Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/ :: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev- Article Archive :: \|/ - Page 8

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Tum Dena... and Meri Maa to go off air;
Life OK, revamped from Star One, introduced a unique way of programming. Be it involving Bollywood actress Madhuri Dixit as the sutradhaar or running shows for a time of twenty minutes, the channel has tried different things. Recently, the channel pulled off one its show, Zindagi Kahe... Smile Please. And now two more shows are going to meet the same fate.

Buzz is that, Magic Lanterns' Tum Dena Saath Mera and K Venkatesh Productions' Meri Maa will see their last telecast on 22 April 2012 owing to poor TRPs. Tellychakkar.com contacted Rajita Sharma, Producer of Magic Lantern and she confirmed the buzz of her show going off air.

But that is not it, as there's more news coming from this front. We already reported that Hum Ne Li Hai… Shapath will turn a bi-weekly from 23 April 2012 with Sagar Arts and Nilanajana 72 Degree's Aasman Se Aage, getting the slot of 10:30 pm. And now we bring to you more exclusive news. A source informs Tellychakkar.com that Shapath will air for one hour on Saturdays and for two hours on Sundays from 23 April 2012 for a month. After that, this show will air for an hour on both these days at 9 pm.

B.P Singh, Producer of Fireworks informs, "The channel wanted to make the show bi-weekly and we are delivering the same to them. Earlier, one story ran for 10-15 days but now the viewers will get to see a different story in every new episode."

Not only this, even the running time of various series aired on the channel will witness some change. Shows like Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev, Amrit Manthan, Main Laxmi Tere Aangan Ki, Dil Se Di Dua… Saubhagyavati Bhava and Aasman Se Aage would air for 30 Minutes for five days a week. And a few other shows would air for six days a week for a month and would see a few more changes later on.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Monday, 16 April 2012 07:53

Mohit Raina: A Master of Expressions

Written by  Writer One
  • Print 
  • Email 
  • Be the first to comment!
Rate this item
(0 votes)

For our regular readers, it is no more a secret that we are mesmerized by the actor who plays Shiva in Life Ok's Devon ke Dev Mahadev.  They must be well aware of the fact that along with Sati, who fell in love with this tall dark stranger in January when he appeared in the midst of a wild storm propagated by  Vritrasur to rescue the damsel in distress, we lost our hearts as well.

http://www.rangmunch.tv/index.php/fans-adda/fan-story-menu/item/643-mohit-raina-a-master-of-expressions

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Gaurav Chopra appreciates Mouni Roy!

Amrita Mulchandani, TNN | Apr 18, 2012, 12.01PM IST
Read more:Mouni Roy|gaurav chopra|Devon Ka Dev Mahadev
Tweet
Gaurav Chopra appreciates Mouni Roy!
Mouni Roy

Television actress Mouni Roy who is best remembered for her character in the tele soap that made history - Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi has got new identity. She is currently potraying the role of Sati in Devon Ka Dev Mahadev, a show that is not connected to Shiv and Sati.

Mouni has been getting compliments for her look and performance from all quarters. Not only her parents, but even her boyfriend gaurav chopra loves the show and has complimented her for her looks. Gaurav says that she looks pretty and carries the role perfectly. Something like this coming from Gaurav, who she feels is a fabulous actor himself, holds special value for her. She says, "Gaurav finds me very pretty as Sati. He feels I am performing my character well and that means a lot to me."
A compliment from a boyfriend always matters girl!

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Fall in love to get high TRPs

TNN | Apr 20, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:Yuvraj Singh|The Fall|Raj Kapoor|Nargis|Kya Dill Mein Hai|Heart|Friends|Entertainment|Arjun Bijlani|Abigail Jain|Aamir Ali
Fall in love to get high TRPs
Arjun Bijlani and Rati Pandey in Miley Jab Hum Tum
The soapbox seems to have taken the saying toHeart where most leading ladies inevitably end up in the hero's waiting arms 

Romance is one track that always works wonders when it comes to generating TRPs during early evening/afternoon/evening/prime time bands on GEC (general Entertainmentchannels). So it comes as no surprise to see some predictable lovey-dovey moments being replayed and recreated in shows, over the last few years from Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai to Dill Mill Gayye and Navya to Punar Vivaah. The ideal romantic moment that got christened in the history of films was in 1949 when the late Nargis fell into the arms of Raj Kapoor in Barsaat. A scene that got duplicated so many times in cinema and on the small screen. The 'heroine in hero's arms' pose is now a fave with telly shows where 'the-much-in-love' couples or almost in love couples, make it a point to fall into each other's arms, look deeply into each other's eyes, like there is no tomorrow. While creative directors of these shows could be a little more original, viewers don't seem to tire of watching the cliched scene. Here's a glimpse of some of the most predictable 'falling in love' scenes from TRP-topping soaps, over the years. Hop on for a fun ride... 

Spooky fall This Twilight inspired love story between a vampire and a human being was supposed to be a hat ke love story. Served with a dash of Ekta Kapoor's love tadka, even the vampire (played by Vivian D'Sena) was not spared and had to catch a falling Pia (Sukirti Kandpal) throughout the show. Love at first bite wasn't enough, the 'fall' scene helped spice up things more! 

'Fall'ing stars Bubbly smalltowner Khushi (Sanaya Irani) begins her hate-love story with Arnav Singh Raizada (Barun Sobti) by landing in his arms in the very first episode of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? A tendency she has faithfully maintained during various scenes shot by the pool, temple, dance floor -you name it and the dashing Arnav's always had his arms wide open, awaiting her descent into them! 

Wonder falls Teenage romances should ideally have enough fodder for viewers without resorting to The Fall gimmick . But Sia (Abigail Jain), a budding boxer and her friend Raghav (Himansh Kohli) in Humse Hai Life, had to go through the fall routine many times over and counting! 

campus fall You'd have thought a school topper like Suvreen (Smriti Kalra) of Suvreen Guggal - Topper of The Year, would be spared the cliche of the 'fall'. But even in a youth channel you can't avoid the inevitable. So Yuvraj Singh (played by Shivin Narang) also had the honour of saving a 'falling damsel', followed by an intense eyelock! 

Divine fall A daily mythological soap, Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, that revolves round Lord Shiva (Mohit Raina) and Sati (Mouni Roy)'s relationship has a 'fall scene' too. This one's got Sati's eyes closed as she finds out her real love. Hmmm! Even the gods are not allowed a fall concession! 

Fall for me Spunky Geet (Dhrashti Dhami) made falling in Mann Singh Khurana's (Gurmeet Choudhary) waiting arms a habit ever since they set their eyes on each other in Geet Hui Sabse Paraye. How else does a teenager manage to keep a tough biz tycoon's iron heart melt and fall head over heels for her? By conveniently falling in his arms! Of course. 

Catch a falling friend Mayank ( Arjun Bijlani) and Nupur's (Rati Pandey) sizzling chemistry in Miley Jab Hum Tum was refreshing for young viewers. The whole idea of college Friendsslowly making their way into each other's hearts needed to be puncuated with lots of Nupur falling into Mayank's arms scenes as they discovered love, via, you got it right -eyelocks! 

Fall specliasts No love story between a rich guy and a sweet girl-next-door can be free from a fall. In Main Laxmi Tere Angan Ki, Mr Money Bags simply has to be agile and fit enough to hold his 'falling' beloved. Not again! 

Love actually Aamir Ali's perfect chemistry with newbie actress Abigail Jain scorched the small screens in Kya Dill Mein Hai. Their great romantic fall became such a hit that it was adopted as the poster of the show. #

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

'Reality shows do not work for me' Nikhil Sinha

Saturday, April 21, 2012 | 12:23:01 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
'Reality shows do not work for me' Nikhil Sinha

Tellybuzz in talks with producer/director Nikhil Sinha….

Producer  Nikhil Sinha started his career as a DOP and did a series of successful shows and then graduated to becoming both- Director and DOP and captained another long series of Televisions Shows, viz. Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam (Colors),Ek Veer Stree ki Kahaani Jhansi Ki Rani (Zee TV), Jai Shri Krishna (Colors),Prithviraj Chauhan (Star Plus). He co-produced Baba Aiso Varr Dhundo with Raakesh Paswan and then became independent producer with Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev on Life OK which is being talked about for high production values as well as unique content.

What is the response of the audience to your show 'Devon Mein Dev Mahadev' on Life OK?
So far, the response has been very good, I am overwhelmed to be honest. In my career I have worked in many shows but Mahadev certainly got the maximum attention from masses and classes both of which is very inspiring. People say that Mahadev is not a typically mythological show and that is why they are liking it all the more. I feel very happy about this.

Why did you pick you mythology show on 'Mahadev'?
I always felt this that Lord Shiva is a very mysterious character and people only associate a lot of anger to his personality. Actually, that is not the case. There are many other aspects to him which few of us know. I wanted to come up with those untold stories on him. Also Lord Shiva is someone who has loads of attitudes and pride and at the same time he is so calm. How can a warrior be a bairaagi, dancer and singer at the same time? He is a multifaceted personality. These were some of the key reasons why I came up with a show on him. And also if you see there are temples on Vishnu, Narayana, lord Rama as there are many incarnations, but there is none for Lord Shiva.

How did you finalize Mohit Raina as Mahadev ?
When I was conceptualising this show I had certain parameters in my mind. I had a certain sketch of Shiva. Mohit had auditioned for some other character and he looks very different in real life; he has a typical Kasmiri look with a broad nose and very sharp features and strong jawline. I thought this was just apt for Mahadev. I have also convinced many people about Mohit as I had the right vibes from him and knew from the beginning that he is the lord Shiva for me.  

What prompted you to cast Mouni Roy as Sati ?
Mouni has this image in the industry and also in the media that she has an attitude and is quite reserved. Sati is someone who is very innocent and at the same time she has an attitude towards her personality which is unique. I had auditioned many girls for this role but when I met Mouni and we were chatting I realized that Mouni has that special characteristics which I am looking for. I am happy that my conviction for Mohit and Mouni has worked for the show.  

In the Director Vs Producer tussle, who ends up dominating whom ?
A director is someone who makes money for the producer. It has been more than 14 years for me in the industry. I have turned producer after more than a decade's struggle. This growth has been a natural one for me. I think I enjoy directing than producing! As a cinematographer, I was very strict, but I feel as a director I became more accommodating. The overall journey has been great for me.    

What has the role of  'Suhana' been in your life?  Is she truly your better half?
Directing and producing a show simultaneously is a very tough process. You hardly have time for yourself, for your family. Suhana understands everything that and I am very luck for that. Suhana also takes care of certain things like casting and costume which are the main integral part of any show. She has been a great support in my career.   

What are the Changing faces of Indian Television?
Most trends are cyclic. In the Eighties, the storyline was very important. Then it became the technology in the Nineties. Now again it is the trend of strong storyline. Like a Bade Acche Laggte Hai for instance. Opportunities are increasing and there is a long way to go.

Why is it that you say 'No' to Reality Television?
No offense against reality shows. It generates loads of money, instant fame and good TRPs, but I am a good storyteller and I prefer working on the fiction genre. I treat that as my genre.    

What are your future plans?
Definitely films! That is my ultimate dream as a creative person. But I also believe that for that I need some time, I just can't jump and hop to that. May be a 3 years of time and will be doing my film. 

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

K D to fight a Don in Adaalat !

Monday, April 23, 2012 | 5:31:27 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
K D to fight a Don in Adaalat !

K D Pathak in an upcoming episode will fight a Don for justice..

Adaalat has always found its mark with the TV audience with its interesting plots and story lines. In one of the upcoming episodes , we are informed that K D Pathak (Ronit Bose Roy) will fight against a Don.

According to our source, " Raj Premi who has been very popular in a character role in Pratigya and now seen in Life OK's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev will play the character of Don. He will kidnap a kid and will challenge KD. He will make life very difficult for K D Pathak"

Tellybuzz contacted Raj Premi who confirmed the news-" Yes, I am playing the character of Don . He is a very popular don who will kidnap a kid and then will challenge KD. I don't know much about the story as I haven't started shooting for it yet."

Reporter: Ranjini Nair
Author: Medha Parshar

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Priyanka Panchal enters Phir Subah Hogi on Zee TV

Priyanka Panchal

We feel good when we write a story on an actor bagging some new role. It means new opportunity and fresh blood which infuses a new lease of life in the plot. Well, we are getting at Priyanka Panchal being signed to play an important role in Zee TV's Phir Subah Hogi produced by Rajesh Chaddha and Saurabh Srivastava's Panglosean Entertainment. The show revolves around the life of a girl, Sugni, who decides to fight against the practice of sar dhakaai, prevalent and practiced in Bundelkhand.

Priyanka will be seen as Amrita, Aditya's (Anuj Sachdeva) girlfriend. She will visit Aditya's village along with him to shoot a documentary. She will be a modern and fun loving girl who enjoys pulling Aditya's legs.

When contacted Priyanka Panchal, who is also a part of Devon Ke Dev Mahadev on Life OK, she said, "Yes, I am doing the show. I will play the role of Anuj Sachdeva's girlfriend who will be very excited to visit his village. I am looking forward to my role."

Her entry is expected to air next week.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Monday, 30 April 2012 08:45

Devon Ke Dev Mahadev: Building bridges through contradicting philosophies!

Written by  Writer One
  • Print 
  • Email 
  • Be the first to comment!
Rate this item
(0 votes)

In my opinion, the indian population can be broadly divided into three sections today: The first one comprises of religious hindus, people who literally believe in myths: They have no qualms imagining that somewhere from up there thousands of bejeweled attractive Gods and Goddesses with more than a dozen arms are keeping a watch on us.

http://www.rangmunch.tv/index.php/fans-adda/fan-story-menu/item/715-devon-ke-dev-mahadev-building-bridges-through-contradicting-philosophies

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev

The viewers of Triangle Film Company's mythological show Devon Ke Dev Mahadev on Life OK are up for a real treat in the upcoming episodes. The series will soon see the entry of Ram and Laxman.

TV lovers have already witnessed the grand swayamvar of Sati (Mouni Roy) with Shiva (Mohit Raina). Now, more drama will unfold when Ram and Laxman will meet Shiva.

Here's what will happen. Ram and Laxman before undertaking their journey for Lanka will decide to worship Shiva. Ram's role will be played by Saurabh Raj Jain. Laxman (casting is on for this role) will seek Shiva's blessing in order to rescue Sita (Ragini Dube).

When contacted Saurabh Raj Jain, he divulged, "Yes, I will be playing Ram but I have no idea about the track as I am yet to shoot."

This particular episode will air this Thursday (3 April 2012).

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Smita Thackeray's Kalki to star Jaya Bhattacharya

There have been talks about Smita Thackeray's show Kalki, a mythological-fantasy scheduled to go on air on Colors post IPL. Now we hear Jaya Bhattacharya, Kumar Hegde and Sriprada have joined the cast.

Ashutosh Rana is playing a pivotal role too.

"The other actors finalised to play some key roles are Jaya Bhattacharya, Kumar Hegde and Sriprada. Another actress Kashish will be seen playing the role of Kamdhenu, a half-human-half cow avatar of Vishnu. This show is based on the ten different avatars of Lord Vishnu. It is a high budget show and will be a one-hour show and is expected to air on weekends," our source says.

Bhattacharya confirmed being a part of this show but refused to give any details about it, as she is contract-bound.

The project is in the making but is taking time due to its special effects and making. It is said that Amarr Upadhayay too has been approached to play an important role. The show may go on air next month or in May.