Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Ganesha of 'Mahadev' wants to be bigger star than Salman

Wednesday, January 09, 2013 | 6:52:02 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    8 Comments
Ganesha of 'Mahadev' wants to be bigger star than Salman

He is all of seven, but Sadhil Kapoor has already made a place for himself in the heart of viewers with his heartwarming portrayal of Lord Ganesha in the popular mythological show "Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev". The child actor hopes to

sadhil kapoor and salman khan

He is all of seven, but Sadhil Kapoor has already made a place for himself in the heart of viewers with his heartwarming portrayal of Lord Ganesha in the popular mythological show "Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev". The child actor hopes to become a bigger star than his ideal Salman Khan one day.

"I want to be an actor in future. I am a huge fan of Salman Khan and want to be a bigger star than him," Sadhil told IANS.

"I even met Salman once on the sets of 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'. He gave me a chocolate and autograph too," he added.

This is not the first show that Sadhil has been a part of. He was previously seen in "Chintu Chinky Aur Ek Badi Si Love Story", "Bhai Bhaiya Aur Brother !!!" and even features in Surf Excel's latest ad.

The young one is enjoying being Ganesha to the core as he has a ball on the sets.

"It is fun to play Ganesha. I play a lot on the sets with Kartikeya (Rushiraj Pawar) and Ashok Sundari (Ahsaas Chanana). We play 'pakdam-pakdai' together," said Sadhil.

The current track of the show focuses on the growing angst of Kartikeya over Ganesha, which eventually leads to a race between the two to decide who will be worshipped first.

The special episode featuring the race will be aired Sunday on Life Ok.

Sadhil also impresses with his flawless dialogue delivery. The dialogues, he says, are "difficult for me to learn as they have heavy Hindi words. Sometimes I don't understand them, but my father helps me to memorise them".

A class IV student at the Seven Square Academy, Sadhil has fans among his friends and family and says: "All my friends and family members are very happy to see me on TV."

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Glad youngsters have connected with Mahadev: Nikhil

Glad youngsters have connected with Mahadev: Nikhil
Triangle Film Company's Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev seems to be touching new heights with each passing day.

The show has not only garnered impressive numbers since day one but has also managed to be the number one show on the channel ( Life OK). Recently, the show achieved a feat of completing 300 episodes.

On accomplishing this landmark Producer Nikhil Sinha says, "It feels great on turning 300 episodes old. It's an overwhelming moment. We are living up to the expectation of audiences and we will continue making the same efforts. I am thankful to the entire team as well as the channel. New characters are coming up but the focus will remain to be on Mahadev and Parvati's life as the story progresses."

With this the trend of mythological shows also seems to have caught on again. When quizzed about the reason behind this, Nikhil says, "Mythological shows always interest the audiences as Indian audiences relate with mythology and our own history. How a story is told is also very important. Audiences are intelligent they want to see something fresh and relatable."

Nikhil adds, "'Devon Ka Dev... Mahadev' clicked with masses and classes as the story of Shiva has appealed to audiences and the show is very contemporary. I also believe the perception and mind set has also changed. Initially people believed that mythological shows were mostly watched by older generation but I am happy that even younger generation has connected to the show."
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Telly stars to walk the Ramp for the brand 'Womaniya'.

Friday, January 18, 2013 | 1:30:35 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    1 Comments
Telly stars to walk the Ramp for the brand 'Womaniya'.

The very well known Television stylist Nikhat Mariyam Neerusha launches her own brand and designer showroom 'Womaniya'.

The gorgeous beauties of the television world,  Adaa KhanDivyanka Tripathy, Kamya Punjabi, Sayantani GhoshKritika Kamra, Shruti Ulfat, Sonarika Bhadoria, Sakshi Pradhan,Jaya Bhattacharya, Rakshanda Khan amongst others will walk the ramp for the the store launch of 'Womaniya' by Nikhat Mariyam Neerusha.

Other names from the small screen who will be attending the launch include Ashwini Kkalsekar, Aastha Chaudhary, Chetan Hansraj, Indrani Haldar, Dolly Bindra, Faisal Raza khan, Harshad Chopra, ProducerRajan ShahiKarishma TannaKavita Kaushik, Kishwer Merchant, Manini De, Rukhsar, Sai Deodhar, Anirrudh Dave, Sharad MalhotraAyub Khan, Rakesh Vasistha, Riddhi Dogra, Producer Deeya Singh and Tony Singh,Shriti Jha ,Karnvir Bohra,Supriya Pilgoankar, Sachin Pilgoankar and Supriya Shukla. 

When we spoke to Neerusha about her new store launch she said, " I am launching my brand and store named 'Womaniya' which is totally women oriented store where you will find everything related to girls right from the accessories, shoes and clothes".

Further she added saying ,"I have been styling and designing since the past 15 years and now finally i launch my own brand and store on the 20th January".

Nikhat Mariyam Neerusha has been a stylist for many of the Television shows as well as  movies like Hatim, Prithvi Raj Chauhan, Dharamveer, Raajkumar Aryan, Banu Mein Teri Dulhan,Shabnam Mausi , Santan, Alhaudal,Ravan,Bandhan,Shaurya aur Suhani, Jhansi Ki Rani,Miley Jab Hum Tum , Bandhan, Antara, Hello Dolly, Kalki, Apki Antara,Kahani Hamarey Mahabharat Ki , Tere liyey , Bidaai, Baat hamri pakki samjho , Maryada, Rishton Se Badi Pratha , Dil se diya vachan, Devon Ke Dev Mahadev , Shubh Vivah , Kuchh Toh Log Kahenge,Jamuna Paar,Veer Shivaji, Dharampatni.

We wish Nikhat Mariyam Neerusha hearty congratulations and a successful life ahead.

Reporter and Author:Krishma Solanki
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

In conversation with Campaign India, Ajit Thakur, general manager, Life OK, opens up on expanding the market base, targeted channel share for 2013 and more.

Life OK, the second Hindi GEC from Star network, completed a year's run in December 2012. Campaign India caught up with Ajit Thakur, general manager, Life OK, to understand the strategies that worked in the channel's favour and the ones that didn't. Thakur also shed light on plans for2013 and how a second GEC in a network operates. Edited excerpts:

What is the current channel share of Life OK in the Hindi GEC genre? How has it grown?

The current channel share for Life OK is 10 per cent. When Star One was transformed into Life OK, we had a 3 per cent share in the Hindi GEC market. We started off with 30 to 40 GRPs and today we hover around 120 GRPs on most weeks. In places like Uttar Pradesh and New Delhi, we garner 180 to 200 GRPs at times. Clearly, we have been among the fastest growing GECs in the country.

What were the highlights of this viewership growth phase?

First would be the take-off of Saubhagyavati Bhava. We asked people to tell us how they'd want the story to proceed and got a tremendous response from over two lakh people. And these were all paid calls.

Second was the turnaround of Devon ke Dev Mahadev. The show didn't get much response initially. We decided to treat it like it were being launched every month. And now it has become an event. The Mahakali episode was the highest viewed episode across all GECs in the last year. It registered close to 8 TVR.

'Savdhan India' would be the third highlight. It was a total experiment in the crime show genre wherein we didn't talk about police or authorities solving crimes. Instead, it shows you stories of common folk battling crime and setting a precedent for others to follow. The show opened with a 6.7 TVR.

Any specific strategies you tried in the last year that didn't work out?

When we started off, we were clear that Life OK is going to be an anti-GEC Hindi entertainment channel - in that it will have shows that are entertaining but they'll be relevant at the same time. They will have a social message at the end of it. And we were clear that we will not have anySaas-bahu series. We stuck to it but in the process we realised that some shows, which had a strong social message, were not very high on entertainment. Tum Dena Saath Mera was one such show. Some of these shows didn't deliver.

Secondly, we were slow in expanding our market base. We started in the North with UP and Delhi and got an overwhelming response. But we could have continued to expand further which didn't happen. That's going to be our agenda for this year now.

We also realised that we didn't utilise outdoor marketing initially. We intend to change that this year as well.

What does your media plan look like?

We still spend more than half of our marketing budgets on TV given its wide reach. Our online engagement is pretty strong, be it via Life OK's website, Facebook page or our Twitter account. In fact we launched online eight hours before we went live on TV. We had different music bands performing for us (at the launch), where they'd sing their respective Mahadev themed songs and we'd introduce our chief characters from different shows through the gig.

Life OK was the first to air shows without any commercial breaks. How has that worked so far?

It worked well. But as inventory grew and the channel gained momentum, we have had to change that pattern.

How different is life when you're working for a second GEC of a big network?

It's interesting to say the least. Uday (Shankar) and Sanjay (Gupta) encourage us to compete with Star Plus all the time. Our biggest ambition is to rival Star Plus, in fact. We have separate teams so there's no overlapping of any kind. We work at a good arm's length and enjoy a healthy competitive relationship. Sometimes, we compete for producers and fight to get the same show. But there's no such thing as one channel being given more importance than the other within the network.

How strong is the traction toward Life OK's Live TV service? Are there plans to enhance online viewership?

I don't think there's regular sampling happening online on our website. People do go online to watch promos and navigate what's new but chances of them watching an entire show online is highly unlikely. In that sense, the Live TV service hasn't really broken through. But that's got more to do with the internet penetration than anything else.

There are enough changes happening, and the scenario will change soon. For now, we are not looking at trying to push viewership online. But we will constantly focus on enhancing online engagement with our audience.

How have advertisers responded to the online service?

Quite positively. But that's because advertisers have their own opinion on the content. Yet, online TV at the moment is not sizable enough to become a revenue stream for us. In future, of course.

What is the channel's approach to social media, and what are the budgets like?

We are not spending a significant amount of money on social media. But we are constantly growing our fan base. Social media is critical for us in three aspects. It allows our online audience (mostly men and youngsters) to see our content, to engage with it, and most of all, it facilitates a feedback mechanism for us. I love going through all the love-hate mails/messages they send us on Facebook and Twitter. It helps you devise future strategies as well.

What should one expect from Life OK in 2013?

We plan to double our share from 10 per cent to 20 per cent. But without compromising on our core philosophy - relevant entertainment. Our shows are finite and they'd have to be replaced. We plan to launch one new show every month. We'll continue to tell new stories and if there are old classics, we'll try to tell them differently but you'll find a distinct element everywhere. Getting Madhuri Dixit as a sutradhar (narrator) was a good idea. We're planning to get another big celebrity (relevant to Life OK's proposition) who will take that role to the next level.

http://www.campaignindia.in/Article/329334,our-biggest-ambition-is-to-rival-star-plus.aspx

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Life OK launches Mahadev Ganga Mahotsav

Star India's popular Hindi general entertainment channel, Life OK, recently announced the launch of Mahadev Ganga Mahotsav, an awareness drive to find plausible solutions to conserve river Ganga. Life OK, guided by the philosophy of 'Cherish what you have', has strived to make a real difference to people's lives in its year-long journey. Mahadev Ganga Mahotsav takes the channel's intent forward and is a step to encourage general public to make efforts for preserving their beloved Ganga.

Mahadev Ganga Mahotsav will be held in eight cities across the states of Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Delhi and West Bengal between January and May 2013. After Haridwar, it moves to Varanasi followed by New Delhi. With hopes of becoming the harbinger of change, it promises to take small differentiating steps that are essential to ensure a brighter future for Ganga.

Mahadev Ganga Mahotsav covers four modules that include the Samvaad school contact program, Mohalla door to door contact program and ghat contact program. Samvaad involves children in creative activities while educating them on river Ganga's glory. It's a platform for discussing and ideating ways to clean and save Ganga and motivate people to take action. Mohalla will engage with women on a large scale and create awareness on the cause among the masses. The ghat contact program will have a two-fold impact by involving students for a ghat cleaning programme. The Mahotsav will be concluded with an entertaining evening hosted by Manoj Tiwari and other well-known performers.

An esteemed panel consisting of Vijay Bahuguna, Chief Minister, Uttarakhand; Shrimati Amrita Rawat, Environment and Tourism Minister, Uttarakhand; and B.D. Tripathi, environmentalist and member of National Ganga River Basin Authority; will discuss pertinent issues, including dumping, pollution and other factors that impact the health of the river at the launch of Mahadev Ganga Mahotsav. Reputed thought leaders and opinion makers such as Dr. Chinmay Pandya, Pro Vice Chancellor, Dev Sanskriti University, and Gandhiwadi Purshottam Sharma, VP, Shri Ganga Sabha, will also participate in the Samvaad to deliberate on the current state of Ganga and efforts required to restore its health.

Speaking about the initiative, Ajit Thakur, GM, Life OK, said: "Mahadev Ganga Mahotsav is an awareness drive aimed at educating masses on the deteriorating condition of river Ganga. It is also a well-intentioned step to jolt them from their slumber and inspire them to do their bit for India's national river. We are delighted to have launched this initiative in Haridwar and hope that people will take responsibility and transform into agents of change. Life OK and Samvaad will set the tone of action that is required to preserve the revered Ganga. It will aim at providing a hope to the residents of Haridwar in the future their city and its lifeline Ganga. India's lifeline river Ganga continues to suffer from pollution despite efforts put in by various bodies to restore its lost health. The worsening state of the Ganga has affected millions of lives and requires firm resolve from all stakeholders to unite in their efforts to protect the river."

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Lord of the small screen

Srabanti Chakrabarti, Jan 20, 2013

Telly Talk

The saying goes that there are over 33 crore gods and goddesses in the Hindu mythology, and going by that figure, if there is a show on each of them on Indian television, producers don't have to worry about churning out programmes for many centuries. 

Moreover, going by the success-failure ratio of these mythological shows, they are the best available, and of low risk proposition, for any producer. Be it Ramayan from Ramanand Sagar or Mahabharat from B?R Chopra, success has mostly favoured Indian mythological serials.

The latest in the list is Devon Ka Dev Mahadev on Life OK, produced by Nikhil Sinha. Not only has the show about Lord Shiva broken TRP records, but has also turned Mohit Raina ' who portrays Lord Shiva ' into one of the most sought after celebrities in the Indian television industry. 

However, stardom did not come easily for Mohit. The budding chartered accountant decided to come to Mumbai to pursue a career in modelling. A young lad from Kashmir, Mohit had the whole package ' stunning looks coupled with muscular physique. So, when he was shortlisted in the top 5 of Grasim Mr India in 2006, there were no surprises.
"I was like any other smalltown boy who wants to make it big in the glamour industry. 

I wanted name, fame and money. But I had no clue how to go about it. Someone suggested that participating in a pageant may be a sure ticket to acting, and so I registered myself for Grasim Mr India. In many ways, the pageant opened my eyes to the high standards of the glamour world. I worked hard after realising that, and had to struggle to move forward," says the onscreen Shiva.

Speaking about his fitness regime, Mohit says, "Before coming to Mumbai, my definition of fitness was going for a morning walk. Only after entering the glamour industry did I realise the importance of maintaining a good physique and found out how tough the competition was."

This is quite a revelation, coming from a person known for his chiselled looks. So, what is his fitness regime today, after attaining stardom? "I take my work outs very seriously now. I have got this great opportunity to play Lord Shiva and it is a huge responsibility. Exercising and keeping myself fit is a vital part of the role. In fact, when I was chosen for the show, I had to gain some weight. Now, to maintain my look, I do regular work outs, and at times when I miss out due to hectic schedules, I compensate by using the makeshift gym on the sets." 

Mohit keeps a close watch on his diet too. He feels that erratic work hours are not something he can control, but what he eats is completely in his hands. He ensures that he eats only home-cooked meals most of the time. 

Getting back to his career, Mohit takes a walk down memory lane and recalls the days when things were not easy for him. Though the Mr India pageant gave him a toehold, the next few years were not so productive. What followed was a slew of not-so-good ventures in small (Ganga Ki Dheej, Chehra, Antariksh) and big (Don Muthuswami) screens. The aspiring actor became a little unsure of his future. However, Devon Ka Dev Mahadev changed his life. After the initial hiccups, Mohit has now metamorphosed into a confident star.

When asked how he has been coping with his new-found stardom, Mohit says, "It is a strange feeling. I have suddenly realised that people around me have become kind and supportive. This was definitely not the case earlier. Now, I have the added advantage of playing Mahadev. Wherever I go, people treat me as if Lord Shiva has arrived. This is also quite embarrassing. I feel people have started getting emotionally attached to me, and they perceive me as a godly figure. Some fans start touching my feet'it becomes really difficult. Then it takes a lot of effort on my part to convince them that I am just Mohit Raina, the actor," he says. 

However, this hysteria is not the first of its kind. Yesteryear actor Arun Govil too got similar treatment when he portrayed Lord Rama in Ramayan. Mohit speaks about an incident where a boy had come all the way from Himachal just to get himself photographed with the onscreen Mahadev. "He wanted me to put my hand on his head and bless him. Initially, I refused to do so, but he said it was for his mother. Finally, I had to give in to his mother's wishes," Mohit gushes.

After all, he is being idolised as the lord of the lords.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/306414/lord-small-screen.html

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
edited.Edited by mnx12 - 11 years ago
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
riangle Film Company's mythological saga Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev on Life OK will soon witness the entry of Lord Shiva's biggest devotee Raavan which will be played by Manish Wadhwa. And Raavan's entry will mark the beginning of Ramayan on the show.

After roping in Manish Wadhwa for Raavan's role we now hear that actors Pankaj Bhatia andNeha Gehlot have also been finalized to play important roles on the show.

Sources inform that Pankaj Bhatia of Havan fame will be seen playing the role of Vibhishan whereas Neha Gehlot will play the role Raavan's sister Surphanaka. Both the actors have started shooting for the show and their entry will be aired sometime next week.

When contacted, Neha said, "I am extremely happy to be a part of Mahadev. Its my first Mythological show and am getting a lot to learn. Being part of the number one show Mahadev is like a dream come true for any actor."😃
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Got to learn a lot in this show:Ahsaas Channa

By Priyanka Naithani, TNN | Jan 20, 2013, 06.35 PM IST
Share More
A
A
READ MORE Atmosphere
Got to learn a lot in this show:Ahsaas Channa
Ahsaas Channa
Remember the Shah Rukh Khan and Preity Zinta's son Arjun in the movie Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna who wants to play violin instead of playing football. 

Interestingly, the boy with spectacles was actually a girl who has now turned fourteen. We are talking about Ahsaas Channa who is recently seen in Nikhil Sinha's Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev as Ashokasundari (Lord Shiva and Parvati's daughter). Apparently no one could make out, that it was the same kid as her get up in the mythological shows was completely different. 

"I had an amazing experience as it was my first ever mythological show. Mostly I had scenes with Mohit Raina and Sonarika Bhadoria and both of them are absolutely adorable. The atmosphere on the set is always energetic and lively and I got to learn a lot, says Ahsaas. 

She describes Sonarika as a very sweet person and someone with almost child like innocence. According to her, Mohit is hard working at the same time humorous too. The standard VIII student, who is concentrating on her studies as well, wants to become a successful actor in future. She started her career quite early and has acted in films like Vaastu Shastra, Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna, My Friend Ganesha and Phoonk. She also came in limelight when she acted in popular television show Kasam Se.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

I want to be a part of Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha 2: Ashnoor Kaur

Thursday, January 24, 2013 | 1:40:47 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    97 Comments
I want to be a part of Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha 2: Ashnoor Kaur

Tellybuzz talks to the talented child artist Ashnoor Kaur...

How does it feel playing the role of Choti Durga?
I feel really good playing the role of Choti Durga. It is my pleasure to enact in mythological shows. It is a very talented role and it prepares me for better in my life.

How do you feel being a part of Mythological and Historical shows?
I enjoy being a part of mythological and historical shows. I get to learn a lot as they are mature roles. I am used to it now as I have done many such shows including Shobha Somnath Ki,Devon Ke Dev. MahadevEk Veer Stree ki Kahaani Jhansi Ki Rani and now Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga.

Does wearing heavy ornaments and jewellery bother you?
No.. Actually now I am used to wearing it all so it doesn't bother me anymore. But I get irritated and frustrated when there are late night shoots as I get too tired in the day time itself to continue shooting the entire night.

How much do you miss 'Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha?
I miss Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha a lot. It was a family environment on the sets and we used to enjoy a lot but now I just have memories to cherish as the show is over.

Na Bole Tume Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2 has started. Do you feel that you should have been a part it?
Yes, I want to be a part a part of Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2. However it is obvious that I cannot be a part of it since my character has now grown up. I am happy that Season 2 has started and I am also extremely happy that I have got such a great show like Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga.

You are currently shooting in Baroda. It is an outdoor shoot, so does this affect your studies?
No, my studies don't get affected. My mother is a teacher so she keeps a tab on my studies. In fact, I am a studious girl myself, so it works. 

Reporter and Author: Krishma Solanki