\|/ :: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev- Article Archive :: \|/ - Page 26

Posted: 11 years ago
The writing's on the wall, er, small screens. Television soaps no longer need to piggyback ride on stars to rake in the TRPs. The report cards of the last two weeks (week 4 & week 3 of TAM Peoplemeter) have amply proved that point. 

Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chasmah (SAB TV) and Balika Vadhu(Colours) are tied at the top slot (with a TRP of 4.4) for two consecutive weeks. Neither shows have any of television's much wanted superstars in their creditlines. Balika Vadhu is riding a new high since the entry of model-actor Siddharth Shukla (who had to his credit two daily soaps that barely got noticed until BV made him a face to reckon with on TV) has stepped in as Shiv, the charming IAS officer who's swept the protagonist Anandi into a courtship and marriage (that had an airtime of three months) and has a new track where a reformed Jagya (played by Shashank Vyas) takes a stand against domestic violence and child marriage; while Taarak Mehta is banking solely on Dilip Joshi and Disha Vakani's superb comic timings. Both BV and Taarak have also benefitted immensely from the weak 8 pm programming of Star Plus, Zee and Sony.
Perched at No.2 is Diya Aur Baati Hum (4.1), a consistent performer, a show that prides itself on tackling social issues like women's education and Neelu Vaghela as Bhabo and Anas Rashidas Suraj are the names that have helped the show notch its steady numbers in its one and half year stint. c (Star Plus) has made a surprise comeback in the top 5 slot (with a TRP of 3.9) after a time leap and is No.3. At No.4 is Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke (Zee TV), the sleeper hit of the channel (with a TRP of 3.8, a slight dip from last week's TRP of 4.0) has relatively unknown faces leading the star cast and has still managed to get the numbers and turn the broadcaster's GRPs favourably. Madhubala Ek Ishq Ek Junoon is No 5 with 3.6 TRP; followed by Sasural Simar Ka at No.6 (TRP of 3.5). Madhubala...'s star ace is teenage heartthrob Vivian D'sena and the talented Dhrasti Dhami. Sasural...'s current track has Avika Gor playing the stellar role in saving her family fortune. In the supporting cast are Deepika Samson and Manish Raisinghani.Saath Nibhana Saathiya, Pavitra Rishta and Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha... are at No.7, tied with the same TRPs 3.4. Even after three years, Saathiya's only starry face belongs to Roopal Patel also known as Kokila in the show.

Pyaar... which had come under scanner a couple of months ago for poor TRPs has done a surprise comearound and is delivering the numbers again.

Pavitra Rishta with Ankita Lokande and Ritvik Dhanjani is poised for a time leap again amid reports of Ankita quitting the show doing the rounds, the current story about two impending weddings and pregnancies has struck a chord.

Zee TV's Qubool Hai has inched into a comfortable No.8 slot (TRP of 3.3) thanks to Karan Singh Grover's charisma and also an honour killing track - both appear to have found a connect with audiences. At No. 9 is Sab TV's Chidiya Ghar (TRP of 2.7), a ribtickler with no heavy duty cast. Devon Ka Dev Mahadev is No. 10 with a TRP of 2.6. And the common point between the top shows of this week? Apart from Karan Singh Grover, Vivian D'sena and Dhrasti Dhami, none of the shows needed a big star to grab eyeballs. High drama, some ribtickling and tearjerking moments did the needful. 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Storylines-get-TRPs-not-stars/articleshow/18268798.cms
  • 1 Feb 2013
  • Hindustan Times (Mumbai)

Sonarika's secret to happiness

Being an actor means working for long stressful hours and dealing with hectic schedules. But this does not apply to Sonarika Bhadoria, aka Parvati in Nikhil Sinha's show Mahadev on Life OK, who looks cheerful and energetic on screen. The reason behind this positive attitude — Sonarika has been a member of The Art of Living Foundation since she was nine.

The actor, who strongly believes in her guru, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, says, "I have always been very connected to him. His thoughts and his way of living inspire me. He believes that no matter how old you are, you should always be a child at heart."

Talking about her initiation into The Art Of Living, she says, "My parents feel peaceful as they meditate regularly. Since my father was a follower, I joined too."

Previous StoryNext Story

The show 'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev' has been a hit with the audiences. Going by the popularity, the channel decided to extend support for the social cause of saving the Ganges with a cultural festival named 'Mahadev Ganga Mahostav' in Haridwar.

Dailybhaskar.com exclusively spoke to Mahadev aka Mohit Raina in Haridwar who is geared up for the social cause. He said, "I am a part of this because I feel somewhere people can identify with me and the love that I have got from them. I feel that people will listen to me if I say them to save our Ganga".

The Mahotsav culminated with an exciting cultural evening after a series of activities aimed at creating awareness and encouraging people to contribute towards conserving Ganga. Popular actor and singer Manoj Tiwari enchanted the audiences with a special performance. Manoj was joined by children from talent show 'Hindustan Ke Hunarbaaz' who created music through unique instruments made out of waste products. While 'Devon ke Dev'. Mahadev' actor Mohit Raina urged people to support this initiative. As many as 15,000 people attended the mega event at Rishikul Ground.

The Mahotsav was inaugurated in Haridwar by Shri Vijay Bahuguna, Chief Minister, Uttarakhand on 9th January. The Mahadev Ganga Mahotsav now moves to Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh in its journey to spread awareness on Ganga.

We hope that this move will ensure brighter future of Ganga.

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/ENT-mahadev---s-mission-to-save-ganges-4163849-NOR.html

Sonarika Bhadoria - The biggest fan of Rocky & Rambo!

Saturday, February 02, 2013 | 3:00:15 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    9 Comments
Sonarika Bhadoria - The biggest fan of Rocky & Rambo!

Sonarika Bhadoria aka Parvati of Life OK's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadevreveals information about her crush…

Sonarika Bhadoria, who is playing the role of Parvati in Nikhil Sinha's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadevhas a great fan following. But who is the heart-throb of Sonarika? Well, he is none other than the Hollywood superstar Sylvester Stallone. 

She has kept all the parts of the film Rocky with her and she watches them whenever she gets time. Sonarika is a huge fan of the action genre like Chinese martial arts, super hero movies like Superman, Batman and Spiderman. 

Sharing about her madness for Sylvester she said, "I have grown up watching Rocky and Rambo. He has always been my favorite. I used to share my wish of marrying him when I was a kid. I still have a big crush on him."

"I love action and whenever I have watched these heroes jumping, fighting and performing stunts, I used to get an adrenaline rush and my father and my brother had to face it because I used to fight with them after that. it was like a dream come true for me, when I was shooting for the action sequences of Maa Kaali and Maa Durga. I felt like a super hero when I was up in the air and I also got to learn a little bit of sword fighting," concluded Sonarika. 

Author: Anwesha Kamal

Kuber's entry in 'Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev'

Monday, February 04, 2013 | 2:03:32 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    2 Comments
Kuber's entry in 'Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev'

Kuber invites Mahadev's family for dinner at his place.

In the upcoming episode of Life Ok's mythological show 'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev', we will see the entry of Kubir.

In the upcoming episode of the show we will see Kuber reaches Kailash and invites Mahadev's family for dinner at his place. On the same Mahadev tells Kuber that his family is too big, so on his family's behalf he will only send Ganesh.

Kuber feels relieved that Mahadev has accepted his invitation and is sending his son at his place. But Ganesh tells him that he has to feed him first and then only the rest can eat. Kuber is happy on hearing this and starts preparing food dishes for Ganesh.

As the food gets served to Ganesh at Kuber's place, he eats all the food and yet is hungry. He finds nothing to eat so he gulps the pillars, also the vault and is about to eat Kuber too.

Looking at the situation Kuber informs Mahadev and Parvati on what is happening. They reach at Kuber's place and ask Ganesha to calm down. 

To watch this interesting episode, don't miss to watch 'Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev'.

Reporter and Author:Krishma Solanki.

Don't want to be typecast as Parvati: Sonarika

Sonarika Bhadoria, popularly known as MataParvati from Devon KeDevMahadev has gone for an image makeover in her latest photoshoot.

Says Sonarika, "The main reason for this bold shoot is that I don't want to be typecast as a mother figure. I don't want my fans to know me only as Parvati. I want them to know the realSonarika, who only plays the role of a goddess. I didn't have any hesitations at all in doing thisphotoshoot, thinking it could disappoint my fans, 'coz I know my fans will love me in this avatar too. Aaj-kalzamanabadalgayahai. HumpehliwaaliRamayanke Ram aurSitanahihain. People are crazy about us because of our onscreen portrayal of gods, but at the same time, they know that we are not at all like that in real life."
Another reason why Sonarika would want viewers to see her beyond her onscreen character is her plan to foray into Bollywood. "Nothing is finalised as of now, but I am getting a lot of Bollywood offers. I have been reading a lot of scripts but have not signed a movie. The kind of movies that I am being offered are usually romantic, where I play the girl-next-door character. Bollywood has always been my first love. I have always dreamt of becoming a Bollywood actress. TV toh ek step tha films ke liye."
Does that mean that Sonarika will quite Mahadev if she gets an interesting film offer? "Not at all! I am still contract-bound with the channel. I have a one-year contract with Nikhil Sinha, the producer of the show. But when I told him about my Bollywood dream, he gave me complete freedom to pursue a career in films, if I can manage TV and films together. But I don't think that is possible, since TV takes up most of my time."

Will Priyanka Chopra be Mohit Raina aka Mahadev's Parvati?

By TellychakkarTeam 5 Feb 2013 - 15:03

Priyanka Chopra and Mohit Raina

Priyanka had been avoiding the question of marriage stating that she is eagerly waiting for her Dulhe Miya. However, things seem to have changed and her family has taken keen interest in finding her an appropriate partner.

Recently we found out that PC's maasi (aunty) has found a suitable man for her niece. No it's not a Bollywood star or a business man! We caught up with Priyanka to find out who is the lucky guy. A blushing Piggy Chops revealed that it's none other than the king of small screen, the most adored Mahadev himself!

Priyanka's maasi is smitten by the omniscient yogi and considers him to be a well-behaved, honest young man who is also an exceptionally good actor. On the other hand when we informed actor Mohit Raina aka Mahadev about the same, he was left speechless! He was at loss of words to express his feelings. All he managed to mumble was that he was grateful to PC's maasi for considering him as an appropriate life partner for the reigning Bollywwod Diva!

Well certainly remains to be seen whether PC will take her maasi's choice seriously. For more such snippets keep reading Tellychakkar.com and you can also tune in to Zoom.

http://www.tellychakkar.com/news/will-priyanka-chopra-be-mohit-raina-aka-mahadevs-parvati

Mahadev dons a Batuk avatar!

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 | 6:43:37 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    2 Comments
Mahadev dons a Batuk avatar!

Life Ok's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev dons a Batuk avatar after Parvati appears in a Kali avatar…

Nikhil Sinha's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadevis going to bring forth yet another interesting episode for its viewers. The viewers of the show will get to see Mahadev as Batuk.

According to our sources, the show is going to have a maha episode on the 10th of February in which the viewers will get to see Mahadev (Mohit Raina) in a young avatar. Parvati (Sonarika Bhadoria) is soon going to take a Kali avatar in the show. Parvati will again comeback in her real avatar. It will be interesting to watch Mahadev donning this avatar. This is all what the maha episode of the show is going to offer its viewers.

The character of Batuk will be played by child artist Sadab Khan.   

Reporter and Author: Anwesha Kamal 

Party to celebrate Mahadev's 300 episodes

By Stuti Agarwal, TNN | Feb 8, 2013, 12.44 PM IST
Share More
A
A
Party to celebrate Mahadev's 300 episodes
Mahadev

RELATED

Producer Nikhil Sinha and Suhana Sinha threw a glittering bash at Rare Valley Farms in Vasai to celebrate the successful completion of three hundred episodes of the no. 1 show on Life Ok —Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev.

The cast and crew, including Mohit Raina,Sonarika Bhadoria, Mouni Roy, Sadhil Kapoor, Jiten Lalwani, Pankaj Kalra, Charu Asopa and R.K. Dutta had a gala time at the barbeque party as they beat the chill with warmth of friendship, food and fun.The young Ganesha, Sadhil Kapoor, was seen taking to Bollywood thumkas while Amit Tandon looked on.
On accomplishing this landmark, producer Nikhil Sinha says, "It feels great to turn 300 episodes old. It's an overwhelming moment. We are living up to the expectation of audiences and we will continue making the same efforts. I am thankful to the entire team as well as the channel. Mythological shows always interest the audiences as Indian audiences relate to it. How a story is narrated is also very important. Audiences are intelligent as they want to see something fresh and relatable." 

Nikhil adds, Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev clicked with masses and classes as the story of Shiva appealed to audiences. Also, the show is very contemporary. I also believe that the perception and mind set of the audience has changed. Initially people believed that mythological shows were mostly watched by older generation, but I am happy that even the younger generation has connected to the show."
Niikhil Sinha and Suhana Sinha played the perfect hosts as the party went on till the wee hours of the morning.

Devon Ke Dev Mahadev scores a 300!

Friday, February 08, 2013 | 3:08:13 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    9 Comments
Devon Ke Dev Mahadev scores a 300!

The entire team of Life OK's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev celebrated their success of completing 300 episodes…

Producer Nikhil Sinha and Suhana Sinha threw a bash at Rare Valley Farms in Vasai to celebrate the successful completion of 300 episodes of Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev on Life OK which is No. 1 show on the channel and has created history of sorts by garnering a huge fan following and appreciation for it.

The barbeque party beating the chill with warmth of friendship, food and fun let everyone have a gala time. The cast and crew had enjoyed this fun filled evening. The young Ganesha Sadhil Kapoor danced to popular bollywood numbers.

Producer Nikhil Sinha and Suhana Sinha, Mohit Raina,Sonarika BhadoriaMouni RoyAmit TandonSadhil KapoorJiten LalwaniPankaj KalraCharu Asopa, R.K.Dutta were present at the party.

On this accomplishment Producer Nikhil Sinha says, "It feels great on turning 300 episodes old. It's an overwhelming moment. We are living up to the expectation of the audience and we will continue making the same effort. I am thankful to the entire team as well as the channel.  Mythological shows always interest people as Indian audiences relate with mythology and our own history. How a story is told is also very important. Audiences are intelligent and they want to see something fresh and relatable."

Nikhil adds, "'Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev' clicked with masses and classes as the story of Shiva has appealed to audiences and the show is very contemporary. I also believe the perception and mind set has changed. Initially people believed that mythological shows were mostly watched by the older generation but I am happy that even the younger generation has connected to the show."