Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Nobody can imagine anyone else as Mahadev other than Mohit Raina

Vijaya Tiwari,TNN | Mar 12, 2014, 07.45 PM IST

TV actress Rajshree Thakur, who became a household name as Saloni in Saat Phere and is currently seen in historical show Maharana Pratap loves watching mythological saga 'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev' and is all praises for small screen's Mahadev Mohit Raina.

READ: Why did Mohit Raina skip special Holi party?

"Though I have been a part of TV industry, I hardly watch TV but whenever I get time I watch Devon Ke Dev Mahadev. Its one of my favourite TV shows. I think it is a well made show with a perfect balance of everything. Whether it is the cast, costume or direction everything is good," says the actress.

Rajshree, feels that nobody can imagine anyone else as Shiva other than Mohit, "I think it's a fabulous show and the actor who is playing Mahadev is amazing. I think nobody can imagine anyone else as Mahadev other than Mohit Raina. It is not very often that we see that a actor is made for a role and I feel the role of Mahadev is made for Mohit and he is made for the role," said the actress.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/tv/news-interviews/Nobody-can-imagine-anyone-else-as-Mahadev-other-than-Mohit-Raina/articleshow/31902127.cms

Edited by deboleena.manna - 10 years ago
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Why did Mohit Raina skip special Holi party?

IANS | Mar 12, 2014, 05.32 PM IST

Mohit Raina, the star of Life OK's flagship show "Devon Ke Dev Mahadev", skipped a special Holi celebration party organised by the channel recently. His absence from the event raised many questions. 

If a source is to be believed, the reason could lie in the fact that his off-screen lady love Mouni Roy's performance was scrapped from "Holi Hain...Life OK Hain", due to monetary issues. 

Held in Saina Resort here, the event saw several TV actors in attendance. However, Mohit's absence was not expected. 

Despite Mohit's absence, the party witnessed some crazy moments as Sushant Singh, Pratyusha Banerjee, Vibhav Roy, Parvati Sehgal, Gaurav Bajaj and Sukirti Kandpal walked the 'carpet of colour'. 

The hosts of the event were comedian Bharti Singh and actor Karan Kundra. The showstopper was popular rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh. 

The show will be aired on Life OK soon.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/tv/news-interviews/Why-did-Mohit-Raina-skip-special-Holi-party/articleshow/31898418.cms
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

"Playing Nahush is going to be exciting and a difficult experience for me" : Rishi Khurana

Known for his stints in various shows actor Rishi Khurana talks about his character of Nahush in Life OK's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev.

Friday, March 14, 2014 | 4:21:57 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   2 Comments  |  2305 Views

Talented actor Rishi Khurana, who was last seen in Zee TV's Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan, will be soon seen as Nahush in Nikhil Sinha's popular mythological series Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev on Life OK. The actor is quite excited to  play this role. 

TellyBuzz spoke to Rishi to know more about his character, costumes, preparations and much more.

Sounding excited about playing Nahush in the show, Rishi tells us, "It's a very interesting character as Nahush is Mahadev's son in law. Initially he will be positive but it would be interesting to see how things turn and then he will be shown as negative. So, I have lots of scope to perform. I am quite excited about entering the show and playing this character. It's going to be a very unique and a difficult experience as well."

When it comes to acting, Rishi says that he acts with simplicity but Nahush's character is little loud and has been a tough experience for him, "I am a natural actor and here everything is so loud and I have to wear lots of jewellery and a heavy costume. Acting so loud is very difficult for me. So, it's little difficult experience for me."

When asked about the preparations done by Rishi for playing this character, he added, "I belong to the theatre and have a Hindi background so it's not a big deal for me to play this character. Being a theater actor, I have a good command over Hindi language and now I have got a chance to speak pure Hindi with this show. I am quite confident that I can do it. Initially, I thought that I might not be able to do it and I was little uncomfortable on the first day of my shoot. The production people and everyone here are good to work with."

Rishi is finding it difficult to shoot with heavy costumes and jewellery as he says, "The costumes and jewellery are so heavy that I am not enjoying it. We can't even change in between the shots because it takes a lot of time to dress up in the same costumes and apply the same make up again."

We asked Rishi whether he has followed the show earlier or not he says, "Not really! I have seen few episodes before as few of my friends are acting in the show and producer Nikhil is also my good friend so I have seen few episodes. It's a good experience while shooting for the show."

We wish you all the very best Rishi!

Anwesha Kamal

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Sumona resumes shoot; Mouni Roy in Comedy Nights with Kapil

Mouni Roy, Terrence Lewis, Remo Dsouza and Sumona in Comedy Nights with Kapil
Mouni Roy, Terrence Lewis, Remo Dsouza and Sumona in Comedy Nights with Kapil
TOI.com had earlier reported that Sumona Chakravarti was asked to take bed rest due to her bad health condition and was also hospitalized a few weeks back, resulting in no shoot for Comedy Nights with Kapil.

However, here's some good news for the fans of Sumona. The actress has resumed shooting for Comedy Nights with Kapil after taking 2 weeks of break. She tweeted, "Back to work.. Finally! After 2 weeks of bed rest.. N i resume wit none other than #ComedyNightsWithKapil

READ: Sumona Chakravarti advised bed rest

That was not all for the fans of Comedy Nights With Kapil as we also hear that last night the team shot for a 2 hour Holi special episode where in the beautiful actress Mouni Roy, fondly known for her character of Sati, will make her presence on the show.

Mouni will give a special performance along with two ace choreographers namely, Remo D'souza and Terrance Lewis on special Bollywood Holi numbers. This will also mark Remo and Terrence's comeback under the same roof post Dance India Dance seasons.

READ: I love everything about Mohit says Mouni

Marvellous singer Kailash Kher will also give a performance in an upcoming episode. When contacted, an elated Mouni shares, "It was a joy ride to shake a leg with two known and phenomenal choreographers. I was honoured to dance with them."

It's time for the fans of Comedy Nights with Kapil to rejoice as more exciting episodes are in store.
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Aanand to play a kleptomaniac in Mahadev

Aanand to play a kleptomaniac in Mahadev
Anand Goradia
Aanand Goradiya, currently seen in Adaalat and Bharat ka veer Putra " Maharana Pratap, has bagged yet another show.

The multitalented actor will be seen in Nikhil Sinha's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev. He will essay the role of a gandharva called Pushpdant. According to Hindu mythology, Pushpdant is a big Shiv bhakt and such is his devotion that anything he feels is apt to to sacrificed or offered to Lord Shiva, he does it without hesitation. He buys the object or even steals to offer it to Mahadev. This obsession makes him into a kleptomaniac. He becomes overconfident that he has become Mahavev's supreme bhakt. Hence, Mahadev comes in disguise and there is a confrontation with Pushpdant wherein Lord Mahadev explains that it is not enough to have honorable intentions but the path taken must also be honourable and pure.

READ: Mahadev's real life girl friend returns to the TV show

Aanand confirms, "I am honoured to be a part of Mahadev, which happens to be the channel's flagship show. I will pray to Lord Shiva that he blesses me so that I do justice to my role."

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
http://www.fuzionproductions.com/devon-ke-dev-mahadev-producers-join-kamya-punjabi-box-office-cricket-league/
Proud-India thumbnail

Mohit Raina is the most handsome God: Dolly Sohi

Mohit Raina is the most handsome God: Dolly Sohi
Dolly Sohi who is currently seen as Queen Shazia in Nikhil Sinha's Hatim is one actress who was a part of Mahadev as well.

Not everyone knows she has worked with Mohit Raina in Bhabhi. She says, "I had met Mohit previously when he was a kid. He has matured as an actor. I played his mother-in-law in Mahadev. It was exciting. My track may be over but I do catch Mahadev still. In Hatim I am still there. My track keeps coming of and on and I am doing Rajshri's new show where I am playing lead boy's mother."

On being asked if she finds Mahadev hot she says, "Ofcourse he is flavour of the season. He is so much talked about for various reasons. I have seen his huge fan following. To play God is no joke. He is the most handsome on-screen- God one has ever seen on-screen. Producer Nikhil Sinha has made two fantastic shows Mahadev and Hatim. He is a producer who knows the pulse of the audiences. I miss working on Mahadev. The show is hugely popular and when you work in a hit show it benefits everyone." Some strong connection these two actors have!
Proud-India thumbnail

"Pav Bhaji is my favorite mouthwatering dish" - Sadhil Kapoor

Popular child artist Sadhil Kapoor shares his love for food and likes to eat Mac D burger as a quick cheap healthy meal.

TV's Bal Ganesh aka Sadhil Kapoor who is currently hosting Captain Tiao on Disney Channel is a foodie and prefers to eat Indian cuisine.

Here's Sadhil sharing his love for food.

Are you a foodie?

Yes thoda thoda.

What is your most preferred cuisine?

Indian cuisine.

Your favorite mouthwatering dish?

Pav Bhaji is my favorite dish.

Which restaurant you prefer the most?

Shaahi a local restaurant near my place, but the food is very tasty there.

Do you like spending time in the kitchen?

I like spending time in kitchen with my mom to see what she is cooking for us.

What is the most memorable kitchen moment, be it happy or a disastrous one?

Once I made a round roti and this I can say was my memorable kitchen moment.

Which is your favorite quick cheap healthy meal?

Mac D Burger.

If you have to take a celebrity on a date who would it be?

For me my celebrities are my parents and along with my parents I would like to go out on a date with Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan and Akshay Kumar.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Shivangi Sharma to enter Sasural Simar Ka

After Kanika Shivpuri and Karuna Verma, actress Shivangi Sharma joins the cast of TV showSasural Simar Ka as Bhakti, a simple traditional girl.

Tuesday, April 01, 2014 | 3:48:03 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   2 Comments  |  15584 Views

After Kanika Shivpuri and Karuna Verma, actress Shiwangi Sharma joins the cast of TV show Sasural Simar Ka as Bhakti, a simple traditional girl.

Earlier seen in shows like Na Aana Is Desh LaadoYahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli,Savdhaan India @11 and Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev, the young actress is excited about playing Bhakti.

"It's going to be a very interesting character, with viewers getting to see a new side of me. I've taken it up as a challenge and look forward to being a part of the show," Shiwangi said in a statement.

Her character Bhakti is shown has a simple girl with the right qualities of a homemaker, and she comes across as a very loving and caring individual, said a source

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Tarun Khanna in Savdhaan India's Maha Movie

With his royal good looks, Tarun Khanna yet again bags a role where he is a part of royalty and is enjoying shooting at a palace in Madhya Pradesh.

Wednesday, April 02, 2014 | 3:24:52 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   6 Comments  |  647 Views

His character in Rangrasiya is on a break andTarun Khanna is making the most of this by shooting for episodics since the talented handsome actor is very much in demand. Recently he was seen in Star Plus's volatile crime thriller Ishq Kills where he played a step father, and now he is busy shooting for Savdhaan India's Maha movie where once again he dons a negative avatar.

Telling us about the same, Tarun who is shooting in Rewa, Madhya Pradesh is mingling amidst royalty these days. Sitting with his Highness Maharajadhiraj Pushpraj Singh in his palace in the princely state of Rewa, Madhya Pradesh Tarun talks about his character, "I am playing a character who is not a prince but is royal blood and one of the royalties. The story titled Daayan is about how my character wants to avenge his father's loss of property from his relatives and at the same time he tries to siphon off some money too. And of course there is a mystery element involved..." trails off Tarun who has the company of actors like Mamik SinghAnkur Nayyar and the pretty Neetha Shetty who plays the title role of Daayan.

So, Tarun is yet again playing a negative role and that too one that is related to royalty. Is it his looks or his demeanor that he has been bagging such kind of roles these days, "See, I am okay with whatever kind of work comes my way - whether positive or negative as long as it is substantial work and good money I am fine." His looks have made him a patent in playing royalty isn't it? "Yes, I guess because of my looks I bag such roles. Thus, I have done shows like Chandragupta Maurya, Shobha Somnath KiEk Veer Stree ki Kahaani Jhansi Ki Rani,Veer Shivaji, Devon ke Dev. Mahadev, Rangrasiya and now this!" laughs Tarun who is obviously enjoying the treatment he is getting at the palace.

"I am here for more than a week and I am enjoying myself with the shoot and the company. I have met the Maharaj and he is not new to entertainment too. In fact his daughter Mohena Singh was one of the finalists of DID couple of years back and was also the choreographer on Jhalak Dikhla Jaa Season 6 last year. Overall, it is a nice experience shooting with these people," reveals Tarun who is enjoying himself to the hilt as he looks forward to spending some quality time with his wife Smriti Khanna and his newborn baby after this shoot.

Buzz is that Tarun has been offered a big role in a big budget film to be produced by a noted film production house. When asked about this Tarun doesn't deny but doesn't want to reveal anything either and says, "It's too early to talk about all this. At present after this shoot, I am looking forward to going to Delhi to spend time with my family who are eager to see my son. I have been shooting continuously since November last year and even when he was born I was shooting in Gujarat and had to rush back to Mumbai. So I am really looking forward to this one week break when I will just chill with my family."

Seema Khot Mattoo