Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Love is the purest thing, beyond physical attribute and beyond culmination : Mohit Raina

Mohit Raina, born in a Kashmiri Pandit family, was among the top five contestants in Grasim Mister India 2005. Switching form modeling to acting, the handsome actor has come a long way from Antariksh' to Mahadev', which made him an overnight star. In a chat with Just ShowBiz, he spoke about his charater, career, likes, dislikes and much more.

Mohit Raina 1

Excerpts:

From a fantasy like Antariksh' to the Mythological Mahadev', do you think you suit more for such larger than life characters?

Both are different genre shows and can't be compared. What matters is the platform and opportunity. Freedom to perform is important. There is lot of power in the character emotionally as well as physically and what reflects on-screen favours thecharacter and the mix of emotions shown on screen is done in a grand way.

Different people attribute different reasons to your phenomenal success as Mahadev'. But what do you personally think is the reason behind you creating such an impact?

If you look like the character, it works for the show. My shoulders, sharp features, my eyes, looks, all contributed and it was half the battle won as I looked the character. As per the producer Nikhil Sinha and the channel, I was the right choice. Thecharacter has such depth and power that if anyone else would have got the opportunity, he would have also created the same impact.

How did Mahadev' happen to you?

I was approached, auditioned and I fitted the bill. It nearly took a month. There were lot of look tests. Many people were considered for the role and I was a contender too. I went through regular casting procedures.

Initially when you were offered this role, did you instantly think that it will hit the nail for you or did you realize the true potential of the role gradually as the shoots began?

Initially I had no clue. I had not imagined the character would be accepted in such a big way. Gradually as the script progressed, I realized the potential and which way to follow. We were talking a deity not some ordinary person. With time I connected with the character and so did the world.

Mohit Raina 2

Do you prepare for your roles? If so, what were your special preparations for Mahadev'?

Preparation depends upon the requirement of the role. I was aware that a certain kind of physicality was needed so I worked out accordingly. I had been a devotee of Lord Shiva so I was drawn towards the character.

While Portraying such an iconic character, you should look convincing for the image people have about thecharacter. What were your thoughts when you saw yourself as Lord Shiva'?

It was a long day. Many people were seeing the get up. Lots of noise was happening on the set. As soon as I got ready, there was absolute silence for a moment and I realized that I fit the bill. I looked different and I didn't know how to react as I was in the get up of God..

Did you develop a special body language for it?

The character demanded a lot of self-control in mannerism, no blinking and no fast movements. I had to work on myself.

What were your main apprehensions the moment before your very first shot as Mahadev?

It was a special day. Work was going on the set, first floor was being constructed. There was jungle and my first reaction was how are we going to shoot here? I was against the chroma. I was delivering the lines and I was told to look below the eyes as Mahadev was God. When Nikhil Sinha told me "you are god and will be shown of 18 feet", I was like I am only six feet tall and who will see the real Mohit?

What was your first scene? What was the reaction of those around you after its done? How many takes did you take to get it right? 

I had to be present in front of the Dakksh. There was chrome and hardly ten people around. In one take the scene was Okayed. I went to the director and producer Nikhil Sinha thinking he must have got upset and would ask to pack up and subsequent break for few days. But he told me it's perfect.

Mohit Raina 4

What was your reaction when you saw the first episode?

After the first episode I felt unhappy, I wanted lot of changes and felt that I need to improve a lot.

When did you realize for the first time that you as Mahadev' connected so well with the audience?

I was at the launch party thrown by Producer Nikhil Sinha. My face was not shown yet as it was a last minute entry. I was standing in the corner where someone was asking me to pass the plate, glass. As soon as the episode got over, everyone started pointing the boy standing in the corner is Mahadev. In that fraction of a moment, I got hundred plus reactions from people. I realized it had an impact which will only grow with each day.

Have you been mobbed? If so, tell us where and how?

I have bee mobbed many times. I was at the petrol pump. I was relaxing inside my car. People entered my car asked for photograph and autographs. I realized they felt they owe the character and were lavish in their affection.

Any crazy fan experience?

An old person from Punjab kept on waiting for me in front of the lift when I had gone to Haridwar for Mahadev Ganga mahautsav.  The old man was in tears on seeing me. I realized that day that the people are so attached to the character. Lot of faith, love and respect is there for the character.

What traits does Mohit Raina share with Mahadev'?

Both of them love kids and have lots of patience.

Mohit Raina 3

What is it that's totally different?

I am a human being he is God. The character is big and is like a Universe.

Do you carry the character home? Has it changed you or your behaviour in anyway since you started portraying it? 

I don't take the character home. I live a normal life. I haven't changed as a person. People's perception has changed.

We have been receiving unending letters from your fans who want to know the man behind the image. Could you please tell us about how the little Mohit was in the earliest days - introvert? Extrovert? A brat? Docile? Prankster? Or what?

I was naughty and used to indulge in pranks too. While growing up, I became an introvert. I was a normal child who grew up and studied in Jammu and Kashmir. I used to play snooker. I was fond of listening to the air which comes out when you prick a tire. I wouldn't run away but stand and listen to that sound and got scolded for it a lot.

How was the atmosphere at home? Rigid? Or open enough to let you do your own thing? What were the Do's & Don'ts you had to follow?

I was brought up in a happy environment with a lot of freedom. My mother Dura Raina worked in central government and my father Udesh Raina was a doctor.

When were you aware that there is an actor in you? Did the mirror tell you that you are acting material?

I was in class 8th or 9th when I developed an interest in acting. I had no idea how to go about it. I sent application for Grasim Mr. India just for formality without any expectation. I thought I was getting a chance, so I took it up and started modeling. I am a person who likes to emote and I realized there was an actor in me. So, I decided to switch to acting. My first break was Chehra' produced by Yash Patnaik who has Veera' and Mein Na Bhoolugi' on air right now. In Chehra' I had a role of aregular guy who lives according to the circumstances.

mohitraina_251013

Did you do any stage shows while studying?

No, I didn't do any stage. I must have done little bit in school as a regular extracurricular activity.

What triggered the decision to take to acting as a profession?

After modeling I decided to try acting as I like to emote.

Did you struggle or go through the usual humiliations that are the destiny of strugglers?

I didn't struggle a lot but it's just that the shows I did were not doing well. It was regular auditions and meetings. My breaks in acting were not forced but were by choice depending upon my needs and wants.

Your first few serials didn't quite work. Did that make you desperate or frustrated ever? Or you are just an out & out optimist?

I was always getting work but somehow my shows were not doing well. One of the shows I was doing shut down once. I called up makers and asked what has happened. I was explained that when you go to a restaurant, a menu is provided and our menu was not liked by the audiences. At that very moment I thought one day I will make such a good menu with the best ingredients which will be loved by the world. My inside intention got manifested in real life. I am an optimist. Good or bad whatever happens, happens for a reason and one must live on. Live life one day at a time.

Are you a director's actor? Or you like to be left alone in approaching a scene?

I am a director's actor.

180973-mohit-raina-as-shiv-in-devon-ke-dev-mahadev.jpg

In case, your point of view differs from that of the Director's about a shot or a scene, do you put your foot down or submit to his approach? And why?

I do express my viewpoint when I feel but I go with what director wants. Director's vision is important and I follow that.

Tell us about your best scene so far in Mahadev'?

The Lori sequence with Bal Ganesh. I experienced the quality of being a good father.

Tell us a scene that was difficult to do and required extra effort on your part?

Jalandhar's face off. The double role bit was difficult.

Tell us a scene that you enjoyed most?

Scene with Nandi (Kumar Hegde). One-on-one scenes with him used to turn out really well.

Do you ever fear being stereotyped as a Mytho' actor?

Actors are actors at the end of the day. I can do justice to other roles also.

Do you look forward to the Big Screen? If that happens, will TV be just a past thing for you? What does films have that TV doesn't?

TV is where I am. I am what I am because of TV. I am a huge believer of TV and I respect the medium and give my best. In case of films, you get a lot of time for the character, medium is large and there is more responsibility. Whereas in TV, we are always running against time and sometimes have to compromise. All film actors are on TV in one way or the other. Film actors are icons and TV actors are characters.

mahadev Mohit

What are the 3 most important things for you in life?

My family, My work and being a good human being.

If God grants you 3 wishes, what would they be?

Give me an opportunity to see how Denzel Washington prepares to act, to make everyone happy through my work and all my wishes should be fulfilled.

What is your take on love, marriage being the only culmination, live-in? What do you prefer?

Love is something one lives for. It's the purest thing and the oxygen of life. It is everything, beyond physical attribute, beyond culmination. It may mean different to different people. Love can't be tagged in any category.  Living in is a personal choice. Live and let live. I am living in with Brahma and Vishnu is on my my mind (laughs).

Tell us what Mohit Raina likes the most?

He is a foodie and loves Rajma chawal.

What is it that you don't like?

He doesn't know how to balance personal and professional life.

Give a piece of advice to Mohit Raina?

You have only one life. So, chill and relax.

How would you define yourself in one word?

A dreamer.

Mohit-Raina-Career

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

I have asked a remote control car from my parents for Children' Day! - Sadhil Kapoor

Sadhil Kapoor, currently seen in Disney Channel's Captain Tiao speaks with TellyBuzz in this candid chat about his Children's Day plans, fond memories and much more.

Friday, November 14, 2014 | 6:28:39 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   1 Comments  |  309 Views

It is the kids day today as children all over spend their day in all excitement and joy. As promised by TellyBuzz, we are back again with another special child artist who have managed and succeeded in all way to make a name for himself. Rose to fame by Lord Ganesha in Life OK's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev and currently seen in Disney Channel's Captian Tiao, Sadhil Kapoor.

In this candid chat with Sadhil, he speaks about his Children's Day plans, fond memories and much more. Read on and Have Fun!

Talking about his excitement for Children's Day, he speaks, "I am extremely excited for Children's Day. Not just that, I have already asked what I want on this Children's Day from my parents. I have asked for a remote control car from them."

When asked about managing shoot and studies he says, "For me, it is very easy to manage both as I have to shoot for Captain Tiao just five-six days a month."

Any memorable thing which was very close to Sadhil's heart in his school? He avers, "One thing that happened recently with me is that my school principal came up to me and told me that I am a fan of yours. She further went on to say that if you are shooting with Salman Khan any day, ask him to shoot in our school. That compliment from Principal ma'am is very precious to me."

Does Sadhil miss out on childhood fun whilst busy shooting? "Not really. If I have early morning 6:00 am or 7:00 am call time, I get free from my shoot very soon, say by afternoon. Later in the day, I get time for myself."

So what are Sadhil's plans for today? "I have made up a lot many plans for myself today. I will be meeting all my friends today and will be spending one entire day with them. It is just going to be awesome."

TellyBuzz wishes Sadhil Kapoor a Happy Children's Day!

Upasana Patel

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Young Gannu Bappa Sadhil Kapoor on his movie Jalpat!

Sadhil Kapoor who rose to fame with Ganesh's character in life OK's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadevand now seen in Captain Tiao speaks about his upcoming movie Jalpat and much more about his character in the film.

Saturday, November 15, 2014 | 1:33:18 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   1 Comments  |  71 Views

We have most of the times seen Television adults who made their debut on the small screen have reached greater heights by making their Bollywood debut. Besides these, we have also seen actors dabbling between films and television shows. Well, seldom we get to see television kids featuring in movies.

The next on the list of these young talented kids is none other than our baby gannu bappa Sadhil Kapoor. He soon will be seen in a movie starring seasoned actors like Irfaan Khan and many more.

When asked Sadhil about his movie and the character in the same, he averred, "Along with Captain Tiao, I am doing a movie named Jalpat wherein I will be seen essaying a comic character. The peculiar thing about my role is that he repeats every single word twice like are are kya kya kar kar raha raha hai hai. I have got an opportunity to share the screen space with veteran actors like Irrfan Khan, Jimmy Shergil. There is this one more guy in the movie who's friend's character I am playing in the film. Jalpat is directed by Nishikant Kamath who has also directed movies like Lai Bhari, Force. My character is entirely and out and out a comedy character."

Well must say Sadhil, you have a long long way to go kid!

Keep reading this space for more details on your favorite actors and shows.

Upasana Patel

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

My experience of playing a pilot has been wonderful in Diya Aur Baati Hum - Romanch Mehta

TV actor Romanch Mehta who is seen in Life OK's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev talks about working with Shashi Sumeet Mittal Productions and more with us.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 | 6:23:26 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   4 Comments  |  2295 Views

Actor Romanch Mehta who has acted in many TV shows, is currently seen in Life OK's popular show Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev. Recently he shot for a cameo in Star Plus' Diya Aur Baati Hum and the actor is glad to be a part of Shashi Sumeet's production house. In conversation with us he shares his experience of working with Shashi Sumeet and much more...

Says Romanch, "It's been a brilliant experience shooting with such a renowned production house. The entire team was very co-operative and I am having good time shooting for this show."

He further adds, "I usually don't do cameo roles and always have been a part of episodic and  some of the prominent roles. But Diya Aur Baati Hum is one of the popular shows and I have never worked with Sashi Sumeet Sir so I didn't want to miss this big opportunity to work with such a great production team."

Talking about his character he says, "I am playing a role of Pilot whose name is Ravi Sharma and my character will run for a month. I am enjoying my part in the show."

The actor has been associated with an event named Miss Goa for more than 10 years. Speaking about the same Romanch says,  "This is the eleventh year of the Miss Goa event and I am proud to be associated with the even from past 10 years. My part is to execute, direct and choreograph the event. A training session takes place for three days and the fourth day is the final day for announcing Miss Goa."

Scarlett Rose who is seen in MTV India's popular show Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan was the first runner up the same Miss Goa event held in 2011.

Aakruti Damani

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Powerful Men of TV!

On the occasion of International Men's Day, we feature actors who have shown their powerful side in their shows on TV.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 | 8:05:08 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   9 Comments  |  4440 Views

On the occasion of International Men's Day, we feature actors who have shown their powerful side in their shows on TV.

Let's see who are these TV actors -

Mohit Raina seen as Mahadev in Life OK's mythological show Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev. His  enigmatic personality and a powerful screen presence makes the audience go crazy. His Mahadev's character has won him many accolades.

Ronit Roy who is seen in Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyaar on Sony TV has been praised for his impeccable acting skills. His versatile acting skills have been applauded by the masses.

Talented actor Anoop Soni currently hosting the crime based show Crime Patrol on Sony TV is associated with the show since a long time now. His exceptional hosting skills have made him win many awards and gain success for his commendable performance.

Handsome hunk Mohit Malik seen as Samrat in Zee TV show Doli Armaanon Ki plays an antagonist in the show where he is shown to be a male chauvinistic and egoistic person who only thinks of insulting and demeaning his wife Urmi (Neha Marda)

Sushant Singh is the host of another crime based show Savdhaan India - India Fights Backon Life OK. The show is based on the real life crime stories in India and Sushant has stood out in the show with his brilliant acting and approach to educate people about their safety from the crimes around them.  

TellyBuzz wishes our readers a Happy International Men's Day!

Aakruti Damani

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Sadhil Kapoor excited to shoot for his second film Meet The Patels!

Talented child artist Sadhil Kapoor bags a second film in his kitty titled as Meet The Patels.

Monday, November 24, 2014 | 1:42:46 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   0 Comments  |  100 Views

Looks like television is indeed becoming a stepping stone for not only TV actors but also for child actors. Talented child actor Sadhil Kapoor who received appreciation for his stint in Life OK's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev as young Ganesh is all set to spread his wings and shine on the silver screen yet again.

Sadhil who is already winning the hearts of the viewers through his hosting skills in the much loved show Captain Tiao, is all set to be seen in another film titled as Meet The Patels. This child actor already has a film in his kitty titled as Jalpat. 

Meet The Patels is produced by Krian Media and has been directed by Saurabh Verma. The film will go on the floors by March 2015.

Apart from Sadhil other actors who have been roped in to play important characters are Shiv Pandit who was applauded for his acting skills in the film Shaitaan and Bollywood's bad manRanjeet too will be seen in the film.

When contacted Sadhil to know his shooting experience he says, "I have shot with Ranjeet Sir and he is a brilliant actor to work with. Though I have shot for two days, I enjoyed shooting a comic scene with him."

Well must say Sadhil, you have a long long way to go!

Aakruti Damani

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Mugdha Shah to enter Sasural Simar Ka!

The popular actress has been roped in to play a positive character in Colors' popular showSasural Simar Ka...

Monday, November 24, 2014 | 1:52:19 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   3 Comments  |  669 Views

Actress Mugdha Shah who was last seen in Ek Ghar Banaunga and Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev, has been roped in to play the character of Ammaji in Colors' popular show Sasural Simar Ka.

Our source informed us, "Roli (Avika Gor) and Simar (Dipika Samson) will be visiting a village where they will meet Ammaji (to be played by Mugdha Shah). It's a positive character who is fighting for the welfare of women of the village. She is a well educated lady. Roli and Simar will meet her in the village and together they will take a stand against the evil happening with those  women of the village."

When contacted Mugdha, she confirmed the news saying, "Yes, I am doing the show and I am playing a very positive character. I have started shooting for the show from today onwards."

Keep reading this space for more updates. 

Anwesha Kamal

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Priyanca Thakare roped in to play Suyasha in Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev!

The pretty actress will soon be entering Life OK's popular mytho series Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 | 1:15:56 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   0 Comments  |  98 Views

Actress Priyanca Thakare, who was recently seen in Sony Pal's mythological series Singhasan Battisi will soon be entering Nikhil Sinha's popular mythological show Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev on Life OK.

Our source informed us, "Priyanca has been roped in to play the character of Suyasha who is the daughter of Vayudev. In the storyline, Nandi (Kumar Hegde) is narrating his wedding story to everyone where he reveals that Mahadev decides that Nandi should get married now Suyasha but he is not willing to get married, so Suyasha convinces him to fulfill Mahadev's wish. Eventually he converses with Mahadev (Mohit Raina) and Parvati (Suhasi Dhami) and they make him understand about the importance of marriage. Finally they will get married."

When contacted Priyanca, she confirmed the news saying, "Its my second mythological show and it's a wonderful experience working with everyone on the set. They are good and co-operative people to work with. I have got to learn a lot. Doing a mytho show is very difficult as you have to be accurate with your dialogues, body language, etc. However, it's a nice experience."  

Keep reading this space for more updates. 

Anwesha Kamal

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

...Mahadev has a new track

By Priyanka Bhadani

While speculation have been rife about Life OK's ...Mahadev going off air since last year, buzz is that a new track will be added, to the show before the curtain-call. The channel wants to give it as big a closure as the show has been.
Ajit Thakur, General Manager and Business Head Life OK, said that the show will end on a high note and in an interesting way. "We will end it with all the members of the Shiva-Parvati family together," he said, without revealing any more details.
However, for the time being, there's a new track in the show that will revolve around Mahadev (Mohit Raina) and Parvati (Suhasi Dhami). This particular track also requires cameos and popular actress Ulka Gupta and Ankur Nayyar have been roped in to play the roles of Kanyakumari and Kraunch respectively.
Talking about the track, a source from the production house states, "Kanyakumari will be the teenage avatar of Parvati. She will be like a spitfire, with lot of gumption. As for Ankur, he will play the character of Kraunch, son of Himavat and brother of Parvati. Kraunch aspires to become the biggest mountain and will want to inherit all the powers of his father."

- See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/screen/mahadev-has-a-new-track/#sthash.5CJfkyuE.dpuf

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

The real struggle will begin now: Mohit Mahadev' Raina

Neha Maheshwri,TNN | Dec 2, 2014, 12.00 AM IST

The real struggle will begin now: Mohit Mahadev' Raina
Mohit Raina

He may have reigned supreme as the God of small screen, but Mohit Raina is now set to shed his divine avatar for a human one. Nikhil Sinha's mythological show Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev, which has him playing Lord Shiva is ending on December 14. Is he going to miss the show that made him a household name? "I have spent almost 1000 days playing Mahadev. So, I feel a connection with the character and am emotionally drawn to it. I am feeling a little sad and jittery as the show is about to wrap up, but at the same time, I am relieved that I could live up to people's expectations," he says. 

While the show garnered good numbers for a long time, the ratings had dipped in the past few months. Is that the reason why it is being pulled off? Mohit explains, "We have covered all stories and chapters of Lord Shiva narrated in Shiv Maha Puran. People loved stories of the Lord's relationship with his wife, sons and devotees. However, there were certain tales, which couldn't connect that well. It's a big task maintaining the numbers." 

After this one, is he willing to play a mythological character again? "I have no qualms about it, but the role has to be a level higher than what I have done already. I don't think that's possible as Shiva is the supreme God," he replies. 

Mohit plans to take it easy for a couple of months before resuming work. He says, "I want to explore everything. To play Mahadev, Mohit had to take a back seat. The character has been accepted, not the actor. My journey has just started and the struggle, in true sense, will begin now. I would like to reinvent myself and surprise the audience with my next show. I have to live up to their belief and faith in me." 

And what's happening on the personal front? "I have never commented on it. I will do it when the time is right," he smiles. What about marriage proposals that he had been getting from his fans in the last few years? "They were attracted to the character, not the actor," the actor sums up.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/tv/news/The-real-struggle-will-begin-now-Mohit-Mahadev-Raina/articleshow/45336860.cms
Edited by deboleena.manna - 9 years ago