Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

'Mahabharata' will revive Indian handicrafts: Bhanu Athaiya

Oscar-winning costume designer Bhanu Athaiya has been roped in as a consulting faculty for the look of the upcoming mythological show "Mahabharat". She believes the show will help in the revival of Indian handicrafts and traditional weaves.

Monday, September 02, 2013 | 7:42:07 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   2 Comments  |  350 Views

Oscar-winning costume designer Bhanu Athaiya has been roped in as a consulting faculty for the look of the upcoming mythological show "Mahabharat". She believes the show will help in the revival of Indian handicrafts and traditional weaves.

The 85-year-old has said that ancient techniques have been used to create various looks for the show.

"I'm really delighted to be a part of such a huge TV venture. The entire look of Star Plus' 'Mahabharat' will revive Indian handicrafts and traditional weaves. Different ancient techniques have been used to achieve the various looks," Athaiya said in a statement.

It was vital to pay attention to detail for a show which delves into history.

"A lot of bright colored silks, hand looms, gold and jewellery structured embroidery patterns have been used. My team and I were very meticulous about every detail to remain true to the character. We have worked hard on designing this show and I'm sure our effort will translate beautifully to the audiences," she added.

Athaiya won the Academy Award for best costume design for her work in the 1982 film "Gandhi". For the work on "Mahabharat", she will be joined by stylist-designer Nidhi Yasha.

Yasha has worked on several other mythological shows including " Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev", and she has also designed for Karisma Kapur-starrer film "Dangerous Ishhq". She undertook proper research for her new project.

"It took a study of over 450 books related to period textiles, costume and jewellery and four years of handwork to arrive at the current look and feel of the show. An extensive study on jewellery structures according to ethnicity, fabrics, drapes and costume was undertaken," Yasha said.

"There was always so much to learn, experiment, explore as the subject of 'Mahabharat' is exhaustive and designing characters summing up to over 100 was challenging, but very rewarding," she added.

The epic drama "Mahabharat" will go on air on September 16 on Star Plus.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Mouni Roy and Mohit Raina approached for Nach Baliye 6

Stuti Agarwal, TNN | Sep 3, 2013, 06.01 PM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
Mouni Roy and Mohit Raina approached for Nach Baliye 6
Mohit Raina and Mouni Roy
The producer of the show confirmed the news

You have seen Mohit Raina aka Mahadev of the small screen perform Tandav, but you just might see him shaking his booty on Bollywood songs soon. If all goes well, Mohit will be seen in Nach Baliye 6 with his mysterious girlfriend. A credible source tells us that his partner would be none other than Bengali beauty Mouni Roy. The dance reality show will soon air on Star Plus. Mohit and Mouni's love apparently blossomed on the sets of Life Ok's Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev, where Mohit played Shiv and Mouni played Sati.

When we contacted the producer of the show, Hemant Ruprell, he said, "Nach Baliye is a very popular show and celebs are more than happy to be a part of it. We have approached a lot of interesting couples this time, one of which is Mohit Raina and Mouni Roy." Well, we do hope to see this couple entertain the viewers. However, when we contacted Mouni " who was born and brought up in Cooch Behar " she said, "No such thing happened." Mohit too remained unavailable for comments.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Overnights: Mahadev' returns to top on Star Life Ok

3rd September 2013    10:15

'Mahadev' back on top on Star Life Ok

'Mahadev' back on top on Star Life Ok

Popular mythological show Mahadev' was back on top of the ratings on Star Life Ok, after a blip over the past few weeks, according to exclusive data obtained by BizAsia.

Mahadev' had relegated to a lower position recently but it was back on top with 24,100 viewers at 20:00 " peaking at 34,900 viewers. In second place was Geet' (re-run) with 18,600 viewers, followed by Savitri' with 16,000 viewers. Re-run Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon' (season one) managed to get 1,400 viewers at 14:00 and zero for 18:00 for the English dubbed.

On flagship channel, Star Plus, SaraswatiChandra' was on top of the ratings overall in the UK with 187,300 viewers, followed by Diya Aur Baati Hum' with 145,300 viewers and Meri Bhabhi' with 109,700 viewers.

The others in the pecking order were Pyar Ka Dard Hai' (108,200), Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai' (87,800), Saathiya' (87,600), Ek Ghar Banaunga' (79,000), Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' (67,500), Veera' (64,600) and Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon 2 (23,400).

On Rishtey, Bani " Ishq Da Kalma' was on top with 63,000 viewers, followed by Na Aana Iss Desh Laado' with 59,600 viewers and Bandhan' in third with 54,100 viewers. The first episode of Parichay' got 34,000 viewers at 20:00.

On Zing, Bollywood Families' at 19:30 was top with 29,500 viewers, followed by ZEE Multiplex' with 11,300 viewers and Screen and Beyond' was third with 6,200 viewers.

The first day of Colors going free to air in the UK was vague for its overnight ratings, however, Madhubala' at 20:30 and the repeat telecast of Sasural Simar Ka' at 17:30 pulling in the most viewers. A clearer indication of overnight figures will be published next week.

Above data is an overnight rating " and may change slightly after consolidated figures become available in seven days from BARB.

http://www.media247.co.uk/bizasia/overnights-mahadev-returns-to-top-on-star-life-ok
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Devon Ke Dev Mahadev' has made my career: Piyush Sahdev

Renu Singh, TNN | Sep 5, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev' has made my career: Piyush Sahdev
Piyush Sahdev More Pics
Actor Piyush Sahdev who is currently seen in the serial 'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev' as lord Ram is in a happy space. All the struggle he has been through in his life is finally paying off. The actor made a stop-over in the city before heading to Kanpur for a programme on conservation of river Ganga. 

Better late than never Piyush, who was earlier seen in serials like Ghar Ek SapnaMann Kee Awaaz Pratigya and Hum Ne Li Hai...Shapath feels he is not destiny's child. "I am from Delhi and I came to Mumbai for some personal reasons 13 years ago. When I came to Mumbai I found a very different life there, which was altogether new for me . But I had to prove myself, mujhe kuchh kar ke dikhana tha, and I chose the showbiz industry for that. And then, life showed me its true colours. For months I was without work. I tried for TV serials but with no luck. When I didn't get a break in TV, I started doing theatre. I also learnt Bharatnatyam, Kathak and Salsa. I worked on my physique, because being a Punjabi, I was a bit overweight. I did everything to groom myself to get that perfect image of an actor so that nobody could ignore me. Even today, whatever schedule I have, I never miss my workouts in gym. Specially for the role of Ram, a person has to look good, be in shape. I now feel if anyone else had been in my position, he would have either committed suicide or left the city," he says. 

Experience counts Getting into the role of Ram was easy for Piyush as his family is very religious. Recalling his childhood days, the actor says, "The entire family used to watchRamayana every Sunday together. Aur jab maine hosh sambhala, I remember we used to see the serial on video cassettes, such was the craze for the show. And today when people say agar Arun Govil ke baad koi Ram lagta hai toh woh main hoon, it really feels good. But I think if somebody really looked like Ram on screen, it was Arun Govil. Jis perfection se unhone ne yeh role kiya hai, nobody else can ever do it. People literally started worshiping him like God." 

But Piyush doesn't forget to tell us that he had to forgo his honeymoon to get this role. After finishing the shoot of serial Hum Ne Li Hai...Shapath, I was about to leave for my honeymoon but then I was offered thir role. So, I had to postpone it again. I shot for the promos and then went for my honeymoon to Europe," shares Piyush. 

"Joh dikhta hai woh bikta hai" "Before Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, I had done oother serials too, but this show got me popularity. In fact for my other shows, I have done difficult stunts too. Once for a scene, a crane had to be driven over me.I gave the shot in 20 minutess without any cut. But since those serials were not so popular, my work went unnoticed. I feel the serial Devon Ke Dev Mahadev has made my career," says Piyush.

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Ahsaas Channa in Fear Files

Ahsaas Channa in Fear Files
Ahsaas ChannaMore Pics
Young Gun Ahsaas Channa who has essayed some challenging roles in Films and on TV has been cast in an upcoming episode of Contiloe Telefilm's Fear Files aired on Zee TV.

Sources inform that the episode will revolve around a mother daughter duo who shift into a new house. Ahsaas will play the role of Gazala who gets possessed and she starts behaving abnormal. So, in order to save her daughter Gazala's mother decided to fight with the demon and gets killed. The shooting for the episode has already been done and will be aired soon. The role of Ahsaas's mother will be played by Anjali Rana.

When contacted, Ahsaas confirmed the news and said, "Yes, it's true am doing the show. I like taking up challenging roles and this was an interesting one to essay. After doing a mythological show like Mahadev, this is another attempt from me to showcase my versatility."
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Tarun and myself make a great couple on-screen : Samiksha Bhatnagar

Working hard on her Hindi diction, Samiksha says she is most happy that her dream of working in Mahadev has finally been achieved!

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 | 3:52:52 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   0 Comments  |  253 Views

Samiksha Bhatnagar is currently seen inDevon Ke Dev. Mahadev on Life OK as Mandodri and also seen in Veera as Gurpreet. Playing two opposite roles she is a versatile actress. Coming from someone who was new to this field with no godfather,  this beautiful lad has actually carved a niche for herself.

TellyBuzz spoke to Samiksha and she spoke about her experience of first watching Madadev and how her dream of acting in it came true for her.

"Its a pleasure working as Mandodri in Mahadev. I remember I used to watch the show and was amazed by every person doing a great job. Deep down in my heart I always wanted to be part of the show but then as they say dreams are dreams but then I got an opportunity to work in Mahadev which was quite blissful."

One thing that she finds tough is the pure Hindi that is used in the dialogues on the show, "Earlier I couldn't pronounce certain words and hence I had to go for many retakes but then eventually things started to settle down. I got the diction and words right, for which I am thankful to my co-actor Tarun Khanna. He is an amazing co-star, who is flawless and helps me a lot... in fact me and Tarun look good on screen and that is what I have been hearing about."

And what about her real love life for which prompt came the reply, "I am very much single and I have few dreams to fulfill before I settle down in my career. I will not get into any relationship, and till then let the on-screen chemistry keep brewing."

Ruchita Mishra

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Ashutosh Rana, Renuka Shahane approached for 'Nach Baliye 6'?

Actor Ashutosh Rana has been reportedly approached to participate in the upcoming edition of celebrity dance reality show "Nach Baliye" along with his actress wife Renuka Shahane.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 | 12:14:03 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   136 Comments  |  4255 Views

Actor Ashutosh Rana has been reportedly approached to participate in the upcoming edition of celebrity dance reality show 'Nach Baliye' along with his actress wife Renuka Shahane.

"Ashutosh Rana and Renuka Shahane have been approached for the show. However, they are yet to confirm their presence," as per a source from the show's unit.

Others who have been reportedly approached for the sixth edition of the show include Mohit RainaVivian DsenaNakuul Mehta, Indo-Canadian actress Sunny Leone, chefKunal Kapoor, 'Master Chef India 2' winner Ripudaman Handa, former Indian cricketer Sourav Ganguly, Shabbir Ahluwalia, Rakesh Bapat, along with their spouses or partners.

TV actors Jay Bhanushali and Mahhi Vij won the last season of 'Nach Baliye 5', which ended earlier this year. The show is aired on Star Plus.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Andhak To Tell Rahu To Go To Kailash & Inform Mahadev To Surrender His Wife To Him In Mahadev

In Life OK's  Devon Ke Dev Mahadev,We Had Seen That The Shivgans ask Nandi to take care of his sick father. Nandi finds it difficult to do the same. He remains busy with arrangements for Pashupat Vrata for Mahadev's sake. Mahadev becomes impressed with Nandi and takes care of his father. Nandi pays his gratitude to Mahadev for the same.  Parvati becomes glad on seeing Andhaka in the Himalaya. She asks Shukracharya to accept Andhaka as his disciple..

Now In Coming Episodes, Mahadev wants Shukracharya to guide his disciple Andhak. Shukracharya will inform Andhak about Parvati being married to Mahadev.

Otherside , Laxman  will decide to go along with Ram and Seeta into exile.Andhak will tell Rahu to go to Kailash and inform Mahadev to surrender His wife to him. Shukracharya will apologize to Mahadev for failing to put sense into Andhak. Mahadev will warn Andhak one last time.Henceforth,Parvati will realize her mistakes and will confesse that she was wrong. Brahma will tell Narad that Parvati will take an Avatar' after which Mahadev won't be able to handle Parvati's energy .

In This Maha Episode we will see the avatar of Veer Bhadra and Kali together...

http://tellynewsindia.wordpress.com/2013/09/11/andhak-to-tell-rahu-to-go-to-kailash-inform-mahadev-to-surrender-his-wife-to-him-in-mahadev/

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Diya Aur Baati, Mahadev fans visit show sets

TNN | Sep 13, 2013, 02.05 PM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
Diya Aur Baati, Mahadev fans visit show sets
Uday Shankar
Star India initiative 'Saath Hum Hai Uttarakhand' ties up with eBay India to get viewers to meet their favourite TV actors through a charity auction. 

Fans of Star Network shows like 'Diya Aur Baati Hum', ' Junior Master Chef' and ' Devon Ke Dev Mahadev' now have a chance to visit the sets of these shows and meet the star cast. How? read on.

This is part of Star India's mega initiative 'Saath Hai Hum Uttarakhand' to raise funds for the rehabilitation of Uttarakhand post the recent devastating floods. These are charity auctions on eBay India (www.ebay.in), India's leading eCommerce marketplace .The 10 day charity auctions will go live on Thursday, September 05, 2013 and will be live until Sunday, September 15, 2013. 

The proceeds from the highest bidder for each would go to the NGOs 'People's Science Institute' & 'Himmothan 'to aid relief efforts in Uttarakhand. The highest bidder apart from spending time on the sets of the show would also interact with the lead characters of 'Diya Aur Baati Hum' and 'Dev Ke Dev Mahadev', & the Judges of 'Junior Master Chef'. 

Commenting on the occasion, Ms. Deepa Thomas, eCommerce Evangelist, eBay India says, "We are happy to collaborate with Star India and provide People Science Institute & Himmothan a platform to raise funds for Uttarakhand Relief. These are three unique experiences allowing fans a chance to get up close with their favourite actors & to tour the sets." 

'Saathi Hum Hai Uttarakhand' a joint initiative by Star India, Film & Television Producers Guild, FWICE, and Wizcraft received immense support from the country's film and television industry, with the likes of Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Vidya Balan, AR Rahman, Anil Kapoorand many others coming forward to urge the nation to donate generously towards the rebuilding efforts in Uttarakhand. The initiative reached its peak with a 7-hour live event on Independence Day, across 7major Indian channels & 3 International channels of Star network.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

First look of Nikhil Sinha's new show Hatim!

TellyBuzz unveils the first exclusive look of Triangle Film's much awaited fantasy show Hatim which is soon to come on Life OK.

Friday, September 13, 2013 | 2:06:42 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-forums.com/tellybuzz  |   0 Comments  |  655 Views

As reported earlier, after setting a benchmark with the mythological series Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev, Nikhil Sinha's Triangle Film Company is gearing up with their new fantasy show, which is tentatively named as Hatim.

We had also reported that the makers have already locked in the very talented model-turned actor Rajbeer Singh as the main lead of the show.

Actor Rajbeer Singh who was seen as a participant in 'Lux Perfect Bride', is all set to get back to television after a long hiatus with this grand new show. Says our source, "Rajbeer was initially considered as an option in the beginning of 2013 for a historical show which was supposed to be made by Triangle Films. But now they are launching him with much bigger plans."

Adding more details to the show, TellyBuzz unveils the first breathtaking glimpse of the show, evoking feelings of excitement and leaving everybody on the edge of their seats.

Looking at the first look of the show, it seems that it will give the audience a sneak-peak into high voltage action, thrill and drama. Regarding the same our reliable source adds further, "Triangle Films is working terribly hard on this secretive project. Presented on a never-seen-before scale with an apt actor Rajbeer Singh as a lead protagonist, this new show promises to bring in a paradigm shift for TV content amidst the daily soaps. The success of Hatim will not just be great for Triangle Films but for Life OKchannel."

While Rajbeer's father earlier confirmed with TellyBuzz about Rajbeer very much being a part of the show, when we got in touch with the actor himself, he denies it every bit. Says Rajbeer, "Someone has created a fake profile on a social networking site and if seen carefully that the picture put up is animated. I don't know why I am being associated with it."

The actor also went on to share his present plans with TellyBuzz, "Recently, I completed the shoot for my movie named Club Dancer', which is going to get released in a few months from now. The movie is produced by Mr. Shubir Mukherji, who is the owner of Filmalaya Studio."

"The shoot for the show has already commenced and it will most probably hit the floors by November end", concluded our source. 

Monica Varma