\|/ :: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev- Article Archive :: \|/ - Page 11

Posted: 11 years ago

Mohit Raina takes 90 minutes to become Mahadev

By TellychakkarTeam 31 May 2012 - 05:50

Mohit Raina

These days when the name of Mahadev is coined, only one image flashes in everyone' mind, that is of Mohit Raina. This handsome man has impressed everyone with his performance in Life OK's Mahadev (Triangle Film Company).

One thing which has been really appreciated is his get-up and make-up as Shiva. But many are not aware of the fact that it takes Mohit a 45-minute long session in his green room to transform into his Mahadev avatar.

"I almost take more than an hour to become Mahadev. I don't have to do anything but just be on time on the sets. My make up team remains ready to pounce on me and begin the process of transformation," shared Mohit with Tellychakkar.com.

He further said, "Usually, it takes a lot of time to get the hairstyle right. Then it's time for the costume, followed by the final touch up. I have to patiently sit for almost 90 minutes at one place."

Well Mohit, all your hard work is paying off!!!

---------------------------------------

http://www.tellychakkar.com/news/mohit-raina-takes-90-minutes-become-mahadev

Deepika Upadhyay & Mugdha Shah roped in for Mahadev

TNN | May 30, 2012, 03.07PM IST

Deepika Upadhyay & Mugdha Shah roped in for Mahadev

Devon Ke Dev-Mahadev on Life OK is a hugely popular show that has worked its way well with TV audiences. 

There has been much hype surrounding Parvati's character as auditions are on for the role of an older Parvati. Many known names from the TV industry are believed to be auditioning and are vying for the role.

Although Parvati has not been finalized, Triangle Film Company has roped in TV actresses Mughda Shah and Deepika Upadhyay. Mughda, whose last tint on TV was the show Baba Aiso Var Dhoondho on NDTV Imagine, will play the role of Maina (Parvati's mother) and Deepika will essay the role of Ganga. Actor Pankaj Dheer has been finalized to play the role of Parvati's father on the show.

Both Mughda and Deepika remained unavailable for comment

Sonarika Bhadoria to play Parvati in Mahdev?

Vijaya Tiwari, TNN | Jun 3, 2012, 02.47PM IST
inShare
Read More:Suhana Sinha|Sonarika Bhadoria|Nikhil Sinha|Life OK|Devon Ke Dev Mahadev
Sonarika Bhadoria to play Parvati in Mahdev?
Sonarika Bhadoria
Not too long it was reported that producers Nikhil and Suhana Sinha were on a hunt for a suitable face to play Parvati in their Life OKshow 'Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev'. 

However, the search for Parvati is over with young and beautiful Sonarika Bhadoria roped in to play the role of Parvati.

Sonarika who was last seen as Abhilasha, a simple small town newly bride in 'Tum Dena Saath Mera', has bagged the plum role of Parvati.

Sources inform, popular names like Divyanka Tripathi, Samiksha Singh, Aasiya Kazi were approached to play the role but ultimately Sonarika has been finalized. Parvati's entry will be telecast in the second week of June.

When contacted, producer Suhana Sinha said, "We have approached Sonarika for Parvati's role but nothing has been confirmed yet."

Mahadev find its Parvati...Ishita Vyas also to make an entry

• Tags:
    • Life OK
    • Sonarika Bhadoria
    • Mahadev
    • Triangle Film Company
    • Ishita Vyas
By TellychakkarTeam 4 Jun 2012 - 13:19
Print    
Make font size smaller Make font size default Make font size larger

Life OK's show Mahadev has managed to strike the right chords with the masses. Its lead, Mohit Raina, has attained immense popularity, thanks to his superb acting prowess. Now, we wrote about Sati (Mouni Roy) dying in the show, marking the entry of Parvati. There was a lot of hype about the actor who would sign the dotted line to play the role of Parvati. Media reports suggested that Sonarika Bhadoria has been roped in by the makers (Triangle Film Company). So yes, Sonarika will be seen as Parvati. And that is not it…Ishita Vyas has been brought on board to essay Parvati's best friend, Jaya, and a new face Mamta Nagar would essay Vijaya.

Ishita has acted in movies and on television, was last seen in Zee TV's Jhansi Ki Rani as Jhalkari. In the show, Jaya will be the only friend of Parvati.

"Yes, she is a part of Mahadev. She is also doing a project with Akshay Kumar, titled Oh My God and another flick, Special Chabi," affirmed Ishita's Business Manager, Abhijeet.

Mamta Nagar remained unavailable for comment.

Parvati phase of Mahadev will commence from this week

The Immortal

I have grown in a very spiritual and religious environment. Followers of Sanatana Dharma, my family brought me up on a regular dose of spiritual discourse, poojas, mantras and kirtans. Although when I grew up I went further away from religion and embraced my own version of spirituality, I was left fascinated by one aspect of my childhood. Lord Shiva, to whom my family offers prayers.

I have been afraid of the divine as a child - this great entity with insurmountable power and energy, from whom light shines and radiates to all corners of the world. This great person who both gentle and fierce at the same time. This person whom I cannot see, touch, feel, encounter unless I am of divine soil myself. In short, this entity that surrounds me but is intangible.

As I grew up, and my own thoughts took over, the image of the 'divine' changed for me. Gods became people that once existed. Their energies are what set them apart - what make them divine. And all the Hindu deities have their special energies for which they are revered and famous.

Lord Shiva, to me, has remained the humblest, simplest and least assuming. He was powerful but vulnerable. He could create and destroy. He was supreme to all gods but lived among the dredges of society - he loved all the unwanted, rejected, ostracised 'vermin' that others spurned away. He protected the weak, sided with the underdog, and on several occasions, has been the underdog himself. He absorbed the poison of the world and maintained the balance of live and death. Yet, he does not come to the forefront.

And it is rare to find people like him among us now. My fascination with this divine existence remains.

Perhaps that's why I'm latched onto this new TV series called Devon ke Dev Mahadev. I'm not one for Hindi TV serials, what with the current melodrama that's been churning out over the years. But as of late, mythology has become a prominent theme across media - The Immortals of Meluha has a very interested take on the story of Lord Shiva. Even more interesting still, is the TV series DKDM. I didn't think anyone would do justice to this divine existence, but actor Mohit Raina seems to have done hardcore research and hours of method acting to get under the skin of his character, which under normal circumstances can prove to be quite a challenge. Under these circumstances, chances are negligible. But I'm overwhelmed by the depth of him.

Perhaps he is a very good actor. But I like to believe, that somewhere deep down, he has connected with this entity. And for all we know he may not be that religious or even believe in folklore of generations ago, but the intensity of his emotions indicate a deep spiritual connection with hisself. I don't mean he is god, or otherworldly. He is Mohit Raina. It just takes a lot of inner strength and calm to be able to portray such a strong and difficult character. And for that, I respect him. And he is supported by an equally dedicated cast and crew. The graphics are phenomenal, especially in the Indian telly scenario. The music is intense. I can see this show has been created with passion from every person part of it. And I'm a thriver on passion. I am an avid watcher of this series, and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in a very refreshing and believable depiction of the life of Lord Shiva.

Here i m posting this article bcoz Ishita Vyas wud soon bcum a part of DKDM... She'll play the role of jaya or vijaya the frnds of Parvatii so i thought to post it.  

Ishita Vyas in Savdhan India

Tellychakkar.com exclusively reported about beautiful and gracious Ishita Vyas being part of Life OK's Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev. In Mahadev, she will be seen as Parvati's (Sonarika Bhadoria) best friend. Now, we have also come to know that Ishita has been roped in to be a part of an episodic of Savdhan India Crime @ 11 airing on the same channel.

Ishita will essay the character of a mentally retarded married woman. Her husband will harass her and she will eventually end up killing him. Ishita has already shot for the episode which has been directed by Santosh Badal.

"Yes, she will be seen in Savdhan India on Life OK. Apart from this project, she will be seen with Emraan Hashmi in the upcoming flick, Ek Thi Dain. She will soon start shooting," confirmed Ishita's Business Manager.

This particular sequence will air this week!!

Sonarika Bhadoria will play Parvati in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev

Source: Dailybhaskar.com   |   Last Updated 13:44(09/06/12)

Life OK's Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev is one of the top shows on the channel. And after a long search for Parvati and lots of speculation, actor Sonarika Bhadoria has been finalised to play the role.

Sonarika was last seen as Abhilasha in the same channel's Tum Dena Saath Mera. Her entry in the show will be realised in the second week of June. Confirming the news Sonarika says, "Yes, I have been finalised for the show. I am super excited and I love my character in the show. Also, it's the first time that I will be acting in a mythological show. So, it's pretty exciting and I can't wait to start shooting for the show." 

Parvati, the second incarnation of Goddess Sati, is born in the home of Queen Maina and King Himavan. From her very birth, Parvati develops interest in Shiva's tales, appearance and eventually remembers her previous life as Sati. As Parvati grows into a young woman, she begins 'tapas' to please Shiva to grant her wish to reunite with him. Her entry in Shiva's life takes him on his journey from a hermit to householder.

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/ENT-sonarika-bhadoria-will-play-parvati-in-devon-ke-dev-mahadev-3387245.html

I consider Doordarshan the Golden Era of our TV.
The whole purpose of telling stories in TV is to hold the viewer between two ad slots. Something has to be created which can be shown between the commercials.

All award shows are created to make money.
Our shows were remixed versions which could find an audience in Bandra but not in Kandivali. 

Too much originality doesn't work. No channel takes too much pressure of the TRPs or designs its content accordingly.

No, these are not the words of a bitter TV critic but of the Creative head of Life Ok, at Star TV, Anirudh Pathak. Here is a man who calls a spade a spade. Working in the creative department at Star, he fully admires its working style. He is also assured of the power of television and its untapped abilities. If you believe him, experimentation in Indian TV has started knocking at the door.

Moreover, he also has dreams about setting-up a formalized resource-center for writers, where young writers can reach all channels with ease; and channels too can have direct access to fresh talent. His idea is to rope in FWA for the same. Well, a thought well-thought of. 

The young man from Patna has it all clear in his mind, which he owes to his background in theater. He didn't have to struggle a lot. He had come here for films but was quick to adapt. The first concept he developed was liked by three channels leaving him the choice to name his pick. His command over literature has helped him in tossing out four thousand hours TV episodes which he has written in a brief span of time.

His reason to become a writer?
The fact that he saw them commanding respect. His reason to become a one-time producer? An offer which he went ahead with trusting his gut feelings. 

His most successful shows have been Piya Ka Ghar and Kulvaddhu. He has worked for many others. His latest offering is Devon Ke Dev - Mahadev which has put Life Ok in the big league. Interestingly, the next few things he wants to write are a couple of plays! 

http://www.fwa.co.in/SitePages/Who-Saying-What-AnirudhPathak.aspx 

to read further

Edited by deboleena.manna - 11 years ago

Upcoming episode will show the first meet of lord Shiv and goddess Parvati in Life OK Mahadev.

Present tracks shows that Parvati is born and becomes attracted towards Shiv (Mohit Raina) right from her childhood. On the otherhand, Shiv is in Amarnath cave. He has broken all connection from outside of the world after death of his wife Sati.

Upcoming episode will show that Parvati (Sonarika Bhadoria) will grow up and unknowingly enter in the Shiv cave in the process of following an animal. Shiv will get very angry to see that someone has broken his concentration.

But, his anger soon comes down when he sees Parvati. However, Shiv is unaware that the girl is second incarnation of Sati. Shiv gets confused and wonders how a girl stopped his anger.

Later it will be revealed that it was Kamdev's plan to bring Shiv and Parvati face to face .

Search for Parvati ends - DC article!!

After a long search for Parvati and a lot of speculation as to who would ultimately get the role, actor Sonarika Bhadoria has been finalised to play the plum role of Parvati in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev on Life OK!

The young actor, who was last seen as Abhilasha, a simple small town newly-wed bride in the show Tum Dena Saath Mera, will now be seen in a completely different avatar in the mythological show. The young actor confirmed the news that she would be playing the role of Parvati. "Yes, I have been finalised for the show. I am super excited and I love my character in the show. Also, it's the first time that I will be acting in a mythological show. So it's pretty exciting and I can't wait to start shooting for the show".

Link :

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/showbiz/tv-guide/search-parvati-ends-677