Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Bharti Singh and Kratika Sengar celebrate their birthdays today!!

Comedian Bharti Singh and beautiful Kratika Sengar turn a year older today and shares their excitement with Tellybuzz.

Thursday, July 03, 2014 | 7:32:29 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   95 Comments  |  2869 Views

Pretty Kratika Sengar who is seen in Life OK's popular show Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev turned a year older today. As it known that Kratika is all set to tie the knot with Nikitin Dheer, it will be her last spinster birthday which she wants to celebrate to the fullest. For this joyous occasion she has taken 3 days off from her work. 

TellyBuzz contacted Kratika to know more about her birthday plans and more...

An elated Kratika says, "Since the time I came to Bombay I am just shooting on my every birthdays. This time too I was supposed to shoot but I took a three days break this time as it is very special for me now because this birthday will be my last birthday as a Spinster. There will be a continuous party happening to celebrate this special day which is why I have taken an off.  Many of my friends have joined in and today one more surprise is waiting for me. So I am very much excited about my  birthday this year."

When asked Kratika to share her most memorable birthday she recollects and says, "I remember one of my birthdays, it's not memorable but hatke one. As all my friends were shooting so I thought they will come to surprise me but they all disappointed me, instead of coming they sent a cake at my home which made me furious. Then I went to bandstand with the cake and kept it in my car's dicky and I alone cut the cake, and then returned back at home."

Further she shares one wish she desires to fulfill by saying, "I want to control my patience level as I am very impatient which I feel should improve in me in the coming year."

Besides Kratika Sengar, we also have someone very popular and extremely sweet celebrating her birthday today. Yes! Bharti Singh, the ultimate comedian and this really naughty lady turns a year older today. On this very special day of Bharti, we got in touch with her to wish her and also to know about her birthday plans.

She shares with us about her special plans on this very special day.

"Today on my birthday, I am celebrating it at home. Most of the time I am out busy shooting, so being at home is in itself a very special thing for me. I had cut a cake at midnight and brought in my birthday with a bang. Also, today some really yummy delicacies were made for me. My sister made halwa for me."

According to Bharti, it is a Diamond Day' instead of Birthday. Why?

"Diamond Day because today everyone is just gifting me diamonds. My brother and my mother gifted me diamond earrings whereas my sister gifted me a diamond ring."

Must say Bharti you are quite a lucky girl. And has to be after all you are everyone's favorite,haina?

Anything you would like to tell your fans?

"Keep laughing. Be happy. And if in case I have hurt you guys in anyway then I am really sorry. It was all in comedy and not intentionally."

Well Bharti, you definitely are having a ball of a time. TellyBuzz wishes the birthday girls a very Happy Birthday and all the good luck and success for future!

Upasana Patel

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

"Mouni and I have been good friends before Mahadev!" - Puja Banerjee

Pretty actress Puja Banerjee who have won the hearts of the masses through her performances on Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 7, talks about coming out as a consistent winner after the face off and much more in conversation with TellyBuzz.

Friday, July 04, 2014 | 6:45:38 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   35 Comments  |  7614 Views

This pretty petite actress who claimed her fame through Life OK's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev, speaks about her ongoing stint onColors Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 7, about her encounter with different dance styles, her toughest contenders and much more in this exclusive chat with TellyBuzz. Read on to know more about her!

What made you to opt for a reality show likeJhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 7?

As far as reality shows are concerned, I have not done any till now. And I chose to do a dance reality show specifically because it does not have any physical and mind boggling task involved in it. Shows which have stunts in it to perform are just not my cup of tea. Dance reality shows are not dangerous also. My second reason of taking up a dance show is I love dance and I didn't have to think twice before participating for a dance show. And thirdly, I always wanted to get into mainstream Bollywood. So what better opportunities to show case your talent than Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 7? Moreover, I want my viewers to know me as Puja Banerjee.

You have your co actor Mouni Roy as one of the contestants. Do you find her your competition?

Mouni and I have been good friends even before Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev happened to me. As far as my competition in Jhalak is concerned, I feel all of them are my competition. Mouni Roy,Shakti MohanAkshat Singh are some of the fantabulous dancers we have on Jhalak this season. We have a variety here to showcase to our audiences' and also this time the judges have become stricter and the concepts, dance forms which we are given are also very rarely seen on Indian dance reality shows.

What are you expecting yourself doing on the Jhalak stage?

Till now I have tried my hand on dance forms like Contemporary, Bollywood and Tollywood. Judges commented good for my Tollywood performance. For this week, I have taken up Kali as my dance form. Rajit (Puja's choreographer) thought since I have already done this for Mahadev, it would not be very difficult for me to cope up with this dance form. This dance form is new and is very different than the forms which audiences' have seen till now. It needs a lot of strength and energy and people think twice before taking up a dance form like this. It is very much Indian.

Who do you think is your toughest competitor?

I find Akshat Singh my toughest competitor. He is the cutest and very adorable. He had done a Bollywood dance which had dialogues incorporated in it. I keep teasing him on sets sayinghello, Devi Prasad hai kya? (Laughs aloud). At his age, we were not even close to him what he is doing today. He is an extremely talented boy.

There were media reports saying you have bid adieu to Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev. What was your reason behind leaving the show?

No! I haven't left Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev. It is just that I am not able to give much time to the show so the makers of the show brought in the Bhilini Devi track. The channel and the production house have been extremely supportive and they understand my problem of time constraints.

How was your experience dancing in front of an international judge Maksim Chmerkovskiy?

It is our good fortune that we got an opportunity to showcase our talent in front of such a talented dancer and choreographer. Recently Rajit and I had performed on Tollywood and he liked it so much that he thanked us for introducing him to new dance style which he does not know of.

We have observed over the period of time that you give your best shot only when you are in the face off. Why so?

Hahaha! That is not true. Nobody wants to get into the face off round. We just make sure that we do not get nervous while we are performing and get under pressure. I just go and perform what Rajat has taught me without thinking of what will happen in the face off round.

But according to me, my best performance was of the first week.

In this 13 week long journey of Jhalak, how far are you seeing yourself?

I wish I atleast be on Jhalk for six weeks, atleast half the journey. But all of this also depends on luck. Like for instance, Lauren Gottlieb is an amazing dancer and she gave some exceptional performances on the Jhalak stage but she did not win. So yeah! Let's see how far I go.

While this is what Puja had to tell us in this exclusive chat, we also spoke to Rajit and this is what he has to say -

This is your first season on Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa. Do you feel this is a drawback to you?

Yes definitely this is my first season but I do not feel this is a drawback for me. I have pretty good experience. I was the fourth runner up of Star Plus's Just Dance and also have worked with choreographers like Vaibhavi Merchant.

What do you have to say about Puja and her performances?

She is a good dancer. She feels I am strict. But I am strict only while we are working otherwise all good (smiles). Our first episode was not the best but it was good. Judges came to know about her strength which is her flexibility. She showed up in the second week and improved a lot from the first week. Slowly and gradually she will see herself growing from'A' to Z'.

Well, TellyBuzz wishes Puja and Rajat all the good luck for their stint on Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa Season 7.

Upasana Patel

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

'There are no more hidden tales in Devon Ke Dev'

Mohit Raina

After Bade Achche Lagte Hain, it appears that another popular television show is coming to an end.

Devon Ke Dev Mahadev apparently is drawing to a conclusion, and the channel Life OK seems to be looking for a proper closure for the genre-defining mythological serial.

To his credit, its protagonist Mohit Raina, one of the most popular actors on TV, doesn't deny that the series is indeed running out of time.

"I suppose there is a time and place for everything," says Mohit. "Our series has been telling the story with great success. But now I feel we've explored every aspect of Mahadev's saga. There are no more hidden tales."

Mohit says the TRPs for the series are stable. "We have a staunch and solid audience. In-between I admit the episodes went through an identity crisis and we faced a slump. But now, we are on firm grounds again. Given the constraints of the medium, our writers are doing a fine job."

The decision on the serial's fate is now left to the channel.

"It's an official call," Mohit says. "I am doing my job even now as sincerely as I have always done. For me, playing Mahadev has been the biggest challenge, honour and satisfaction. Even if the series goes off air, I'll continue to conduct myself with the same dignity and spiritual sincerity as I have been doing while playing the role."

Mohit says living up to his fans' expectations constantly does get a little intimidating. "But the rewards are far greater than the minor discomforts. At a time when mythologicals were considered obsolete, Devon Ke Dev Mahadev revived the genre."

The question is, what would Mohit do next? He admits another mythological is a possibility. "The problem is, Mahadev is the Supreme Being, the Ultimate God. I've already played the Supreme Power. After one climbs the Himalayan peak, one can only go down from there. Any thing I do, any God I play would be a climb-down."

That's also the reason why a transition from television to films will not be easy for Mohit. "I am getting several movie offers but I have to be very particular about what I do. I am sure the audience that looks on me as a Mahadev knows that at the end of the day, I am an actor playing a God. But that doesn't exonerate me from a social responsibility. If I do a film, it will have to be something as dignified as Rang De Basanti," he says.

http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/there-are-no-more-hidden-tales-in-devon-ke-dev/20140709.htm?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Television's Top 10 Actors

Last updated on: July 08, 2014 18:35 IST

Mohit Raina in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev

We took a look at television's top 10 shows, and the top actresses.

Here's looking at the most popular actors on television, in no particular order.

Mohit Raina

Mohit Raina, who plays Lord Shiva in the mythological Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, struck the right chord with audiences.

He became the new age Shiva, and was hugely appreciated. He has made God look more than just a divine being.

Please click Next to see more.

Image: Mohit Raina in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev

http://www.rediff.com/movies/slide-show/slide-show-1-televisions-top-10-actors/20140708.htm
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

http://www.magnamags.com/health-nutrition/celeb-secrets/Check-Out-the-God-of-Hot-Bods%E2%80%94Mohit-Rainas-Fitness-Secrets/4694
Edited by deboleena.manna - 9 years ago
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Mohit Raina was the original choice for 'Maha Kumbh'

Tejashree Bhopatkar,TNN | Jul 15, 2014, 04.58 PM IST
TOI is constantly reporting about Life OK's upcoming show 'Maha Kumbh' and its finalised star cast. And now we have received an interesting information that Gautam Rode was not the only one considered to play the lead. The makers were actually confused between two actors.
So any idea... who was the other choice to play the protagonist along with Gautam? Well! that was none other than our own Mahadev.

READ: Gautam Rode to quit Saraswatichandra; roped in for Mahakumbh?

Yes! you read it right. Mohit Raina was also considered to play the lead. "The makers were confused between Mohit Raina and Gautam Rode. In fact a smaller part of the pilot shoot of the show was done by Mohit and not Gautam. But the channel has finalised on Gautam," said a source.

On the contrary, for Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev, Gautam Rode was considered to play Mahadev but Mohit Raina bagged the role.

Both Mohit Raina and Gautam Rode remained unavailable for comments.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/tv/news/Mohit-Raina-was-the-original-choice-for-Maha-Kumbh/articleshow/38426870.cms
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev to go off air; Krishna replaces this mytho!

Life OK's extremely popular drama and TRP gaining show Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev soon to go off air; another mythological show Krishna to replace Mahadev.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 | 6:30:11 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   14 Comments  |  4830 Views

Life OK's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev is all ready to say a final goodbye to the audiences. With Life OK revamping its entire channel, some big budget shows lined up, Life OK is known for bringing in new concept for the show and also running shows not more than a year. Mahadev is the only show on Life OK which has a run time of more than a year. 

When spoken to Jatin Lalwani who plays Indradev regarding Mahadev going off air, he utters, "I have absolutely no clue about this development. I have only heard of show going off air through the media reports which has come out. Besides Mahadev, I am also shooting for Laut Aao Trisha and Mahadev cut - to - cut. So I do not really get the time to speak and gossip on the sets."

Our much reliable source from the channel tells us that this mythological show Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev will be replaced by another mythological show named 'Krishna'. 

Our sources also goes on to say that earlier 'Durga' was supposed to replace Dev Ko Dev. Mahadev, but Krishna has taken the slot.

Till we find out more details on the upcoming shows, you guys keep reading this space for more updates.

Upasana Patel

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Mohit Raina To Return To Life Ok After Mahadev!

Mohit Raina seems to be a favorite of Life OK. As a mythological hero, Mohit Raina not only garnered the much required TRPs for the channel but has kept Devon Ke Dev Mahadev at the top of Life OK's list. Whether it be a marketing strategy or a luck of the draw, Life OK has not had a show run for more than a year and a half on the channel. More...

http://www.fuzionproductions.com/mohit-raina-return-life-ok-mahadev/

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Mahadev to go off air soon, Mohit Raina bags Life OK's next!

Tejashree Bhopatkar,TNN | Jul 16, 2014, 05.22 PM IST
inShare
More
A
A
Mahadev to go off air soon, Mohit Raina bags Life OK's next!
Mohit Raina
It's time for Life OK to celebrate as the channel is amongst the top three channels in the GRP race. It seems like the NOW awards which airs every month and Life OK's strategy of giving something different other then kitchen politics has worked out in their favour.

The channel is ready with a fresh line up of shows that will take the channel to the other level. With the fresh line up, it's time for the old show to bid adieu to the channel. Life OK has never kept any of their shows on air for more than a year except Mahadev. But if sources are to be believed, Mahadev which was about to go off air in the month of January 2014 will finally go off within three months from now (16th July, 2014).

With this we have come across one more exclusive piece of news. Our credible source has informed that Mohit Raina aka Mahadev, who ruled millions of hearts in the past few years has bagged Life OK's another show called Krishna.

The show is being produced by Nikhil Sinha (the makers of Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev) and will go on floor a few months later. Life OK has already lined up another show titled Maha Kumbh which is set to go on air by October this year. Probably Mohit Raina's next show Krishna will also hit the screens by the end of this year.
Keep reading the space to know more exclusive updates on Life OK's new offering, Krishna.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/news/Mahadev-to-go-off-air-soon-Mohit-Raina-bags-Life-OKs-next/articleshow/38488314.cms?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=toitv
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Mohit Raina roped in to play Krishna

Thu, July 17, 2014 5:50am UTC by Letty Mariam Abraham
Add first Comment
Mohit Raina roped in to play Krishna

The actor's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev is set to end soon

Mohit Raina became a household name ever since he agreed to play Lord Shiva in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev. The show produced by Nikhil Sinha, who also has been producing Hatim, is ending on July 16.

Well Nikhil Sinha is not yet ready to bid adieu to Mohit. Rumour mills suggest that the producer has roped in Mohit for his next show - Krishna. The show revolving around the naughty deity will narrate stories of his wonders, powers and enemies.

Apparently, Mohit has not yet confirmed and signed on the dotted line for Krishna. We wonder after playing Mahadev will the actor be able to give Krishna any justice. We are eagerly waiting to see the dishy actor aren't you BollywoodLifers?