Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

With each passing day, TV actors are increasingly making their way into Bollywood. Few days back we wrote about small screen heavyweights, Ram Kapoor (Bade Achhe Lagte Hain) and Ravi Kissen (Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa), being signed for an upcoming YRF movie. Now, the latest we have learned is that the same production house has also roped in child actor Anushka Sen for their another upcoming project. Anushka is currently a part of Life OK's Mahadev wherein she has entered as little .

In the untitled movie, Anushka will play the female lead's cousin sister. She will balance shooting schedules between the daily series and the flick.

"Yes, my daughter Anushka is also doing an YRF untitled movie and it's a great honour for her to work with such great personalities and production house," confirmed Anushka's father, Anirban Sen, to Tellychakkar.com.

Way to go, young girl!!!

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Ishita Vyas opts out of Mahadev; newbie enters

Tellychakkar.com has been constantly following the latest developments in Life OK's super popular show Devon Ka Dev...Mahadev produced by Triangle Film Company. And the latest bit of info we have learned is that Ishita Vyas, who was roped in to essay the role of Parvati's friend, has opted out of the venture.

Yes, you heard it right. We broke the news of Ishita being signed and now we are breaking the news of her exit. As reported, the makers wanted to see Ishita playing the role of Vijaya in the show. But the thing never really materialized.

"Ishita is also doing a movie titled Ek Thi Dain with Emraan Hashmi and that's the reason she could not give dates to Mahadev and decided to opt out," confirmed Vijay, Business Manager of Ishita Vyas exclusively to Tellychakkar.com.

Furthermore, we have also been informed that a newbie named Naina Singh has replaced Ishita.

Keep reading this section for more updates on Mahadev!!!

(C)-TellyChakkar.Com
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Hunt is on for Parvati in Devon ke Dev…Mahadev
Devon ke Dev...Mahadev
Triangle Film Company's Devon ke Dev...Mahadev on Life OK is fast gaining popularity for its mythological theme and larger than life characters. 

Mohit Raina as Mahadev and Mouni Roy asSati have a wonderful on screen chemistry. But as Mouni's (Sati) role comes to an end, the hunt will be on for Parvati. 
When contacted, Mouni Roy shared her views on being part of the show. Says Mouni, "It was a tremendous experience and everything about the show is so grand. I had the requisites for the role. I had some amount of innocence and some amount of arrogance. I feel I can pull off any role after this". Ask her who her favourite co-star is and Mouni replies, "It has to be Mohit. He's somebody I can have a conversation with".
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

I am living a bairagee jeevan like Lord Shiva: Mohit Raina

Mohit Raina

Tellychakkar.com called me up to be the guest editor for an hour or two. And guess what? I realized that journalism is not at all easy. However, when I was asked to interview someone from the television fraternity, I could not think of any other name but actor Mohit Raina's, who is playing Lord Shiva in my show Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev on Life OK. So, in a candid chat with me, the guest editor of Tellychakkar.com, Mohit talks about his personal and professional life. Excerpts:

Tell us something about yourself. How did you land up in the television industry?

I hail from Jammu & Kashmir and I am a very simple guy. My cousins used to pull my legs saying, "Arrey yaar, tu toh hero ke tarah dikhta hai." Then after graduation, I enrolled myself to become a Chartered Accountant and in the midst participated in Grasim Mr. India 2005. In the competition my name featured in the top five contestants. It all started from there and later I came to Mumbai. In the TV industry, I started off with Bhabhi, wherein I did a small stint and then moved on to be a part of Chehra and Ganga Ki Dheej.

How did you bag the role of Lord Shiv in Mahadev?

I am a Kashmiri Brahmin and have heard so many stories about Lord Shiva since my childhood. I can actually relate to him a lot. Furthermore, Jammu is also known for Ambernath Yatra. So when I heard that you are making a mythological show based on Lord Shiva, and I got the opportunity to play the God himself, I grabbed it with both hands. I knew you would do justice to the concept as you have tremendous experience in the genre. I did not want to lose the opportunity at any cost (smiles).

Did you ever imagine that one day you will be a part of a mythological show?

Frankly speaking, I never thought about it. It is a different genre altogether. But Mahadev is very different in terms of its treatment and presentation. Viewers love it. The show depicts Lord Shiva's life in a very beautiful and simple manner. I consider myself lucky to be a part of it.

Don't you feel scared of getting typecast?

I think it depends on the actor. If an actor his good enough then he or she will never get typecast. You can take Gurmeet Choudhary's example. He started off his career playing Ram and now he is portraying all sorts of characters. (Two years later you will give my example to somebody else, smiles). I am very happy with the decision and I think that my hard work has really paid off. The response has been wonderful and shows like this are not made every day.

What is the response of your family?

Oh… they are extremely happy. I think iss Shivratri par woh meri he pooja karne waale hain…(laughs). You won't believe it but my journey so far has been very filmy. My family was totally against my decision of becoming an actor. So one day I just went up to them and placed two envelopes in front of them. One envelope had my resignation letter and the other had my tickets to Mumbai. So after much persuasion they finally agreed to me being an actor.

Tell us something about the character Shiva you are playing. Did you do any research to portray it?

As I told you, I knew a lot about Lord Shiva's life since childhood. Furthermore, I started meditating to get the feel of the character. It gives me inner strength. The problem is when you are portraying such a strong character the expectation level is always very high. So I do take extra care as Lord Shiva has innumerable devotees and I should look convincing in my mannerisms. And somewhere down the line, there is a bit of moral responsibility as well.

Fair enough. Now tell us something about your co-actors?

I must admit that I have been very fortunate to be working with such a great team and such talented actors in Mahadev. I remember Surendra Pal –who plays Prajapati Daksh in the show – visiting me on the sets to greet me personally. He was shooting on another set but he came just to tell me that he liked my performance and he wanted to meet me. It was a sweet gesture and I was really touched. Apart from him, Mouni Roy, my co star, is also a fantastic person. She is very talented and co-operative. While we were rehearsing for the dance sequences she went out of her way and helped me to learn the moves.

You must be keeping really busy. How do you get time to keep yourself fit and maintain such a good physique?

I have to give the credit to my mobile phone as it wakes me up at 5 in the morning. I work out regularly for about one and a half hour as I need to look fit as Lord Shiva. It is my responsibility to look good and I will try to live up to it.

Tell us something about your personal life? Have you found your real life Sati?

(Laughs)… no not yet. I am an actor who totally devotes himself to work. I am like Shiva and I am living a bairagi jeevan. So I am still waiting for my dream girl joh mujhe iss bairagi jeevan se nikale…(laughs)

Finally, any message for your fans?

You have always loved and appreciated the efforts put in by the team of Mahadev and please continue to do so. Keep loving us and watching the show.

(C)-TellyChakkar.Com
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Ishita Vyas in Adaalat's special episode

Ishita Vyas

Good news for Ishita Vyas fans. This lovely lady hit the headlines first for opting out from playing a meaty role in Life OK's Mahadev. Later she went on to feature in Savdhan India and the latest we have learned is that Ishita has been roped in for an episodic in Adaalat airing on Sony Entertainment Television.

Apart from tube, we have also reported that the actress is a part of two upcoming Bollywood movies, Ek Thi Daayan and Special Chabbis.

In Adaalat, Ishita will be seen as Mira, a stylish and vivacious girl. And guess what? The story will revolve around a dog, Rusty.

The episodic is being directed by Rajesh Ranshinge.

"It was really an interesting episode to shoot. Ishita enjoyed shooting with the dog, "confirmed Vijay, business manager of Ishita Vyas.

Keep watching this space for latest updates from the world of television!!!

(C)-TellyChakkar.Com
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Shiv and Parvati to unite; Kartikeya to kill Tarkasur in Mahadev

Mohit Raina and Sonarika Bhadoria

With Sonarika Bhadoria stepping in, the search for Parvati has ended in Life OK's Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev, produced by Triangle Film Company. But one question still lingers large in the hearts of fans which pertains to Tarkasur's (Raj Premi) death in the show. But relax…folks…here we are back to answer all your unanswered queries.

The promos have already hit the airwaves about Kamdev (Vishal Nayak) playing a vital role in bringing Shiv (Mohit Raina) and Parvati together. Now, here's the upcoming dope. Kamdev will send apsaras to distract Shiv's meditation.

He will also shoot arrows of love at Shiv so that he gets hit and falls for Parvati. Kamdav wants Shiv and Parvati to unite so that they give birth to a child, who will ultimately be the killer of evil Tarkasur.

But there will be a twist. Shiv will wake up from his meditation and open his third eye, burning Kamdev to ashes.

But by then Kamdev's arrows would have already struck Shiv and he would fall in love with Parvati and their union will lead to the birth of Kartikeya. Kartikeya will eventually go ahead and kill Tarkasur.

"I have just shot for the promo but I am yet to shoot the entire Kamdev drama episode. I cannot really divulge much at this point of time," said Vishal Nayak to Tellychakkar.com.

Keep reading this section for more updates on Mahadev!!!

(C)-TellyChakkar.Com
Edited by deboleena.manna - 11 years ago
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Saurabh Raj Jain's contrasting images

Saurabh Raj Jain's contrasting images
Saurabh Raj Jain

Saurabh Raj Jain, better known as Kunal Chopra's brother Anand in Parichay, is currently seen in two contrasting roles on TV.

On one hand, he plays a rebel, Yuvraj inUttaran and in another, the role of calm and composed Lord Vishnu in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev. And the actor admits it is no mean feat to get into the skin of the two vastly different characters. "This is challenging, especially when in the first half of the day I'm a complete brat — proud and angry — and in the second half, I have to be the 'enlightened' one with a mystic smile." The actor admits to have been a rebel in real life much like his character Yuvraj. "I guess I've evolved now. Being a rebel is not wrong only if it's for the right reasons," he states.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Mouni's Instinct brought her Appreciation!

Mouni Roy aka Sati of Nikhil Sinha's Devon Ka Dev Mahadev on Life OK has been getting rave reviews from everyone including her parents. And for any person, appreciation coming from parents is like a big treasure. Mouni shares, "I am most happy as my parents appreciate my performance in Mahadev and love the way I dance and carry myself. Each and every daughter looks for parental approval and feels good when they acknowledge your hard work. My look in Mahadev is very classy, the costumes are extravagant and the production values are excellent. I was initially apprehensive to take a mythological serial. But the appreciation from all quarters makes me feel really proud of my decision of doing this show. I followed my instinct and it has worked for me."
http://www.indiantelevisionacademy.com/publications/gr8/bimbo_babe_details.php?year=May+2012 Edited by deboleena.manna - 11 years ago
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

'Celebs on World Music Day'

Thursday, June 21, 2012 | 10:23:39 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    74 Comments
'Celebs on World Music Day'

Tellybuzz quizzed the celebs on the the song they would dedicate to their life...

Music is a true representation of today's India.Life without music would just be colorless and dull. Today being the World Music Day, we quizzed some of the telly celebs on a song that they would dedicate to their life's journey so far...

Aasiya Kazi: According to my character and life the only song that can describe my journey so far is: Yeh Ishq Haye' from the movie 'Jab We Meet'.

Arjun Bijlani: The song: 'Pyaar humko bhi hai..' from the movie 'Chalte Chalte' is the one I would dedicate to my life and also I love all A.R Rehman songs and I salute to him on this World Music Day.

Mukti Mohan: Definitely 'Mai Zindagi Ka Saath Nibhata Chala Gaya from the movie 'Hum Dono'.

Rohit Purohit: 'Har Ghadi Badal Rahi Hai Roop Zindagi..' song from movie Kal Ho Na Ho'. It is dedicated to my life journey…

Shweta Salve: The song that describes my life is: 'Tujhse Naraz Nahi Zindagi Hairan Hun Mai' from the movie 'Masoom'.

Sargun Mehta: Aah! has to be 'Mauja He Mauja' from the movie 'Jab We Meet'.

Kinshuki Mahajan: 'Titanic' movie's title song 'My heart will go on and on..'

Mouni Roy: the song: 'Jodi tor daak shune keyu naa aashe tobe ekla chalo re' by Rabindranath Tagore.

Abhishek Rawat: 'Hum hai Rahi Pyaar Ke, humse kuch na boliye…job hi pyaar se mila, hum ussike holiye..'(wink wink)

Nandini Singh: Has to be the song 'hum hongey kamyab ek din'. It is a very inspirational song.

Asha Negi: The song which relates to my life is 'Dil hai hota sa, chotti si aasha...masti bhaare maan ki, udne ki aasha...chand taaron ko chune ki aasha'. I choose this sonG because The lyrics portray my life's journey and the wish list for future.

Jayati Bhatia: The song that describes my life is:'Yej Jevan Hai, Is Jeevan Ka, Yahi Hai Rang-Roop.' because all the things in life are materialistic: the want for luxury etc. but love is unconditional. Nothing is possible without love. My personal fave song is: 'Oh Hansini' because i am like a swan(laughs). and a song which i would want to dedicate to the world is: 'Michael Jackson's song: Man in the Mirror'.

Reporter and Author: Krishma Solanki.