Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

"Balika Vadhu is like mother, Mahadev is level up"

Monday, May 20, 2013

Neha Marda, known in every middle-class household as Gehna from Balika Vadhu, has recently entered in Nikhil Sinha's Devon Ka Dev Mahadev as Jalandhar's wife Brinda and has been creating an impact. Sandeep Hattangadi spoke to the homely girl about her life and times. Some excerpts...

What have been the landmarks of your career?
Landmark – Definitely, Balika Vadhu.

How do you feel playing Brinda?
I feel great playing Brinda, it's a fantastic character with diplomatic shades of her personal thoughts.

What is so unique about your role? 
Uniqueness - she is not sugar quoted, very strong, self independent in her thoughts, very strong personality, only person who can mould Jalandhar and most important, her pavitrata, last but not the least Rajkumari of Asur but follower of Devtas. 

How much time you take in getting ready
Not much time, it takes barely 40 mins to get ready but 2 hours to start the scene 

How is it working with Triangle Film Company and producer Nikhil Sinha?
It's been so far my first mythological, first time working with Triangle and rather first encounter with producer Nikhil Sinha. I think he is a fabulous person, very down to earth and most important, has an outstanding vision for direction and a lucky man with a beautiful wife Suhana Sinha. They are highly creative people. It's nice to be working on their Magnum-Opus Mahadev.

What are your interests other than acting?
Interest - cooking, singing, dancing, house parties, movies, brunches and most important to be with my husband.

Do you miss Balika Vadhu? People still remember you as Gehna
I do miss Balika Vadhu a lot; it was different school all together. I was Always a student there and I have learnt so much that I can clear all my exams of life in any career or personal life. I had mentors, friends who became family, it was like my mother's house and when I got married I had to leave them and go but they are going to be always a part of my life.

How has life changed post-marriage?
My life has taken a 360-degree turn post marriage but that's all for good...I have somebody all the time to guide me, follow me, handle me and love me and stand for me. I am blessed to get Aayushman as my husband, couldn't have asked anybody better than him.

Best compliment you ever received?
Being an actress, it's very normal to get compliments, but I really feel I am looking beautiful when my husband looks at me and says that I have fallen in love with you again.

Your dream role?
For my dream role, ideally I have to first dream and then decide. As of now I am looking for versatality where I can justify myself with new challenges.

ZYour favorite actor and actress?
All time favorite - Salman khan, actress all time favorite - Kajol and after working with Mohit Raina, I think first time from television I am a fan of his... I hold him in high regard.

Who inspires you?    
My inspiration is only two people in this world. My mother and Lord Shiva.

Message to your fans?
Have faith in God, never lie and always be good to people, life will be beautiful.

http://www.afternoondc.in/television/balika-vadhu-is-like-mother-mahadev-is-level-up/article_82960

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Double roles make a comeback on TV

Stuti Agarwal, TNN | May 20, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
Jobs in TCS - Urgent.
www.monsterindia.com - Immediate Requirement. Submit CV to Apply & Find Jobs!
Ads by Google
Double roles make a comeback on TV
Jallandhar versus Mahadev
Jallandhar versus MahadevDouble roles had leapt out of the big screen and entered the domain of the small screen with the likes ofSandhya Mridul in Hubahu, Hansika Motwani in Hum Do Hain Na, Hema Malini in Kamini Damini, Gaurav Chananna in Hey...Yehi To Hai Wo, Juhi Parmar in Kumkum, Narayani Shastri in Piya Ka Ghar, Suhasi Dhami and Karan V Grover in Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli and Rubina Dilaik in Chhoti Bahu. 

After a gap of almost a decade, double roles are back once again. 

While Mahadev and Uttaran have been showing double role episodes for a while, Balika Vadhu has joined the bandwagon with a similar track being played on the show. It won't be a surprise if others too follow suit. 

Tina Dutta portrayed the characters of mother Ichcha and daughter Meethi in Uttaran for an entire year. Recalling the experience she said, "Portraying two characters simultaneously in a daily soap is very taxing. Especially when you have to do chroma shoot, you need to change into your next attire in 30 minutes because they have to freeze the frame. Also, a change in character is also about change in your mannerisms, thought process and body language."

Quite naturally, it was a challenge portraying two separate characters together. Brushing aside any suggestions of inconvenience, Tina added, "Double roles help you prove your acting skills as it gives you more space and variation. Above all, it's a big challenge as you need to have loads of patience."
Rupali Guha, the producer of Uttaran said she wanted Tina to play both the roles as she was the face of Uttaran. "I didn't want the show to lose its essence. Kudos, to Tina that she was ready to take up the challenge. However, portraying a double role is extremely taxing in a daily soap as the time element is very short. Also, it leads to increase in the shooting time and production cost as a single scene has to be done twice." 

Sunjoy Waddhwa, who has just introduced a double role track in Balika Vadhu, where Siddharth Shukla will portray the character of Shiv as well as Vikram, said, "It's a natural progression in the show, which is aimed at adding the element of excitement. It's a temporary flavour. When I introduced Gaurav Chananna's double role in Hey...Yehi To Hai Wo, it was different because the whole serial was based on double role. In Balika Vadhu, it is just a case of mistaken identity." 

Speaking about her stint at playing a double role, Rati Pandey of Hitler Didi fame said, "Shooting a double role was very difficult, especially for me since Zara and Indira had the maximum scenes together. So I had to change my get-up three to four times a day. Also, I had to do the same scene twice. After two months of doing this continuously, I was bored, suffered from anxiety, got exhausted and my health deteriorated. In fact, every member of the unit got harassed. We all heaved a sigh of relief when the track ended." However, she added that she enjoyed shooting both the characters. "Though Zara had negative shades at one point, she was definitely more lovable, but Indira was more enjoyable because I got to experiment more." 

Double roles have been pivotal to the mythological serial Mahadev, where the lead actor, Mohit Raina has essayed more than 30 characters in this show. 

Nikhil Sinha, producer of the show, which has a triple role track going on at present said, "Mahadev is a mythological serial and we just couldn't get away from double roles. I knew it would be difficult from the production part of view, more so because it is a mythological serial where the get-ups are so elaborate. Mohit Raina takes one hour to dress up as Mahadev, and another two hours to change and get into the skin of Jallandhar. It's a tedious process, but we have no option because the story demands it." The benefit of this labour? People relate to the actor better. 

Mohit Raina shared, "For me each and every character is important. It was not easy to play Mahadev, a positive character, and Jallandhar, a grey character, at the same time. I will be pleased if people like and appreciate the efforts we actors put in to do justice to our roles." 

Sasural Simar Ka is all set to introduce a double-role track soon. Avika Gor, who plays Roli, and now Jhumki in Sasural Simar Ka, said, "I was very confused when I was told that my character of Roli would die, and I would then have to portray someone totally different from that character. But it is challenging and as an actress, I have to be okay with playing any character. For this particular character, I have to change myself from head to toe. But I really don't know whether Roli and Jhumki will be shown in the same frame." Well, we'll know soon. 

But does the double trouble also double up the actors' pay packets? The answer is a clear no. "Their shooting days increase, so the payment automatically increases," reasoned Rupali, while Sunjoy added, "They are only doing one scene at a time na." 

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

"I got to learn a new chapter of acting from Mohit"

Neha Marda in talks with TellyBuzz on her character coming to an end in Life Ok's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev

Monday, May 20, 2013 | 4:28:06 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   2 Comments  |  141 Views

Neha Marda, who is seen as Vrinda in Nikhil Sinha's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev is soon going to say a goodbye to the show, since as per the track Vrinda's character will soon be ending.

Our source informed us that, in the upcoming tracks of the show, the viewers will get to see the character of Vrinda coming to an end as she will take Jal Samadhi. The track will be that Vrinda has been cheated by Narayana due to which she feels offended because she is now no more a 'Pativrata'. So, Vrinda decides to end herself and takes a Jal Samadhi which will mark the exit of Vrinda from the show.

When we called Neha, she confirmed the news and spoke about her experience of working with the team of Mahadev especially Mohit Raina. Neha said, "It has been a wonderful experience working with the team. All the people from the production house and actor Mohit Raina are amazing. He is an outstanding actor. He is very much dedicated towards his work and makes his co-actors very comfortable. For him, the only thing which is important is that I am Vrinda and he is Jalandhar. He gives his 100% to his role. I got to learn a new chapter of acting from Mohit. People end up assuming Mohit as being arrogant but I think that he is so occupied and dedicated to his work that he does not get time to sit and chat with anybody on the sets. It has been an amazing experience to work with Mohit and an amazing experience to be a part of Nikhil Sinha's show. I had a lovely time working with the team."

She further added, "I was never fond of playing Temple Run on my phone but while on the sets of Mahadev I never got a chance to sit and chat with anybody on the sets because everybody was very busy in their work. Earlier, I hardly used to score around 10,000 but with playing during all the free time, now I have score more than a crore."

Talking about her future plans, she said, "I am looking forward to do good, promising and more challenging roles in the future. I had shot for the pilot of Pratigya 2 but later decided not to do the show for which I was finalized to play Komal's daughter. While doing Mahadev, I realized that this is not the thing I want to do. So, I decided to quit the show before starting it itself."

Anwesha Kamal

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Paravati To warn Jalandhar And To Make a Shivling To Pour Water On It To Calm Mahadev In Devon Ke Dev Mahadev

In Todays Episode Of  Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, Vrinda waits for Jalandhar until he returns from Jal Samadhi. Shukracharya praises her. Jalandhar tells Shukracharya that he has overcome his fear to retain his latent powers. Ganesha stops Menavati and Him Naresh from entering Iskandra.     Shukracharya enlightens Jalandhar about a weapon. He advises him not to waste the weapon on Mahadev, as it can be used only once. Jalandhar disguises as Swami Adiyogi and tries to distract Parvati from Samadhi. Ganesha becomes shocked on learning the same.  

In The Upcoming Episode Of  Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, Jalandhar  will use Mayashakti and will disappear from the Amaranth cave where Parvati is meditating. Shukracharya  will try hard to tell Jalandhar that he had made a big mistake.Shukracharya will abandon Jalandhar for what he has done. otherside Ganesh will try to convey everything to Mahadev. Vrinda will ask Jalandhar to sit for the 'pooja'.Paravati  will warn Jalandhar  and will tell him that he has made a big mistake by kidnapping her. Kartikey will  kill Yamraaj while Paravati  will make a Shivling and  will pour water on it to calm Mahadev.

Note: Don't Miss To Watch The Maha Episode Of Devon Ke Dev Mahadev On 2nd June 2013 At 8:00 PM Only On Life Ok.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev': Lord Shiva & Jalandhar all set for clash of titans on May 27

Published by: Deepak Rana 
Published on: Wed, 22 May 2013 at 18:50 IST

Mumbai: Life OK channel's mega soap 'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev' has already generated quite a buzz and with the entry of Jalandhar an ansh (part of Lord Shiva ), the episode is witnessing nail biting thrill with each episode. Jalandhar is hell-bent for a clash with Lord Shiva as is destined in the mythological soap opera.

The countdown has begun for the battle royal of Mahadev clashing with Jalandhar . Anxious moments are high and those who had been religiously following the soap, the d-day is nearing an end.

The highly awaited episode is scheduled to be aired on 27th May 2013 and high voltage drama and action is in the offing for the fans of Mohit Raina who plays Lord Shiva and Sonarika Bhadauria Parvati who is portraying Goddess Parvati.

As being witness in the last episodes that Jalandhar thinks that he has the supreme power and can overpower Mahadev. It calls for a clash of titans among Mahadev and Jalandhar. Jalandhar is also contemplating flaws and loose points in Shiva's power to ensure his victory. 

In the previous episode, Jalandhar was shown lamenting the unethical treatment meted out to the Rakshas community and claiming that the Gods have always used them for vested interests.

Jalandhar claims that it was unfair on part of the Rakshas and he will ensure a fight back in this regard. For this purpose he has started gathering weapons also and this act comes under the notice of Lord Shiva who has been maintaining stoic silence over the ruckus created by the Shivji's ansh pr part Jalandhar.

Lord Shiva said that so far the Gods have been silent over the uproar by Jalandhar, as he has been fighting for objective justified and now the water has come to the nose level and under current circumstances it will not be tolerated.

It is known that Mohit Raina plays Lord Shiva in the mythological serial 'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev' and Sonarika Bhadoria plays Parvati. The viewers are now-a-days glued to the screen to witness the majestic clash between Lord Shiva with his own part Jalandhar.

Life Ok's serial 'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev' has emerged as a soap which makes the audience impatient with the ensuing thrill with every episode and current storyline has been successful in grabbing the top TRPs full throttle.

Main lead of the Mythological soap Mohit Raina and Sonorika Bhadoria had already won followers who can make any Bollywood celebrity shy and not to count their Twitter and Facebook fans.

The current episode is depicting the tussle between Jalandhar and Lord Shiva while Goddess Parvati is also going through a rough face after falling into oblivion.

Lord Shiva in the form of Adi Yogi (Mohit Raina) is helping his dear wife Parvati (Sonarika Bhadoria) to get back her memory through yoga on Life OK's Devon Ke Dev.

Shiva is supposed to be the first yogi. His first student was his wife Parvati. 
Lord Shiva had blessed Parvati for retrieving her memory.

Adi Yogi is expected to accomplish his mission of helping Parvati to recollect the fond memories of all that she had forgotten. And story suggests that afterwards Parvati will return to the holy abode of Kailash.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

I'm playing hottest god ever: Mohit Raina

IANS | May 24, 2013, 05.46 PM IST
Share More
A
A
3 & 4 BHK Spacious Flats
KoltePatil.com/24K-Allura-NIBM-Pune - Premium Homes at 24K Allura in NIBM An Exquisite Project by Kolte-Patil
Ads by Google
Mohit Raina is tagged as "hottest god on the small screen", thanks to his role of Lord Shiva in the mythological TV show " Devon Ka Dev - Mahadev". Happy doing the role, he has no fears of being "typecast".

"I don't feel an image can really bind an actor. In earlier times, it used to happen as there were not many channels and not so many shows. With time, people would want to see me more. I will entertain them," Mohit told IANS.

As Mahadev in the Life OK's show, his popularity has soared, but Mohit's focus is on acting, not ratings.

"I don't get into the leagues and numbers. This is my job and I will keep entertaining people. I am happy in my own space," he said.

He has been termed as the "hottest god on the small screen" by many. Commenting upon that Mohit, said: "I am playing the hottest god ever, so I didn't have to do much... I take the compliment and do my job."

His fit body certainly plays an important role in making him so popular among viewers and Mohit says that he works out "45-50 minutes everyday...I try to do some kind of physical activity everyday".

He has been part of shows like " Chehra" and " Ganga Kii Dheej", but hit the pot of gold with "Mahadev".

Describing the role as a "life time opportunity", Mohit says he does not want any break to unwind himself, and adds that "I just work to destress...I want to concentrate on the show".

"I used to plan a lot. I have stopped planning after 'Mahadev'. I want to give my best to Lord Shiva," said Mohit who wants to be part of shows with a strong storyline.

"The USP of the show is the story. So, the story has to be really strong as it gets the audience hooked. If there is a good story, I will take it up," he reasoned.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

I'm playing hottest god ever: Mohit Raina

Mohit Raina is tagged as "hottest god on the small screen", thanks to his role of Lord Shiva in the mythological TV show "Devon Ka Dev - Mahadev".

Friday, May 24, 2013 | 6:26:26 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   4 Comments  |  95 Views

Mohit Raina is tagged as "hottest god on the small screen", thanks to his role of Lord Shiva in the mythological TV show "Devon Ka Dev. Mahadev". Happy doing the role, he has no fears of being "typecast".

"I don't feel an image can really bind an actor. In earlier times, it used to happen as there were not many channels and not so many shows. With time, people would want to see me more. I will entertain them," Mohit told IANS.

As Mahadev in the Life OK's show, his popularity has soared, but Mohit's focus is on acting, not ratings.

"I don't get into the leagues and numbers. This is my job and I will keep entertaining people. I am happy in my own space," he said.

He has been termed as the "hottest god on the small screen" by many. Commenting upon that Mohit, said: "I am playing the hottest god ever, so I didn't have to do much... I take the compliment and do my job."

His fit body certainly plays an important role in making him so popular among viewers and Mohit says that he works out "45-50 minutes everyday...I try to do some kind of physical activity everyday".

He has been part of shows like "Chehra" and "Ganga Kii Dheej", but hit the pot of gold with "Mahadev".

Describing the role as a "life time opportunity", Mohit says he does not want any break to unwind himself, and adds that "I just work to destress...I want to concentrate on the show".

"I used to plan a lot. I have stopped planning after 'Mahadev'. I want to give my best to Lord Shiva," said Mohit who wants to be part of shows with a strong storyline.

"The USP of the show is the story. So, the story has to be really strong as it gets the audience hooked. If there is a good story, I will take it up," he reasoned.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

TV doesn't give as much liberty as films: designer Neerushaa

Costume designer Neerushaa, who has been designing for the television industry for the last 12 years, talks about lack of freedom as they have to "go though many people" and admits it is "much harder" to work for TV projects.

Friday, May 24, 2013 | 6:38:35 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   0 Comments  |  26 Views

Costume designer Neerushaa, who has been designing for the television industry for the last 12 years, talks about lack of freedom as they have to "go though many people" and admits it is "much harder" to work for TV projects.

"TV doesn't give you freedom. It is your aura and how you want to present yourself that matters. I have an image in the industry, so people understand that if I will create something, it will be good. I will not say they have blind faith in me as people change and new people come," Neerushaa told IANS.

She added: "It is about how confident you are. TV doesn't give you as much liberty as films. Films have one person's vision. Here you have to go through so many people. TV is much harder. You have to consult everyone. When I create a costume, I have to get it approved by 25 people...it is a tough job."

She has designed for shows like "Mahadev", "Hatim", "Maharana Pratap", "Shubh Vivah", "Kuchh Toh Log Kahenge", "Jamuna paar", and "Veer Shivaji" and tries to improve with each project.

"All my shows are better than my earlier ones. I did 'Maharana Pratap' pilot two years back. It took time to go on air. 'Mahadev' is on air, but after this if I will do a mythological, everyone's expectation will be much higher. I will have to create something with much more grandeur and royalty," she said.

Talking about her future plans, she said she has many shows in the pipeline and added: "One or two costume dramas will also change the TV scene in India."

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
I'm playing the hottest God ever on small-screen, says Mohit Raina!

Owning a tempting personality and outstanding acting skills, Mohit Raina has become a household name with his performance as Lord Shiva on Life OK's highly popular mythological TV show Devon Ka Dev Mahadev.

Mohit says he is happy with the given space and will continue entertaining audience this way. He don't care being called as typecast with this genre rather prefers more work in the same league. "I don't feel an image can really bind an actor. In earlier times, it used to happen as there were not many channels and not so many shows. With time, people would want to see me more. I will entertain them," says Mohit, who believes in presentation over rating and scoring.

"I don't get into the leagues and numbers. This is my job and I will keep entertaining people. I am happy in my own space," avers Mohit, a receiver of title-Hottest God on the small screen by audience. "I am playing the hottest god ever, so I didn't have to do much... I take the compliment and do my job," says Mohit.

Mohit is popular due to his perfect physique that suit absolutely to Lord Shiva. He says, "I work out 45-50 minutes everyday...I try to do some kind of physical activity every day."

About the show, he said, "The USP of the show is the story. So, the story has to be really strong as it gets the audience hooked. If there is a good story, I will take it up," he reasoned.

Keep enthralling fans and lovers Mohit!

Source: TNN
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Challenging roles portrayed on Indian TV!

Posted on May 24, 2013 by Malavika

Although the regular soaps and the dramas portrayed in each of them hardly leave us thinking about the stark difference contained therein, but we can appreciate the difference brought in by way of the characters.

The women, who come as the strong protagonists, come as women of substance, which is almost next to impossible in today's generation. The very idea of portraying such characters, which imbibes the goodness of moral values, practical solutions, loads of maturity and sensibilities to handle and evolve in a situation, is a tough task for the actors.

Anandi from 'Balika Vadhu' is one challenging role as the character goes through a lot, yet endures everything with patience and lots of optimism. Right from getting married as a child, against her wishes, fighting hard to voice her concern about women injustice, facing infidelity to her second marriage, the character has evolved through every setback and come out as a winner!

Sandhya from 'Diya Aur Baati Hum', is another strong character and yet a very challenging one. Just like Anandi, the character goes through several emotional and cultural and social upheavals in life. In spite of all this, she does manage to make a place in every one's hearts, by keeping patient, virtuous and above all calm.

From the past too, our Indian TV has helped in honoring women and giving them roles that are way beyond challenging. Smriti Irani's portrayal of 'Tulsi Virani' is something which has been immortalized by the actor. Her role was quite challenging as it was the first of its kind. Maybe now there are numerous women, portraying something similar, but when Ekta Kapoor wasn't that buzz word, Smriti Irani did something very challenging. Her role of strong daughter-in-law, fighting injustice done by her mother in law or her portrayal of a selfless woman, is still remembered in awe.

The on screen portrayal of 'Kiran Bedi' in 'Udaan' was a much challenging role as the actor had to incorporate all the hardships and the turbulent times, which the Kiran Bedi had actually gone through in  her real life.

While there are numerous challenging roles portrayed by women, men have also had equally meaty roles to portray. The recent one is Mohit Raina's portrayal as 'Mahadev' on Life Ok, is something which is attracting a lot of awe, admiration and love for him. The actor has to go through the challenges of being a god, let alone a human. The physically demanding role is making the character as challenging as any other.

Similarly, the physically demanding roles of actors, where they play the challenges of being a character from some epic stories are equally tough. Some of them are the ones, portrayed by actors for characters like 'Chandragupta Maurya', 'PrithviRaj Chauhan' etc.

Tell us your Views, Reviews, Comments and Suggestions on Twitter-iDubba and set reminders for your favorite shows on iDubba app..

http://www.idubba.com/articles/2013/05/24/challenging-roles-portrayed-on-indian-tv/