Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

I have put in extra efforts to make the show look realistic - Arvind Babbal

TellyBuzz in talks with the producer Arvind Babbal whose new venture Mahakumbh is all set to hit the tube.

Thursday, December 11, 2014 | 4:51:13 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   21 Comments  |  939 Views

Producer Arvind Babbal has donned the producer's hat and will be presenting his work with the show Mahakumbh. While Arvind Babbal has proved his talent and showcased his directorial skills in the show Saraswatichandra, he is excited about his new venture and speaks with us regarding the same.

How excited are you to produce a debut show Mahakumbh?

I am elated about Mahakumbh as its my debut show as a producer. It really needs a lot of courage to make such kind of shows. I always had this dream of bringing something very different for viewers which was missing on television for quite a long time. We have been offering shows based on kitchen politics to the audience which has disconnected them from small screen so from this show I want them back on small screen.Mahakumbh brings a fresh concept, some outstanding characters, appealing and catchy screenplay and more.

What efforts you had to put in to make the show?

As a producer I have tried to make this show on a big scale. We have used Alexa camera which is used while shooting films. We have a plan of shooting on 130 outdoor locations of which we have completed shooting the half of it. Shooting outdoor was a tough task as I had to shoot with en number of people at one time so managing everyone and explaining them was not so easy. Once when we were shooting outdoor, my entire set was collapsed due to storm so we had to construct it again. I have put in extra efforts to make the show look realistic.

How did you come up with this idea?

The credit goes to my wife. I was in Ujjain when my wife quizzed me that 'Why are people seen tensed during this holy Mahakumbh mela?' So it gave me a lead to make a show which talks about 'Mahakumbh' in a contemporary way.

The show caters to whom?

Well our target audience is youngsters but I feel any person can relate with the story. When I screened the pilot shoot of the show at my home, a little kid watched it with all concentration and the kid's mother was surprised to see his level of concentration.

Tell us something about the cast of the show?

Earlier, I was associated with theater and I have featured artists from the theater background. I think that its time for theater actors to act on-screen who are very skilled and hardworking. I am obliged to work with such hard working and dedicated actors likeGautam RodeSeema Biswas. They make my scenes look wonderful with their acting skills. To tell you, we have worked in 4 degrees and 44 degrees and in spite of that the actors have given their best performance.

Coming to the show Saraswatichandra, how was your experience working with the team then?

Doing Saraswatichandra with Sanjay Leela Bhansali was an amazing experience. He gave me all freedom for directing the series. He is highly experienced when it comes to selecting costumes and designing. These are his traits and I have learned a lot from him.

After Mahakumbh, any plans of entering into films?

I have got opportunities to work in films but it has always been my choice of not doing it. Well in the coming year I am coming up with a movie for which I have been working since one and a half year.

Your team is talking about your work and appreciating you a lot. So what do you have to say to them?

It's my honor that I have got such an amazing team.  I think I may have done some good deeds which are fetching a good result for me. We have a positive atmosphere on the sets so things become more easy and organized.

A message you want on pass to your fans?

We are trying to bring something new for the audience and we hope that they accept it.

Phalguni Sharma

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

There's more to me than Mahadev'

Subhash K. Jha | December 12, 2014, 23.12 pm IST
Lord Shiva character has changed Mohit Raina's life for ever, the actor says it's now time to move on

Q What is the first thing you intend to do when Devon Ke Dev Mahadev is over?
Visit my hometown in Kashmir. I haven't been there for five years. I'll spend some time there and then take a family vacation.

Q: The show ends. Your fans will be heartbroken. What's your reaction?
There is a feeling of emptiness. I've been playing Lord Shiva for three years. In fact, it's not even right to say I've been playing' Shiva. My involvement with the character is much deeper than that. The audience actually believes I am Mahadev. We completed 820 episodes.

That's a long time to be with a character...
Yes, and the dramatisation that crept in later, I think began to show in the content. When we started the serial it was only about the real Mahadev. Then it began to look like a serial.

Q: You mean stretched out unnecessarily with plot character and other devices?
Exactly. Characters began to come and go, like a conventional series. It is sad that Devon Ke Dev Mahadev is coming to an end. But my commitment to the serial's dogma doesn't diminish. Whatever I do, I'll be connected to the show.

But not having to constantly live up to the image of a god, does it not give you a feeling of liberation?
Oh yes, it does. I feel relaxed and happy. Being the face of the show was a huge responsibility. But, when people come to me and say I've touched their lives and that their perspective and vision on life has changed, it feels good.

Q: You became the brand ambassador for Lord Shiva...
Yes I did. I took Mahadev's message across the world. The experience has made me a better human being. I now value life more. I understand the cycle of nature..., everything in life is connected. Every person is equal. All the things that I've learnt while playing Mahadev will really be beneficial to my life. This wasn't just a serial for me. It was a learning experience. I hope people's love and respect for me remain even when they stop thinking of me as Mahadev.

Unless you suddenly go wild and start dancing on bar counters...
I don't see the possibility of that happening. I've never done it. Why would I do it now? I see myself as having a huge responsibility. For me the art is important.

Q: Another mythology is ruled out?
Absolutely. There have been rumours regarding this, but I am not looking at any mythology. There is much more to me than Mahadev. Whatever viewers have seen is only 40 per cent of my capabilities. I'd like to surprise audiences while making sure that I don't compromise with the dignity of the character I played for three years.

Have you signed  movies?
I am meeting a lot of filmmakers. They are keen to sign me. It's every actor's dream to do cinema. So I guess the real struggle begins now.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/print/141212/entertainment-tvmusic/article/%E2%80%98there%E2%80%99s-more-me-mahadev%E2%80%99

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

I need to completely reinvent myself: Mohit Raina

Last Updated: Tuesday, December 23, 2014 - 14:52

Mohit Raina as Lord Shiva in 'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev'.

Mumbai: Though Mohit Raina, whose stint as Lord Shiva has ended, says it is time for him "reinvent" and adds that he is not looking at any mythological show but he will make sure his new roles befit the dignity of Mahadev's character.

Excerpts:

Devon Ke Dev Mahadev' is over. What is the first thing you intend to do now?

A: Visit my hometown in Kashmir. I haven't been there for five years. I'll spend some time there and then have a family vacation.

Not having to constantly live up to the image of a super god, does it not give you a feeling of liberation?

It does! Oh yes, it does. I feel relaxed and happy, Being the face of the show was a huge responsibility. But whatever responsibility I was given I fulfilled to the best of my abilities. Today, when people come to me and say I've touched their lives and that their perspective and vision on life has changed, it feels good. In comparison with their happiness, my discomfort seems negligible. The show has changed lives. I am happy about that. But I am also relieved.

What was the atmosphere like on the sets during the closing weeks?

A: Everyone was mentally prepared for the end. I am not the only one who is proud to be associated with the show. Each and every person, even those doing the smallest of jobs, proudly declared they worked for the "Mahadev" series.

You became the brand ambassador for Lord Shiva?

Yes I did. I took Mahadev's message across the world. The experience has made me a better human being. I now value life more. I understand the cycle of nature...Everything in life is connected. Every person is equal. All the things that I've learnt while playing Mahadev will really be beneficial to my life. This wasn't just a serial for me. It was a learning experience. I hope the people's love and respect for me remains even when they stop thinking of me as Mahadev.

Unless you suddenly go wild and start dancing on bar counters?

I don't see the possibility of that happening. I've never done it. Why would I do it now? I see myself as having a huge responsibility. For me, the art is important.

What next?

I don't know. But whatever I do, I'll maintain the dignity of my part as Mahadev. I don't know what lies in store in future. Whatever I do won't be contradicting what I've done so far. But first, I am taking a break. I need to completely reinvent myself.

So another mythology is ruled out?

Yes, absolutely. There have been rumours regarding this. But no, I am not looking at any mythology.

Any movies?

I am a meeting a lot of filmmakers. They are keen to sign me. I thought they might not be interested. It's every actor's dream to cinema. Again, I have to choose something that befits the dignity of Mahadev's character. So I guess the real struggle begins now.

What about your personal life. Would you finally admit to being in a relationship?

So far I've not focused on a personal life. Now I will.

What do you think of Maha Kumbh', the show that replaces Devon Ke Dev Mahadev'?

I've seen the promos. It looks fantastic. The same people are the brains behind the two shows. I think Maha Kumbh' is a worthy successor to "Devon Ke Dev Mahadev".

Hope to see the fun side of you after the show?

There is that side. But it is buried too deep inside.

IANS 

http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/idiotbox/i-need-to-completely-reinvent-myself-mohit-raina_1519188.html
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Though Mohit Raina, whose stint as Lord Shiva has ended, says it is time for him 'reinvent' and adds that he is not looking at any mythological show but he will make sure his new roles befit the dignity of Mahadev's character.

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 | 2:28:13 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   0 Comments  |  228 Views

Though Mohit Raina, whose stint as Lord Shiva has ended, says it is time for him "reinvent" and adds that he is not looking at any mythological show but he will make sure his new roles befit the dignity of Mahadev's character.

Excerpts:

Q: "Devon Ke Dev Mahadev" is over. What is the first thing you intend to do now?

A: Visit my hometown in Kashmir. I haven't been there for five years. I'll spend some time there and then have a family vacation.

Q: Not having to constantly live up to the image of a super god, does it not give you a feeling of liberation?

A: It does! Oh yes, it does. I feel relaxed and happy, Being the face of the show was a huge responsibility. But whatever responsibility I was given I fulfilled to the best of my abilities. Today, when people come to me and say I've touched their lives and that their perspective and vision on life has changed, it feels good. In comparison with their happiness, my discomfort seems negligible. The show has changed lives. I am happy about that. But I am also relieved.

Q: What was the atmosphere like on the sets during the closing weeks?

A: Everyone was mentally prepared for the end. I am not the only one who is proud to be associated with the show. Each and every person, even those doing the smallest of jobs, proudly declared they worked for the "Mahadev" series.

Q: You became the brand ambassador for Lord Shiva?

A: Yes I did. I took Mahadev's message across the world. The experience has made me a better human being. I now value life more. I understand the cycle of nature...Everything in life is connected. Every person is equal. All the things that I've learnt while playing Mahadev will really be beneficial to my life. This wasn't just a serial for me. It was a learning experience. I hope the people's love and respect for me remains even when they stop thinking of me as Mahadev.

Q: Unless you suddenly go wild and start dancing on bar counters?

A: I don't see the possibility of that happening. I've never done it. Why would I do it now? I see myself as having a huge responsibility. For me, the art is important.

Q: What next?

A: I don't know. But whatever I do, I'll maintain the dignity of my part as Mahadev. I don't know what lies in store in future. Whatever I do won't be contradicting what I've done so far. But first, I am taking a break. I need to completely reinvent myself.

Q: So another mythology is ruled out?

A: Yes, absolutely. There have been rumors regarding this. But no, I am not looking at any mythology.

Q: Any movies?

A: I am a meeting a lot of filmmakers. They are keen to sign me. I thought they might not be interested. It's every actor's dream to cinema. Again, I have to choose something that befits the dignity of Mahadev's character. So I guess the real struggle begins now.

Q: What about your personal life. Would you finally admit to being in a relationship?

A: So far I've not focused on a personal life. Now I will.

Q: You've been constantly linked with your co-star Mouni Roy.

A: Whatever the truth, it will be out in the open soon. I am a very private person.

Q: What do you think of "Maha Kumbh", the show that replaces "Devon Ke Dev Mahadev"?

A: I've seen the promos. It looks fantastic. The same people are the brains behind the two shows. I think "Maha Kumbh" is a worthy successor to "Devon Ke Dev Mahadev".

Q: Hope to see the fun side of you after the show?

A: There is that side. But it is buried too deep inside.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Pakistan's short, sweet stories dominated TV...!

Typical saas-bahu sagas and run-of-the-mill concepts outlived their popularity on the small screen. This was evident from the success of finite series like "Zindagi Gulzar Hai" and "Humsafar" from Pakistan, which not only captivat

Wednesday, December 24, 2014 | 12:28:09 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   4 Comments  |  1010 Views

Typical saas-bahu sagas and run-of-the-mill concepts outlived their popularity on the small screen. This was evident from the success of finite series like "Zindagi Gulzar Hai" and "Humsafar" from Pakistan, which not only captivated audiences but also topped the charts.

The year saw megastar Amitabh Bachchan making his debut in fiction space on TV with "Yudh". Co-produced by Amitabh's production company Saraswati Creations and Endemol India, the show was appreciated for its concept but failed to make it big. Many new shows were launched, but hardly any one of them found viewership. It's time for the TV to reinvent and bring new concepts.

Here is the list of the shows that clicked with the audience this year. Out of them some may have gone off air but have definitely left audiences wanting for more.

"Zindagi Gulzar Hai": Coming from across the border, the Pakistani show struck a chord with its zeal and youthful romance between the lead characters - Zaroon Junaid and Kashaf Murtaza - who hate each other but eventually fall in love. A heart-warming story, it highlighted the intricacies of life. The show was instantly appreciated for its realistic approach and finite number of episodes. Aired on Zindagi channel, the show was launched in June and summed up on a happy note in July. Fawad Khan">Fawad Khan, who played the male lead, was also seen making his Bollywood debut with "Khoobsurat".

"Humsafar": Another Pakistani marvel brought to India by Zindagi channel. "Humsafar", which again starred Fawad Khan">Fawad Khan along with Mahira Khan in the lead roles, was about a couple who were forced into marriage. It's not a love story where the eyes meet and the wind blows, but a gradual and slow building-up of emotions. The show was started Oct 14 and concluded Nov 7. Now, Mahira is all set to enter Hindi filmdom with "Raees", a film that stars Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan.

Ye Hai Mohabbatein: The show is a perfect embodiment of Ekta Kapoor's success formula with the right amount of love, drama and comedy. The story of a couple who come together for the sake of a child has been appreciated. With the main plot, the show also highlights intermingling of two cultures - South Indian and Punjabi in a humorous way. The Star Plus show was launched in December 2013.

"Crime Patrol": The crime show has managed to retain its popularity after being launched in 2008. Based on true crime stories, it sees actor Anup Soni, who hosts the show, taking audiences to various parts of the country where the incidents take place. The show is credited with spreading awareness about evil incidents happening in the world and makes people more cautious.

Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev: The mythological serial on Life OK channel managed to give a taste of Lord Shiva's life. The show captured the notion of good wins over evil. The male lead Mohit Raina has also amassed a massive fan following courtesy the show, which was launched in 2008 and went off the air in December this year. Be it his marriage or the 'tandav' dance, the show kept audiences on the edge of the seat with mesmerizing performances.

Maat: The Zindagi channel's show focused on sibling rivalry, where a girl is competing with her own sister. The title is also apt as it means checkmate. The makers portrayed things like materialism and ambitions without overdoing it. The show was launched in July and was wrapped up in August.

Tumhari Paakhi: Based on a novel "Naba Bidhan" by Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay, the show about child marriage depicts how a girl waits for her prince charming, who moves on in life and settles down with a different woman in a hill station. The sizzling chemistry between the lead pair - Iqbal Khan and Shraddha Arya - was also applauded. The Life OK show was started with a great story but lost the plot mid-way and met an abrupt end in November.

Doli Armaanon Ki: Another show that caught the Indian audiences' attention was "Doli Armaanon Ki", a show that talked about a small town girl and how her dreams about marriage get shattered thanks to her chauvinistic husband. While Neha Marda plays the lead, Mohit Malik is seen as her abusive, short-tempered and unfaithful husband. The show, which went on the air in 2013 December on Zee TV, has managed to remain interesting so far.

Ajeeb Daastaan Hain Ye: The triangular love story launched actress Sonali Bendre in the fiction genre on television. She has hosted shows, but this was her first stint with the soap and the story has so far managed to entertain the audience. With Apoorva Agnihotri and Harsh Chhaya in the male leads, it was touted to be a finite series. This is a different show from Ekta Kapoor who is known for focusing on kitchen politics in her TV shows.

"Aunn Zara": Another show from the neighboring country, which was comical in nature, appealed to the masses. What happens when a guy spoiled by his mother, grandmother and aunts gets married to a tomboy.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Mahakumbh becomes the #1 show on Life OK!

Life OK's Mahakumbh tops the TRP chart.

Monday, December 29, 2014 | 5:53:37 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   22 Comments  |  1994 Views

Arvind Babbal Production's recently launched showMahakumbh has become the number 1 show on Life OK in its first week. The show is already making rounds in the industry for its quality and now we hear that the channel and producers have another reason to celebrate.  

Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev on the same time slot ended on a 0.8 trp while Mahakumbh has opened up on a 1.6 TRP, giving Life OK a good boost in its overall GRPs. And the main plot is about to thicken this week as actor Gautam Rode, who has a tremendous fan following, will be entering the show on Wednesday, 31st. December.  

We are sure that the TRPs will further shoot up after Gautam's entry giving the other shows on Indian Television tough competition.  

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Abhaas Mehta more than happy to play Betaal

TV actor Abhaas Mehta, who is known for his role in the shows Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?and Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev, says he took to time at all to accept the role of Betaal in the show Singhasan Battisi.

Monday, December 29, 2014 | 7:06:17 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   0 Comments  |  206 Views

TV actor Abhaas Mehta, who is known for his role in the shows Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?and Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev, says he took to time at all to accept the role of Betaal in the show Singhasan Battisi.

"I have spent most of my childhood watching and reading about the tale of Vikram and Betaal. When I got the offer of playing the character of Betaal in 'Sinhasan Battisi' without the blink of an eye, I straight away accepted the offer," Abhaas said in a statement.

Although the actor is more than happy to take up his new role, he admits that it is challenging and hopes he will live up to the viewers' expectations.

"Essaying the role of Betaal in Sony Pal's popular historical series has given me a great opportunity to depict the challenging role. I hope I do justice with the character and I hope that the viewers will like it," he said.

Abhaas comes in as Betaal after replacing Rajesh Khera, who was all set to play the role but was said to have quit the show on medical grounds and had to be replaced overnight.

The show, which will feature a Vikram-Betal track starting Jan 5, is about 32 ideal qualities that a king should have to rule the kingdom.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

I want to do sky diving - Romanch Mehta

Actor Romanch Mehta shares his adventurous experience with TellyBuzz.

Tuesday, January 06, 2015 | 12:25:54 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   36 Comments  |  922 Views

Romanch Mehta who was last seen in Life OK Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev shares his adventurous experiences on our Thrill Zone column this week.

Let's see what Romanch has to share with us...

What is adventure according to you?

Adventure according to me is something that I have never done before.

Share your most adventurous day...

I had been to Thailand and enjoyed doing water sports like Scuba Diving, Jet Ski and many more. It was the most adventurous day.

Your favorite adventure?

I love scuba diving.

One thrilling adventure on your wish list?

Sky diving.

Who would you want to take for a thrilling activity from the industry?

I would like to take my friend Gurmeet Choudhary for an adventurous activity .

Aakruti Damani 

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Mohit Raina and Mouni Roy are very much together

V Lakshmi,TNN | Jan 9, 2015, 12.00AM IST
Grapevine had it that all was not well between TV actors Mohit Raina and Mouni Roy, who have been dating each other.

However, the 'trouble in the paradise' speculations were put to rest when the two were spotted exiting a cinema hall in Andheri last Sunday.

READ:Mohit Raina-Mouni chill out at Mahadev's wrap up party

An eye witness reveals, "The two left the theatre together and were engrossed in a conversation all the while. They seemed quite comfortable in each other's company." Mohit and Mouni worked together in the recently-concluded show Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev. They are rumoured to have been approached for Nach Baliye this season.
Edited by Proud-India - 9 years ago
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

I always wanted to be a part of Bharat Ka Veer Putra - Maharan Pratap : Tarun Khanna

Viewers of Bharat Ka Veer Putra - Maharana Pratap on Sony TV to see Tarun Khanna's entry in the upcoming episodes.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 | 1:14:36 PM IST (+05:30 GMT) 
 6 Comments | 818 Views | Copyright: India-Forums.com/TellyBuzz

Bharat Ka Veer Putra - Maharana Pratap has been enchanting the viewers with all the new tracks that the makers of the show are bringing in. While earlier we had seen Bhatiyani (Aashka Goradia) getting shot and dying in the show, viewers will now see a new entry in the show.

Our source reveals, "Tarun Khanna will be the new entry. He will be seen essaying the role of Zeher Sakaa in the show. According to the story line, Zeher Sakaa is sent by Akbar (Krip Suri) to kill Pratap (Ssharad Malhotra)."

When contacted Tarun Khanna, he answered saying, "My character is not a full fledged one but it is a huge challenge for me. I am doing a historical role for the first time. I took up this character because it is a cameo because I have something else scheduled as well. Another reason why I took up the show is because I love to speak Urdu. I always wanted to essay the character of Pratap post the leap; so with this, I got an opportunity to be a part of the show."

Tarun Khanna has shown a lot of variation when it comes to essaying roles. "Out of all the shows I have done, I loved working for Devon Ke Dev. MahadevRangrasiyaand Neeli Chhatri Wale. Though I have worked only for an episode, but Neeli Chatri Wali has an amazing team. I would love to be a part of that show again. Their direction, writing, everything is just fantastic. Ashwini Dheer is doing a fantastic show."

TellyBuzz wishes Tarun Khanna all the luck for his venture.

Upasana Patel