Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

I was destined to play Parvati: Sonarika Bhadoria!

I was destined to play Parvati: Sonarika Bhadoria!
Sonarika Bhadoria

Nikhil Sinha's mythological show 'Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev' on Life OK, recently saw the entry of Sonarika Bhadoria on the show. 

Being associated with a show based on the life of Lord 
Shiva is something to be proud of and Sonarika is feeling just the same.

Mahadev is Sonarika's second show after 'Tum Dena Saath Mera' which ended abruptly and the actress just can't stop expressing her excitement being a part of Mahadev.

"After my first show went off air, I went back to my home in Lucknow and was having a fun time with my family. I wanted to take a break and was looking for something different."
But soon Sonarika got a call from the channel (Life OK) to be play the role of 
Parvati inMahadev.

"I would like to take the name, there is this person called Kshitij from the channel's side, who asked me to audition for Mahadev and he insisted that I should at least give it a try."
After few auditions and look tests Sonarika bagged the role. "I was told that there were other actors who were considered for the role. But it looks like, I was destined to play Parvati" says Sonarika with a beaming smile. 
But Sonarika's struggle does not end here as after being selected, she had to immediately start shooting for the show without any research or home work on her character. 

"I have not even got the time to do research on my role. The language is also new to me. But I am working hard to give my best and I hope people appreciate my work. Our Producer 
Nikhil Sinha is a fantastic person and a very helping producer" shares Sonarika.
Sonarika, who is a big devotee of lord Shiva, says that being a Mahadev follower helped her to understand the role that she is playing. 

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Rishina Kandhari and Priyanka Panchal to be back in Mahadev!

Saturday, June 23, 2012 | 1:42:26 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
Rishina Kandhari and Priyanka Panchal to be back in Mahadev!

Rishina Kandhari and Priyanka Panchal who had exited from the show , will now mark their re entry in the show...

Rishina Kandhari and Priyanka Panchal who had exited from Life Ok's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev after Sati (Mouni Roy) died, might soon be back in the show!

It was shown that after Sati's death, her family went for vanvaas. If rumours are to be believed, Khyati (Rishina Kandhari) and Aditi (Priyanka Panchal) will soon be back in the show in a totally different look.

Their date of re-entry has not been finalised but according to our sources it will happen soon.

When Tellybuzz contacted Rishina Khandari she told us- "I have no Idea about it. I don't know, but I will be more than happy to be back again as I have great memories with the show."

Reporter -Nadia Malik
Author - Medha Parashar
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Shalini-Kapoor-has-fun-in-Delhi/articleshow/14386203.cms

Shalini Kapoor has fun in Delhi!

TV actress Shalini Kapoor who debuted as the sister of film director Parmeet Sethi in Dastaan and who was last seen on the mythological show Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, is having some fun in Delhi. 

"After my character went off air, my husband and I were planning a short vacation to Delhi and we finally made it." Shalini, whose in-lawslive in Delhi, opted for a train journey to the capital. So how did the little one react to this? "Aadya my little daughter had fun and she was amazed to see the greenery from the window. She enjoyed viewing the mountains and rivers too, something she has seen on television and the computer." Shalini feels the train journey was important as she wanted her daughter Aadya to witness nature and appreciate it. Shalini will also do river rafting in Hrishikesh and has lots of adventures planned.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Sonarika's online imposter!

Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Jun 28, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:Touch|Sonarika Bhadoria|Devon Ke Dev Mahadev
Sonarika's online imposter!
Sonarika Bhadoria
Actress Sonarika Bhadoria, currently playing Parvati in Nikhil Sinha's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, has a reason to worry. 

The actress has been unable to keep in Touchwith her fans due to her tight shooting schedule and one of her fans has created an account on a micro-blogging site for her! This fan regularly updates the account with information regarding Sonarika's shoots and track details. Sounds scary? Here's what Sonarika has to say, "I am not on this particular social networking website. where is the time? After my shoots, I head home which is often after midnight.

I am on one of the social networking websites but I hardly log on to it." Incidentally, all the tweets on Sonarika's fake account are based on her personal life and the show. The person has also been posting the actress' personal family pictures. "It can be one of my fans. Unless and until it's not abusive, I don't mind. But it is surely strange that someone is so clued into my daily routine," says the actress.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

TOI-Mouni Roy and Arjun Bijlani in Music Video

Arjun Bijlani

Here is some good news for the fans of the handsome and dashing Arjun Bijlani and bong beauty Mouni Roy.

Arjun, who rose to fame with Star One's 'Miley Jab Hum Tum' and Mouni Roy, who enthralled the audiences as Sati in 'Mahadev', will soon be seen romancing each other. 
Yes, you read it right. The talented actors will team up to romance one another but not for the small screen instead they will seen in a music album together.

Arjun and Mouni will feature in a music video, Tu Meri Jaan, and the songs from the album have been sung by talented new comer Swati Sharma from Delhi.

The shooting for the song will take place today.
When contacted, Mouni Roy said, "I am doing a music video for the first time and I am very happy to be a part of it. It is refreshing to do a light romantic music album after a performance oriented role like Sati." 

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

All is fair for a role!

Amrita Mulchandani, TNN | Jul 5, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:Work Out|Touch|Ronit Roy|Punar Vivah — Zindagi Milegi Dobara|Kasauti Zindagi Kay|Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon|Gurmeet Choudhary|Cancer|Arnav Singh Raizada
All is fair for a role!
Gurmeet Choudhary in Punar Vivah — Zindagi Milegi Dobara
Tellytown actors are pulling out all stops to get into the skin of their screen characters. From gaining flab (and shedding it too), shaving off their mane to putting on the panstick for long hours to look 'real', perfecting their martial arts moves for a kick butt high voltage action sequences, our soapbox stars want to wow the audience with a vengeance.

Hair Apparent
Who: Kushal Tandon
Role Play: Viraat in Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain
Hair Rising: Virat adopts buzz cut to lend emotional support to sweetheart Maanvi in the show.
To support his love Maanvi who is undergoing Cancer treatment, Virat has shaved off his thick locks and is flaunting the buzz cut. Kushal says, "When my role demanded the look I was more than happy to do it. This will remain a memorable experience for me."

Who: Priya Wal
Role Play: Anvesha Banerjee Ray in Remix
Hair Story: Priya took a bold step and streaked her hair red and purple.
Her coloured streaks became a rage among youngsters. No one actually got to see any other television actress experimenting so much with their hair!

Who: Karan V Grover
Role Play: Karan Jagmohan Prasaad in Yahaaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli
Buzz like that: Karan too went for a buzz cut to fit into the storyline.
"It was my idea to go for the cut. I thought the look would suit the character and viewers too would get to see something different. My mom was shocked when she saw me with that hairstyle," says Karan.

Who: Ronit Roy
Role Play: Rishabh Bajaj in Kasauti Zindagi Kay
B & W: Ronit sported salt and pepper hair for few years.
Ronit had salt and pepper hair for few years. "My salt and pepper hair were because of make-up, and because of that I had to colour my hair black for eight years," says Ronit.

Action reloaded

Who: Gurmeet Choudhary
Role Play: Yash Sindhia in Punar Vivah - Zindagi Milegi Dobara
Fab to fab abs: Well chiselled bod and perfect abs for stunts in shows.
With his six pack abs and several action scenes in few shows, Gurmeet knows his art well. "I prefer to do my own action scenes. When I was asked to do action scenes I refused to have a body double. When I was asked to climb a 40 feet high crane in the opening scene of the show, I did it on my own without harness. It was a risk, but the expressions were worth it. I believe that to get in the skin of character one has to experience it. In any case extra training is helpful," says Gurmeet.

Who: Karan Singh Grover
Role Play: Dr. Armaan Mallik in Dill Mill Gayye
Action packed: Tattoos apart, his power packed punches told the bodyline story of the actor on screen.
Tattoos and muscles typify KSG. He has always gained eyeballs with his these two assets. Karan has built his muscular body with strict training and hitting the gym regularly. He did a kickboxing scene that was an impressive adaptation of Robert Downey Jr's action sequence in Sherlock Holmes. Reportedly, Karan even hurt his back while filming this particular sequence in 2010.

Who: Barun Sobti
Role Play: Arnav Singh Raizada in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?
Tone it up: With a dash of muscular Touch the actor's efforts to turn more macho is earning him lot of fan following.
From a cameo in a youth show to being prime time telly's hottest star, Barun has come a long way. "I haven't really done anything to change my physique. I am genetically blessed — I don't hit the gym, but I Work Out to get muscles. It is okay for me if I workout even for three days in a month. The action director always guides me during the fight sequences and that makes it easier for me," says Barun.

In character
Who: Deven Bhojani
Role Play: Gopal Thakkar (Gattu) in Baa Bahoo Aur Baby
Age is just a number: As Gattu, who is autistic, the actor not only won the audiences' heart, but also set standards for others. 
Most actors couldn't make out his real age when he played Gattu. Not just fame and popularity, Deven got loads of love when he did this show. To prepare for this cute character, Deven "observed autistic children. I did watch few Hollywood films, but it didn't help. I like to look different for different characters, but the whole thing shouldn't look forced. I used to take half an hour to get ready for the character. The 25 seconds silence before saying action helped me a lot. There were times when I would go on even after the director said cut." 

Who: Disha Vakani
Role Play: Daya Jethalal Gada in Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
Accent perfect: Disha Vakani made headlines with her dialogue delivered by sporting that trademark pout which still is a hit with the masses.
"Before doing this show, I was active in theatre and people knew that I used to do mimicry. While shooting, the show director asked me to come up with some weird voice patterns which helped me segregate Disha's character from other Gujarati characters on television. Initially, I used to practice this peculiar voice modulation for two hours. It was very difficult and I could not speak to people during the shoot because I was scared to get back into my normal voice mode. Creating this type of voice and then maintaining it isn't easy. The audience loves Daya's voice and I also enjoy enacting it," laughs Disha.

Who: Mona Singh
Role Play: Jassi in Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin
Brace it up: Braces, flicked hair, thick framed glasses and loose fitting salwar-kameez gave her a unique image to her onscreen character.
In loose fitted clothes, braces and flicked hair, the plain Jane bespectacled Jassi might have been a fashion disaster, but she became an icon of sorts. Mona made several appearances in various cities, but only in her character look. It took her several hours to slam the make up and her gums would bleed because of the braces, but the ugly duckling role gave Pune model Mona a cult status and kids love.

Who: Mohit Raina
Role Play: Mahadev in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev
Spice it up: Rudraksh, curly locked wigs, rubber snake wrapped around his neck and a dash of vibhuti — the character of Lord Shiva demanded Mohit work long hours in the make up room. Not to mention the Kathak tutorials to learn Shiv tandav.
Mohit gained lot of fame and popularity with his onscreen portrayal of Shiv in the show. Mohit says, "I had to work hard on my language as it required shudh Hindi. I take an hour to get ready with my outfit and make-up. Initially, it used to take more than an hour, but now I get ready faster. When I was offered the show, I was apprehensive that how I will fit into a mythological show, but now I'm happy and satisfied with the audiences' reaction."

Bodylicious
Who: Vivian D'sena
Role Play: Superstar RK (Rishab Kumar) in Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon
Pound shedding: The actor lost 12 kilos to get into the skin of the character.
Having lost about 12-13 kilos, courtesy strict diet and gymming for two-three hours a day, for the role of RK, Vivian D'sena's entry in the show has been quite dhamakedar. "I had a goal and went about following it. So, besides my regular exercises regime, I had to consume lots of green tea. I used to take at least 12 cups of green tea every day. The antioxidants in the tea helped me lose weight fast," says Vivian.

Who: Smriti Irani
Role Play: Tulsi Virani in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
Style me different: She donned different garbs as her character grew thereby setting new benchmarks for the newcomers in the tellyland
With her different looks and style, she created a niche for herself in the industry. The entire history of television changed with her show and character. With her dedication and ability to play roles of different age group, Smriti was asked to put on weight and she did it with no qualms.

Who: Smriti Kalra
Role Play: Suvreen Gugal in Suvreen Guggal Topper of the year
Flab to fab: While she amassed few kilos for the show 12/24 Karol Bagh, she got back into shape for her role in her current show.
This plump looking girl made her presence felt in 12/24 Karol Bagh, but it is her current show that made several guys turn their heads. Smriti says that what people get to her see her now as Surveen is the real her. She had actually put on weight for her earlier show. This girl surely looks awesome and pretty in her 'new-old' avatar. Way to go girl!**

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
TC articles are not allowed to be posted in IF
DKDM DT
Minakshi
Edited by mnx12 - 11 years ago
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Mahadev to accept Parvati in Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev!

Friday, July 06, 2012 | 3:30:31 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
Mahadev to accept Parvati in Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev!

The awaited track of Mahadev accepting Parvati is going to come up in the mahaepisode of Life Ok's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev...

Life Ok's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev is coming up with its mahaepisode this Sunday which will be filled with some of exciting sequences for which the viewers were waiting for.

In the upcoming mahaepisode of the show, viewers will get to see Naagraj Kadru attacking Himavan's palace. Menavati will inform Parvati (Sonarika Bhadoria) that Naagraj Kadru has made her father prisoner, as Naagraj wants Parvati to get married with his son. Vidyumali will ask Parvati to get married with Naagraj's son first then he will leave Himavan and Parvati will agree to it. Naagraj will realise his mistake and will tell Tarkasur's son that he will not let Parvati get married to his son.

Parvati will make the shivling of Mahadev (Mohit Raina) as her witness and she will sit in the Palki but no one will be able to lift it up. Mahadev will come to rescue Parvati from the monster and Vidyumali will throw shakti on Parvati and she will get unconscious. Mahadev will ask apology from Parvati and also accept her.

What's going to be Parvati's reaction? Viewers have to keep track of the show to unearth the answer to this question.'

Reporter: Ranjini Nair
Author: Anwesha Kamal

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Young leads have recently been a trend on television and the latest entrant Sonarika Bhadoria from producer Nikhil Sinha's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, is said to have turned 19. 

In fact, we hear that the actress' mother is always spotted with Sonarika on the sets of her show. When we contacted Sonarika she said, "Yes, my mom is usually on the sets with me and it's really great to have her around. I appreciate having her around for guidance as well as feedback. 

My mom is extremely non-interfering as an individual and so she usually spends most of her time in my make up room and doesn't interrupt our shoots at all. At the end of the day, she watches the final cut and provides me with her valuable feedback. Also, everyone around here loves her because she enjoys cooking and brings delicious home made meals for my co-stars. She's really become a favorite of all on the sets. For me, having my mother around is a great moral support!" It seems like Sonarika is truly a mommy's girl!

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

I don't believe that talent can ever get typecast: Mohit Raina

Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Jul 8, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:Women|Rush|Mohit Raina|Devon Ke Dev Mahadev|Avatar|Alpha
Tweet
I don't believe that talent can ever get typecast: Mohit Raina
Mohit Raina
Mohit Raina, small screen's Mahadev, talks about love, life and Women, with Neha Maheshwri Bhagat

Playing God is not easy...
While the actor admits to having had initial apprehensions of taking up the offer, he says, "Both my father and I are staunch believers of Shiva, so, I accepted Nikhil Sinha's offer to play God in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev."

No fear of getting typecast
"I don't believe that talent can ever get typecast. You just need to experiment with your looks and appear different on every show," states Mohit.

Prepping up to be divine
"I do a lot of meditation so that I am able to reflect calmness on my face, something that attracts people to Mahadev. It's not easy to get that calm look given the mad Rush that's associated with a daily soap since we are always working against time," says he. Mohit also worked on his body and put on around five kilos for the role. "I had to put on weight since I had to reflect Mahadev's Alpha male image."

Crazy fan-following!
There are fans who request him to visit their houses in his Lord Shiva attire so that they can offer their prayers to Him and seek his blessings! Recounts he, "My character had kheer for the first time on the show and the following day, so many people made kheer to celebrate the fact that their lord had devoured kheer. Fans get me kheer when they come to meet me on the sets. People call me everything from divine to pleasing to hot."

'Who wants to marry God?'
The only bane of essaying Lord Shiva is that Mohit has stopped getting marriage proposals. Not that marriage is on his mind, but he has become divine now. "Earlier, I used to get at least one or two proposals but not anymore. Bhagwan se jab tak insaan nahi bann jaata tab tak kuch nahi hoga. Bhagwan se kaun shaadi karega? They are also scared of the snake around my neck," he says.

Against his parents' wish
"My parents thought that I had lost it and would ruin my life when I told them that I wanted to become an actor. But then it was meant to be. I have faced struggles and have given some flops before hitting the jackpot. My father passed away two days before this role was offered to me. I accepted it as a gift from my father," he says.

Trivia.
Mohit takes almost two hours to transform into Mahadev.
He had to put on around five kilos to look the part.
He is a self-proclaimed hermit! Neither does he drink nor does he smoke and calls black coffee his 'wine'.
Though single in life, he is a die-hard romantic.
A picture of his on screen Avatar is hung outside a temple in Banaras.