Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Aadiyogi to ask Parvati to go to Kashi In Life Ok's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev.

Nikhil Sinha's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev is going to bring forth yet another interesting episode for its viewers. The viewers of the show will get to see some more new test of Parvarti .

As Show In Last Episode That Jalandhar Shows His Power Infront Of Shukracharya & Shukracharya Thought To Use Him Against Devta. Otherside Mahadev In His New Avataar Of " Aadiyogi" Continues To Take Test Of Parvati. In Todays Episode  Parvati  shocked to see Mahadev while decorating the room for Adhiyogi'.

In Upcoming Episodes Of  Devon Ke Dev Mahadev  Now  Jalandhar  will notices a strange side of Asurs as they start to fight amongst each other. Seeing all this Jalandhar will scold them and tell them not to fight and Jalandhar  will tell Shukracharya that he has devised a plan to unite Asurs. Other side it will be shown that Aadiyogi will  ask Parvati to go to Kashi where she will going to  meet someone. & They will be Sati's Parents Prasuti & Daksha.  jalandhar will also starts training Asurs Against Devta

To Catch All This Interesting Track  Keep Watching "Devon Ke Dev Mahadev" & Its Maha Episode On 7th April 2013 At 8:00 PM.  

http://starplusnews.wordpress.com/2013/04/02/aadiyogi-to-ask-parvati-to-go-to-kashi-in-life-oks-devon-ke-dev-mahadev/

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Nikhil Sinha and Contiloe Telefilm's war over Maharana Pratap

Vijaya Tiwari & Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Apr 3, 2013, 03.23 PM IST

Yesterday (2 March 2013) media was abuzz with the news about Contiloe Telefilm gearing up for a new historical drama Bharat Ka Veer Putra- Maharana Pratap on Sony Entertainment Television

The channel announced about their new venture by releasing a press release however the twist in the tale is that the makers of popular mythological saga Devon Ke Dev.. Mahadev(Triangle Films Company) are on their verge to launch their version of Maharana Pratap soon."

Shocking? Isn't it? Reliable sources from the industry informed us, "Even before Contiloe Telefilms' could get started with their version of Maharana Pratap, producer of Mahadev Nikhil Sinha has already begun working on the same epic saga. The casting for his show is already half way and is planning to launch the show post IPL.

Another source from the industry inform that Abhimanyu Singh ofContiloe Telefilm's has been working on the show since 2011 and had even submitted a pilot to one of the popular GEC's however things didn't work out and the show never saw the day light. But this time everything seems to be in place and they reworking on the project. The casting for Abhimanyu's Maharana Pratap is currently on.

We too hear that the research work on each characters and construction of the set is almost done for Nikhil Sinha's Maharana Pratap whereas the casting for the project will get locked by 20th of April, 2013 and it will be aired on Life OK. Abhimanyu Singh states, "I wanted to make Maharana Pratap for a long time now and it's a pleasure to come up with the show on a larger scale with different approach altogether. The show will be a daily soap and not a weekly."

When asked on Triangle Films Company making the same project, Abhimanyu cleared, "I don't have any idea or I don't know anything about such project coming up."

We also spoke to Nikhil Sinha Producer of Triangle Film Company, who said, "Yes, I have been working on the project on the line the great Maharana Pratap since quite some time now and we have heard about Contiloe Telefilm's venture too. But nothing can stop us and we will definitely come up with the show. So what if the plot is same it's how you make, conceive and vision it at a project."

Well, only time will tell who will win the final battle?

A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Tellytown gears up for digitisation
Navya Malini, TNN | Apr 3, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

TV fraternity on what to expect post the Phase II of digitisation drive in 38 cities

With the digitization move spreading across 38 cities post March 31, 2013 in addition to the metros, as part of the phase II of the digitisation in the country, the television fraternity is keeping its fingers crossed. However, there is an air of optimism related to the possible outcome of TRP ratings following the increase in reach to smaller cities.

Shashank Vyas, actor: It's good to knowlarge spectrum of cities and towns will contribute to the TRPs. Hope we get a bigger perspective about the shows and the target audienceswith the new system. Business wise TRPs do make a difference. To reach to more audiences to gauge TRPs is a positive move.

Nikhil Sinha, producer: There are some positive trends expected in TVRs. This move does not affect creative people directly, but it will affect the dynamics business wise. Now the sample size is going to increase, and even though there were speculations about huge difference it will only become clear over a period of time.

Siddharth Kumar Tewary, producer: Digitisation has just come in and will take a year to settle down. Creatively it will definitely have an impact. However, audience fragmentation in our country will increase the demand for high quality content.

Yash Patnaik, producer: We may see new stories and characters from newer cities/villages. Acceptance of content will be more realistic. This could make producers explore more and will certainly affect the ratings. There will be more competition and more focus on content.

Swapna Waghmare Joshi, producer: It depends on how TRPs are going to differ, and how the change in reach of TV content will lead to exploring new dimensions. I hope content reaches more middle class homes. If the demography in terms of the target group (audience) changes, there will be some impact in the following months.

Ila Bedi Dutta, producer: Digitisation to new cities has increased the range of gauging TRPs, so its perspective has increased many folds. Business wise it will be significant as TRPs do count. At many homes in smaller towns TV is the only source of entertainment.
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Mansi Sharma to enter Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev

Vijaya Tiwari, TNN | Apr 4, 2013, 04.02 PM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
Mansi Sharma to enter Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev
TV actress Mansi Sharma, last seen in Aasmaan Se Aage.
Triangle Film Company's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev aired on Life OK has been witnessing lot of new entries one after the other. 

After roping in Amrapali Gupta as Mastyakanya, the production house will now introduce a new character of Indrani which will be played by TV actress Mansi Sharma, last seen in Aasmaan Se Aage.

Sources inform that Mansi who played the role of Sandhya, KC's ( Apoorva Agnihotri) personal assistant in Aasmaan Se Aage will enter the show as Indrani, Lord Indra's wife. The actress had earlier auditioned to play the role of Saraswati but the makers later finalized her to play the role of Indrani. Mansi will start shooting for the role from tomorrow (5 April 2013). 

When contacted, Mansi said, "Yes, I have given the look test for the show however I can't comment anything on the role as I am yet to start shooting for the role." 

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Parvati gets kidnapped in Mahadev!

Wandering in the jungle,Parvati is abducted by the Asurs in Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev...

Friday, April 05, 2013 | 1:45:14 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   3 Comments  |  439 Views

In the upcoming episodes of Nikhil Sinha's popular mythological show Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev on Life OK, we will witness a few interesting mind gripping scenes.

In the previous episode of the show, we saw Mahadev happily continuing the journey with his wife Parvati and children, Ganesha and Kartikeya. Somewhere in the ocean a new body emerges who is the ansh of Mahadev. Matsakanya raises this ansh, Jallandhar, as her own son. Insecure about Jalandhar's presence, Indra sends his army to kill Jallandhar. But in the process the army ends up killing Matsyakanya, and thus Jallandhar is filled with rage and anger.  Shukracharya (Asuron ke Guru) sees Shiva in Jallandhar. He realises that Jallandhar would be apt as the the leader of Asurs and starts training him.  Shukracharya also gets him married to Vrinda, a very pure soul because of whose bhakti, Jallandhar is infused with even more power. Jalandhar, now filled with pride, challenges the Devtas.  

In the forthcoming episode, we will see how Parvati is abducted by Asurs. On the other hand, Jallandhar imposes an ultimatum to all the Devtas to return what that they took during the Sagar Manthan and failing do to so would mean that they would have to face his wrath. He is so blinded by power that under the coaxing of Narad he challenges Mahadev, hoping to to replace him as the Devon ka Dev.

Don't miss the next episode Devon Ke Dev Mahadev!

Krishma Solanki.
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

TV promotions get wacky

Amrita Mulchandani, TNN | Apr 6, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
More
A
A
TV promotions get wacky
Taarak Mehta... celebrated its 1000th episode by distributing jute bags filled with diyas and sweets and 1000 guests wore the chashma ooltah
Innovative promotional strategies are not just Bollywood's exclusive domain with TV serials adapting their tricks to suit their purposes.
?
"Unique promotional activities create a buzz and such promotional efforts help in grabbing eyeballs (in the light of so many serials across TV channels vying for attention). To set our show apart, we decided to do a compilation of comments so that the entire unit is motivated and knows what went wrong with the content, which can help us grow better," says producer Yash Patnaik of Ek Veer Ki Ardaas — Veera. The show celebrated its 100th episode by takingfeedback from 100 viewers in addition to taking the lead characters to a langar sewa at the Golden Temple in Amritsar.

Industry watchers feel creative promotional drives are important in today's time because fiction shows now need to have a realistic touch. "The more real a show is, the easier it is to connect with the audience. TV shows are make-believe, but are inspired from real life. Today, fiction shows are probably more rooted in reality than reality shows and that's why viewers want to see real locations in their favourite TV shows," says Prashant Bhatt, channel fiction head.

In times when TRPs can decide the popularity of soaps on a weekly basis, GECs feel shows need aggressive and more direct promotional activities even though they involve huge sums of money. Ajay Bhalwankar, content head of a GEC says, "Pavitra Rishta's strength lies in understanding Mumbai's common man and mirroring his reality. Creating an opportunity to shoot in a chawl in Mumbai is our way of thanking out audiences who have loved and supported the show."

The showmakers don't mind spending the moolah for all these promotional activities. Prashant says, "How you package your show makes all the difference these days and for that one need to spend money. If a small gift is wrapped in a fancy way, then it definitely attracts more attention. They say a book shouldn't be judged by its cover, but if the cover isn't appealing then no one will pick it up from the shelf. So, one has to go out of its way and make a mark."

Pavitra Rishta shot its 1000th episode in a real chawl in Kandivali recreating the atmosphere of the show.

Sanskaar — Dharohar Apnon Ki team distributed laddoos during their Ahmedabad visit.

Bal Hanuman chanted The Hanuman Chalisa, distributed laddoos and gave pravachan.

Taarak Mehta... celebrated its 1000th episode by distributing jute bags filled with diyas and sweets and 1000 guests wore the chashma ooltah.

Devon Ke Dev... started a social awareness campaign to keep the Ganga clean.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Non-stop home entertainment

The market is flooded with DVDs of popular serials, After Hrs explores if they are really worth our while

Kshama Rao

Single mother Kriti Parandikar doesn't get enough time to relax, and when she does, she and her teenage daughter sit for a marathon session of watching the Sarabhai V/S Sarabhai DVDs. She says, "Ever since the show wound up a few years ago, I have been waiting for a second season. Since that doesn't seem to be happening, the next best thing to do was to buy the DVDs. It's the ultimate stress-buster."
Parandikar is not the only one, says an official of a leading chain of bookstores. "The Sarabhai DVDs sell like hot cakes. Every time we get a new batch, they fly off the shelves. We have DVDs of other shows like Nukkad and Naya Office Office. There are mythologicals too but Sarabhai seems to be an ultimate favourite."
JD Majethia, co-producer of Sarabhai which was about an upper class, elite family starring veterans Ratna Pathak Shah and Satish Shah, says he isn't surprised. He remembers how people would come to him and demand for DVDs. But since the copyright was with Star TV, "It was a decision they had to take. Once I had been to Ahmedabad and had seen CDs of the show floating around. Someone else was making money on it and it was time Star did something out of it. And that's how these DVDs came out. I am told they are in great demand and I am not surprised given its content and production values, which were both ahead-of-its-time."
Says RH Chhatrapati, associate vice-president, sales and catalogue marketing, Universal Music, "We have always believed in good content and bringing out DVDs of TV shows are the best way to satisfy your consumer. Taking this concept ahead and beyond music, we approached Star TV for licensing their products for home videos and that's how we brought out DVDs of Naya Office Office, The Great Indian Laughter Challenge — Seasons 2 and 3 and Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai." He adds that good stories and popular shows always have a big market. "Viewers will always remember their favourite shows and love to have them in their collection."
Life OK and Ultra recently joined hands to bring out a limited edition DVDs of their flagship show, Devon Ke Dev Mahadev. Ajit Thakur, General Manager, Life OK says a survey was carried out last year where it emerged that Mahadev was one of the most-loved Indian TV characters. "The show was making an impact. The idea was to cater to an audience which was perhaps new and had missed out on the initial episodes. We were receiving a lot of letters and requests from high-profile people for these DVDs…so we re-edited and repackaged the content. Though people watch shows on YouTube, it's not always convenient. There is definitely a market for video on demand and home videos and it's only growing." 
Thakur says that the Mahadev DVD sales too have been brisk and they do plan to come out with the next edition. "The first set had the story up to Mahadev's marriage so naturally the next set will carry the story forward." 
However, Majethia says it's only content that's "all-time-classic" will stand the true test of time. "It's not just about contemporising content, it has to be ageless. Also, the show has to look new. Even if your content is good, if it looks dated and old, then chances are it may not always work." Traditionally too, sitcoms have lent themselves better to home videos. That they have a finite number of episodes is another advantage. Says Chhatrapati, "Mini-series/episodic series definitely work better and nowadays it's mostly comedy which people look forward to buy. We have already released Best of Khichdi and Instant Khichdi. Whether we will bring out more shows or not is greatly dependent on the quality of content and consumer preferences." Kshama Rao

Published Date:  Apr 10, 2013

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Neha Marda makes a comeback with Mahadev

Vijaya Tiwari, TNN | Apr 10, 2013, 03.51 PM IST
Share More
A
A
Neha Marda makes a comeback with Mahadev
Neha MardaMore Pics

RELATED

Neha Marda, who rose to popularity with her character Gehna in Balika Vadhu has been away from TV since quite some time now but the beautiful and talented actress is all set to make a comeback with Triangle Film Company's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev aired onLife OK.

Sources inform that the on-going Jalandar track which has already created a lot of buzz amongst the viewers will have a new addition as Neha Marda will enter the show. Neha has been finalised to play the role of Vrinda, Jalandar's (Lord Shiva's clone) lover. The future track will highlight Jalandar (Mohit Raina) and Vrinda's (Neha Mehta) love story. The couple will also be seen getting married on the show. Neha will start shooting for the show from today (10 April 2013).

Neha was recently in news for bagging the role of Chinki in Pratigya season 2.

When contacted, Neha confirmed the news and said, "Yes, I am doing the show. I am in fact going on the sets right now. I got a call from the production house yesterday night for this character and I am really looking forward to play the role." 

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Neha Marda returns with..Mahadev

Chaya Unnikrishnan

eha Marda best remembered as Gehna of Balika Vadhu had quit acting to get married to Patna- based businessman last February. After a year of marital bliss, the actress is all set to make a comeback to TV with the mythological Devon Ke Dev Mahadev. She will play Brinda, wife of Jalandhar, who is a lookalike of Lord Shiva, albeit with grey shades. Says producer Nikhil Sinha, "We were looking for a good actress and our search ended with Neha. Brinda will have positive influence in Jalandhar's life." Neha, who has started shooting for the serial is excited being part of a show that is about her 'Ishtdevta, Bholenath'. "It was my vrat of 16 somvar that got me my husband so when I got this serial there was no question of saying no," smiles Neha who was looking for a show in which she would have a prominent role. "Though I am doing a cameo (her role will last as long as Jalandhar's track is there), my character is very strong," she informs. Ask her whether she has seen the earlier episodes of Mahadev and she confesses that she hasn't been an avid watcher. "My mother-in-law watches it religiously and she felt I should have played Parvati!" smiles Neha. Ask her what kept her away from acting for so long and she quips that she wanted to take a break after seven years of non-stop shooting. "I did Balika Vadhu for four years and before that was doing other serials. When I got married I wanted to spend time with my husband and indulge in all those things that I had missed earlier. Also, for most part I was abroad," she says. As for her husband's reaction to her facing the arclights again, Neha says that he is elated as he used to think that she is missing out on work. "It was I who had to convince him that I needed this break," she quips.
Chaya Unnikrishnan

Published Date:  Apr 12, 2013

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

"Mohit Raina is the best Lord Shiva on TV": Santosh Shukla

Published by: Faisal Saif 
Published on: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 at 03:53 IST

Many of us are unaware of the news that Santosh Shukla, who is currently busy in shooting for Salman Khan's upcoming venture 'Mental' played the role of Lord Shiva in Mahua channel's 'Jai Jai Shiv Shankar'.

Until now the actor portrayed various deities from Lord Ram to Lord Krishna and gradually became face of mythological sagas. He was quite fortunate because he got the opportunity to participate in Colors' biggest controversial show Bigg Boss, which refined his life for the better. "It's really difficult to portray divine roles but sometimes it's even more difficult to break the image because once you do a mytho, the chances to get type cast are much higher. I am triumphant enough to get the image makeover, "says Santosh Shukla.

If given an opportunity will he play Lord Shiva again? The actor asserted, "Lord Shiva? Na baba na. Television par Shiva ke roop mein ab sirf Mohit Raina achche lagte hai (No ways, Mohit Raina looks the best as Lord Shiva on Television). He is an amazing actor."

According to Santosh, Mohit is playing a very important role in making the show such a massive hit apart from the huge production values, sets, amazing costumes and writers. "I was quite shocked when I saw him as Bhagwaan Shankar. Playing Lord Shiva in such a huge mythological show that is larger than life is not a joke. In 'Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev', Mohit carries himself so gracefully that one can't even expect someone else to play Lord Shiva in any other show. I actually want to meet him and congratulate him for doing such a fantastic job. He is best Shiva till date," quips Santosh.