Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Triangle Film Company's Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev has been successfully entertaining viewers for quite some time.

The show has managed to win the hearts of viewers with its impressive story-telling and extraordinary performances. And now in order to grab some more eyeballs the makers are planning to introduce a new character to be played by Kishwar Merchant.

Sources inform that if everything goes well then Kishwar might play the role of an evil Daarka. She will worship goddess Parvati with full dedication in order to get blessed by her in return. Parvati will get impress by her devotion and will bless her. However, after receiving goddess Parvati's blessing Daarka will go ahead destroying everything and troubling people on earth. Kishwer will start shooting for her track from tomorrow (23 December 2012).

Kishwar remained unavailable for comment.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Kishwar-Merchant-to-enter-Mahadev/articleshow/17720205.cms

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
TOI has been churning out exclusive developments about Triangle Film Company's celebrated show Devon Ke Dev.. Mahadev. Recently, we wrote about popular TV actress Kishwar Merchant entering the show. However, according to the latest news we hear that Kishwar has been shown the door owing to her tantrums and the role will now be played by seasoned actress Mita Vashisth. 

Sources inform that Kishwar who was earlier roped into play the role of an evil Daaruka was replaced at the last minute. After giving her final nod to the show, the actress backed out at the last minute citing date issues. Kishwar was expected to start her shoot from yesterday (23 December 2012). Well-known and talented actress Mita Vashisth has stepped in her shoes. 

All our efforts to reach Mita Vashisth were vain. 
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Saw this topic while Browsing the internet.Thought it was apt for some of the very knowledgeable fans of DKDM in IF)

Courtesy : idubba.com
http://www.idubba.com/articles/2012/12/24/devon-ke-dev-mahadev-strong-competition-daily-soaps-8-pm-slot/

Devon Ke Dev Mahadev gives a strong competition to other daily soaps at 8 pm slot!
Posted on December 24, 2012 by Ridha

The '8' o'clock sign of prime time television has rotated itself by 90 degree and become the '8 ' infinity sign; because it is witnessing infinite changes and thus infinite options.

From family drama saga ' Balika Vadhu to a family's fight for justice ' Kaali, from a simple love triangle ' Rab Se Sohna Isshq to a supernatural love triangle ' Anamika and one of the strong ship in this sea of contenders is Devon Ke Dev Mahadev. So why do you think in spite of its channel Life Ok's lesser reach to the audience the show Devon Ke Dev Mahadev manages an amazing amount of reach and audience?

Well some might say that it is sheer luck, some might say that you never know what the audience like and why? Others might say that mythological shows are making a comeback so Devon Ke Dev Mahadev was in the right time and right space, but we say that there are more than a few things that makes the show so special and these specialties take the cream away from the top of every contender's cake.

The Cast: The Creative's, Production and the Channel of Devon Ke Dev Mahadev definitely know their work where casting is concerned. Understanding that the actors of the show will have sentimental values of thousands attach to their character, it is a huge responsibility to find the perfect match.

Devon Ke Dev Mahadev's team has indeed found the perfect match for the Mahadev ' Mohit Raina, Parvati ' Sonarika Bhadoria, although the shift from Sati ' Mouni Ganguly and her had created controversies and had led audiences to doubt Sonarika's potential; but as we all can see she has erased all doubts and etched herself in the mind of fans and followers with eminent grace.

The legacy of perfect match continues with Kartikeya ' Rushiraj Pawar, Ashok Sundari ' Ashnoor Kaur and now the cutest of all Ganesh ' Sadhil Kapoor.

The Online Followers: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev enjoys a wide range of fans and a part of it includes the online followers.

The shows loyal fan following make sure that episodes of Devon Ke Dev Mahadev online has ample amount of views. Not just the official channel of Life Ok on Youtube, but almost every online video portal has the views in thousands which includes not just the show but the promos.

The online forums are always decked with latest updates and feels like the creatives will have to do a little less research if they visit any such forums, as the fans there make sure they post truths, facts and stories related to Mahadev's life corresponding to the current and the upcoming track of the show. Some posts include there synopsis of the tracks and its treatment. In fact the Facebook Page of Life Ok and Devon Ke Dev Mahadev also make sure that it is updated with latest pictures, trivia and insights.

So don't forget to send us your Views, Reviews, Comments and Suggestions about Devon Ke Dev Mahadev and its specialties  Till then Keep Watching, Keep Enjoying the '8 infinite options at 8' and Keep Reading :) 

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Indian TV industry doesn't believe in realistic looks: Nidhi Yasha

Saturday, December 22, 2012 | 4:00:10 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    26 Comments
Indian TV industry doesn't believe in realistic looks: Nidhi Yasha

One would think the heavy make-up laden look has been replaced by more muted looks in the Indian TV industry, but designer Nishi Yasha, who has been behind the costmes for shows like "Shobha Somnath Ki" and "Kuch Toh Log Kahenge", sa

Designer Nidhi Yasha

One would think the heavy make-up laden look has been replaced by more muted looks in the Indian TV industry, but designer Nishi Yasha, who has been behind the costmes for shows like "Shobha Somnath Ki" and "Kuch Toh Log Kahenge", says the industry is still far from backing realistic looks.

"We believe in gloss. The approach is very unrealistic here. We always look for beauty and perfect outfits, which is something I don't agree with and wish to change it as well," Yasha, who has also worked on "Anhoniyon Ka Andhera" and "Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev", told IANS.

The designer believes in extensive research for the shows that she takes up. For a mythological show, she says has even gone to to the extent of reading historical texts to get the right look.

"For mythology, you have to stick to the scriptures. There is a lot of temple art there. I have studied the Vedas and Puranas and come up with the look many times. For those shows, there is no other reference and the entire look is only described in text," she said.

Yasha has also worked for movies and designed costumes for films like "Dangerous Ishhq", "1920: The Evil Returns", "Zila Ghaziabad" and "Maximum". She feels films give her more freedom as a designer.

"TV is tougher as you need to align your costumes with the thoughts of the broadcaster. You often cannot be very true to your research in case the broadcaster doesn't agree with you. In films, you get much more freedom. You need to give one look test and you are free to design for the entire span of the movie," she said.

Right now, Yasha is excited that she is designing costumes for three upcoming shows.

"There are three flagship shows in the pipeline as of now. One is for Zee, the second one is for Star Plus and the third one is for Life OK. All three shows are going to be in the fantasy and mythological genre," she said.

She will be designing for some more films too in 2013.

"There are a few films lined up for next year as well, and if all goes well, I might even get to design for an international project," she said.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Length of role doesn't matter: Rakshanda Khan

Saturday, December 22, 2012 | 5:12:13 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    1 Comments
Length of role doesn't matter: Rakshanda Khan

After working continously for over a decade, popular TV actress Rakshanda Khan is taking it easy now and says the intensity of a character matters to her over the length of the role.

rakshandha khan

After working continously for over a decade, popular TV actress Rakshandha Khan is taking it easy now and says the intensity of a character matters to her over the length of the role.

"Earlier, I used to finish one show and start working on another. For years, I had been working like this continously. When I moved away and thought about it, I felt it is a high price to pay. Now I am at such a stage of my career that I do work at intervals," Rakshanda told IANS.

"I have never weighed what channel is the show going to be aired on, or how long would my role be. What matters to me most is the intensity and the impact that my role is going to have. Length of the role doesn't really matter to me," she added.

The 37-year-old actress became popular after essaying the role of Mallika Seth in "Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin" and Tanya Virani in "Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi". She was last seen in popular mythological TV show "Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev".

She is currently seen in Sahara One's "Jhilmil Sitaron Ka Angan Hoga".

Asked what she finds different and evolved about the Indian TV industry, Rakshanda said: "People are getting a fair deal in the industry now. It has become much more organised now.

"More attention is being put on the look of actors and channels have more say in the scripting, storyline and production of the shows. There was a phase three to four years ago, when a character dictated the show. Today, the show itself has become supreme. Today, the audience decides the trend on TV."

With the rise in competition in the Indian TV industry, a lot of producers decide to pull the plug on their shows within months. But Rakshanda feels a show should be given at least six months for the audience to take a liking.

"Pulling the plug on any TV show is completely the call of channel and show executives. If a show is not working, they can take it off air any day. But I feel a show should be given atleast six months as it takes time for the show to get on to the viewers' minds. If it doesn't work in the speculated period of time, then there is no point to let them run on small screen," she said.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

After 2 replacements Sunila Karambelkar bags Mahadev

By Vijaya Tiwari, TNN | Dec 26, 2012, 02.51 PM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
After 2 replacements Sunila Karambelkar bags Mahadev
Sunila Karambelkar
Life OK's mythological saga Devon Ke Dev..Mahadev has been successfully delivering promising numbers since day one. 

And it looks like that the makers of Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev Triangle Film Company) are leaving no stone unturned in making the show beat all its previous records. TOI had earlier informed about the introduction of a new character which was offered to two popular actresses of TV Kishwar Merchant and Mita Vashisth. However, the latest news that we have gathered from the sets is that the character of evil Daaruka will now be played by Sunila Karambelkar. 

Sources inform that after Kishwar Merchant opted out of the show, the role was offered to well-known actress Mita Vashisth. However after shooting for the show for an entire day, both Mita and the production house reached to a conclusion that she does not fit the character. Hence, Mita too walked out of the role. Now, we hear that Sunila Karambelkar who was seen in Star Plus' Prithviraj Chauhan as Prithviraj's mother will play the role. She has already begun shooting for the show and her entry will be aired today. 

When contacted Sunila, said, "Yes, I am doing the show and it gives me immense pleasure to be associated with Mahadev. Daaruka is the biggest devotee of Parvati and queen of evils. My character is a blend of positivity and negativity."

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Mita Vasisth in a mythological show

Published: Tuesday, Dec 25, 2012, 9:46 IST 
By Chaya Unnikrishnan | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA
Mita Vasisth

Mita Vasisht is all set to make an entry in the popular mythological serialDevon Mein Dev Mahadev and has started shooting for it. She will be playing the role of Daruka, a queen who turned into an ascetic and a shiv-bhakth.

"What I found interesting about the role is that it has grey shades to it. Daruka is a queen who gives up everything at one point to become an ascetic and then again goes back to being a queen. I was fascinated by her.

She does solid penance and later gets a lot of power which she misuses just like today's politicians," says Mita who was last seen as a stern principal in Surveen Guggal. "Yes, but the track changed and the story went elsewhere.

The principal died I think," she jokes. The reason she has taken up Mahadev, is that it requires just five days of shooting. "Right now, that's what I have been told and since I was free, I took it up," says Mita, who has just finished directing a docu-drama, She of the Four Names based on a Kashmiri poet Lal Ded.

She has also done a solo 75 minute play on the same subject. However, in the film she is not playing the lead role. Mita has to her credit some of the biggest serials like Pachpan Khambe Lal Deewarein, Bharat Ek Khoj, Swabhimaan and films like Dhrohkaal.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Mahadev has quality and entertainment: Nikhil Sinha

By Akash Wadhwa, TNN | Dec 26, 2012, 12.09 PM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
READ MORE Nikhil Sinha
Mahadev has quality and entertainment: Nikhil Sinha
Nikhil Sinha
Nikhil Sinha's mythological soap Devon Mein Dev Mahadev Mahadev has won lot of accolades and is the no one show on Life OK.

On being asked why it worked and why people of all age groups love to watch it he says, " "Mahadev has erased the class distinctions.
There is a huge difference between the class audience and the mass audience and this show has erased the gap. This is the biggest achievement for us. The show is running since the past nine months and people have loved it. Mahadev has quality and entertainment in it and it doesn't disappoint the viewers. The viewers have supported the show from the very beginning and we will keep going better and better.

The story of Shiv's life has not been told this way before. The storyline, production values and casting has worked in the favour of the show. The story has been very contemporary and first time mythological story is told this way.

Lots of youth audiences are avid watchers besides regular audiences. The feedback has been very motivating. Audiences are not missing even a single episode. Trp's are icing on the cake". We agree with you Nikhil and your show's success has paved way for everyone to make more mythological shows!

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Lord Ganesha makes outdoor appearance for Life Ok

Lord Mahadev and Goddess Parvati are set to commence their journey as parents as they have welcomed their beloved son Lord Ganesha on Life Ok's show 'Devon ke Dev Mahadev'. The countdown to the much-awaited entry of Lord Ganesha started in early December with the birth of Vinayak; a host of marketing initiatives were executed by the channel for the same.

An extensive outdoor campaign was rolled out in Mumbai, Delhi and other key markets of Maharashtra to promote the special episodes. The 15-day campaign was executed by Bates Wallstreet and DDB MudraMax in these markets.

Ajit Thakur, General Manager, Life OK said, "With digitisation hitting Mumbai and Delhi, our best bet was to go out and loud in the outdoor. We are identifying peak points and customising marketing strategies for key shows of which Mahadev is one. Our strong creatives for this campaign created a lot of attention and recall."

As Lord Ganesha is known to be Mumbai city's favourite, the channel displayed colourful holy visuals at strategic locations. A grand procession that included young children dressed as Lord Ganesha, dancing to the tunes of holy chants to welcome the revered God, was also organised in Mumbai.

The outdoor media formats used in the campaign were the larger ones, which include hoardings and gantries. The channel also used extensive branding at local railway stations.

http://www.exchange4media.com/49212_lord-ganesha-makes-outdoor-appearance-for-life-ok.html