\|/ :: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev- Article Archive :: \|/ - Page 41

Posted: 10 years ago
Mahadev's Ganga (Deepika Upadhyay) bags Buddha!
Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Jun 26, 2013, 03.50 PM IST

Mahadev's Ganga (Deepika Upadhyay) bags Buddha!
Samiksha Singh & Deepika Upadhyay

TOI.com is exclusively making headlines for Zee TV's upcoming big ticket show 'Buddha'. The show which has been on floors since few weeks is under going some developments with regards to their actors. 

Interestingly, many known names like Kabir BediNigaar Khan, Siddharth Vasudev, Sameer DharmadhikariGungun Uprari, Surbhi Shukla are roped in by the makers (B.K.Modi) to play pivotal roles. However, there is some change as the role which was earlier played by Samiksha Singh has been bagged by Deepika Upadhyay.

Accordingly, Deepika will play biological mother of Buddha, who dies immediately after Buddha's birth. Samiksha, who was earlier finalized for the role has backed out due to some dates issue. Hence, the role has passed on to Deepika, who earlier played Ganga in Life OK'sDevon Ke Dev... Mahadev.

When contacted, Samiksha confirmed, "Yes, earlier I was ready to do it. Talks were on but now I couldn't give dates as I am already busy with my Punjabi films."

Keep reading for more updates!!!

Mohit Chauhan as Janak in Mahadev!

Mohit Chauhan has been roped in play the role of Janak in Life Ok's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev...

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 | 4:01:45 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)

Mohit Chauhan, who is seen as Madan Chacha inStar Plus' popular show Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain, is all set to be seen in a different avatar in Nikhil Sinha's popular show Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev.

Our source informed us that, "Mohit has been roped in to play King Janak in the show."

When contacted Mohit, he said, "I have got a verbal confirmation about playing this role but I am yet to sign the final contract."

He further added, "I follow Mahadev whenever time permits and I like the show. I am very excited to enter the show. I have to grow a little mustache to look like a king." 

Anwesha Kamal

Edited by A-A-S - 10 years ago

Samiksha Bhatnagar to be seen as Mandodari in Devo Ke Dev Mahadev

Raavan's wife Mandodari to be played by Samiksha Bhatnagar.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 | 5:53:55 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)

Samiksha Bhatnagar who is seen as Gurpreet inStar Plus's Veera will soon be seen playing a pivotal role in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev on Life OK.

Our source informs us that, "We are already seeing that  Ramayan track going on in the show where Raavan (Tarun Khanna) and Lord Shiva (Mohit Raina) are already involved in verbal communication."

"It will soon be shown that Raavan's wife Mandodari will also help Raavan during his tough times. The role of Mandodari will be played bySamiksha Bhatnagar."

"The attire that she will wear will be quite elegant and colorful."

"Samiksha will start shooting for in a day or two."

We tried reaching Samiksha but all efforts to reach her were futile.

Sangeeta Kapure & Samiksha Bhatnagar in Mahadev
Vijaya Tiwari, TNN | Jun 26, 2013, 06.54 PM IST

Sangeeta Kapure & Samiksha Bhatnagar in Mahadev
Samiksha Bhatnagar and Sangeeta Kapure in Mahadev

Nikhil Sinha's popular mythological saga Devon Ke Dev Mahadev on Life OK is hogging all the limelight these days as it gears up for its upcoming Ramayan track.

The makers are also not leaving any stone unturned in making it a grand affair. And after roping in Piyush Sahdev as Ram, Mihir Mishra as Dashath, the production house has now finalized beautiful actresses Sangeeta Kapur and Samiksha Bhatnagar.

Sources inform that Sangeeta who is currently seen in Zee TV's Qabool Hai as Zoya's sister Zeenat has been cast to play the role Manthra whereas Samiksha Bhatnagar has been roped into play Mandodari. The shooting for the new track will begin in the first week of July 2013. 

When contacted, Sangeeta confirmed the news and said, "Its true am doing the show. Initially, I was interested in playing one of the three queens of Dashrath but the production house convinced me to play this role as the channel wanted it. They explained me their vision as how they will be showing Manthra and I am happily convinced to do the show." 
Mitika Sharma as queen Sunayna in Mahadev!
Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Jun 27, 2013, 12.24 PM IST

Mitika Sharma as queen Sunayna in Mahadev!
Mitika Sharma

Undoubtedly, Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev on Life OK is known for unflawed casting since its conception. Accordingly the makers (Triangle Films Company) maintaining the trend, don't leave any stone unturned to make their characters look real.

As reported earlier, the story is moving ahead where the Ramayan track will be introduced and names like Mihir Mishra , Piyush SahdevSangeeta Kapure and Samiksha Bhatnagar are already making headlines as they are all set to be part of the Ramayan chunk in Mahadev. 

Now, we have come across one more name who would also join the bandwagon. Source says, "Mitika Sharma, famously known for her negative characters in shows like Shree, Santaan and many more have been finalized to portray queen Sunayna (Sita's mother). Whille the hunt for Sita is still on." 

When contacted, Mitika said, "I am still not cleared on the same. But yes! If everything falls in place then I would be part of Mahadev." 

Mitika will so be seen in Ravi Ojha's upcoming show on Life OK, Gustakh Dil opposite Sachin Verma. 

It's my comeback to television after 10 years: Eshan Bhatia

Eshan Bhatia, the new Ganesha of Life Ok's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev shares his experience of being a part of the show…

Thursday, June 27, 2013 | 6:42:00 PM IST (+05:30 GMT) 

After getting lots of love from the audiences, the little Ganesha (Sadhil Kapoor) has bid adieu to Nikhil Sinha's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev. Eshan Bhatia as the young Ganesha will soon be seen winning the heart of the audiences with his acting skills.

Eshan is making his comeback to television after 10 years after playing the role of Ganesha in Hero on UTV Hungama.

TellyBuzz spoke to Eshan to know more about his feelings of being a part of the show. Eshan said, "It's my comeback to television after 10 years and I am playing the role of Ganesha again. Sadhil is a very good actor and it's becoming difficult for me to connect to his link through my acting. I am trying my level best and hope the audiences will like it."

Talking about his experience of being a part of the show, he shares, "The people here are very good and we enjoy our shoot. It's difficult for me to shoot wearing this costume of Ganesha but I am managing it. The people on the sets are so good that I don't feel as if I am new to this set."

"It will take time for me to adjust in this role properly but I promise to live up to the expectations of the audience," concludes Eshan.

TellyBuzz wishes Eshan all the best!  

Anwesha Kamal

The hottest & popular screen idols: Devon Ke Dev-Madadev's Mohit Raina, Ramayana's Ram Arun Govil

Published by: Deepak Rana 
Published on: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 at 07:08 IST

Mumbai: The face of the Indian television changed when the mythological serials were introduced to it. Amid high TRP race, still, the mythological soaps and the actors have been making waves. 

Be it the current hottest Mohit Raina who plays Lord Shiva in Life Ok's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev or others.

Indian audience whole-heartedly accepted it. In fact, the people fell in love with the shows made a point to watch it; they use to make themselves available to watch these shows. The characters that played the roles of the Hindu Gods were recognized with their character names in real life and accorded a lot of respect and was loved by everyone.

'Ramayan', 'Krishna', 'Jai Hanuman' were among the most famous mythological serials. The characters who played the roles in the mythological series received huge admiration from the audience.

The most famous actors of these shows are Arun Govil, Sarvadaman D. Banerjee and Sanjay Khan.

Arun Govil who essayed the role of Hindu mythological God Ram, got very popular amongst the audience. In fact, still few recall him as the actor who played Ram.

Sarvadaman D. Banerjee is an another actor who shot to fame with a mythological serial that portrayed the story of lord Krishna, the actor played the role of the Hindu God 'Krishna' in it. 

Sanjay Khan is another name that became popular amongst the people for its role in 'Jai Hanuman'. He played the role of Hindu god Hanuman.

Another most popular mythological character running these days is of Lord Shiva in the serial ' Devon K Dev..Mahadev' actor Mohit Raina is receiving lot of appreciation, love and respect for his role.

Well, the popularity of television stars that were a part of the mythological series proves that whether its older generation or today's both love to watch them.

Pooja Bose replaces Sonarika as Parvati in Mahadev?

Published on 27Th June at around 6.00 PM By leading news agency of India - Times Of India
Pooja Bose replaces Sonarika as Parvati in Mahadev?
Pooja Bose

Earlier, TOI.com exclusively reported on replacement drama of Sonarika Bhadoria aka Parvati of Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev, courtesy- her never ending tantrums and demands, which created waves and lot of hullabaloo in the media. However, with the passing time, the topic was pacified with Sonarika's interviews on various sections of media saying she has been re-stored in the show.

Interestingly, once again we have received an exclusive piece of news saying, the show has found a perfect replacement for Parvati. Yes! You read it right. If source are to be believed than after a month long hunt, the makers (Triangle Films Company) have finally got their new Parvati and Mahadev's better half will now be played by none other than, our very own, graceful Pooja Bose.

"Pooja Bose of Star Plus' Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna fame has been zeroed down to play the new Parvati and consequently Sonarika would wave her final bye to her audiences soon in the coming episodes," says source.

Pooja Bose, who kept a distance from TV post Sarvagun Sampann, made headlines for not returning to small screen and continuing with Bengali films, is finally re-entering the tinsel town, we can say.

When contacted, Pooja Bose said, " Talks are on but nothing is confirmed as of now."

all our efforts to reach, producer Nikhil Sinha for the same but he remained unavailable.
A

Sangeeta Kapure in Baal Veer!

Sangeeta Kapure is on a career high these days as she will play a cameo in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev and will also play the role of Bawandar Pari's friend who will help her in destroying Dharti Lok.

Thursday, June 27, 2013 | 1:58:03 PM IST (+05:30 GMT) 

Sangeeta Kapure who is seen as Zoya's (Surbhi Jyoti) sister in Zee Tv's Qubool Hai will now be part of Devon Ke Dev Mahadev on Life OK in the Ramayana sequence in the role of Mantra.

Furthermore our source informed us that, "As Mantra is an antagonist she will be plotting and scheming in the sequence. Along with Devon Ke Dev she will also be seen in Baal Veer in Bawanadar Pari's (Deepiksha Nagpal) troupe harassing Baalveer (Dev Joshi) and creating ruckus on Dharti Lok. Playing negative in the show her look is similar to Bhayankar Pari (Shama Sikandar)."

When contacted Sangeeta Kapure said, "I have no clue about Baal Veer as I have just given the look test and not yet signed it so I can't comment on Baal Veer, but yes, I am very much part of Mahadev."

Keep reading this space for more updates on your favourite shows.

It's leap time for 6 TV shows
Abhimanyu Mishra, TNN | Jun 30, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

It's leap time for 6 TV shows
Ankita Lokhande

With TRPs deciding how the world goes around on television, some daily soaps are taking a time leap to revamp their storylines and create more viewer interest

Bade Acche Lagte Hain
Leap period: 15-20 years
What's expected: Though the serial took a six year leap recently, by the looks of it, it's time for an encore. The 15-20 year leap planned in July 2013 was originally meant to see a divorce between the lead couple Ram and Priya, but after audience uproar, the track has been scrapped. The creative team is still working on the various twists and turns during the leap, which will also mean some new characters being introduced.
After-effects: Most of the star cast will stay back, some new actors will be signed up for the new generation characters.

Qubool Hai
Leap period: One month
What's expected: Post the one month leap, the protagonists Asad (Karan Singh Grover) and Zoya (Surbhi Jyoti) have separated and the male lead is poised to marry antagonist Tanveer.
After-effects: The Ajmer track takes off leading to interesting revelations and a possible reconciliation between the leads.

Devon Ke Dev Mahadev
Leap period: 15 - 20 years
What's expected: The serial is set to take a 15 - 20 years leap. Ganesh grows up, marries Riddhiand Siddhi and the story takes its course.
After-effects: Child star Sadhil Kapoor who played the child Ganesh has been replaced by Eshaan Bhatia who's now the grown up Ganesh. Mihir Mishra, Tarun Khanna and Chavi Mittal have also stepped in to play important roles.

Dil Ki Nazar Se Khoobsurat
Leap period: Five-six years
What's expected: A five year leap is expected to spice things up and give the show a second lease. So bubbly Aaradhya (now an RJ), loses her child and husband and becomes more responsible towards her family. She also develops a soft corner for Dr Shekhar (Sachin Shroff) and his son. After-effects: Mitali Nag and Abhishek Malik, the second leads have quit the show because they didn't want to play parents.

Ek Veer Ki Ardaas Veera

Leap period: 10 years
What's expected: A perfect example of fan power, the story was originally supposed to take a 10 year leap within three months of its launch. But the popularity of kid stars Bhavesh Balchandani and Harshita Ojha forced the makers to continue with the track.
After-effects: Rahul Sharma, who was slated to play the grown up Ranvijay, got fed up of waiting and signed up Ek Ghar Banaunga, the hunt for the new leads is on. Sneha Wagh is expected to stay back in the cast while Kapil Nirmal is weighing his chances.

Pavitra Rishta
Leap period: 15 - 20 years
What's expected: The storyline is still being worked out and is underwraps.
After-effects: The makers of the show brought Ankita Lokhande back and promised her a meatier and younger role (she's playing her own grand-daughter after the leap). Post the leap announcement, the younger actors Rithvik Dhanjani, Asha Negi, Jia Mustafa, Karan Sharma, Shakti Arora and Shruti Kanwar have reportedly put in their papers, refusing to 'age'.