Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Male leads are back in demand!

Navya Malini, TNN | May 23, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:Women|The Script|Sushant Singh|Kinshuk Mahajan|Eijaz Khan|Barun Sobti|Arhaan Behl|Anas Rashid
Male leads are back in demand!
Eijaz Khan
Scripts in Tellyland most definitely offer a surprise packet. What makes the surprise package of any show even more intriguing is the 'who-why-where-how' factor adding more spice. And it is this penchant to grab more eyeballs and maximize reach, that has probably made the male protagonists in prime time shows make an emphatic comeback. 

It was not so long ago that Arhaan Behl bowled the maidens over with his impressionable performance as the lead opposite Pooja Gor in Mann Ki Awaz Pratigya. At the same time,Sushant Singh Rajput (he's been replaced by Hiten Tejwani in the show now) had a ripple effect on female fans in the lead opposite Ankita Lokhande in Pavitra Rishta. While a couple of years ago, there were handful of men doing the talking on TV, now there's seen an upsurge in the strong presence of the men in the scripts. 
Taking from Bade Acche Laggte Hain, Punar Vivaah, Shubh Vivaah, Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?, Afsar Bitiya, Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai to shows like Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, Dil Se Di Dua... Saubhagyavati Bhav? Diya Aur Baati Hum, Pavitra Rishta et al, the need of The Script to present a strong male character has made the male protagonist equally interesting. According to the TV industry, the need of the supporting anchor is well sufficed by one. "Any story needs to be woven around lead characters because there can't be a story without them," says Gurmeet Choudhary who goes on to add, "The hero and heroine in a show complement each other, otherwise the charm is lost. A male lead is as crucial as a female lead, in whose absence, it's impossible to carry forward a show. Of course, we have seen the female protagonist in strong roles, but the need of a hero can't be ruled out in a show." 
Seconding Gurmeet, Harshad Chopra puts forth his perspective as he says, "A storyline works on the premise of a cause leading to the effect. It is here that the character of the male lead complements that of the female lead amid the chain of events that arise owing to the cause and effect. Even in shows with predominantly female oriented scripts, male leads have stood apart. And television offers a lot of scope for men to bring their best." 
The need of variety in content, according to many, has resulted in this change. Producer Raakesh Paswan says, "The advent of so many channels targeting different target groups has led to variety in content. GECs are trying to tread different. This explains the resurgence of the male protagonists." 
Winning the audience, also plays a crucial role here as it adds another layer of interest to the story. Mohit Raina says, "No doubt TV offers a lot of scope for women. At the same time, to a certain extent, the role of a male protagonist is being appreciated by the audience, particularly if the character sketch is strong. The strong male protagonist in the story has only added more variety to the prime time which interests the family to watch the show together." 
This in fact has breathed confidence in many actors to make a firm ground in Tellywood. Says Rithvik Dhanjani, "It is a welcome move for the male actors in the telly industry too. How will you show screen chemistry in a show if a male lead is not present? So to spice things up and to add another layer of variety, scripts are being written with the male protagonist in the mind too." While Women are truly basking in the limelight on the small screen, men too can expect to bask in the telly glory. 

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Tring… tring… tring…Everyone please pay attention as here's info on the TRPs of week 20 (16-22 May). Lot was said and written about the number tussle betweenMahadev and Saubhagyavati Bhava on Life OK. But this week, Mahadev, with 2.3 TVR, has emerged as the number one show on the channel (clap clap). Amongst channels, Star Plus maintained its numero uno position with 262 points, followed by Zee TV (213). In an interesting twist, Colors (212.8) has muscled ahead of Sony Entertainment Television (210).

When it comes to your favoutite shows, Diya Aur Baati Hum (4.9) is still ruling the roost. Balika Vadhu (4.2) has bagged the second position and Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai (3.9) third. And of course, who cannot but mention about Aamir Khan's Satyamev Jayate on Star Plus. The show is proving to be more of a buzz on the social networking sphere rather than actually getting the desired numbers.

Here's the list of top rated channels and shows;

Channel ratings:

Star Plus 262 (276)
Zee TV 213.2 (224)
Colors 212.8 (201)
Sony 210 (217)
Life OK 123 (91)
SAB 116 (131)
Sahara One 39 (40)

Top ten shows on GECs:

Diya Aur Baati Hum 4.9 (4.7)
Balika Vadhu 4.2 (4.1)
Ek Hazaron Mein Meri Behna Hain 3.9 (4.2)
Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hain 3.4 (3.5)
Saathiya Saath Nibhana 3.4 (3.1)
Punar Vivaah 2.9 (2.9)
Pavitra Rishta 2.6 (2.8)
Bade Achhe Lagte Hain 2.6 (2.6)
Mrs Kaushik Ki Paanch Bahuein 2.5 (2.6)
Uttaran 2.5 (2.6)

PS - Satyamev Jayate ratings - Avg TVR: 2.6 (3.0), All 9 Channels TVR: 3.3 (4.0)

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

I feel more responsible towards the show now: Nikhil Sinha

Akash Wadhwa, TNN | May 23, 2012, 12.11PM IST
Read More:Nikhil Sinha|Devon Ke Dev Mahadev
I feel more responsible towards the show now: Nikhil Sinha
Nikhil Sinha

Nikhil Sinha's mythological show Devon Ke Dev Mahadev has touched the TRP 2.3 and understandably the maker himself is very happy and proud about this. 

"Looking back I must admit that I felt Mahadev always had the merit of doing well. I am happy that now the show getting its deserving numbers and slowly it will also reach on the top." Sinha also feel the positive approach of the cast helps motivate everyone to do well. During the season of IPL also Mahadev managed to get this number so what exactly worked for the show? "Definitely the human aspects of the character of Mahadev. Prior to this no shows have depicted the emotional side of Shiv. Audience are curious to know about Mahadev's personal life apart from his deity avtaar." Nikhil concludes with the assurance that Mahadev has many more interesting phases to come.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Pankaj Dheer finalised to play Himavan in Mahadev

Pankaj Dheer

Har har Mahadev!!! Well, we are trying to be a little imaginative here as not only us but even the masses have been going gaga over Life OK's show Mahadev. And guess what? In this week's TRP ratings, this mytho series has emerged as the top rated show on the channel (2.3TVR).

To further spice up the plot, the makers (Triangle Film Company) have decided to bring on board seasoned actor Pankaj Dheer. Pankaj will be seen playing the role of Parvati's father. Tellychakkar.com has already written about Anushka Sen being signed to play young Parvati.

"Yes, I would be essaying Himavan but I am yet to meet the creative people, hence I cannot brief you much. The role sounded pretty convincing so I decided to give a nod," confirmed Pankaj to Tellychakkar.com.

Pankaj was last seen in Zee TV's Shobha Somnath Ki.

Must say… the show is roaring these days!!!

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
  • 22 May 2012
  • Hindustan Times (Mumbai)

Mahadev soaring

Producer Nikhil Sinha's Devon Mein Dev Mahadev, on Life OK has been doing well on the TRP ratings since the very beginning. The reasons for the huge popularity of the show include its production values, its cast and the narrative. To cash in on its success, the makers now apparently plan to launch DVDS of the show. This would be the first time that a show, currently on air, would be available in the DVD format. Meanwhile, in the interim period before Parvati enters, actor

Mouni Roy, who plays Sati in the show, will be seen in flashback scenes for about a month. The channel is looking for the right face for Parvati's role.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Triangle Film Company's Devo ke Dev...Mahadev on Life OK is fast gaining popularity for its mythological theme and larger than life characters.

Mohit Raina as Mahadev and Mouni Roy as Sati have a wonderful on screen chemistry. But as Mouni's (Sati) role comes to an end, the hunt will be on for Parvati. This will be a huge opportunity for our tele actresses. Says producer Nikhil Sinha, "We are looking for someone who has innocence and purity in her face which Devi Parvati has".

When contacted, Mouni Roy shared her views on being part of the show. Says Mouni, "It was a tremendous experience and everything about the show is so grand. I had the requisites for the role. I had some amount of innocence and some amount of arrogance. I feel I can pull off any role after this". Ask her who her favourite co-star is and Mouni replies, "It has to be Mohit. He's somebody I can have a conversation with".

As the hunt is on for the right Parvati, known faces and newcomers from the TV industry are auditioning for the role. Mouni refused to comment on whether she would be playing Parvati's character too.

Well, we will just have to wait and watch!

this the article which was posted by times of india...
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Kaun Banegi Parvati?

Life OK's mythological show 'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev' has managed to grab many eyeballs. The rising popularity of the show has created waves with its suitable and perfectly matching characters.

Veteran actor Mohit Raina dons the role of Mahadev and actress Mouni Roy dons the role of Sati in the show. Their onscreen chemistry is another factor that has garnered the show amply number of viewership.

The latest we hear about the show is that as Sati's character is approaching an end, the search for Parvati's character will begin and the makers said that the hunt for Parvati's character will come to an end only when they find an innocent face who can dole with the role perfectly with her innocence and purity in face that Devi Parvati possess.

Mouni who plays the role of Sati said that it will be a wonderful opportunity for Telly land actresses to grab this role. Well, the audition for Parvati's hunt has begun.

Stay tuned for latest updates!

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Who will play 'Parvati' in Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev?

Thursday, May 24, 2012 | 4:27:47 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
Who will play 'Parvati' in Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev?

Production house of Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev is looking for an actress to play Parvati and Suhasi Dhami seems to be the favourite to bag the role…

Life OK's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev has hit the right note with the audience and has been fairly consistent in the TRP ratings.

The show will now have 'Parvati' track and the production house is looking for actresses to play the character. Quite a few actresses have been approached to play the role.

We hear Divyanka Tripathy who is currently seen in Comedy Circus, Aasiya Kazi who was in Imagine's Dharampatni , Suhasi Dhami aka Abha  in Zee TV's Yaha Mein Ghar Ghar Kheli,  and Pooja Bose have been shortlisted to play the important character.

We contacted Suhasi who rubbished the news saying that she has not been approached. We also called Aasiya who confirmed the news of being approached but told Tellybuzz that nothing has been finalized yet.

On the other hand Producer Nikhil Sinha too denied the news of approaching Suhasi and also told -" We have approached many known faces but nothing has been confirmed yet."

The buzz doing the rounds is that Suhasi Dhami is currently leading the race and in high probability could be selected to play the character of 'Parvati'!

Tellybuzz will keep its readers apprised of all the latest developments on this front !

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Mugdha Shah in Devo Ke Dev Mahadev!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 | 1:11:06 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
Mugdha Shah in Devo Ke Dev Mahadev!

Mugdha Shah will be soon seen in Devo Ke Dev Mahadev as Parvati's mother…

Life OK's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev has been consistently scaling  the TRP chart and to keep their ascent on the chart active production house has planned many entries to be introduced in the show. The latest news is that Mugdha Shah has been finalized to play Parvati's mother in the show.

Mugdha was last seen as Murli's mother in Imagine's Baba Aiso Varr Dhundo and will now be essaying a very critical role. She will be paired opposite Pankaj Dheer.

We contacted Mugdha who confirmed the news - "Yes, I am playing Parvati's mother in the show and it's a powerful character. Today is my first day of shoot and I can't reveal more about the character."

Reporter: Ranjini Nair
Author: Medha Parashar

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Dipika Upadhyay And Mugdha Shah

__________.com was the first to write about Pankaj Dheer roped in to play Parvati's father in the next phase of Life OK's super popular show Mahadev. The makers (Triangle Film Company) have further gone down on signing more popular names to make the coming episodes more spicy and gripping. Yes, seasoned actress Mugdha Shah will be seen as Parvati's mother, Maina.

On the other hand, Dipika Upadhyay has also come on board to portray the character of Ganga. Mugdha was last seen in Baba Aiso Varr Dhundo (Imagine TV) and Dipika entertained fans in Zee TV's Apno Ke Liye Geeta Ka Dharmayudh.

"Today is my first day of shoot and I am happy to be part of Mahadev," confirmed Mugdha to ___________.com. Dipika also went on to affirm her participation in the show.

Keep watching this space for more updates on Mahadev!