
I am a staunch believer of Shiva: Sudesh Berry
Sudesh Berry
The latest to join the list of television actors who have played double role on the tube is Sudesh Berry. The veteran actor will play aghoris (Shaivite sect) " twins named Malla and Mani " in Nikhil Sinha's 'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev'. 

Interestingly, actor Mohit Raina, who essays the role of Lord Shiva in the show, has also played a double role. Others, who have played dual roles, include actors like Tina Dutta in 'Uttaran', Adaa Khan in 'Amrit Manthan' and Avika Gor in'Sasural Simar Ka'.

Confirms the actor, "This is the first time I am playing a double role. I am a staunch believer of Shiva, so I accepted the role. I will also be seen as King Drupad in 'Mahabharat', another mythological show."

Battle for ratings intensifies
Devon Ke Dev... 
Mahadev
While daily soaps might rule the roost, the genre of mythological shows is presently seeing a spurt across channels. Zee TV launched 'Buddha' recently, and a few days ago, Star Plus launched its big-ticket show, 'Mahabharat'. Life OK and Sahara One have 'Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev' and 'Jai Jai Jai Bajrangbali' in their kitty. Mythological shows came in vogue on Indian television after Ramanand Sagar's 'Ramayan' and BR Chopra's 'Mahabharat' met with phenomenal success in the late 1980s. 

However, the shows made after them haven't exactly managed to create the same magic. Industry experts say that the genre of mythological shows is a tricky one, and requires a great amount of detailing and research. Here's what goes into making a mythological show, and why they click or fail.

Why the sudden spurt in mythology on tv?
Makers say mythological stories fascinate people as they give them an opportunity to see something they've read about. "Mythological stories belong to this soil. People have read about them and like it when they see gods and goddesses on screen. Parents want their kids to watch them and learn good things. It is because of the audience's demand that makers recreate these stories on screen," says Prem Sagar, creative director of the first 'Ramayan', who is presently involved with 'Jai Jai Jai Bajrangbali'.

Years of research
It takes months, and in some cases, years, of research, to bring these stories on screen. Nikhil Sinha, producer of 'Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev', says, "A mythological show requires a lot of patience. It took us one year of pre-production work - erecting sets, organizing costumes, etc. We have a big team of researchers who have read tons of literature on Lord Shiva." Producer of the latest Mahabharat, Siddharth Kumar Tewary, adds, "It took me four years to research. We have on board Dr Madhvi, a professor at Mumbai University, who has done her PhD on the Mahabharata. Dr Devdutt Pattanaik, a mythologist, is a consultant."

Gajra Kottary, storywriter of 'Buddha', says they've taken the help of a few authentic sources. "There is a book, Old Path, White Clouds, that's seen as a complete book on the Buddha, and we've also referred to other books. There are close to 500 paintings of the Buddha, and Pali literature, that served as reference points," he says.

100-crore budget!
It isn't just a great deal of research, but also big budgets, that are required. Sinha tells us, "The budget of a mythological show is 25 to 30% more than a daily soap. These shows require elaborate sets, costumes and special effects." While Tewary refuses to divulge any details about the budget of Mahabharat, sources say it has been made on a budget of '100 crore.

Authentic actors
Actors too, need to look the part while wielding swords or speaking shuddh Hindi. Siddharth Kumar Tewary, producer of the new Mahabharat, says, "Some of the actors who are playing the parts of Shakuni, Arjun and Bhishma, were chosen more than a year back. They took acting and Hindi workshops to look their part."

Gajra Kottary, storywriter of 'Buddha', says that the boy who will be playing Buddha is presently undergoing rigorous training. "Since the Buddha was a warrior prince before he renounced the world, the lead actor is taking sword training. He is also learning various asanas of yoga."

What makes them click or fail?
Despite the genre's popularity, there are many times when mythological shows fail to evoke a good response, which can be due to many factors. Kottary says, "Buddha is a god whose life hasn't been explored on TV, but with other epics, there is always a feeling of deja vu and familiarity with viewers. Also, people tend to make comparisons with the previous shows that have been aired."

Nikhil Sinha, producer of 'Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev', who prefers to refer to these mythologicals as costume dramas, says, "What worked in favour of Mahadev is the fact that it shows the interpersonal relationships of the god. His life hadn't been explored much on the small screen till now. Also, the kind of casting, the video-graphics and the storyline have all clicked with the viewers."

Many TV serial makers have tried to bring the 'Mahabharata' and the 'Ramayana' on screen, but haven't been able to repeat the success of the original shows. Ekta Kapoor's version of the 'Mahabharata', titled 'Kahaani Hamaaray Mahaabhaarat Ki', sank without a trace. Prem Sagar says, "My father, Ramanand Sagar, did five years of research before he brought Ramayan on TV. BR Chopra (the producer of the original Mahabharat) and my father had made many films before they ventured into TV, and they had experience. The movies were like primary school education for them, and you cannot make epic shows without those kinds of inputs. Also, the actors who were in these shows were new people, and had no image of their own. If you rope in daily soap actors, people aren't able to identify with them, since they have seen them in different characters. Also, such shows cannot sustain themselves on glamour. For instance, you can't show Parvati wearing noodle straps. They might work for some time, but for a show to run long, you have to give viewers good content."

Being the first time that epics were being aired on TV also worked in the 1980s' Ramayan and Mahabharat's favour. "I remember watching those shows as a child. It was new for TV at that time. People were getting to see a detailed version of their favourite epics. It's been 20 years since those mythos were aired, and a sense of tiredness has crept into viewers, who have seen many versions," says Kottary.