Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

The tale of Mahadev ke Ram unfolds on Devon ke Dev... Mahadev

Piyush Sahdev to play Maryada Purhsottam as Mihir Mishra essays Raja Dashrath

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 | 6:44:44 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   9 Comments  |  3656 Views

Devon ke Dev... Mahadev, a show that has crossed all realms of success and adoration, now sets upon a new tale – Mahadev ke Ram. Piyush Sahdev will be seen portraying the role of Lord Ram, along with Mihir Mishra as Lord Dashrath. Kunal Verma will be playing Lakshman and renowned actors like Anushka Singh, Manasi Vyas and Gouri Harneet Kaur will be seen essaying the roles of Sumitra, Kaikai and Kaushalya - wives of Dashrath. The show now showcases the story of the ultimate victory of good over evil through the eyes of Lord Shiva, as he paves the way for Ram to reach his goal.

Piyush said, "I am very happy to be a part of Devon ke Dev... Mahadev. From my previous roles of playing a villain to the role of cop, I have covered quite a variety, but mythological shows are something I always wanted to do. I am a devotee of Lord Krishna and I was always fascinated to play Ram or Krishna on TV. I am glad that I will be finally doing it."

As the story goes, Vishnu takes a human form in Ram in order to bring balance to the world. As a grown up Ram encounters Mahadev after making a shiv linga, he is informed that his first task is at hand. With blessings and insight from Mahadev, his mentor, Ram heads towards the jungle for this first battle. A war between Tadka and Ram is underway. It the battle that will mark him as 'Maryada Purshottam'.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
The City of Nawabs has produced great talent, who have built a space for themselves on television. Take a look...

Amit Sadh
Debut: 
Kyun Hota Hai Pyaar
Studied at La Martiniere Boys' College, Amit Sadh started his TV career with Neena Gupta'sKyun Hota Hai Pyaar. He later participated inBigg Boss which made him a household name.

Lata Sabharwal
DebutWoh Rehne Waali Mehlo Ki
Lata has done films like Vivah and Ishq Vishq but got recognition when she started playing the role of Rajshri Maheshwari in the serial Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai.

Sonarika Bhadoria
DebutTum Dena Saath Mera
Sonarika, whose nanihal is in Lucknow, started her TV stint with Tum Dena Saath Mera, which soon went off air. She then essayed the role of Mata Parvati in Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev

Dr Anil Rastogi
DebutUdaan
Veteran theatre artiste from Lucknow, Dr Anil Rastogi is best known for his role Daddaji in Na bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha. Rastogi juggles time between Mumbai and Lucknow now.

Gungun Uprari
DebutBandhan Saat Janon Kaa
The city girl was last seen in Hongey Juda Na Hum. Gungun is known for her versatility in different genres of daily soaps like Haar Jeet, Mere Sang Dol Tu and Keshav Pandit.

Sumona Chakravarti
DebutKasamh Se
Sumona did her schooling from Loreto Convent and debuted in the Aamir Khan starrer Mann as a child actor. She gained popularity with her role of Natasha in Bade Achhe Lagte Hai.

Nivedita Bhattacharya
DebutKundali
Nivedita is best known for playing the role of Jiji in Saat Phere...Saloni Ka Safar. Married to actorKay Kay Menon, the actress is quite active on the theatre front.

Aarti Singh
DebutGrihasti
Though Aarti has done a couple of serials like Grihasti, Maayka and Thoda Hai Thode Ki Zaroorat Hai, she is best known for her role in Parichay...Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka.

Shalini Arora
DebutAsha Ki Kiran
Shalini has done some famous serials like Kareena-Kareena, Kasturi, Karam Apna Apna, Kayamat, Jahan Pe Basera Ho and Laadli Bebo and is a known name on TV today. 
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

'I feel very lucky to be Amrit' : Adaa Khan

It is a mixed emotional moment for actress Adaa Khan as its the last day of shooting today for Amrit Manthan which also completes 400 episodes today...

Thursday, July 25, 2013 | 5:04:46 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   2 Comments  |  444 Views

Life OK's popular show Amrit Manthan that began its journey about a year back completes its 400 episodes today.

We had earlier reported about Amrit Manthan is soon to breathe its last. Reaching its logical conclusion, the show is all set to bid an adieu.

On this great occasion of successful completion of 400 episodes, we got in touch with the female main lead of the show Adaa Khan who is better known as Amrit. Expressing her mixed feelings, she says, "Amrit Manthan has given me some new friends like Karan MehraWaseem MushtaqDimple Jhangiani andAngad Hasija. It's very difficult for any show to sustain on Life OK, with Amrit Manthan and Mahadev being the oldest shows on this channel, I'm happy that we completed 400 episodes."

Taking about her journey so far, the actress says, "My dream to work with Rajan sir is fulfilled and I feel really lucky to be given an opportunity to play Amrit. From my first day of shoot up till now, I've grown up as an actor. In fact, I also won an award for the Best performance in a negative role."

To overcome the declining TRPs, the makers also injected a double role sequence to grab more eyeballs. Since Adaa Khan played two contradictory characters at the same time, she says, "Both the characters that I've played - Amrit and Rajjo were equally fun. Adding more to my experience, Rajjo has also taught me the Haryanvi lingo."

Recalling the toughest sequence in Amrit Manthan so far, Adaa says, "I can never forget the scene where I had to jump in the pool from a crane almost a floor high. While I was shooting it, I almost drowned 10 feet deep. It was too scary as I had never dived in a pool earlier. After this incident, I've developed a water phobia and even India-Forums camera was there to capture the pool pictures. After 8 to 10 times the director said action is when I jumped in into the pool."

As today is the last day of shoot, the production house has planned a cake-cutting ceremony at evening with a party too being organised soon for the successful wrap up of the show. 

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Vineet Kumar as Bharat in Mahadev

Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Jul 26, 2013, 11.32 AM IST

A

After Kunal Verma, who will be seen as Lakshman, it is actor Vineet Kumar, better remembered as Bebo's brother Daljeet in Sabki Laadli bebo, who has joined the cast of Devon Ke Dev Mahadev

He will essay the role of Bharat in the show. Lesser know actor Mohit Sharma will play the part of Shatrudhan in the mythological show. They will be part of the Ramayan track, which will be narrated from Lord Shiva's viewpoint.

Last seen in Anaamika in a negative role, Vineet says, "I am very excited to be a part of the show. It's one of the most popular mythological shows on TV today. I have read Ramayana and feel fortunate to have bagged the part."

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

This is Kunal's look in Mahadev

This is Kunal's look in Mahadev
Kunal VermaMore Pics

Nikhil Sinha's mythological show Devon Ke Dev Mahadev is known for its opulent set, tasteful makeup and attire and perfect casting.

The latest to join the show is Kunal Verma, who is returning to the tube after his telly show Hawan went off air. This will be his first attempt at the mythological genre and the actor is leaving no stone unturned to look every bit the part. He will play Lakshman in the show. The makers have taken special care of the costume and jewellery of every single character in the show.

The ethnic and classy jewellery worn by the actor as seen in the picture shared by us with the actor speaks volumes about the minute details of every character that has been taken into consideration. Says Kunal, "It's a different experience altogether to act in a mythological show. Once you wear the costume, you automatically start feeling the character and its aggression. I like shooting with Mahadev and Ram and I feel close to the character. I hope people appreciate my efforts and like the character."
Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Rubina Dilaik is back to play Sita in Mahadev

Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Jul 27, 2013, 12.15 PM IST
Rubina Dilaik is back to play Sita in Mahadev
Rubina DilaikMore Pics
Actress Rubina Dilaik, who recently exited Zee TV's Punar Vivaah --- Zindagi Milegi Dobara after her track failed to shape up as promised, has already bagged a new role.

She has been finalised to play Sita in Nikhil Sinha's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev. This will be her first attempt at the mythological genre. Actors Piyush Sahdev and Kunal Verma will be seen as Lord Ram and Lakshman in the show.

Rubina confirms, "Yes I am playing the role of Sita. I can't talk about it." Rubina will start shooting for the show soon and is excited about her new role. Informs a source from the show, "The makers of the show were hunting for a face to essay the part for long. They felt Rubina fit the bill perfectly."
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Vineet Kumar as Bharat in Mahadev

Neha Maheshwri, TNN Jul 26, 2013, 12.00PM IST

After Kunal Verma, who will be seen as Lakshman, it is actor Vineet Kumar, better remembered as Bebo's brother Daljeet in Sabki Laadli bebo, who has joined the cast of Devon Ke Dev Mahadev.

He will essay the role of Bharat in the show. Lesser know actor Mohit Sharma will play the part of Shatrudhan in the mythological show. They will be part of the Ramayan track, which will be narrated from Lord Shiva's viewpoint.

Last seen in Anaamika in a negative role, Vineet says, "I am very excited to be a part of the show. It's one of the most popular mythological shows on TV today. I have read Ramayana and feel fortunate to have bagged the part."

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-07-26/tv/40814178_1_devon-ke-dev-mahadev-bharat-sabki-laadli-bebo

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Rubina Dilaik to play Sita
Sunday, Jul 28, 2013, 12:41 IST | Agency: DNA

Rubina Dilaik

Looks like producer Nikhil Sinha's search for Sita has finally ended. Rubina Dilaik has been finalised to play the role of Sita in Devon Ka Dev Mahadev. The actress is excited to play a mythological role for the first time in her career. Says Rubina, "I had been approached for Parvati's role earlier. That was when Chhoti Bahu 2 had just ended. Also when Ramayan was being made for Zee, I was offered Sita's role and recently was approached for Draupadi's role inMahabharat

The fact that I was the first choice for all these roles made me ponder over it and I decided to do it." She adds that her beau, actor Avinash Sachdev tells her that she symbolises Indian beauty. "Whenever I would go home after a look test, he would appreciate me," she smiles. Rubina who was finalised for the role two days ago, has since been reading up on the pivotal role. "I have to get the pronunciation, diction and the notation right. There are a lot of Sanskrit words and I am taking my father's help. He is a Hindi professor and a writer," says Rubina who has started shooting for the serial. She recently quit Punar Vivaah – Ek Nayi Umeed as she felt her track – she played TV actress Divya Malhotra — was being sidelined.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

"I had been approached for Mahadev thrice" : Rubina Dilaik

It was third time lucky for the makers of Mahadev who had earlier offered the role of Parvati and Vrinda to Rubina who finally said ok to playing Sita!

Monday, July 29, 2013 | 6:43:38 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   0 Comments  |  48 Views

Telly town actress Rubina Dilaik who recently bid an adieu to Zee TV's show Punar Vivaah Ek nayi Umeed, is all set to be seen in an all new mythological avatar. The talented actress will be essaying the role of divine Sita as part of the Ramayan track, in Life OK's much-loved show Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev...

As we reveal the first look of Sita, in conversation with TellyBuzz, the beautiful actress talks about her first mythological show and more about her character...

The hunt for Sita's role was going on since a long time. How did you bag this role?

I had two reasons to consider the role of Sita. Let's say, after Punar Vivaah, things have fallen into place coincidentally. This is not the first time that I was approached for Mahadev. Even before the show started, I had been offered the role of Parvati but I wasn't sure of it because at that moment I was associated with Chhoti Bahu.  Secondly, when they offered to portray Jalandhar's wife- Vrinda's role, I was out for my US trip. Now, when the offer came for the third time for Sita's role, I gave it a thought and accepted it.

Have you been following the show Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev off late?

I used to follow the show when the plot of the story was revolving around goddess Sati.

What kind of homework did you do to portray Sita?

Since everything got materialized a few days back, I did not have much time in my hands to do any homework. In this situation, to prepare for such a strong role my acting career till date has been my homework. Also, the correct body posture and the fluidity in dialogues develop when you completely get into the character.

There have been repeated portrayals of Ramayan shows on Indian television, so how is this Ramayan going to be different?

Frankly speaking, I was amazed when I heard the entire concept of the forthcoming Ramayan track. We all have the basic knowledge of Ramayan, which has been showcased in many epic shows. Yet, the Ramayan track which is introduced in this show is mainly going to focus to on the pre-historical era, wherein Sita was a princess who looked after the people of her kingdom. At this juncture, the three deities Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh are the creator-destroyer and Mahadev is the central figure. And in view of these facts, the story of Ramayan is beautifully connected and woven from Mahadev's point of view. As a result, many unheard chapters of Ramayan will unfold in this show, and the audience will get a crux of Indian mythology.

Recall your first shot at Mahadev?

Well for my first shot, I had to walk gracefully along with a 'Shiv Dhanush'. Needless to say, the whole aura of Sita as a princess, her fragile innocence, a little tenderness, and the care she has for her kingdom and the people was quite pleasant and enjoyable. For me, it is a great honor to play such a strong epic character.

Can you share something about your look and how are you managing the heavy jewellery?

As Ramayan belongs to Satyug, all the characters ought to look similar to that era. For that reason, there is s lot of effort and perfection to be put in while getting ready. It is simply not a typical over dose of costumes; in fact the look has to be moulded in such a manner that it appeals and reache out to the contemporary folks too.

Did you put in any extra effort to the look and costume?

Ramayan is a costume drama and keeping that in mind, it took us 6 hours to decide on the final look. The creative team has worked very earnestly to set things at the right place. There has been a lot of study and research work done to derive at the correct appearance of the divine character Sita.

Being a mythological show, how are you managing with the language and diction?

This show follows a complete different genre as compared to the Indian daily soaps. Therefore, the language and diction involved here is very different. Memorizing the script and a perfect dialogue delivery is not a cakewalk, as it requires a lot of efforts and concentration. Even before I got into the shoes of this character, I asked the production house to mail me the script prior to the shoot, so that I can get a knack of it. Moreover, I even had an extended telephonic conversation with my Dad, Mr. Gopal Dilaik, who is a language writer, so that I can get the pronunciations, notations and the pauses accurate.  As an actor, it will be my endeavor to get a hold on my body language, performance, the dialogue delivery and diction right. 

How is it working with your new co-stars?

Its just been 2 days that I've started with my shoot. I haven't got a chance to shoot withMohit Raina as yet, but I have shot with Pooja Bose and it was good as she is a phenomenal actress. 

Armu4eva thumbnail

TV ka SRK kaun?

Chaya Unnikrishnan

TV stars dream of making it as big as the actors who are currently ruling Bollywood. The chhota screen stars can only envy their big screen counterparts in terms of the fees they get, the adulation from the audiences and the numbers they register at the box-office (unless they move to Hollywood). Although some of the male actors on television are very popular, when it comes to understanding who is the Aamir Khan of TV, or Akshay Kumar of the idiot box, most people draw a blank. Who is no 1, 2, 3? Who are the top 10? Difficult to answer... So we decided to make it simple. Here we take a look at small-screen heroes who can be the perfect counterparts to the filmi superstars...

Shah Rukh Khan 
Ram Kapoor
Physically, there's nothing remotely common between the two superstars. While Shah Rukh Khan is extremely conscious about his fitness, Ram Kapoor has given himself a wide berth, literally and figuratively. And yet, he is TV's most loved romantic hero spanning generations. Whether it was the squeaky clean loverboy of Ghar Ek Mandir, the intense brooding lover of Kasam Se or the earnest suitor in Bade Acche Laggte Hain, Ram has been revisiting the romantic avatar with regularity and successfully. And, like SRK who has created chemistry with almost every heroine he has paired with, Ram too has sizzled with his co-stars. Not only that, like King Khan, Ram too has been a big hit as a host. From Rakhi Ka Swayamvar to Welcome Baazi Mehmaan Nawaazi Ki, Ram has hosted a variety of shows and won viewers with his ready wit and charm.

Ram Kapoor says, "It's probably the biggest compliment I have got so far. Shah Rukh is a big star, the ambassador of the industry. I never take my career too seriously. It's a blessing that I am doing well and that is something to be cherished. I hate thinking of myself as a star because then you stop growing."

Ranbir Kapoor Vivian Dsena 
Good looking with a great screen presence and charisma, Vivian Dsena has to be the Ranbir Kapoor of the small screen. The Kapoor lad did not become a star overnight and neither has Vivian. After a few outings in serials like Kasam Se, Vivian got noticed with his vampire act in Pyaar Ki Yeh Ek Kahaani. This serial based on the Twilight series got Vivian a lot of female fans. RK too has a huge female fan follwing. While Vivian's marriage to Vahbbiz Dorabjee has not made him less desireable to the ladies, the same applies to RK and Katrina. Vivian is currently riding the popularity wave (like RK post Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani) in Madhubala making a great pair with Dhrashti Dhami. The duo have some intense scenes and their crackling chemistry all but sets the screen on fire, much like Ranbir and Deepika Padukone. It's just the beginning, and Vivian is surely a lambi race ka ghoda! 

Vivian says, "I take it as a compliment. I like Ranbir's films. He is passionate about his work and it reflects in his performance. I also believe in working hard and in giving my best to my role."

Aamir Khan Ronit Roy
If Aamir Khan is said to have the Midas touch when it comes to choosing his films, Ronit Roy has one with his TV shows. If Aamir has no qualms about experimenting with his looks for his characters, neither has Ronit. From playing a grey-haired, suave, stylish businessman and father to three children in his debut Kasauti Zindagi Kay to sporting a moustached look in Bandini, Ronit has experimented with his characters and look in every serial. While most of his contemporaries shied away from hosting a cookery show, he hosted Kitchen Champions and set the ball rolling for others. Now, though the actor is busy with films, he is still ruling the small-screen with his outing as the peculiar but witty lawyer KD Pathak in Adalat. And yes, like Aamir, Ronit is known to be a perfectionist.

Ronit says, "Considering the fact that I have been with Aamir Khan in 2000 (as his bodyguard), I can only be very proud. He is my guide and teacher and I think somewhere the way I choose my roles is influenced by him. After all, what you learn remains in your subconscious. And yes, I am all for experimentation."

Hrithik Roshan Mohit Raina
Straight nose, a chiselled jawline, six-pack abs ' in short the perfect physique. He has a huge fan following that ranges from seven-year-old girls to 85-year-old grandparents who are happy just to catch a glimpse of him! Which actor comes to your mind? Hrithik Roshan? Mohit Raina aka Mahadev? Both wouldn't be wrong. If Mohit is playing Shiva in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, Hrithik is said to be playing the Godly role in the film adaptation of Amish Tripathi's Immortals of Meluha. Like Hrithik, Mohit is also a good dancer trained in jive and hip-hop. For his role, he also learnt Kathak. Mohit is so popular that he recently even played a double role in the serial that got huge ratings. Hrithik, on the other hand, had played a double role right in his debut film Kaho Na Pyaar Hai and became an overnight sensation. Need we say more? 

Producer Nikhil Sinha says, "Mohit Raina is a dedicated and hard working actor. He's got into at least 70 get-ups by now and he has lot of patience. As a person he is still very rooted despite the success and huge fan following..."

Salman Khan - Karan Singh Grover
Smooth-talker, charmer, brat ' these are just a few adjectives preceding the Television hottie Karan Singh Grover. Add to it, his blow hot, blow cold relationship with the media and the mega muscles and Karan becomes the ideal candidate to be the Salman Khan of the small-screen. Karan is a self-confessed die-hard fan of Salman. Taking inspiration from his idol, Karan is heavily into body building and loves to flaunt it whenever he gets an opportunity. He's had a successful career and for the longest time was remembered for his outing as the fun-loving Dr Armaan Malik in Dill Mill Gaye. He is currently riding the wave of popularity as the anguished lover Asad in Qubool Hai.
Producer Gul Khan says, "Karan is a thorough gentleman, very sensitive and understanding. I think he has been misunderstood by the media. An extremely cooperative actor, he is a joy to work with. Apart from his penchant for body building I will have to think about similarities in Karan and Salman."

Akshay Kumar ' Siddharth Shukla
His personality, height and sporty demenour remind you of Akshay Kumar. What's more he's also a fitness freak just like the Khiladi. Siddharth Shukla aka Shiv of Balika Vadhu is the TV heartthrob thanks to his charming smile and twinkling eyes, something that he shares with Akshay. However, Siddharth hasn't exactly had a great beginning. He did two serials before Balika Vadhu catapulted him to fame. And now with his rocking dance performances in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, the actor is proving he has a Bollywood hero hidden in him!
Siddharth says, "I always liked the Khiladi star. The fact that Akshay followed martial arts made him macho. The best thing about the star is he's got a phenomenal comic timing. I also try and do martial arts but I am more into working out and weight training. Like Akshay I also try and rise early every day."

Ajay Devgn ' Anas Rashid
One look at Anas Rashid who is playing Sooraj in Diya Aur Baati Hum and you know he is the Ajay Devgn of TV. Intense and brooding. there's something in his eyes that rivets you. Sincere, earnest and passionate, they convey a lot with a look, just like Ajay's. Devgn is known to be a prankster on the sets. Anas' colleagues have the same thing to say about him. Like his big screen counterpart, he also plays pranks on his unsuspecting co-stars. Anas' Sooraj loves his wife Deepika so much that though he is illiterate he does all he can to fulfil his wife's dream of becoming an IAS officer. Reminds you of Ajay's selfless character in Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, right?
Anas says, "While complimenting me for my role, many people compare me to Ajay. Even I loved his character, which is similar to mine. Initially, you underestimate the character but later he walks away with all the sympathy and empathy."