Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Audiences know about Bhasmasur and his tragic but comedy story of gaining mortality. Soon in Life OK's Devo Ke Dev Mahadev, the makers will narrate the story of Bhasmasur.

According to the mythology, Bhasmasur is the one who gets a boon from Mahadev to convert anything into ashes just by his touch. In return, Bhasmasur tries the ash trick on lord Shiva but fails and ends up transferring Shiva into a bird.

Further more, with the help of lord Vishnu, Shiva comes up with an idea to teach Bhasmasur a lesson. Interestingly lord Vishnu transfers himself as a beautiful apsara, Mohini, who woos Bhasmasur and leads to his end.

To do the justice to the character, Ojaswi Oberoi last seen in Life OK's Aasman Se Aage is been roped in to essay the apsara, who loves dancing and becomes a reason for Bhasmasur's death.

On the other hand the role of Bhasmasur will be played by Sanjay Swaraj.

While Ojaswi confirmed the news, Sanjay Swaraj remained unavailable.
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Young gun Ashnoor Kaur who has played central roles in shows like Shobha Somnath Ki,Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha will this time don a mythological character. 

Yes, the cute and cuddly Ashnoor Kaur has been signed to weave magic on Triangle Film Company's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev on Life OK.

Sources inform that Ashnoor has been roped into play the role of Shiv ( Mohit Raina) and Parvati's ( Sonarika Bhadoria) daughter on the show. We also hear that this is for the first time ever in the history of any mythological show on TV that Shiv and Parvati's daughter will be shown. Ashnoor will essay the role of Ashok Sundari and has started shooting from today. 

When contacted, Ashnoor said, "Yes, I am doing the show and am very excited to be a part of Mahadev. It's a cameo and I will play Shiv and Parvati's daughter." 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Ashnoor-Kaur-to-enter-Mahadev/articleshow/17018894.cms
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Shahbaaz Khan as Bali in Mahadev

Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Nov 1, 2012, 11.52AM IST
inShare
Read More:Virendra Singh|Shahbaaz Khan|Sanjay Swaraj|Devo Ke Dev Mahadev|Chandrakanta
Off late, many known names like Ashnoor Kaur, Ojaswi Oberoi, Sanjay Swaraj made headlines for being part of the most celebrated show on Life OK and its none other than Triangle Films Company's Devo Ke Dev Mahadev.

Undoubtedly, Mahadev has won millions of hearts and will continue to do so with its perfect and mesmerizing cast. The latest to join the bandwagon is the famous Shahbaaz Khan, whose character of Prince Virendra Singh from the ace show Chandrakanta is still remembered by the audiences.

According to the sources, Shahbaaz got finalized to essay the character of Bali and will start shooting from tomorrow.

When contacted, Shahbaaz confirmed, "Yes, I essaying a very positive and powerful role in Mahadev. Mahadev at the first place is an amazing show and that's the reason why I took up a role. I was offered few roles earlier but I denied as I wanted to play a positive character."

"Finally I will be essaying a good, positive but powerful role of Bali in the show. Bali according to Hinduism is a donor, who has become powerful due to all his good will. On the other hand I am glad to be part of Mahadev," signs off the actor.

Get ready to see one more power packed performance by Shahbaaz.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Ritoo Jenjani creates a Goddess

Debarati S Sen, TNN | Nov 2, 2012, 03.09PM IST
inShare
Read More:Vidya Balan|The Dirty Picture|Kali|Bones|Bollywood
Ritoo Jenjani creates a Goddess
Final look After the Prosthetic of Soarika Bhadoria

Prosthetic makeup is not new, but earlier it was used mostly to create convincing zombies and demons. 

In the last few years, however, this area of expert makeup has seen a lot of change and people are more aware of it. Not just Bollywood(movies like Paa ( Amitabh Bachchan), The Dirty Picture ( Vidya Balan) used prosthetic makeup) but even the small screen now uses this expertise.

The television show Mahadevsaw Pravati transform into Goddess Maa Kali and the makers took help of prosthetic makeup artist Ritoo Jenjani. Claiming to be Indian's first prosthetic makeup artist, Ritoo has been getting many offers in both small and big screen. After doing Vishvaropamwith Kamal Hasan, and Rise of theZombiewith Luke Kenny, she grabbed a lot of attention for her work.

"I got a call from the makers of the show Mahadev, where Parvati takes the Maa Kali avatarand they wanted me to create the entire look for the Devi Maa - prosthetic tongue, skull mala, skirt made of Bones, demon head, prosthetic hands and full body painting for the Kali Avatar. I did a lot of research and then the final look was created. It was a very satisfying experience."

Ritoo states that the look of Kaali maa, though scary, "had to be done while maintaining the dignity and respect of the Goddess Kali Maa".

"It was a challenge to keep that 'Maa' emotion in the look," says the talented makeup artist. Ritoo, trained in this special makeup technique says, "Usually people think that prosthetics is only about making horror movies but it's also about creating avatars. To make the actor look exactly like the character he or she is playing is my job and I love it."

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
MIRROR IMAGE 

Telly actors often have strong resemblances with other celebs.AT finds out if it is a happy coincidence 

Amrita Mulchandani 

It is often said that there are seven people who will resemble us in a lifetime.Not many believe in it.But television actors can sure believe it for once,because they have people who bear a sharp resemblance,should we say! Sometimes,this acts as an advantage and sometimes as a disadvantage too,for the established actors.We list a few such actors who have strong resemblances to each other actors and how they take it.

Gagan Malik and Mohit Raina 

Tall and hunky Gagan Malik who plays Ram in Sabke Jeevan Ka Aadhar Ramayan has strikingly similar facial features like actor Mohit Raina who is currently essaying the role of Shiv in Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev.Gagan says,I dont think I look like Mohit,but people do address me as Mohit sometimes.Lot of my fans call my mom and tell her that they saw me in Mahadev,but it isnt me.I know Mohit and we have auditioned for roles together in the past. 

Gagan Malik 

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Shahbaaz out; Akhilendra Mishra in Mahadev

Vijaya Tiwari, TNN | Nov 2, 2012, 06.27PM IST
Read More:Triangle Film Company|Shahbaaz Khan|Life OK|Devon Ke Dev Mahadev|Chandrakanta
Tweet
Shahbaaz out; Akhilendra Mishra in Mahadev
Akhilendra Mishra
TOI has been exclusively churning out all the latest developments from Triangle Film Company's mythological saga Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev aired on Life OK

As earlier reported, talented and well-known actor, Shahbaaz Khan currently seen in Afsar Bitiya was roped into play the role of Bali. However, the latest news that we have gathered from the sets is that Shahbaaz Khan has been replaced.

The role of Bali will now be played byAkhilendra Mishra aka Yakoo Maharaj of 'Chandrakanta' fame.
Sources inform that the replacement took place because of date issues as Shahbaaz was not able to give the desired dates to the production house. Hence, the production house had no other option but to replace Shahbaaz with Akhilendra Mishra. The character of Bali has a big heart and he is always supportive and helps people. He likes to help everyone and believes in donating to the needful and this quality of his has made him immortal.
When contacted, Akhilendra said, "Yes, I have been approached for the role but talks are still on and nothing has been finalized yet." 

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Ragini's loss is Ojaswi's gain!

Actor Ojaswi Oberoi is popular and a known face on Television who plays apsara Mohini in Nikhil Sinha's Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev.

Ojaswi who plays an avatar of Lord Vishnu, loves dancing and she is the reason behind Bhasmasur's death. Although she appears in a cameo for this one, Ojaswi is thrilled to be a part of Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev. Says the actress, "I am very excited to be part of this show though it's just a cameo. The way it has been shot it is just mind-blowing. To be very honest I was reluctant in the beginning when I was called for the audition. After the narration I felt this may be the right opportunity for me to showcase my dancing skills". Ojaswi further adds, 'It's great to be on the sets of Mahadev. I have done a typical Apsara dance for the show".

However sources inform that this role was offered to anchor and actress Ragini Khanna of Sasural Genda Phool and Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa fame. But due to her demands, this role was offered to Ojaswi. When contacted, Ragini Khanna refuted the rumours, "That's not true at all. I really wanted to be a part of Mahadev as it is one of my favourtie shows. There are hardly 4-5 shows I like on TV and Mahadev is one of them. It was supposed to be a six day cameo and I was very excited but I don't know what happened. We were negotiating for the budget and I later got a message saying that it was not working out. How can I throw my weight around when we did not have a meeting in person? I love the whole team and I've worked with them before so there are no issues between us. They are very near and dear to me."

Someone's loss is someone's gain. That's how the TV industry functions!
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
http://www.asianage.com/life-and-style/modern-retelling-epics-joy-watch-522

Modern retelling of the epics is a joy to watch

Nov 05, 2012 - Priyanka Bhadani

Thanks to the idiot box, youngsters who were least interested in mythology earlier are suddenly hooked to the many mythological serials on air at the moment.
College student Navneet Sidana, who till some time back didn't was not bothered about the mythological characters is now suggesting his friends to watch Devon Ke Dev Mahadev — a show that tracks the life of Lord Shiva. He recently posted on his Facebook wall, "If you are not watching Mahadev, you are really missing out on something."

Interestingly, there are many youngsters who have been religiously following the show. The popularity of mythological shows is such that the TV fraternity is trying to experiment with the themes. The epic tale of love, betrayal and courage — The Ramayana — is being revisited for the TV audience, this time in a younger peppier version. Ram Leela on Life Ok is a musical presentation of the epic with a mix of dance, drama and modern technology.
Annirudh Pathak, creative director, Life Ok, says that just changing the presentation of the shows has pulled many young viewers.
Pathak, who has conceptualised Mahadev, says that the journey of Mahadev from a sanyasi to a family man is so intriguing that anyone would love to know that.
"Just that it wasn't told interestingly enough earlier to grab the attention of the generation that loves to watch Lords of the Rings and Narnia. This time, we have simplified the narrative and have kept it crisp enough so that no one gets bored," he says and adds that the improved special effects fulfil rest of the requirements.

Ramanand Sagar group that made the epic Ramayana popular among the masses in the 80s, is back with it once again on one of the leading general entertainment channels. Meenakshi Sagar, the granddaughter of Ramanand Sagar, who is associated with the production of the show, says that the epic is very important in today's time and thus her team has worked hard to make the new version of the epic alluring for the younger generation.
"We have simplified the language. The use of difficult Sanskrit words have been avoided, rather we have tried to use simpler Hindi words. Even in terms of special effects, the show is much attractive," she says and adds that they have tried to etch out the character sketches in a better way than before too.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Of Gods and humans

Mohit Raina, who is playing title
role in Devon Ka Dev Mahadev
has found that his career and life
have changed forever. His popularity
has landed him with a strange problem. Wherever he goes, people treat
him with so much respect that he
doesn't know how to react. He has
to make an effort to make them understand that he is a human being
and not God! Says Mohit, "Wherever
I go, people look at me as if Lord Shiva has arrived and I get a lot of attention which does get difficult to
handle at times. I suppose
people start getting emotionally attached to me because
they perceive me as a 'Godly' figure. Lot of people who come to
the sets want me to give them
aarshirwaad, they even want to
touch my feet and I have to stop
them and say, 'please don't do
that!'" For an actor, who had
disappeared from the
screens after his last outing
Ganga Ki Dheej,  Mohit
shouldn't be complaining!  

' Chaya Unnikrishnan
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Life OK rides high on 'Ramleela' and 'Mahadev' during Dussehra

These two shows topped the list of most relevant programmes on television during Dussehra, according to an Ormax Media study

BestMediaInfo Bureau | Delhi | November 6, 2012

According to Ormax Media's Showbuzz, a syndicated study, Life OK's Life OK's 'Ramleela', a pathbreaking show on Indian television, was the most relevant programme during the Dussehra festival with a thumbs-up from 18 per cent of the respondents interviewed for the study voting for it.

Life OK's other mythological show, 'Mahadev', came out as the second most relevant show during Dussehra. Fourteen per cent of the respondents interviewed for the study voted for Mahadev which showcased the important 'Mahisasur Mardini' track marking the end of Navratri.

Ramleela, a modern day representation of Lord Ram's story and Indian television's biggest ever visual extravaganza, proved to be a visual treat for viewers with its grand sets, elegant costumes, majestic properties and more. The five-part series, starring Rajniesh Duggal and Aman Yatan Verma in the lead roles, started on October 21 and will continue till November 18, every Sunday at 8 PM.

Ajit Thakur

Commenting on the study findings, Ajit Thakur, Business Head, Life OK, said, "Life OK has always believed in telling topical stories which have social relevance and what better than Ramleela and the Mahisasur Mardini  track in Mahadev during Dusshera to bring alive the eternal stories of triumph of good over evil."

Colors' 'Bigg Boss' (12 per cent), news coverage of Ramleela (9 per cent) and Star Plus' 'Pratigya' (8 per cent) were the other shows that created buzz during the festival season.

http://www.bestmediainfo.com/2012/11/life-ok-rides-high-on-ramleela-and-mahadev-during-dussehra/