Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Its-end-of-Tarakasur-as-Kartikeya-gets-ready-for-battle/articleshow/16764763.cms

Its end of Tarakasur as Kartikeya gets ready for battle!

Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Oct 11, 2012, 11.21AM IST
inShare
Read More:Triangle Film Company|Sonarika Bhadoria|Rishiraj Pawar|Nikhil Sinha|Mohit Raina|Devo Ke Dev Mahadev
Its end of Tarakasur as Kartikeya gets ready for battle!
Kartikeya

It seems that the time has come for good to conquer over evil in Life OK's Devo Ke Dev Mahadev. For the same, the makers ( Triangle Film Company) are gearing up for the upcoming maha episode, where Kartikeya will finally kill Tarkasur, which will hit the airwaves coming Sunday, 14th October.

Lets give a sneak peak of this fuming battle!

As in the show, Kartikeya ( Rishiraj Pawar) gets finally trained and has been declared as Senapati. Parvati ( Sonarika Bhadoria), who was earlier against the fight, finally decides to allow him to fight with Tarkasur.

In the coming episodes, Indra will exaggerate Kartikeya as a perfect warrior, due to which he gets over confident and denies Nandi for his further practice and tells that he doesn't need any further practice as he is now an ultimate warrior and is ready for the final battle.

Further more, Mahadev ( Mohit Raina) and Parvati too discusses that they have seen over confidence in their son, meanwhile Nandi informs Mahadev about Kartikey's rejection over training. Upset Mahadev tells Kartikeya to stop being over confidence or else he will lose the battle but Kartikeya does not feel so and challenges Mahadev for a fight.

Listening this Parvati gets stunned that Kartikeya has challenged Mahadev. Kartikeya is ready to fight while Mahadev sends Gan to fight against him. On the other hand, Deities gets surprised to see Shiv Putra in this avatar. Eventually, Kartikeya in his egoism and over confidence lose fight against Gan and realizes his mistake. On which Mahadev explains him that a warrior should never get selfish and over confident. Kartikeya ask for apologies from Mahadev.

In spite of Deva's request of not blessing Tarakasur, Brahma blesses Tarkasur according to his wish. Now with this progress, all deities are shocked as how Kartikeya will fight against him?

But guys, one must not forget that Tarakasur had a curse of getting defeated only by Shiv Putra at any cost. So in a battle of the mighty beings, Taraksur builds a chakravyuh to match the magnitude of the fight. Kartikeya, now the leader of the gods, duels with Taraksur and eventually slays the demon's head off with his spear, the final victory of good over evil takes place.

Producer Nikhil Sinha stated, "We all are excited for the Maha episode and are working hard towards it. Hope audiences will once again appreciate our efforts.

Get ready to witness the last battle of Tarakasur!

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

I think I would get a role of Ram Kapoor's beti: Ratan Rajput

The writer has posted comments on this articlePriyanka NaithaniPriyanka Naithani, TNN | Oct 13, 2012, 12.00AM IST

Ratan Rajput, who was in the news when she called off her marriage with Delhi-based Abhinav Sharma after her swayamvar show on television will now be seen again on the small screen. The actor, who shot to fame with her role of Lali in the show Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya He Kijo and who also did Radha Ki Betiyaan, was waiting for something interesting to come her way.

"After Agle Janam..., I wanted to do something as appealing as my previous show. It should have a message at the end," says Ratan. She wants to share screen space with Ram Kapoor. "He is the most natural actor on television today. He was part of my swayamvar and I would love to work with him. But I think I would get a role of his beti only!" she says.

Ask her how she kept herself busy during her break and she says, "I explored my culinary skills and did up my house! I had a nice relaxed time and chilled with my friends." Though she was away from the limelight, she makes sure she keeps a tab on the current shows and its actors. Among the new entrants, she feels Mohit Raina who portrays Lord Shiva in a show, is doing a good job. "I am a devotee of Lord Shiva and Mohit is doing full justice to the role," she adds.
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Mahadev's chosen one

Date: 14th October 2012

I am not alone when I declare that I have not missed a single episode of Mahadev and I do wish that the entire show comes out on DVD soon. I am not surprised that Mahadev is easily amongst the top shows in prime time ratings and if you don't believe me then maybe the recent TRP ratings will convince you. It is amazing that in a day and age when social and mainstream dramas conquer each and every channel, a mythological show about Lord Shiva can keep Indian and overseas viewers riveted. Mahadev is the brainchild of Nikhil Sinha, who was also the directorial and cinematographic force behind shows like 'Baba Aiso Var Dhoondo', 'Jai Shri Krishna', 'Prithvi Raj Chauhan' and many more. When Tinsel Gupshup arrived on the sets of Mahadev, we were entering the world Nikhil Sinha had dreamed up. In the hustle of lights, camera, music, dance, Agni dev, Mahadev, Parvati and action…Nikhil gave us the story behind Mahadev's story!

TG: How did Mahadev happen? In this day and age when saas bahu and crime shows are predominant, how did you decide to take on a mythological show?

NS: Mahadev is a massive project but mythological shows are not new to Indian television. I feel that this genre has done well but the makers and viewers have also attached a 'Bhakti Bhaav' to mythological shows. So even though people connect with the stories nobody has actually attempted to make such shows the way they are supposed to be made. This is a huge genre but it is really difficult to make a mythological, historical and costume show and that makes it untouched territory. With Mahadev, I wanted to be as real and honest as possible and when honesty forms the core of a project…it works! Social dramas are doing very well and that genre is dominating the industry because there is a lot of scope in terms of stories and screenplay and such shows are easier to make compared to costume dramas and mythological shows. During the course of my career I have always been associated with costume dramas so when I turned producer, I knew that I will go with the genre that has fascinated me and my motto was – if I am going to do it, I will do it right! I decided to make a show on Mahadev because even though we have seen shows on him, he still remains the most untouched and unexplored God. Mahadev is also a multifaceted God and that gave me huge scope in terms of the story. Most of the mythological shows are made on a very superficial level – God appears, he says something, gives an aashirwaad and goes back. With Mahadev I wanted to explore the story behind God...not just his preaching but the story about his life, love…

TG: Can you tell us a bit about what really went into starting a project like Mahadev?

NS: When you start a new show, the first three months are the most hectic and crucial. I had to set my actors, characters, directors, crew, location, etc and all this was done in the first couple of months. Initially, I was directing the show so I was present at each and every shoot then gradually the directors who were with me from the beginning took over and I took a backseat and oversaw the whole thing. So, once the show is set, my directors' shoot and I watch over all the aspects. The initial three months are extremely important especially for a show like Mahadev because I had to get my characters right. I had to get a normal guy who wears T-shirts and jeans into the character of Lord Shiva and that is not an easy task. We did our research, looked into many religious texts and then I had to work on my actors – get their body movements right, the walk had to be right, expressions, pronunciations, dialogues etc. Of course my actors are intelligent and they put in just as much research and effort and by the time the shoot started, they were able to slip into character and get things right. Once everything is set, the show is good to go!

TG: Whenever you delve into politics, spirituality or religion…there is a fear of ruffling some feathers. Were you ever concerned about that? I am sure a lot of people write to you saying no this is not how it is written; this is not what happened…etc

NS: To be honest, nobody can vouch for what really happened because no one was there when these things happened. We do a great deal of research and we follow some guidelines. I don't tamper with what has been written and we don't tweak the story just to get numbers. We have always tried to be honest and genuine with whatever we find in our research. There will always be a majority and minority view, for example some people say that Ganesha came first and some say that Kathikeyan came first. So along with our research, we go with the majority view. As long as we are not tweaking and twisting the story, we are very confident and don't have any apprehensions about the storyline of the show.

TG: The show is about the emotional side of Shiva…We have seen so many facets of Shiva but the love side of his life has never been explored. Was that your idea?

NS: Exactly! Normally what happens in a mythological is that you show everything but you don't explain anything. That has been my observation but again that cannot be blamed on the way the show is made, in fact that is how a mythological is written as well. We read a lot of religious books and texts but there was no order or chronology – the lord came, he did this, he did that but there is no explanation on why he took those actions. Apart from that there are a lot of contradictions – so one book says something and another book will say something completely different. There are no connections and that was our task…to find the reasons and connect the dots. When you start finding those connections, it helps build the character as well. Mahadev has been a complete explorative journey for us and I feel this is the first time someone has tried to get to the root, understand and then show why Lord Shiva did what he did. The story behind his love is a prominent aspect of his life…a lot of things happened because of his love and emotions. The fact that he is called 'Bholenath', his Rudra avatar…there are reasons behind all these stories which in turn led to other events. So we chose to focus on the emotional side of Lord Shiva and that is how the narrative for this show is written

TG: A lot of viewers were expecting Mouni to come back as Parvati…were there any creative reasons why that did not happen? People have the image of Sati in their minds and the chemistry was beautiful so were there any reasons for bringing Sonarika as Parvati?

NS: I believe that my conviction to bring a new face as Parvati has worked very well. You have to understand that Sati and Parvati could not have been the same face! If Parvati came back as Sati then why would Mahadev resist…right? He was devastated after Sati's death, he was completely lost. So now he has been in tapasya for ages, opens his eyes, sees the face of the woman he had loved and lost, then obviously he will embrace her and move forward but that is not what happened.  So Sati and Parvati had to be two different faces. I realized that the Sati-Mahadev pairing was set, their chemistry was set and appreciated and many people told me that bringing a new face as Parvati might affect the numbers but I wanted to be as honest and real as possible so I said - ok all that does not matter. My conviction said that Sonarika would be perfect as Parvati and I believe it has worked out beautifully. If we had taken a 'Godly' approach and attitude to the show and shown that Lord Shiva knows everything and is prepared for the worst then why would he have gone crazy when Sati died? I believe that lord Shiva has a very human side to him and when you think about it, he is the only God who has this kind of a love story, and he lives on Kailash so he lives on Earth. So I just want to reiterate that with Mahadev we have tried to be as real as possible.

TG: You have been a director and a producer, which is more challenging?

NS: A producer's job is extremely difficult. Direction is just one aspect and as a director, you know your job and you just focus on those particular aspects that fall under the 'direction' realm. Production involves so many aspects; in fact direction too falls under that umbrella. As a producer I have to look into so many things – story, direction, camera, arrangements, casting, editing, creative, sets and so much more. On top of that I have to supervise the whole thing and ensure that the whole thing falls into place. So as a producer, I have to look after 20 things at the same time whereas as a director I had to focus on just one thing. Once the shoot is over, as a director you are free but as a producer you are not…so production can be very taxing.

TG: What is your favourite aspect about the show?

NS: Mohit Raina! He is the most dedicated guy I have worked with. See, when you see a person in T-shirt and Jeans, it is very difficult to imagine him in a costume and get-up. When I saw Mohit, I could just picture him as Lord Shiva and I said to everyone around me – I have found my Lord Shiva! Mohit truly is a discovery, he is so hard-working, dedicated and he has just put everything in his life on the backburner for this show! You can't even imagine what it takes to get into that 'Lord Shiva' mode; it is not a joke to be portraying God on television. Mohit has completely changed his lifestyle and I have to give him credit for bringing the show up to this level. Ultimately, he is the face of the show, that in itself is a huge responsibility and he takes it very seriously. I have been in this industry for 15 years and Mohit is my absolute favorite actor and person. Believe me, I am not saying all this because he is my lead…seriously, I have not seen such hard work and dedication!

TG: This is your own show, your baby but you have been a director before. When do you divorce yourself from the project and leave it in the capable hands of your director or do you step in and give your inputs where the direction is concerned?

NS: You have to. Basically you have to get the show to a particular level after which you can leave it on autopilot mode. Initially, I was producing and directing so I was doing two things. After finishing, I would go on my edits and then I would sit and focus on the CGI and Graphics because that is a huge part of this show. I had conceptualized the show, I had a vision for it so I would be at the shoot from 9-11, head to the edit and get that right, focus on CGI and get that right, head home and get 2 hours of sleep, head back to the shoot and start the whole thing over again! That was my schedule and routine for 2 months and then I was taking care of all the production stuff (channel meetings etc). The thing is that since Mahadev is my show, my concept and vision, it would have been very stupid of me to expect someone else to take care of it! So it only made sense for me to pave the way, show the team my vision and then after 2-3 months hand it over in their capable hands. The first couple of months were extremely taxing but when you make a show like Mahadev for a television channel then you have to go through this.

TG: What is your favourite scene so far?

NS: Now, that is a tough question to answer. Actually, every time we do a scene, I feel overwhelmed because each time we are trying to create a new benchmark. That is the beauty of Mahadev – we are not afraid to try new things. I think the whole Veerbhadra sequence was very nice. Sati's sacrifice leading to Mahadev's anger and Veerbhadra…that was an extremely emotional part of the show. Even though Sati had sacrificed herself, Mahadev saw it as murder…that is what he thought, that his wife had been murdered! When Mahadev invoked Veerbhadra using a strand of his hair, he said, "Go and kill the person who has murdered my wife." I wrote that dialogue and it is one of my favorite dialogues! So that whole chapter was very emotional and it was the climax of the Shiva-Sati love story…the girl ends her life because her father insults her husband. Veerbhadra's action sequence, the destruction, Mahadev's anger, Vishnuji reminding Mahadev of his responsibilities and duties, Mahadev losing his sanity and mourning the loss of Sati…that was a beautiful chapter…definitely my favorite.

TG: The costumes in the show are so beautiful; do you have an input in that area? Since this is a mythological do you have to stick to "real" in terms of getup and costume?

NS: Oh yes, as a director and producer I have to get involved in everything. All the props, costumes etc have to fit within the storyline and the scheme of the show and story. We have a very talented team taking care of all the creative aspects. Neerusha (the costume designer) is an old friend and she designs the costumes for the show, my wife Sohanna has a major input in that area as well and I have to mention my creative – Angira Vats and her valuable input as well. So they do all their research work and then I see the final product and put in my two bits.

TG: It must have been a gargantuan task to cast Mahadev. This person would become the face of Lord Shiva for generations to come. How did you go about finding Lord Shiva?

NS:  Hmmm…this question will require some explaining! Right, so how does the process of casting work? When you read and think about a character, you have to give it a point of reference. So, I had to create a point of reference in mind for Lord Shiva…this is something I could use to explain to my team just what I was looking for in my lord Shiva…something my team could connect with. So, my reference point was the young Arjun Rampal! If I was making a film on Lord Shiva, the young Arjun Rampal would have been my choice to portray Mahadev because he has that personality; he has a long chiseled face, very long nose and soft eyes. He is a very good looking guy and now that I have mentioned it, I bet you can imagine him in Mahadev's get-up as well…he has the perfect combination of a soft and hard face! To delve into this a bit further, I was looking for someone with Arjun's broad forehead!! If you imagine him with his hair gelled or pulled back, what kind of a forehead does he have? Very broad…right? Lord Shiva has a broad forehead, chiseled cheekbones and jaw line and that was what I was looking for. Now, when you see Mohit in this context…especially now that I have mentioned all this, you will be able to see the resemblance between the two. Mohit does have a better nose, he has that sharp hooked nose and prominent Kashmiri features and Lord Shiva must have been 'Pahari' because he lived in Kailash. So that is the attention to detail I had to delve into for my lord Shiva!

Now Mohit auditioned and was shortlisted for some other character in this show. At that point, I had a vision of what my Shiva should look like but I was having no luck finding him. So, I told my guys to give me the photographs and details of everyone we had auditioned till that point. I was going through my bin and suddenly I saw Mohit in another character's costume and I told my team to call him in so I could meet him personally. Now, if you see Mohit in his regular clothes, he looks very different, so everyone around me kept saying that he will not fit in and Mahadev's look will not suit him. I was determined to see Mohit in the get-up and I knew it will suit him and then when he finally tried the look…he was perfect! I knew he was my Lord Shiva! Once the look is sorted, half the battle has been won.

TG: You are the producer of one of the top shows on Indian television what will be your next project? What next for Nikhil Sinha?

NS:  (Laughs) I don't know. It is going to be very challenging for me because after making a show like Mahadev…what else can I make? I have raised the bar for myself and at this point it is very difficult to envision what I will do next. I do have a few ideas, few things in my mind but let's see. The thing is that now people have very high expectations from me and I have very high expectations from myself so I have to make something better than this. I don't consider myself a perfectionist but I really enjoy what I do and at the end of the day my work should make me happy. If I am happy with my work, the results will show. The idea is that Mahadev will continue till the time we can make it gracefully. We will not disgrace the show or the story at any point. The moment we feel that there is nothing left in the story and 'abh kheench rahein hai', no matter what the ratings are, we will shut the show down.

TG: Has the show changed you in any way?

NS: I was always a spiritual guy and I have a deep connection with God. I talk to him, ask him for what I want and I have a very one on one relationship with God. Whatever I do...I express gratitude. I think that when you take on a project your thought process moves in that direction. So if you make a mythological show, you start exploring and reading more on the subject. Similarly if you make crime shows, you start looking into that area. We have done so much research for Mahadev, read so many beautiful texts, discovered secrets and stories…so obviously the spirituality just takes over. You feel more connected with God.

TG: When you get time, what do you do?

NS:  I do get time for myself and my family…I create that balance. So whenever I get time off, I spend it with my wife and daughter and I watch a lot of movies. I do like to travel but don't get time for long holidays but we still try and take short trips.

TG: Have you received any criticism on the show?

NS: No, everyone I speak to is happy with the show. I have never received any criticism. I don't think anything is wrong with the show and most people who watch it feel proud about it. So, 'abhi tak aisa mauka aaya nahi.'

TG: Best compliment about the show

NS: Let me think, because there have been so many compliments. I feel so proud that I am associated with this show. Ok I am the maker of this show yet I am just a part of it. I feel that just being associated with Mahadev is my biggest achievement. Everyone who is connected with the show considers themselves lucky. I think that the best compliment is that Mahadev has surpassed religious and class boundaries because everyone watches the show. I remember when I started the show; someone asked me what will be the benchmark or achievement for this show. On Indian television, we have mainstream shows and Costume dramas (Period, fantasy, historical, mythological) and I have always been a fan of costume dramas. So I thought about the question and I figured that if I can create a show where I can remove the distinction of Period or Mainstream then that will be an achievement or benchmark for me. With Mahadev, we are moving along those lines and our ratings show that we are reaching a point where this show is no longer just a mythological…it is a mainstream show on television. 

Photo credit: Nikhil Sinha

Tinsel Gupshup

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

"I couldn't say a no when I was offered Madhubala":Arti Puri

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 | 4:00:14 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    6 Comments
"I couldn't say a no when I was offered Madhubala":Arti Puri

tellybuzz in talks with Arti Puri...

The lovable and ebullient Arti Puri who is seen playing the role of Trishna in Colors' daily soap 'Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon', in conversation with tellybuzz...

Let's have a look at what has she to say...

How did acting happen to you?
Acting happened to me because I was born to be an actor. Since childhood I always dreamt of being an actor.

How has your journey been in the television industry?
Madhubala is my first show on television and it has been great till now. I never thought of venturing into the small screen since I always wanted to act in movies.In fact I do act in Punjabi movies too. I suffered from an injury and wasn't allowed to do films for a while but then came an offer of being a part of Madhubala for which I couldn't say a no. That's where this journey began from.

How is it working with the co-stars?
It is great working with my co-stars. They have become a part of my life now, it's like a homely feeling. All of them are fantastic and very co-operative when it comes to work.

How is it working with the production house?
It is been very nice working with the production house. Specially would want to mention my producer Saurabh Tiwari who has been very understanding. He knew that I was offered a Bollywood project and understanding this he allowed me to take that up as well as adjusted the timings for me too.  However I will be back on the show very soon, maybe in a week's time.

That one person you are closest to in the show?
I don't have one person but have two and they are: Drashti Dhami and Pallavi.

If you were invisible for a day?
Well I would wish that this day lasted at least for a week so that I can enjoy it to the fullest. Anyway I would go all around the city's shoe shops and get myself all the trendiest shoes since I am obsessed about them. (smiles). Then I would also want to know all the secrets of my friends' lives. Adding to this all, I would love to spend a day with Salman Khan as I am a huge Salman Khan fan.

The person who inspires you in your life?
I get inspiration from all the  people I meet. Every person inspires you in a way, you just have to sense it. Be it negative or positive it teaches you something for lifetime.

Any current ongoing show you would want to be a part of?
Well I love the show 'Devon ke Dev.Mahadev' a lot. I don't know what character would I suit in or want to play since I love all of them. Their acting is simply amazing and the show is superb! Very impressed by it.

A quote you follow in life and why?
'Live and Let live'. I do not like judging people and I seriously practice this in my life as it takes away all the negativity from our life and positivity follows automatically. 

Reporter and Author:Krishma Solanki
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Anjali Abrol to wow Mahadev as Meenakshi

The writer has posted comments on this articleTejashree BhopatkarTejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Oct 17, 2012, 11.53AM IST

Anjali Abrol claimed fame through the character of Rani from Star Plus's ace show Raja Ki Ayegi Baraat after which she was seen in Sony TV's Chajje Chajje Ka Pyaar for a while. However, the actress took a long gap from TV to enjoy her personal and social life and is now all set to return.

Few weeks back it was reported in the media that Anjali Abrol will be seen in one of the upcoming episodes of Star Plus's Lakhon Mein Ek and the latest we heard is she is all set to enter Life OK's most celebrated show Devo Ke Dev Mahadev, produced by Traingle Films Company.

A little birdie quips, Anjali Abrol has been short listed to essay the character of Meenakshi, the one who wants to get Mahadev ( Mohit Raina). Meenakshi is a normal girl but is fascinated by Mahadev's charisma and wants to take Parvati's place.

Interestingly,she tries all means to impress Mahadev but at the end gets defeated as Mahadev clears her that he is married to Parvati and no one else can ever take her position.

"It's a cameo but I loved to be associated with Mahadev and that's the reason why I took up the role," confirms Anjali Abrol.

Anjali has started shooting and her track will go on air next week.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Anjali-Abrol-to-wow-Mahadev-as-Meenakshi/articleshow/16847916.cms

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Essaying the role of lord Shiva is not an easy task: Mohit Raina

Priyanka Naithani, TNN | Oct 21, 2012, 02.05PM IST
Read More:Mouni Roy|Mohit Raina|Feedback|Devon Ke Dev – Mahadev|Curiosity
Tweet
Essaying the role of lord Shiva is not an easy task: Mohit Raina
Mohit Raina

Actor Mohit Raina is getting to learn something new, everyday on the sets

For actor Mohit Raina, who is currently essaying the role of lord Shiva in the show Devon Ke Dev - Mahadev, everyday is a new learning experience. "When I started with the show, I knew that it would be a huge challenge, as everyone had great expectations from this show. Essaying the role of lord Shiva is not an easy task and living up to the audience expectation was not easy," says Mohit.

According to Raina, the unusual cast of Mahadev definitely has won half the battle. The remaining half was won by the great production attributes like special effects and the camera work of the show.

And last but not the least, is the great chemistry between actor Mouni Roy and Mohit. They also have been accepted well by the audience. "I feel our producer, Nikhil Sinha has done the casting very accurately. The audience always likes to see some new couple on TV, as it generates theCuriosity as how a new pair will look on screen."

Mohit also sums up his experience working in Mahadev as amazing. "I am glad that audience has accepted me. Getting positive Feedback from the audience is always enriching. Everyday I am getting to learn something new, which is helping me to improve as an actor," concludes Mohit.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
  • 21 Oct 2012
  • Hindustan Times (Mumbai)

The Mahadev effect

Mohit Raina is known for playing Mahadev in Nikhil Sinha's show, Mahadev. The modelturned-actor says that his on screen role has affected him tremendously. "I have become a calmer person, not that I was short tempered earlier, but playing Mahadev has helped me approach things differently now. Our producerdirector too maintains a lot of discipline on the sets, which is a habit I have picked up," says Raina. The show has got a major fan following. The audiences seem to be enjoying watching Lord Shiva's love story with Sati and Parvati, and his role as a father.

KAVITA AWAASTHIMohit Raina

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/I-have-20-year-olds-proposing-to-me-Surendra/articleshow/16911762.cms

I have 20-year-olds proposing to me: Surendra

Akash Wadhwa, TNN | Oct 22, 2012, 12.02PM IST
inShare
Read More:Touch|Surendra Pal|Sonia Gandhi|Sonarika Bhadoria|Prajapati Daksh|Mouni Roy|Mohit Raina|Friends|Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev|Akhilesh Yadav
I have 20-year-olds proposing to me: Surendra
Surendra Pal
Actor Surendra Pal, now better known asPrajapati Daksh from Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev, is loving his new-found popularity 

Second time lucky Life does not always give a second chance, but it did to the actors of Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev, feels Lucknowite and actor,Surendra Pal Singh, now popularly known as Prajapati Daksh. "Three flop actors made one serial a hit," laughs Surendra, who was recently in Lucknow for the shooting of a Bhojpuri film. "It is so interesting that Mohit RainaMouni RoySonarika Bhadoria and even I... we all were flop actors, who suddenly became popular with Mahadev. Before signing the show, none of us had any idea that characters of a mythological show like this, when youth-based serials and saas-bahu soaps are the flavour of the season, would be able to do so well. It is all divine grace," he adds. 

Enjoying the fame And now, Surendra is enjoying every bit of the recently gained fame. "It is so strange that people come to me, especially ladies, and Touch my feet addressing me as Mahadev ke sasurji and will ask me to bless them. All this used to happen when Mahabharataand Ramayana were first telecast and there was only one channel and limited shows," he says. Surendra's fan following doesn't stop there. "I have girls aged between 20 and 30 years, proposing marriage to me! I don't know what has happened to them that they want to marry an old guy like me! Recently, when a girl proposed to me I told her that she can actually date my son since they are of the same age," he laughs. 

Happily single But Surendra says he is happy being single. "I separated from my wife long back and since then, I have been living with my three beautiful children. My life revolves around them. It is time for me now to help my son settle in life and not think about me finding a life partner. And waise bhi, I have so much to keep me occupied. Ab yeh social networking sites ko hi le lo. You know, all thanks to Facebook, I am now connected with my bachpan ke dost. In fact, I also connected with my first girlfriend recently! Saari puraani yaadein taaza ho gayi," he blushes. 

Politically correct Surendra has had political inclinations too. "Sonia Gandhi offered me a ticket to contest elections from her party twice, but at that time I didn't have time," he claims, "But now I do plan to enter politics. I am not sure which party, but I love the way Akhilesh Yadav has managed his party. I have been Friends with Shivpal Yadav for more than 30 years and I love the way Tipu (Akhilesh's pet name) is managing the whole state." So will he be joining the Samajwadi Party? "You never know," smiles Surender.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Sonarika Bhadoria receives divine powers?

Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Oct 24, 2012, 12.00AM IST
inShare
Read More:Sonarika Bhadoria|Devon Ke Dev Mahadev
Sonarika Bhadoria receives divine powers?
Sonarika Bhadoria as Goddess Parvati
Actress Sonarika Bhadoria, who plays Goddess Parvati in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, seems to have received some 'divine powers' from her character. Reportedly, whenever she dons Durga's attire, the wishes of those around her get fulfilled. 

Sonarika says, "My driver observes all nine days of Navratri. As per the ritual, he wanted to offer prayers in the evening, but that seemed impossible on the first day of Navratri. He was with me throughout and these days, we have been shooting till late. I was on the sets, dressed like Durga. My driver was restless and told me, 'Shaam ko ghar jaake diya batti nahi kar paaunga.' I said, 'Uncle, aap chinta mat kijiye aap pohochenge aur aarti zarur karenge.' I was only trying to give him false hope, but ever since, we have been packing up early. And then, a few days ago, when I was in Durga's attire, a makeup man came up to me and jokingly said, 'Pranam, Maate. Sab ko aashirwaad dete ho. Mera bhi kuch karvaao, dhan barsaao'. I simply said, 'Tathastu, kalyaan ho!' And to my surprise, the next morning he thanked me 

saying that his boss has given him a salary hike and promotion. I was speechless." Well, so are we. 
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Radha Krishna Dutta plays Chief Minister in Chakravyuha

Friday, October 26, 2012 | 12:58:49 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
Radha Krishna Dutta plays Chief Minister in Chakravyuha

Radha Krishna Dutta talks of his role in Prakash Jha's Chakravyuha

Radha Krishna Dutta, graduate from the National School of Drama, who plays Lord Brahma in Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev on Life OK, King Janak in Sabke Jeevan Ka Aadhar - Ramayan on Zee TV and the main negative role Jamunia on Door Darshan and is the husband of popular TV actress Rupal Patel; has played the role of the Chief Minister in Prakash Jha's Chakravyuha. 

The film is a social commentary on Naxalites and the tale of two friends. Speaking of his role in the film Dutta says, "I play the Chief Minister of a coalition government who genuinely tries for development in the State. The Chief Minister hails from a very rich family.  However it is very difficult for him to do good work as the whole system is messed up. The marginalized castes are still suffering. In the film you see people even running away from the police. The Naxalite activities affect about 60% of India's population."

Chakravyuha has opened with positive reviews. It's a socio-political thriller dealing with a burning issue which has moved many Indians.

- Reporter and Author: Pallavi Bhattacharya