Frequent Posters

A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
I had given notice three months ago: Sonarika Bhadoria
IANS | Jul 13, 2013, 12.40 PM IST

I had given notice three months ago: Sonarika Bhadoria
Sonarika Bhadoria

TV actress Sonarika Bhadoria, who played Parvati in mythological drama show " Devon ke Dev Mahadev", says she had put down her papers three months back, but stayed on when producers promised a salary hike. 

However, she says when the makers failed to fulfil their promise, they sent her a termination mail, forcing her to bow out. But the producers have a different story to tell.

"Three months ago I had given a notice that I would be leaving the show as I was getting good offers. I didn't want to continue playing Parvati," Sonarika told IANS.

"But then I had a talk with the head of production. We narrowed down to one thing that is monetary matter. They were willing to give me a good amount of money, so I continued shooting," she added.

While she had been promised a hike, there were rumours that Nikhil Sinha, producer and series director, was planning to replace her with another actress.

"When I approached them (producers about the rumours), they asked me to chill. As far as I know, Pooja (Bose) was to play Sita, so I was very confident about it. Hence, I told the media that I am playing Parvati," said Sonarika, who played the character for more than a year.

One day she got a call from the head of production saying that the amount that was decided earlier is out of their budget.

"He told me that whatever amount was decided, I can't give that much as it's out of budget. I felt cheated because they told me at the last moment. I was asked to take a decision whether to continue with the show or not. I asked for some time," she said.

"On July 7 late night, I got a termination mail. I had to give my decision by morning. When I woke up, my staff called me and said there was a new girl on the set who had started shooting," she added.

The termination mail and replacement news came as a shock for the 20-year-old, but she got over it soon.

Now she has got a new hair cut and she is spending time with her family and friends.

"I feel happy as somewhere down the line I wanted to quit. It's not that I am devastated. I feel free. When I was acting as Parvati, I didn't get my hair cut for a year. The first thing I did after I got the news was visit a spa and then get a new hair cut. Now, I have fringes, which I really wanted," said Sonarika.

Post the incident, she is neither bitter, nor does she hold any grudge against the show producer or the channel.

She won't mind taking up TV assignments as long as they are interesting, but her focus right now is films. A dance reality show would also work as she loves dancing.

When contacted, Sinha said that Sonarika did put down her papers three months back.

But added that "her contract was initially for two years and there was no exit clause".

"Eventually she didn't want to continue for whatever reasons. Then she put down her papers. We had a chat with her and we agreed upon certain amount of money," Sinha told IANS.

As the amount demanded by Sonarika didn't go down well with the producer, both parties decided to call it quits.

"The discussion was done May end and since she was happy with the offer, she continued with the show. Her contract ended around June 12. She asked for a hike, which was unheard of. We had discussed money part and she was given a good raise but, the hike she asked for was unprecedented. So obviously we didn't have that kind of budget," Sinha said.

"We called her and told her we can't offer you this kind of money... We gave her a choice and later she called and said she can't work with this budget and called it quits," he added.
A-A-S thumbnail
Pran saab was in love with his work: Pankaj Dheer
Vijaya Tiwari, TNN | Jul 13, 2013, 03.06 PM IST

Pran saab was in love with his work: Pankaj Dheer
Pran and Pankaj Dheer

Veteran Bollywood actor Pran who passed away after a prolonged illness last evening played villainous and character roles with elan. 

The actor who has been inspiration to many will always be remembered for bringing villains on par with the heroes says actor Pankaj Dheer who shared a screen space with the legendary actor in Sanam Bewafa.

"I am just returning from the funeral rites. It's a great loss and the end of a glorious andmagnificent era. He was a gentleman and an exemplary superstar. He was a man of humility who was passionate and in love with his work and that's the reason he has had such a long run in the industry. He was an inspiration for so many of us like Prem Chopra, Gulshan Grover, Shakti Kapoor and will always be remembered for bringing villains on par with the heroes. He was a perfectionist whether it was his getups or his style, he always inspired us." said Pankaj, who is best remembered for playing Karna in BR Chopra's Mahabharat.

Talking about the experience that he had while working with the legendary actor, Pankaj says, "He was a father figure to me. He made me understand the value of time. He taught me punctuality, dedication, versatility. Pran saab was always on time that to in his entire getup which means he reached sets at least an hour before the actual given time. The actor has done everything right from negative roles to comedy, to character roles; he even sung songs. Just watching him work was a learning experience, the way he approached roles. In an industry where it is only about to each to its own Pran Saab always believed in helping. He would rehearse with us so that we do better."

Pankaj, who was part of the funeral ceremony of the veteran actor, is upset and disappointed over the presence of a handful of members from the Hindi film fraternity, "He has done so much work for the industry. He was the founder member of CINTAA and the work he has done for the industry is commendable. But it feels sad to see just a handful of people from the film industry. The man has worked with so many people. I mean atleast six generations of the Kapoor's have worked with Pran sir but none of them arrived. Mr. Bachchan arrived when everything was almost over. What's the point in coming when you can't even make it on time during the last rites of someone who you really respect. The world has become very materialistic, there's no emotion left," expressed Pankaj.
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

FIR against Devon Ke Dev Mahadev actress . . .

Published by: Nitish Kapoor 
Published on: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 at 10:20 IST

Mumbai: Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev is one among the top television show and this time Television celebrity Charu Asopa who is a part of this show has recently been booked for obtaining passport supposedly on the basis of fake details.

Charu was called from Bikaner and her passport was issued long back.

As per the police officials, the time Charu Asopa applied for the Passport then it was mentioned that she was unmarried and now, it has been revealed that the television celebrity was married to Somveer Pujari.

In relation to this SP directed Sadar Police to file an FIR for providing wrong information during passport verification and under appropriate sections of Passports Act-IPC police registered an FIR.

Team Pardaphash is trying to get in touch with the officials and will soon get back with the updates.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Lord Shiva rules the World of Life OK!

Mohit Raina aka Lord Shiva has been reining his charm and dominance on Life OK since the show's conception, which has been roughly one and a half years. The plot of Devon Ke Dev- Mahadev has surged the TRP's like never before.

The channel has raked in good ratings and public approval only on the back of the popularity of the show. In fact, the show, based on the mythological epic tales of Vedand Puaran have also been compiled in DVD and CD formats and sold all over the nation.

As per the makers, the show is an elaborate, well chalked out epic show, which came on Indian silver screen after a long hiatus post the popular Ramayana and Mahabharata days.

The drama, based on the works of Devidutt Patnaik, was well researched and studied before being scripted into the grand program. Dubbed in several regional languages, the program has proved lucky for the makers. The story began with Shiva's marriage to Sati, followed by Sati's self destruction and the rising of Sati as Parvati.

Soon the story moved ahead, according to the epic lines and Shiva married Parvati. The story reveals more and more interesting character progression with Rishi Durvasa's entry and Kartikeya and Ganesha's birth. The story portrays all the major events that are known in the mythological epic. Right from samudra manthan, Vishnu's giant incarnation as Kurma, Ganesha's fight with Parshuram and the very recent advent ofJalandhar.

The show has captured a lot of applauds owing to the well scripted plot and also the performances by each of the artists. Mohit Raina, without a doubt, has charmed millions with his godly looks and well chiseled body. His expressions, coupled with the strong body language, are making people stick to their TV screen, every night from Monday to Friday at 8 p.m.

Tell us your Views, Reviews, Comments and Suggestions on Twitter-iDubba and set reminders for your favorite shows on iDubba app..

Related Posts via Taxonomies

A-A-S thumbnail
Rishina Kandhari to play Savitri's bodyguard
Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Jul 15, 2013, 05.43 PM IST

Rishina Kandhari to play Savitri's bodyguard
Rishina Kandhari

As Life OK's Savitri undergoes a revamp, a new character will be introduced in the show in tonight's episode. 

Actress Rishina Kandhari, who was seen in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, will enter the show with a power packed role. She will play the part of Nakshatra, an aayar --- fighter and body guard of princess Damyanti. She is the most trusted by Maharaj and Maharaani and is also Damyanti's (Ridhi Dogra) best friend. Damyanti trusts only her when it comes to sharing any secret.

Says the actress, "Nakshatra is like shadow to Damyanti and is with her all the time. She is jealous of Veer and wants to keep princess away from him. She keeps arguing with him all the time even on frivolous matters. It's a fun unit to work with and I am loving my part after Devon Ke Dev Mahadev."

Rishina has learnt horse riding and Karate, which is helping her a great deal in the show.
Edited by A-A-S - 10 years ago
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

" I am a devotee of Lord Krishna- Piyush Sahdev.

Get ready to welcome Lord Ram on your favourite Devon Ke Dev Mahadev. Life Ok's show is gearing up for its breath taking Mahaepisode scheduled to go on air on the 28th July. Piyush Sahdev, who was last seen in the channel's show Shapath has been roped into play Lord Ram. As we have previously reported, the introduction of the Ramayan track on the show gives way to a lot of new ideas, graphics and actors.

Piyush Sahdev, who will be playing the coveted role of Ram is visibly excited about it. He was last seen in the same channel's show Shapath. The shift, however, wasn't a bone of contention at all. Piyush tells us "It was solely the channel's decision and  I am grateful for the opportunity. There wasn't an issue regarding this at all."

Arun Govil who played Ram in Ramanand's Sagar's Ramayan is still known for that particular role. Is Piyush thinking of comparisons at all? "Not at all! I will be stupid to. Arun ji became a legend and I cannot compete in anyway. But I understand the responsibility the role is and I'd try my best to fulfill that."

Mythological shows are big on the scene right now.  You'd think it was hence a conscious decision on Piyush's part to be in the show. However, he begs to differ "it wasn't something I was obsessing over. I am very happy to be a part of a show as big as Mahadev and I have wanted to do a mythological show. I am a devotee of Lord Krishna and I was always fascinated to play Ram or Krishna on TV. I am glad that I will be finally doing it."

http://tellynewsindia.wordpress.com/2013/07/16/i-am-a-devotee-of-lord-krishna-piyush-sahdev/

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
I was promised a salary hike, but makers of Mahadev didn't fulfill that, says Sonarika Bhadoria!

on Monday at 03:29pm
Sonarika Bhadoria had stuck gold with her portrayal of Parvati in Life OK's highly acclaimed mythological series Devon Ke Dev Mahadev. Her eccentric performance made her a household name, but unfortunately that success lived short in her paradise. 

She was shown exit door by the makers after repeated complaints of her unprofessional behavior, said rumor gores. However, what Sonarika spilled about the whole issue, was completely a different tale.  She revealed, "Three months ago I had given a notice that I would be leaving the show as I was getting good offers. I didn't want to continue playing Parvati. But then I had a talk with the head of production. We narrowed down to one thing that is monetary matter. They were willing to give me a good amount of money, so I continued shooting."

It was informed by media that now young girl Pooja Bose has been assigned to continue the role. On this, Sonarika said, "When I approached producers, they asked me to chill. As far as I know, Pooja Bose was to play Sita, so I was very confident about it. Hence, I told the media that I am playing Parvati," said Sonarika, who played the character for more than a year. "He told me that whatever amount was decided, I can't give that much as it's out of budget. I felt cheated because they told me at the last moment. I was asked to take a decision whether to continue with the show or not. I asked for some time," she added.

"On July 7 late night, I got a termination mail. I had to give my decision by morning. When I woke up, my staff called me and said there was a new girl on the set who had started shooting," she added.

Source: TNN

Nikki_Titli thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Article posted by my frnd @Utkarsh Sir's fb page..

A-A-S thumbnail
TV fraternity reacts to the possibility of new TRP rating system
Navya Malini, TNN | Jul 17, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

TV fraternity reacts to the possibility of new TRP rating system
Small screen stars

As talk of monthly TRP rating system and advertisers' dilemma does the rounds in showbiz, here's what the TV fraternity says:

Aamir Ali
I am never perturbed about TRPs. I know the importance of TRPs from different perspectivesand people working on TV because advertisers get a view on which show is better TRP wise. On a personal front, I don't understand much about TRPs and prefer enjoying my shoots. At the same time, channels run because of revenue from ads, so things need to be sorted out.

Shashank Vyas
I am an artist, not a businessman. I have never cared for TRPs. There are people appointed to look into the business and commerce of the show. It's a fact if show is popular you get more ads on a particular show. If the ratings become monthly, instead of weekly, surely business plans of advertisers will change too.

Jay Soni
I believe in the TRPs. TRPs are important to gauge the success of the show. A weekly rating system enables one to make changes in a show accordingly. To an extent the popularity of a show and TRPs would decide where advertisers will advertise more. It also depends on the time slot. New strategies will have to be made after analyzing every aspect of the system.

Rashami Desai
TRPs are not in the actors' hand, it depends on the overall content. If a show is popular, of course advertisers will spend on it. There are shows which are popular but don't get great TRPs. To gauge a show's popularity on TRPs sometimes may be difficult. But advertisers like to be associated with successful shows. That's a business call.

Nikhil Sinha
A monthly rating system would allow the storyline to be worked with more conviction as it need not be changed on a weekly basis. Every idea needs time to shape up properly. The perspective and dynamics of business module will surely change as the market is changing. Probably advertisers will take more parameters into consideration to gauge the popularity of a TV soap and be able to ideate better with more conviction.

Yash Patnaik
While weekly ratings help us gauge weekly performance of our shows, monthly ratings may help understand a trend better as one gets more data to evaluate. Pressure is always good when it's constructive. If weekly TRP data available is accurate then there's no problem. Digitization is the way forward. I am sure all affected parties will find a solution which will be acceptable to all.

Hemal Tharak
Weekly system does bring in its share of pressure specially in this neck to neck competition for GRPs. Equation changes in many ways right from the monthly stories as highpoints become biggest responsibilities of production house. A production house should be in tune with the audience's pulses. Ratings and revenue sure go hand in hand.

Ila Bedi Dutta
Advertising revenue is directly proportional to the GRPs and GRPs are directly linked to TRPs. So, advertising is directly proportional to TRPs. Channels need advertisers to survive and producers to give them good TRPs week on week. So, the pressure the channel feels, gets transmitted to the makers given the advertisers' power to exit the show if the ratings aren't justifying the spend.

Rajan Shahi
There are many intricacies that one is not aware of. On a broader note, very few shows have sustained in the last couple of years. Times are tough since there is pressure to hold on to audience. I am sure the industry will come up with a mutually beneficial way which will sort out the major bottlenecks.

Aashka Goradia
Channels are spending an insane amount of money and it's a given that GECs do need their advertisers. Ratings in fact haven't changed much from the earlier days to us going to setup boxes and digitization. I may see ratings just as an actor, but getting deeper into this topic, pan India ratings that include rural viewership would give a clearer picture. One has to see that TAM is not giving us pan India ratings as they aren't (present) in so many rural areas where only DD is available. Shows can be made without ratings, but without advertisers our shows will run into jeopardy. 

Shivshakti Sachdev
The TRP system has been in existence from a long time. Suggestion of making the rating process monthly, sounds like a good move. TV soaps can focus on tracks with a longer perspective. TRPs are always considered by advertisers in choosing a particular slot for promoting their products. At the same time prime time advertising is decided based on TRPsand monthly TRPs would delay the analysis. It's going to be a catch 22 situation.

Asit Modi
The industry is advertiser dependent. Advertisers are strong and so are the broadcasters. There are more than 100 broadcasters and not one advertiser can afford to lose broadcasters and vice versa. They need to come to an amicable solution. There are other concerns also owning to the proposed TRAI guidelines, which will ultimately increase the competition. To retain the audience will be a much difficult task given the changing dynamics. 

Shama Sikander
I don't like the TRP system. People are more interested in making content that will get them TRPs. Most shows keep showing the same old masala with the objective of getting TRPs. There is hardly any good content on TV. Most shows have a similar pattern of drama. May be with the monthly TRP rating system would be enable showmakers to focus more on the content and creativity rather than worrying about TRPs every now and then.
Edited by A-A-S - 10 years ago
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
http://www.tinselgupshup.com/news/view/252/Neha-Mardas-Beauty-Secrets.html

Neha Marda is a beautiful girl, talented actress and our 'Shringaar' icon. Before the cameras, Neha has impressed us with her poignant performances. We loved her as Gehna in Ballika Vadhu and now we love her even more as 'Vrinda' in Mahadev. We are not upholding Neha as a 'Shringaar' icon because of her angelic soft face with pretty features and glowing skin. Rather, it's because we love that she makes no qualms about the fact that she takes skincare very seriously and, leaves no stone unturned to keep her skin healthy and happy! "I am very strict about my skincare regime because I want to look beautiful. I don't want to cringe when I look at myself in the mirror and I am very proud to admit that I don't need to wear any makeup" admits Neha honestly. In this day and age when images of airbrushed starlets sends us running to the nearest beauty counter, it is refreshing to talk to a girl like Neha who refuses to take her good genes for granted, won't let her busy schedule get in the way and does not rely on easily available cosmetics for quick fixes! Clean and naturally glowing skin requires some work but the results sure beat slapping on layers of foundation! Tinsel Gupshup brings you Neha Marda's beauty secrets

TG: You have beautiful skin, please share your regimen with us (morning and night)

NM: I am very particular about my skin and hair so yes, I do follow a very strict skincare regime. From the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep, I drink almost 5 litres of water. I have a personal beautician who makes my shampoo, facial cleanser and moisturizing cream and all her products are Ayurvedic. Also, I eat a lot of green vegetables and seasonal fruits.

TG: as an actor, you have to wear make-up for long hours, endure strong lights day in and day out, how do you protect your skin when you are shooting?

NM: When I am not shooting, I don't wear any makeup at all. At a shoot, before I apply my makeup, I apply two layers of the Ayurvedic moisturizing cream to my face and neck. I wait about 30 minutes for my skin to absorb the moisturizing cream and then I'll apply my makeup. When I shoot outdoors, SPF is an absolute must and I use liberal amounts of SPF cream on my arms and hands too. I think it's very important for your neck, arms and hands to be of the same skin tone as your face…so all over sun protection is a must! Once my makeup comes off, I'll clean my face and apply a layer of the Ayurvedic cream again.

TG: at shoots, do you wear your own brand of make-up?

NM: I am partial to MAC and Dior

TG: What is the one skin care product you absolutely cannot do without?

NM: Personally, I don't need any makeup and I do have good skin. I don't even use Kajal or lip gloss. I like using lip balms to keep my lips moisturized and that is about it

TG: How do you deal with the occasional break-out?

NM: I would just leave it alone

TG: When it comes to skin care and make-up products are you an impulsive shopper or do you research before you buy and try?

NM: When I travel abroad, I love picking up makeup products from MAC and Dior. At the end of the day, I have to wear makeup because of my profession and there are so many shades that one can experiment with. So I usually buy a lip color or eye shadow, use it at least once at my shoot and then decide whether I like it or not. I don't buy any skincare products and even with makeup, I stick with the brands that suit me. I do get impulsive when it comes to picking up perfumes!

TG: How do you pamper your skin? (Spa treatments, masks)

NM: Not at all! I do go for a regular clean-up every month but that is 100% Ayurvedic. That is it! I don't go for any facials or spa treatments

TG: Your favorite face wash and moisturizing cream? Favorite brands?

NM: I use a face wash by Neutrogena once in a while. Apart from that everything I use is made by my beautician. I am from Kolkata and I moved to Mumbai 5 years back. Mumbai weather can be really harsh and my skin was fine but my hair really suffered. So for a few years I was trying different shampoos and conditioners and nothing was working. A friend recommended this beautician to me and at first I was really skeptical because I did not believe that Ayurveda could help in any way. I am so glad I was introduced to her because she is a miracle worker! Everything she makes is 100% Ayurvedic – my skin is better, my hair is much stronger so I only use her products. I use her shampoo, moisturizer, facial cleanser, kajal and soap.

TG: What products do you carry in your handbag?

NM: Hmmm…let's see…I keep one lip balm, a comb, and a MAC compact

TG: What is your magic home remedy? Something your mother or grandmother taught you?

NM: Even when I was a kid, my mom would apply a mixture of Besan and Milk to my face, arms and legs. Once it dries off, you can rub it off gently and it not only exfoliates the skin, but acts as a fantastic hair remover as well. In fact, this is a really effective and natural home remedy for girls who have facial hair.

TG: One actor (female - Films, Television or Hollywood) who you think has flawless and beautiful skin?

NM: Actually, it is really difficult to answer this question because whenever I meet colleagues from work, they are wearing makeup. Hmmm…let me think. In television, I think Mouni Roy has really good skin. Amongst men, I think Mohit Raina has great skin! I hope he does not read this…I'm sure he will kill me but I think he is beautiful! I remember when I was at the Mahadev shoot, Mohit had changed into his 'Jallandhar' avatar and instead of wearing the Blue costume; he was wearing the Black one. I saw him at the set – long flowing hair, kohl eyes, Black costume and the first thing I said to him was that he was looking very beautiful!! He was so amused and he replied – 'What? Am I supposed to look beautiful or handsome??' I have to admit, he has really good skin! I have also seen Madhuri ji without makeup and she is stunning! Last year, I was shooting an episode of Jhalak to support Chang and I saw Madhuri ji…she just glows! She has absolutely flawless skin and she really looks gorgeous without makeup!

TG: What is Neha's trademark make-up style?

NM: I believe that makeup should enhance your face and your features. So for me, it is about enhancing my eyes and looking clean, fresh and pretty. I always make sure that my hair is neat and tidy, my complexion should be dewy and my skin should be glowing, I'll accentuate my eyes with a beautiful kajal or liner and of course…I have to use the perfect perfume!

TG: The best beauty advice / tip that you have received

NM: I think everyone knows about the benefits of water but for some reason people just don't drink enough water. So my advice will be to drink lots of water because it flushes out toxins, keeps you hydrated and believe me…it is the best thing you can do for your general well being! Coconut water is great but don't drink fruit juices because they contain Glucose and sugar. Also eat a lot of seasonal fruits!

Photo credit: Neha Marda