Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hemavidz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Pandit Bhavani Shankar sings a tandav song for Mahadev

Pandit Bhavani Shankar

Life OK's mythology show, Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev (Triangle Film Company) has managed to strike the right chords with the masses. And in the show, the character of Sati (Mouni Roy) is all set to come to an end, which will mark the entry of Parvati. Now, the makers are raking their brains to make the exit sequence of Sati replete with excitement and drama.

We have learned that famous singer, composer and lyrist, Pandit Bhavani Shankar, who has mesmerized the audience world over with his soulful renditions, has been signed to sing a tandav song in the serial.

"Pandit Bhavani has already recorded the song yesterday (1 May 2012)," informed a source.

As per the plot, Shiva (Mohit Raina) will perform tandav nritya (dance) after learning about Sati's death. In the coming episodes, viewers will see the entry of Parvati and the show will take a new turn.

We contacted Mohit Raina about the tandav sequence and he said, "I have no idea about it but thanks to you guys for informing me about the tandav scene for I have to get ready for it now."

We also got in touch with producer Nikhil Sinha and he confirmed the development.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Is 30 the new 20?

Neha Maheshwri, TNN | May 3, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:Sargun Mehta|Sakshi Tanwar|Avika Gor
Is 30 the new 20?
Sakshi Tanwar

Indian TV soaps seem to have matured both in content and context. Today, its protagonists are no longer hapless young bahus tortured by evil mothers-in-law, or reeling under the apathy of spineless husbands.

Of late, there has been an influx of shows where 30-plus actresses are featuring as lead characters with meaty roles that show off their well-honed acting chops.

They are old hands, having reached the pinnacle of success in their first innings, and are now back in a reformed avatar to give the younger breed of actors a serious run for their money. They've shed all inhibitions and are willing to explore every aspect of the subject offered, be it playing the "other woman" or boldly consummating a marriage on screen. The likes of Sakshi Tanwar, Mona Singh, Shweta Tiwari, Shubhangi Aatre and Mouli Ganguly have broken the mould by captivating viewer attention and making producers once again look at them as having serious potential.

No hangups
When Sakshi returned to the small screen three years after her iconic show Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii went off air in 2008, most regarded her second tryst as just another role. But a mature love story about a mismatched marriage required her to break out of her comfort zone, effectively making her the toast of tellyland once again.

The actress garnered a lot of attention for her "bold" consummation scene with co-star Ram Kapoor on the show. While critics might have arched their eyebrows over the act, Sakshi made her point - the envelope needs to be pushed!

Mouli Ganguly, another actor from the same ilk, who plays the other woman in Kya Huaa Tera Vaada, talks about the trend of going bold like Sakshi did, saying, "I can't say how bold my character looks, but Anoushka is definitely one of the most complex characters I've played till date. If it is absolutely required and shot aesthetically, I think bold scenes are acceptable on the small screen. That said, I do have my limitations. I have set some boundaries and I make sure I play characters with depth."

Adds Shubhangi Aatre, "There was a demand for only young faces to play protagonists not too long ago. Today, mature love stories appeal to the audience, and thanks to career-oriented women, late marriages are common too these days. Mature actresses are willing to experiment and even undergo makeovers as that prevents them from slipping into the maa and bhabhi roles. Actresses who look glamorous are game for this."

AGE Advantage
According to Maninee De Misra, actors in their 30s have gone through a process of learning through their characters, imbibed nuances, developed a new perspective, and grown up as individuals, which has enabled them to go beyond their comfort zones. She feels that age and experience gives them the clarity and conviction a bolder character requires. She says, "Established actors challenge themselves by attempting to play multidimensional characters. As you mature as an actor, you start pushing the limits to challenge and hone your craft. Younger actors are not yet comfortable with portraying bolder characters. They fear this will slot them into a certain frame. Also, the producer and actor have to have an association based on mutual trust, so that nobody's limits are trespassed. Now, bold scenes may not necessarily mean shedding clothes, kissing or doing intimate scenes. It's about using your body and persona with conviction to act out the scene with the required sensuality. What Sakshi did was a beautiful representation of what a woman in love feels and how she would express herself in moments of passion."

Agrees director Ravindra Gautam, "One ends up spending a lot of time teaching and grooming new actors, but shooting with mature actors is much more satisfying thanks to their experience." Prashaant Bhatt, fiction head with a general entertainment channel, says, "Storytelling has evolved keeping in mind the need for intelligent content that appeals to a cross-section of age groups. When viewers watch a 30 or 40 something actress, who is stepping out of her home to revive her dreams and aspirations, the striking similarities with her real life results in greater appreciation for the actress and her character. Also, since an older character has seen a lot in life, issues beyond just romance and kitchen politics can be highlighted."

Not on the same page
While the industry seconds that mature actresses have somewhat managed to dethrone the younger lot, 20-something actors defy this theory. Sargun Mehta, who is in her early 20s, feels, "Thirty can't be the new 20, as a 30-plus actress cannot play the character played by a 20-year-old and vice versa. I can't accept characters similar to that of Mona Singh or Sakshi Tanwarsince I'm too young to do so. I wouldn't like to play a mother or an elderly lady either." Similarly, senior actors can't play younger roles. "I don't agree with one particular age group ruling the industry. It's a mix and match, since different shows have different demands. Interestingly, both 14-year-old Avika Gor and 30-plus Sakshi and Mona are playing bahus. Sakshi hasn't done anything bold; it's just been over hyped," she adds.@

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Anushka Sen to play young Parvati in Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev

• Tags:
    • Mouni Roy
    • Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev
    • Anushka Sen
    • young Parvati
By TellychakkarTeam 6 May 2012 - 05:25
Print    
Make font size smaller Make font size default Make font size larger
Anushka Sen

Life OK's Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev is moving towards the track which will see the death of Sati (Mouni Roy) and the entry of Parvati. Now, the makers Triangle Film Company, has signed Anushka Sen who will be seen as young Parvati. The show will later take a leap.

Anushka is currently seen in Zee TV's Yahaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli. However, she will soon make an exit from Yahaan…and start shooting for Mahadev after 10 May (2012). She has also been a part of shows like Amrit Manthan, Haar Jeet and has done many ad commercials.

We got in touch with Anushka's father, who went on to confirm and said, "Yes, Anushka will be seen in Mahadev as younger Parvati. Currently, she is busy with Yahaan Main…"

We shall soon come up with more updates on the show!!!

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Battle of TRPs between Mahadev and Saubhagyavati Bhava on Life OK

Lot of buzz was created in the media when Star One went for a revamp and launched Life OK. The channel opened with a lukewarm response initially, but with the sand trickling down, it gained popularity. Two shows on the channel, which have emerged as TRP grossers, are Triangle Film Company's Devon Ke Dev.. Mahadev and UTV Productions' Dil Se Di Dua…Saubhagyavati Bhava. Now, Saubhagyavati Bhava was always perched on top of the TRP ladder, but this week, there came a major change with Mahadev equaling Saubhagyavati Bhava in the TRP battle (1.0 TVR).

So the tiff of numbers is really on between the two shows. We got in touch with producer Sohanna Sinha of Mahadev and she said, "We are happy that Mahadev has managed to be at the top and with the coming track we are sure it will garner more numbers."

So what about the competition? "Mahadev is the most popular show on the channel. But it doesn't get the deserving numbers. I think the channel's TRPs are rigged. Mahadev's TRPs in Punjab are 5.7 then why it is showed low by the channel," Sohanna went on to aver.

We sent a text message to Ajit Thakur, head and GM of Life OK, regarding the development but he told us to get in touch with him later.

All we can say…in the battle of numbers, the ultimate winner is a viewer!!!

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

T-town's favourite mother- daughter duos

TNN | May 13, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:Suave|Shalini Kapoor|Mouni Roy|Lata Sabharwal|Hina Khan|Devon Ke Dev Mahadev
Tweet
T-town's favourite mother- daughter duos
Eva Grover , Sumona Chakravarti and Kajal Pisal in Bade Achche Lagte Hai
On Mother's Day, here's an interesting take on the small screen mom-children pairs from your favourite daily soaps. Did someone say the actresses looked too young to be screen ma? Read on... 

Mean mom Eva Grover, Sumona Chakravarti and Kajal Pisal in Bade Achche Lagte Hai 

This mom-daughter trio are stylish, Suave and mean! Their nasty smirks, and cunning faces give away the inevitable -they are partners in crime out to make the bechari Priya (Saakshi Tanwar)'s life a living hell. It's another matter that Niharika (Eva Grover) looks more like an elder sister than mom to her evil children!

Perfect match

Hina Khan & Lata Sabharwal in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai This maa-beti jodi of Akshara (played by Hina Khan) and Rajshri (Lata Sabharwal) in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai look more like sisters than mom-daughter. Both are playing aadarsh bhartiya naaris who put their families first. From the worry lines on their faces, to the wide smiles - surely Akshara and her mother are a perfect match for each other in the show. Even when it comes to shedding tears or following Indian traditions, they perfectly complimenting each other. 

Separated at birth? Ankita Lokhande and Asha Negi in Pavitra Rishta Archana and her daughter Purvi in Pavitra Rishta could pass off as sisters. It's kind of uncanny how two actress have so much physical resemblance with each other. Post leap (in the show), Archana (essayed by Ankita Lokhande) might not have 'aged' on screen, but she's the kind of self-reliant and loving mom every girl wants. May be anti-ageing creams are working wonders! 

Traditional hues Narayani Shastri and Gulki Joshi in Phir Subah Hogi In this true-story inspired soap Phir Subah Hogi, Gulabia (played by Narayani Shastri) and her daughter Sugni (Gulki Joshi) In fact, Gulki completely fails to look convincing as the spunky daughter of a rai dancer. Gulki looks too grown up to be daughter to a 30-something ravishing actress like Narayani . This is one classic case of casting ouch moment! 

Divine Magic? Mouni Roy and Shalini Kapoor in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev Shalini Kapoor who plays mother to Sati (essayed by Mouni Roy) in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev is barely a few years elder than Mouni! The bright period costume and loud make-up fail to help Shalini look convincing as mother of a 20-somehing! She ends up looking like a sister, instead of mother. We know goddesses don't look old! 

Compiled by Shruti Jambhekar
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Monday, 14 May 2012 09:25

Looking back at the ill fated Shiv -Sati story!

Written by  Writer One
  • Print 
  • Email 
  • 2 comments
Rate this item
(0 votes)

Author's Note: It is a very difficult time for the "devotees" of the series Devon ke Dev Mahadev. The moment of witnessing the colossal failure of the Universe's first love story has arrived. Though we knew the inevitability of Sati's death , what we didn't know was that the series will suck us so deep into Mahadev's world, that we would literally shed tears and have nightmares thinking about his agony at being cut away from his literal half yet again.

http://rangmunch.tv/index.php/fans-adda/fan-story-menu/item/811-looking-back-at-the-ill-fated-shiv-sati-story
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Gaurav,Sreejita and Saurabh

Sreejita De rocks!!!

Yes, this Bengali bombshell is currently hogging all the limelight as Mukta in Colors' popular show Uttaran produced by FilmFarm Productions.

"I am enjoying my character. She is docile in front of her parents but in reality she is very aggressive and impatient," smiles the actress.

Sreejita is sharing screen space with two hot hunks, namely Gaurav S Bajaj(Aman) and Saurabh Raj Jain (Yuvraj). So how's the rapport with them? "There are no ego issues on the sets as everybody is really fun to work with, especially Gaurav. He is a fun loving guy and we have become very good friends."

What about Saurabh? "He is a sweetheart too, but then Saurabh is an introvert so we do not talk much."

So if she wants to go on a date, who will she choose out of the two? "If it's just between Gaurav and Saurabh, I think I'd choose Gaurav as he is a safe bet. I wouldn't want Saurabh's wife to get worked up about me going on a date with her husband (laughs). She is a nice friend too."

She continues, "In real life, I have been single for almost a year and a half and it does feel bad but when I see my friends fighting with their boyfriends on petty issues, I feel lucky to be single. Time has changed. Men don't come and propose so often these days. I haven't got direct proposal as such but yes, if asked, I don't shy away from going out for coffee or a movie."

So is she still in wait of her prince charming? "Well yes, he must be trustworthy, fun loving, intelligent, talkative and most importantly, our wavelengths must match. And look wise he should be a lot like Ranbir Kapoor. In fact, I always dream of going out on date with Ranbir and I am crazy about him. I have seen Rockstar in theater at least five times and every time I'd go for the movie it was like going out on a date with him", giggles the lady.

And she is not only a wonderful actress but also progressive in approach. When it comes to doing bold scenes, she has no qualms in putting the screen on fire, if the need arises. "I am not a shy person but at the same time I will also not just go ahead and do a bold scene just to add spice to a movie or a show. In fact, I would like to do it if there is a role similar to Mahi Gill's in Dev D. A particular bold scene has to touch my heart. Then it does not matter if I have to smooch on screen or do a bed scene but I would never want to do a vulgar sequence. If it's a vulgar one, I will step back."

Sreejit a , keep wearing the smile and may you scale great heights of popularity and success!!!

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

In conversation with Mohit Raina, the "real" Mahadev

Mohit Raina

Mohit Raina is hot!!!

This lead from the show Mahadev (on Life OK and produced by Triangle Film Company) is slowly and steadily emerging as a larger than life figure in the world of Hindi television.

"In an actor's life, there comes a phase where he is known for his character and I guess this is the phase where I am recognized as Mahadev. Being a Kashmiri Brahmin, where Amarnath is a pilgrimage, I always felt a connection with Lord Shiva. My family worships Shiv with lot of love and dedication. So I think the affinity has helped me to portray the character in a better way," says Mohit.

He continues, "I got great response from the audience. I have learnt that Mahadevis being watched by across age groups. Recently, I was talking to a family and each and every member had some different reason and opinion to praise me. It has emerged as a family show."

So did he research and prepare for the role? "No one knows how Lord Shiva looks like. But yes, in order to get into the skin of the character, I started to meditate. Shivji is a character with his aggressive and calm at the same time. Meditation was necessary for me to find the right balance of emotions."

Recently, he shot for a tandav sequence in the show. So is he a trained dancer? "No, I am not a trained dancer. After I learnt about the tandav sequence, I started to rehearse. But tandav is not everyone's cup of tea. The sequence was aired only for two minutes as it showed the power of Shiva. Within minutes he destroyed the world."

So how has the overall experience been? "While signing Mahadev, I was not sure about the role or the channel, as it was new. But later I focused on my character and its apt portrayal. I started making a graph in my mind because it's a lifetime opportunity which everyone doesn't get."

What after Mahadev? "I am not afraid of being typecast. Once an actor, always an actor. I will bag good roles in the future," he ends on a positive note.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Life OK's Mahadev now on DVD

Mohit Raina and Mouni Roy

Triangle Film Company's Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev on Life OK is talk of the town these days. Every single person is going gaga over the show and its male protagonist, Mohit Raina, has become a rage amongst the masses. The mytho series is known for its superb visual and special effects. It is one of the top rated shows on the channel

And guess what? The makers have decided to compile all the episodes and launch it in a DVD format very soon.

"Audiences can soon watch all the episodes at a stretch and enjoy. The DVDs will soon get released in the market," shared Nikhil Sinha, producer of the show.

He continued, "Along with the DVDs, if everything falls in the place, we might also come up with Mahadev The Movie (first phase)."

This piece of news will certainly bring a smile on the lips of Mahadev's fans.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
FalaK Naaz In DEK

Shafaq Naaz's sister Falak Naaz is definitely on a high these days. She has already featured in shows like Adaalat (Sony Entertainment Television, Aarakshan(Imagine TV) and Laagi Tujhse Lagan (Colors).

Now, the grapevine was abuzz with the news of Falak bagging Colors' upcoming high-profile show, Madhubala, starring Vivian Dsena and Drashti Dhami as the leads. She was to play the role of Drashti's sister, Trishna. Did we say "was"? Yes, we said "was" as Falak has decided to opt out Madhubala. She was not too happy with her character and its importance.

And guess what? She has gone ahead and signed the dotted lines for Sony Entertainment Television's Dekha Ek Khwaab produced by Rose Audio Visuals Pvt Ltd.

In Dekha…she will be seen as Tara, Aryan's (Abhishek Rawat) girlfriend. With her entry the show's plot will further spice up.

Falak has started shooting from yesterday (20 May 2012) and her entry is expected to air this week.

When contacted Falak regarding the development, she said, "I am doing Dekha Ek Khwaab. As for Madhubala, I would not like to comment anything."

Well, as they say, one's loss is another's gain!!!