Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Monday, 26 March 2012 06:54

Mahadev Maha Masala - A Winning Recipe!

Written by  Swati Ghosh
Rate this item
(1 Vote)
Mahadev Maha Masala - A Winning Recipe!

(Please note that Swati Ghosh of Rangmunch is not the author of this write up but has only published the same. The entire article has been penned down by SHRUTI).

Hands up those who thought that mythology and "masala" was as unlikely a combination as an Indian TV soap designed to finish in less than 50 episodes. All you have to do is watch this surprising combination in Life OK Channel's, Devon Ke Dev- Mahadev, to realise how wrong you were!

Don't believe me? Well, read on to see why I think this unique mythological show, presented to us by Nikhil Sinha, through his excellent troupe and team, manages to cook up a recipe replete with all flavours, despite its setting in ancient times and even a different conceptual era.

I have summed up the recipe below. It is a secret recipe but I have managed to work it out by watching every episode of the show to date, and many of them numerous times. If something doesn't work, it is probably because I have made a mistake so please don't blame the show, it's cast or the makers. Also, we are making one big Indian curry, and not some delicate gourmet dish, so the measurements and methodology (or "mythodoloogy"!) can vary- if in doubt- improvise!

Ingredients:

1. One super hot God-hero (Mohit/ Mahadev), complete with abs you can cut cheese on;

image 12. One exotically beautiful heroine (Mouni/ Sati) no man (or God) can resist;

image 2
3. Elaborate sets and picturesque locations; goodbye Switzerland, we are off to "Kailash";

image 3
4. Fantastic costumes - strapless blouses for the main lead, figure hugging creations for her sisters, elegant attire for the rest of the females, animal skin for the hero complete with trend setting accessories even including a live (oh, well unmoving plastic) snake (but you get the picture?) and others to embellish;

image 4image 5image 6
5. A villainous father (Daksha) who hates our hero, complemented by wife (Prasuti) and henchmen (Amatya and Rishi Bhrigu);

image 76. A selection of matchmaking Cupids on both sides ranging from the hero's fellow Gods (Brahmaji, Lakshmiji and Vishnuji), learned sages (Rishis Kashyap and Dadichi), devotees (Naradji and Nandi) to siblings and spouses (Revati and Chandrama) and a best friend/mentor (Madanike);

image 8image 9image 10
7. A dash of sub plots like a love triangle between our damsel's sisters and their common hubby (there was bigamy pre-K soap days too!);

image 11
8. A motley selection of ugly, fat, (and often) hairy villains (sorry to those that play them but...!);

image 12image 13
and

9. Dashes of soul stirring music and inspired dance to garnish each time.

image 14image 15

Preparation

1. Set up the workstation first by arranging the picturesque locations and sets as the base;

image 16
2. Keep preparing by putting the beautiful heroine in the path of the super hot hero at intervals;

image 17

Method

1. Ensure the reclusive self made man (oops God!) who shuns material pleasures tries to resist his pull towards the pampered rich-girl heroine until the temperature is right and the base is set;

image 18
2. Ensure there are eye locks aplenty in the meantime and that the hero shows attitude to start with, rejecting the love struck heroine's advances, but still continuing to interact with her;

image 19image 20
3. Once the heat starts to climb, let the main ingredients (hero-heroine) come in to limited but very effective contact, ensure eye locks progress to electrifying but chaste touches;

image 21
4. Continuously use the villainous father to be a barrier as nothing makes a love story combust as much as opposition and obstacles;

5. Also continuously create endless situations for the brave maiden to face so that the hero can save the day;

6. It is during the above step that you sporadically thrown in the fat, hairy so and so(s) and if you want to add extra spice here, you can always add a few other types of disasters, e.g. fainting spells for our lady, injuries or other forms of hardship that befall her etc;

7. Also, do not forget to throughout use the matchmakers intermittently but regularly to never let either really main ingredient separate and keep utilising them as a most effective mixing agent and to bind the ingredients;

8. Add seasoning as you go along so keep throwing in pinches of music and dance and the occasional make-over as these need to seep through the whole dish; and

image 22

9. Keep stirring, mixing and generally cooking until it all comes to a boil.

Presentation

1. Serve piping hot to the hungry hordes in 20 minutes slots 6 days a week;

2. Serve with a side of the occasional well placed interview, article or other media communication.

Chef's Compliments:

It can be hard to get hold of head chef Nikhil Sinha as the pot must never be empty so he is too busy in the kitchen. However, whilst not the same, we have the next best place to leave your feedback at @Mohit_FC, a fan club run by Anjali, Tulika and Shruti, which is always available and willing to hear from you lovely customers.

Health Warning:

The above recipe comes with a strict health warning and exclusion clause. The author claims immunity from any form of copy right or other IP related charges. She is also not responsible for any adverse reaction experienced by anyone trying out the recipe or its results. She recommends that the above be taken with a healthy dose of humour and in the spirit it is meant, so as to aid digestion. Nothing in the contents is meant to insult, hurt or offend anyone.

Credits:

A special thanks to Anjali Singh for her contribution towards the images above.
Har Har Mahadev!

Shruti

(@Mohit_FC or www.shruts11.wordpress.com)

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

The viewers love watching Devon Ke Dev Mahadev and Mohit Raina, who plays the character of Lord Shiv is also very happy with the show. "I am very happy with the show and feel that I am lucky to have bagged this role as I had strived hard for it,"

This talented artist, unlike many of his peers, wouldn't want to be part of reality shows. "But if it is something related to dance, I would definitely be interested in taking it up," he adds. In his free time, he loves to play snooker and since he is a fitness freak, he also indulges in workouts.

The handsome actor started his career with modeling. He later acted in a show called Chehra. "I always wanted to become an actor," he beams. And with a show like Mahadev in his kitty, Mohit is definitely on cloud nine.

But had acting not happened to him, which profession would he be in? "I pursued B.com and wanted to become a Chartered Accountant. Apart from that, I might have become a businessman,'' ends Mohit.

Good that acting happened to him because the audiences got the chance to see him portray Lord Shiv onscreen.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Content Removed

13 Comments

Poonam Saxena

print

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Saurabh Jain to fill Yashdeep Nain's gap in Uttaran!

Saturday, March 31, 2012 | 1:45:20 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    0 Comments
Saurabh Jain to fill Yashdeep Nain's gap in Uttaran!

Filmfarm finally finds the latter's replacement...

A while back Yashdeep Nain was finalized to play an important role post leap in Filmfarms' Uttaran on Colors but suddenly opted out of the show because of another role in Pearl Grey's next on Star Plus.

Since then the production house was busy in finding a replacement for him and it now seems that the wait is finally over. Saurabh Raj jain, an actor who is currently seen as Lord Vishnu in Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev, will replace Yashdeep Nain in Uttaran.

A reliable source informs, "Saurabh Raj Jain has been finalized to essay the role of Yuvraj, Iccha's son, who is a spoil brat and loves the luxurious life. Yuvraj is being brought up by Ammaji (Meghna Malik) at Veer's (Nandish Sandhu) place."

When contacted, Saurabh says, "I haven't signed any contract till now though they have approached me."

The production house finally lets out a sigh of relief!

Reporter:Tejashree Bhopatkar
Author:Sharat Kumar
.Dalisay. thumbnail

Manini Mihir Mishra to enter Devon Ke Dev Mahadev

By TellychakkarTeam 5 Apr 2012 - 13:35

Manini Mihir Mishra

Triangle Film Company's mythological love saga of Sati-Shiva, Devon Ke Dev' Mahadev on Life OK, is all set to witness Sati's (Mouni Royswayamvar. However, the upcoming episodes will churn out some high-voltage drama with the entry of bong beauty Manini Mihir Mishra. She will be seen as Daksh's (Surendra Pal) daughter and Sati's elder sister, Vijaya.

Manini ' who was last seen in Choti Si Zindagi on Zee TV 'will help her father to create problems between Shiva (Mohit Raina) and Sati. Vijaya's character will be a strong one with grey shades.

Tellychakkar.com spoke to Manini who confirmed her entry and said, "I have never done a mythological show in my career, so I am really looking forward to it. I like pushing my boundaries and challenging myself. It's a very strong character and I am happy to be playing it. Incidentally, I was approached to do Mahadev sometime back for another role but I couldn't take up then due to some reasons. But this time around everything fell into place and it looks like I was destined to do the show."

Manini's entry is expected to air next week.

-------------------------------------------

Edited by ANrucha - 12 years ago
.Dalisay. thumbnail

Hetal Yadav makes Shiv-Sati dance to her tunes

Hetal Yadav

The viewers love watching the mythological drama on Life OK, Triangle Film Company's Devon Ke Dev'Mahadev. The love story of Shiv-Sati is the highlight of this show and the two characters often indulge in some dance.

Now, from what Tellychakkar.com has got to know, this show is, in a way connected to Haar Jeet that is aired on Imagine. Incidentally, Hetal Yadav, who plays the role of Vishal's (Satyam Seth) aunt, known as Shalini Chachi on Imagine, has been making the characters of Mahadev dance to her tunes.

Incidentally, Hetal, apart from being a talented actress, is also a choreographer and has also contributed to many dance events.

And to add to her list of achievements, she has choreographed a few performances in Mahadev. "I have choreographed the Ardhangini act by Shiv and Sati and also the performance after Chandra Dev gets life," the talented Hetal shares with Tellychakkar.com.

Furthermore, Hetal enjoyed being part of this popular show. "It was a great experience working for the show. I am extremely passionate about dancing and I will continue doing shows in the future," ends the actress.

--------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.tellychakkar.com/news/hetal-yadav-makes-shiv-sati-dance-her-tunes

Edited by ANrucha - 12 years ago
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Small screen stars steam up calendar

Mumbai, April 8 -- Ad man Sunny Arora of Marinating Films has launched the first calendar featuring celebrities from the Indian television industry. "There are many calendars with Bollywood stars and models, but none with TV actors. Although TV has a huge presence and market, it doesn't get its due credit," feels Sunny who will launch the calendar with a fashion show this week in the city.

The calendar will be circulated among ad agencies and TV production houses and "is a branding tool more than a business venture," he says, adding, "TV actors are so popular today that if Shweta Tiwari and Sushmita Sen land at an airport, Shweta would get more attention." Giaa Manek, Pooja Gor, Ankita Lokhande, Shweta Tiwari, Juhi Parmar, Sara Khan, Hina Khan feature in the calendar. "I had planned to feature three stylish girls, Shveta Salve who has the body language of an international model and Mouni Roy and Barkha Bisht who are known for their sexy looks. Most TV bahus aren't very stylish in real life, so we have a blend of popular and stylish actors."

http://india.nydailynews.com/entertainmentarticle/1851a2198cfe93671d0193fc09d635f7/small-screen-stars-steam-up-calendar
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Life OK to revamp it's show slots ?

Monday, April 09, 2012 | 5:28:21 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
Life OK to revamp it's show slots ?

Life OK to change the time slots for the shows...

Life OK seems to go with the change in its schedule of shows from 23rd April by showcasing all the shows 5 days a week for half an hour instead of its regular time slot of 20 minutes and 7 days a week . The change in the schedule has also affected the schedule of BP Singh's show Hum Ne Li Hai Shapath which will turn bi weekly i.e. Saturday and Sunday for 1 hour from 28th April.

In order to know more about this TB contacted the producer of Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev Nikhil Sinha who says "I have heard about such changes but haven't got any official confirmation from the channel." On contacting producer Rajan Shahi, he says "Nothing has been confirmed yet, things are in its working process. There will be a slight structural changes in the episode if the show airs for half an hour".

We contacted Adaaa Khan aka Amrit of Amrit Manthan who says , " I am happy as it is an obvious relief shootwise, but yes the sad part is that we used to get our major TRP on Saturday and Sunday that will go off."

Well, the decision is on hold as yet but the changes in the schedule of shows of Life OK may be an interest for the viewers of Life OK, so let's wait for the final decision to arrive.

Reporter: Ranjini Nair
Author: Dhrithi Gulvadi
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Manini's new avatar!

Shruti Jambhekar, TNN | Apr 10, 2012, 01.18PM IST
Read More:Nikhil Sinha|Manini De Mishra|Devon Ke Dev Mahadev|Dev Mahadev|Avatar
Tweet
Manini's new avatar!
Manini De Mishra

Manini De Mishra needs no introduction for the niche she has carved for herself on small screen over all these years.

This talented actress is all set to do her first mythological show now. The actress who's famous for comic roles always, for the first time will be seen in a different Avatar.

She will be seen playing a character called Vijaya who is elder sister of Sati. Her character will be that of a jealous person and with her father Daksh, she will create trouble for Sati. Character has many grey shades. Vijaya pretends to be nice in front of everyone but she can not see Sati happy. Sati being Daksh's favorite daughter, Vijaya has always been envied of Sati.

Vijaya has come at the time when entire family is against Daksh. Sati has married to Mahadev in her Swayamwar. Vijaya will be helping Daksh in spoiling Sati's married life. She will sport a glamorous look with jewellery and all. Manini confirms," I am playing Vijaya in Mahadev. I a m doing mythological show for the first time. Mahadev is a popular show. Nikhil Sinha has made a fantastic show and the production values are talked about. The role was tempting enough for me to say yes. I am doing films as well but, can't disclose details as of now."

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Mahadev completes 100 episodes; Nikhil-Suhana Sinha throw house party

Triangle Film Company's mythological love saga of Sati-Shiv, Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev, completed 100 episodes on 9 April 2012. But the hectic schedules of the actors in the show didn't permit a proper celebration on the sets.

However, the makers of the show, Nikhil and Suhana Sinha, didn't want to miss this opportunity and hosted a party at their house. Host Suhana Sinha reveals to Tellychakkar.com, "The experience was really great. But the highlight of it was that the cast made it to the party at around 2 am, after their pack-up. We cut a cake which was followed by dinner. I must admit we all had a great time."

Talking about this popular mythological daily, Suhana says that the viewers can await many interesting twists and turns: "Shiv's story is never ending. As of now, we have just started the Sati phase, after this we would show the Parvati phase, so the audiences will surely get to see a lot of interesting things in the future."

With the popularity this show enjoys, we are sure many such bashes will be held in the future.