Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Shailesh Dattar, Manoj Desai, Sumit Kaul join the cast of Colors' Ashoka!

The upcoming show Ashoka to feature popular actors of TV for prominent roles.

Tuesday, December 02, 2014 | 4:54:36 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   0 Comments  |  352 Views

Colors' upcoming historical show Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat has been the talk of the town since a long time now. TellyBuzz had earlier brought to you guys the news about the show's on air date, time slot and also the young boy Siddharth Nigam playing the role of Ashoka.

TellyBuzz is yet again back with some good piece of news. 

Our source states, "Manoj Joshi will be seen as Chanakya in show. Besides this, the role of Ahmatya will be essayed by the Shailesh Dattar. Ahmatya will play the character of Vindusar's minister in the show. Shailesh's role in the show will be seen extremely positive and responsible when it comes to handling the state. But like it is said, everything that shines is not gold and something similar is with his case. He has wrong intentions and wants Chandragupt's greek wife's son Justim to become the king of the state. The character of Justim will be essayed by Sumit Kaul."

Shailesh Dattar is currently seen in Life OK's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev as Narad. When contacted Shailesh, he revealed, "Yes, I am doing this show but cannot divulge any further information regarding the same."

Apart from Shailesh, actor Sumit Kaul who was seen as Govind in Do Dil Ek Jaan on Life OK will be seen in the show.

Besides this, as reported elsewhere, Pallavi Subhash will essay the role of Ashoka's mother and Sameer Dharmadikari as his father.

Keep reading this space for more such exclusive news.

Upasana Patel

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Saurabh Raaj Jain gets a surprise birthday gift from his wife!

The actor who recently celebrated his birthday, shares his birthday celebration and the surprise gift he received from his beloved wife.

Wednesday, December 03, 2014 | 5:56:37 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   0 Comments  |  378 Views

The good looking and talented actor Saurabh Raaj Jain who was recently seen playing the role of Lord Krishna in Star Plus' popular mythological series Mahabharat and currently seen in Life OK's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev celebrated his birthday recently.

The popular actor was showered with lots of love and blessings from his loved ones and his admirers as well. This birthday indeed turned out to be a very special for Saurabh as he got a nice surprise from his wife. We asked Saurabh about the surprise and his birthday celebration.

Saurabh said, "My birthday was totally a family affair. I wake up early so I didn't celebrate my birthday by staying awake till last night. I slept early, woke up early and my wife had called my family members and close friends in the evening and we went out for a lavish dinner."

Along with being showered with lots of wishes and blessings, Saurabh also received many gifts from his fans and a surprise gift from his wife. Saurabh shares, "I have got many gifts from fans and my wife gifted me an iPhone 6 on my birthday. It was quite a nice surprise for me."

We also told Saurabh that the fans of India Forums have created a birthday thread for their favorite star. An elated Saurabh told us, "I am yet to see the thread but I would like to say thanks to all of them for putting in so much of effort. You guys rock; stay blessed."

We wish Saurabh a great year ahead! 

Anwesha Kamal

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Sonarika Bhadoria receives a special birthday gift from her father!

Beautiful Sonarika Bhadoria celebrates her birthday today and shares her plans with TellyBuzz.

Wednesday, December 03, 2014 | 7:10:01 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   4 Comments  |  1787 Views

Its December, a new month and a month of Birthdays. One such celeb who is celebrating her special day is pretty Sonarika Bhadoria who was last seen in Life OK's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev.

TellyBuzz contacted the actress to know about her celebrations and she says, "I got a surprise party from my dear friends at home, they had got a cake for me. Many of my friends are busy with their exams so I am celebrating the birthday with my family and some of my close friends."

Talking about the gifts she has received for her birthday Sonarika avers, "My grandparents gift me cash on every birthday. My father gifted me an iPhone 6 plus. I also got lot of perfumes as I have a fetish for perfumes and a huge collection of the same."

"The ritual that I follow on my birthday is I wake up early and we all pray together. Then I donate food and money to an old age home. I also visit Sai Baba Mandir near my house and feed food to the poor and needy people in the mandir. Lastly I also like to help the small children by giving them books pen and other needed stuff," ends Sonarika.

Well, Sonarika it's really a good deed that you do on your birthday.

TellyBuzz wishes Sonarika Bhadoria a very Happy Birthday!

Aakruti Damani

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Mohit Raina in Limca Book of Records!

• Mohit Raina
    Mohit Raina

Devon Ke Dev Mahadev has been one of the most popular shows on Indian Television. Apart from garnering high TRPs and huge fan following, the show is all set to set a new record. The show will be ending soon but on a very high note and with a good news for its fans and viewers. Mohit Raina's name has been mentioned in Limca Book of Records under the title - Most Roles Portrayed In Serial' for playing 28 characters. Devon Ke Dev Mahadev went on-air on Dec 18, 2011 and since then Mohit has portrayed 52 Characters in the serial. And according to our sources, it's again going for a record for playing 52 characters in one show.

Mohit Raina shared "I am very happy that our show has been recognised in Limca Book of Records. All the characters which I played in the show were very much challenging." Producer Nikhil Sinha also told GR8!, "Yes, I have also heard about it and I am really very happy for this honour. The whole credit for this goes to our Creative team who had worked a lot on the look as there was no reference for the same but still they brought out all the characters so well. But I don't know whether it would be Mohit Raina or Devon Ke Dev Mahadev that will be registered for the record."

- Ranjini Nai

http://www.gr8mag.com/posts.php?id=3185#.VILT0AkYNpc.twitter Edited by deboleena.manna - 9 years ago
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Life OK launches its new show Mahakumbh!

With the culmination of Mahadev, Life OK presents a new show with a unique conceptMahakumbh.

Saturday, December 06, 2014 | 7:30:54 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   25 Comments  |  3449 Views

Life OK's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev which had been captivating the attention of the audience all this while for a long span of time is set to bid adieu and with this culmination the channel has paved way for a new show Mahakumbh.

The story of Mahakumbh revolves around the journey of Rudra born with extra ordinary powers. Rudra separates from his family and meets Udiya Baba who takes him to the Ghats of Varanasi where Maimui raises him with care and love. Rudra never knew about his powers but eventually he discovers the purpose of his existence which will lead him to the secret of Mahakumbh.

Popular and charming actor of television Gautam Rode will be seen playing the lead of the show. National award winner Seema Biswas will make her debut with this show. Actors like Manish WadhwaPayal Rajput, Robin Das and child actor Siddharth Nigamwill also be seen playing a pivotal role in the show.

Well the show surely makes expectation and hopes for the audience with a fresh concept

Phalguni Sharma

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Mohit Raina: Nobody wants to marry a God

Mohit Raina's portrayal of Lord Shiva in Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev made him a household name, with many people longing to worship him or touch his feet. With the show about to end soon, Mohit tells us he plans to visit Mount Kailash and thank the deity. He also spoke about why he couldn't clarify all the rumours about him and Mouni Roy, with whom he has been linked on several occasions. 

It's a mixed feeling at this juncture

It has been almost three years since Mohit has been playing this character and he says that he is relieved now. "It's been really great. It's been a wonderful journey. It's been three years since I have been playing this character. I have spent around 1000 days on this role. The first feeling that I get is of relief because I feel that I have done justice to the character. I feel that I have been able to deliver on the expectations that people had from the character of Shiva. There's also a feeling of nostalgia now that I know I won't be playing this character anymore. So, it's a mixed feeling altogether. I have become more close to Him now. As a kid, since I was born in Kashmir, I have been to the Amarnath caves. But now I understand the character of Shiva slightly better because I have spent three years playing Him," he says.

Mohit as Lord Shiva on the show

ALSO READ: Mohit Raina was the original choice for 'Maha Kumbh'

I will be visiting Mount Kailash

After the show, Mohit plans to take it easy for a couple of months. "The first thing that I am going to do is visit Mount Kailash and thank Him personally. Let's hope that I can do that. I have been working for a long time and I will take a break for a couple of months before resuming," he says.

Nobody wants to marry a God 

I don't take the credit for the success of my character

"When we started doing the show, we were clear that the approach to the character is going to be more human. He is Lord Shiva and Lord Shiva is a sexy god. The plan was to show him as being sexy. And that worked for us. I don't take the credit for the character at all. There was a huge team working behind the show. The stylist, the creative director of the show have to be credited for portraying different avatars of Lord Shiva in the show. There was a research team that was working round the clock on the story and Nikhil Sinha (producer of the show) has put in a lot of effort. The only thing I had to do was to go there and act. Our approach was always very personal and human. We always wanted to show His (Lord Shiva) relationship with his wife, son and daughter, his bhakts, his personal mood swings. That's something people loved," he says.

ALSO READ: The real struggle will begin now: Mohit 'Mahadev' Raina

I rejected a lot of show offers

Even though the actor received numerous offers during this time, he didn't take up anything apart from Mahadev. "I have done what I was supposed to do. I was given a responsibility and I have fulfilled it for three years. Yes, there were definitely lots of offers coming in. But they were coming because of the show that I was doing. I had to be very honest to the show, so it was always my first priority. Now that I am about to finish the show, I will consider other offers. For the last three years, my life and my focal point has only been Mahadev. I have done whatever I was supposed to do and now I will start thinking about other options," he said.

If any other mythological show is made at this level, I would consider it 

Mohit says that he would now only do a mythological show, if it's made at the level of Mahadev. "Is there a God superior to Mahadev? I don't think so. If there was, I would have done it. I guess, I have already played such a supreme power, so after that, if they come up with something with a great concept or a character of a God who is superior to Him, I will think about it. But as of now, there's nothing," he says.

I didn't have my phone with me while I was shooting

During these three years, there were a lot of speculations about Mohit's personal life but he never came clear on them. He says that it was because he didn't have access to his phone on the sets. "I didn't have my phone with me while I was shooting. So I couldn't take the phone and speak to the media. There were always speculation and rumours about me being married, about my link-ups, about me doing something. While I was shooting for Mahadev, I was completely dedicated to it," he says, adding, "I blame the stylist of the show for that. They never gave me a pocket in the costume to keep my phone. I even requested them but unfortunately, they didn't do that. So I know that I had to pay a heavy price for that. I was shooting in Naigaon, which is located on the Mumbai-Ahmedabad highway and has a terrible network. I can blame the highway authorities or the telephone department for not having a clear network or the stylist for not making a pocket in my costume," he adds.

I don't think I will be stereotyped as one character

In our industry, it has been seen that after viewers see actors playing divine characters, they are not able to accept them in other roles. Doesn't Mohit feel that he might also face the same situation? "You have to realise that stereotyping of actors used to happen in the 90s. Now it cannot happen. It used to happen because we only had one or two channels at that time. People today know that he's not the real God. Earlier, you really wouldn't see that person anywhere else also because there were no award ceremonies where you would see your God getting an award. But now, you see the same person in an award ceremony, sitting in normal clothes, clapping and you realise he's just playing God. Technically, you connect with them but you realise that it's just a series and I don't think that it's (the stereotyping) going to happen with me. I have had three different actresses playing my wives on the show. So the viewers know that it's not real," he adds.

There weren't any marriage proposals

While there were a lot of articles written about Mohit being the ideal husband material, he says that in these three years, he didn't get any marriage offers. "I haven't got a single marriage proposal in these three years. Nobody wants to marry a God. Once I become a human being, there will definitely be marriage proposals. Once they are there, I will definitely take them seriously. But as of now, I don't have any marriage proposals," he says.

I want to keep my personal life private

Mohit's name was linked with Mouni Roy and it's been said that the two are going to make their relationship official soon. However, he says that he wants people to respect his privacy. "I was never seen with anybody else, I was always working round the clock, so things started coming up. You must have not seen my picture with somebody else. I was only working. We used to always meet up at the events, the producer's party or at somebody's birthday party, so things started coming up. But yes, if there is something, I will definitely talk about it in future. But as of now, I know that it is very personal to me. I have always been a very private person and I want people to respect my privacy. I will keep entertaining people till the time I can," he concludes.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Mohit Raina shares a memory that made him cry

It was a nostalgic moment for the entire cast and crew of Life OK's flagship show Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev as it finally announced its culmination with the launch of its new offering Mahakumbh.

Mohit Raina, we all knew, ruled the hearts of one and all with his role of Mahadev. He got emotional at the do. "I am happy and sad too at the moment. I am sad as I won't be playing Mahadev and happy with the fact that the project has received love and appreciation," said an emotional Mohit Raina.

READ: Mohit Raina: Nobody wants to marry a God

It has been a long fruitful journey of about three years for Mohit as he played the lead character of Mahadev. On being asked to share the most memorable moment from the journey of Mahadev, Mohit said, "I remember the Maha-Shivratri puja, when the entire cast was offeringpuja to Lord Shiva in the temple and was in tears. I just can't forget that. The puja made each and every cast members cry with an overwhelming feeling."

At the moment, all we can say is that we too will miss Mahadev!

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

I am sad that I will no longer be playing Mahadev - Mohit Raina

Mohit Raina in talks with Tellybuzz shares his journey with Mahadev, his memorable moments, about association with the channel and more...

Tuesday, December 09, 2014 | 7:23:10 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   15 Comments  |  4973 Views

Mohit Raina has won millions of hearts with his commendable performance in Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev. End of Mahadev will pave the way for a new show Mahakumbh on Life OK.

Here is Mohit Raina talking about his journey with the show, about his future projects and more...

Mahadev has  been a popular show for years so share your journey being the face of the show? He answers "Well the feeling is great, I feel that I have fulfilled a huge responsibility. It's been a journey of three years which will end very soon so I am happy and sad too. Sad because no longer I will be playing Shiva and happy to realize that I have done my work efficiently."

Share one memorable moment from the journey? "One memorable moment is Mahashivrartri where all of us were literally in tears while doing Mahadev's aradhana."

Do you think the character of Shiva will constraint you to take up something different in future? "At this time I am not thinking about my future projects but I am content with what I have done. It is the makers who made me Mahadev and not me, so in future too makers will only help me to don a different character and look. I think whatever comes my way I will do that and I am expecting good roles in future."

How has your association been with Life OK as you have been working with them from the day the channel was launched? He answers "I don't feel that its an association, they are more like a family to me. They don't treat me like an actor but as a family member and I really respect them for that. Mahadev is something which will keep us together and connected in future too."

What do you have to say to your fans who have appreciated and loved your work to the core? "Thank you so much for all the love you have bestowed upon me,I think without their love I couldn't have done this. I really cant pay back their love but I will keep entertaining them till the last breath."

Phalguni Sharma

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Why you won't see Lord Shiva in a reality show

Mohit Raina in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev

It was a lifetime opportunity for an actor to get such a vast platform and play the sexiest and most powerful God.'

Mohit Raina's life admittedly changed when the titular role in Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev came his way.

After a three-year run, Life OK's hugely popular show Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev will go off air on December 14.

The drama series, based on the legends of Lord Shiva, will be replaced by the mythological thriller Mahakumbh, set in Benaras.

The concluding episode of Devon Ke Dev Mahadev will see Mahadev, played byMohit Raina, return to Kailash Parbat, leaving the materialistic world behind.

Raina talks to Rajul Hegde/ Rediff.com about the role that made him a household name, and life after Mahadev.

Will you miss acting in Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev, which made you so popular?

Definitely. I am going to miss being Shiva. It has been part of my life for three years.

It was a lifetime opportunity for an actor to get such a vast platform and play the sexiest and most powerful God.

The response has been amazing. We thought it would be a six month series. I never expected it to go on for so long.

When I look back, I feel relieved and happy that I could fulfill the huge responsibility that was given to me.

How much has playing the character of Shiva changed you as a person?

Being a Kashmiri Brahmin, I have always been close to Shiva. After doing such a vast series, I feel closer and more attached to him. I feel his hand is on me.

What was the most challenging part of the show?

It was a fine journey until Lord Shiva got married. 

It was challenging for me to establish how his relationship would be with his daughter and two sons.

Since he was the most powerful god, he had to balance his love between his devotees and his family. That was very challenging for me.

You became popular within a few months of playing the character. Was it difficult to switch off?

Honestly, I didn't know I was that popular.

I didn't even have my phone with me when I was shooting for Mahadev

I was completely dedicated to it and told my stylist to give me at least one pocket in Lord Shiva's costume so that I could keep my phone.

The shooting location was in Naigaon (on the outskirts of Mumbai) for 18-20 hours (a day), and the network was quite bad.

The first time I got to know (about my popularity) was in Haridwar, two years ago, during the Ganga Mahotsav.

With the kind of love showered on us, I realised that people have definitely accepted this character. That was a great feeling.

Mohit Raina

Image: Mohit Raina. Photograph: Abhijit Mhamunkar

The show's ratings have gone down in the last few months. Is that one of the reasons for ending it?

We have covered all the stories and chapters of Lord Shiva narrated in the Shiv Maha Puran.

There were certain stories that didn't connect that well with viewers. 

Any anecdotes about your fan following?

There have been loads of fans and every age group has a different way of expressing their love.

I have around 400-500 Shivalingas given by my fans. I have preserved them and eventually, want to do something about it. That is the kind of love the people have for me. 

Do you want to do films now?

I get calls and I have met a lot of people. I always told them that my first priority wasMahadev.

Right now, I want to spend some time with my family, which I haven't done for the longest time.

I also want to visit my hometown in Kashmir.

I want to reinvent myself and see where I stand and what is on offer.

I know there are lots of expectations from me. Let's see what will fall into my kitty.

Would you play another mythological role?

I am ready. Is there anybody bigger than Shiva? I don't think so.

I have already played a supreme power so, after that, if they come up with something with a great concept or a character of a god who is superior to him, I will think about it.

There are rumours that you are ready to participate in dance reality shows likeJhalak Dikhhla Jaa or Nach Baliye.

No, that's not true. I am a private person, not a 'reality' person. I don't connect with reality shows.

I am a creative person and happy in my zone.

You did a few television shows and a film before Devon Ke... but the character of Shiva completely changed your image.

I guess I have just been blessed by Lord Shiva. I can't say anything more than that.

I guess I was the chosen one because I was not even here (in Mumbai) when I was offered this role.

When I got a call from the makers, I said I can't come because I am in my hometown (smiles).

You have reportedly got a lot of marriage proposals?

Trust me, not even one; that's only speculation.

Till the time I don't become a human being, they are not going to accept me. For that, I guess first I have to show my real self (smiles).

What about your link-up reports with actress Mouni Roy?

I have always said that I am a private person and I want people to respect my privacy. As far as Mouni is concerned, it's been blown out of proportion.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Sonarika Bhadoria all set to make a debut in Tamil and Telugu films!

Sonarika Bhadoria, bags two regional movies in her kitty.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 | 4:39:01 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-dorums.com/TellyBuzz forums  |   0 Comments  |  28 Views

Sonarika Bhadoria, last seen as Parvati in Life OK's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev, was much acclaimed and loved by the viewers for the role and its variation that this pretty actress had given out to the viewers.

Well, a lot many think that post her stint in Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev, she may be on a sabbatical or auditioning for some other show. But she has some other plans altogether. Sonarika soon will be seen as a lead in a Tamil and a Telugu films.

Learning about this, TellyBuzz got in touch with Sonarika to know much about the same. She very excitedly said, "All this while, I have been busy with two of my South Indian films. I have done a Tamil film and the other is the Telugu film. My character in both the films are very positive. Tamil movie is named 'Indrajith' and it is produced under the banner of  'V Creations'. The actor opposite me in the movie is Gautham Karthik. Coming to my Telugu movie, the title is yet to be finalized and it is produced under the banner of 'Saathiya' and directed by Yogi. The lead opposite me in this movie is Naga Shourya. I am essaying the role of an intern in a hospital in the Telugu movie. Besides this, I am also in talks with a Bollywood film but since it is at a very nascent stage, cannot reveal anything about it."

Well Sonarika, this is surely a huge jump from television to movies!

TellyBuzz wishes Sonarika Bhadoria all the luck for her future endeavors.

Upasana Patel