Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

I Love Everything About Mohit Raina: Mouni Roy

1 Vote

Mouni Roy, who will be returning in Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev as Sati, was in the city for an event. In the show, she will be romancing Mahadev, her rumoured boyfriend Mohit Raina, in a fullfledged love track. Excerpts:

Considering you are a Bengali, do you love coming back to Kolkata?
I am not born and brought up in Kolkata, but in Cooch Behar. I did my schooling there. After that, I went to Delhi for further studies. Now, it is Mumbai where I live. It's been quite a journey. I have learnt so much in every phase of my life. Although I have travelled so much, but still, I am a true Bengali at heart. I am a big foodie and prefer Bengali cuisine. I love classical dance. Everything about me is Bengali.

So how does it feel to be the star of your town now?
Cooch Behar is a very small town. My father passed away six months ago, but my mother and brother still live there. The younger lot loves me there. Otherwise, people don't really care much about me being an actress. They treat me just the way they used to before.

So would you prefer a Bengali wedding?
Yes, it will be a traditional Bengali wedding. And whenever it happens, it will happen in Cooch Behar.

You are returning on Mahadev in a full-fledged love track with Mohit Raina. What can we expect this time?
It'll be a beautiful, magical fairytale story. Expect good performances and a lot more.

What do you think is so special about your chemistry with Mohit Raina?
People liked us during my earlier stint on the show. That's why they wanted to see us again. What people don't realize is that it is the script which plays the most important factor in making or breaking a chemistry. Now that the script requires me, I am back. There is a part in Shivpuran that speaks about the kaalchkravyuh. It is a small chapter, but they have modified and extended it a bit so that the episodes can run for about twothree months.

What do you like most about Mohit, as an actor?
Honestly, I love everything about him. It has been almost three years that the show is on air, and look at that man's dedication! I get to hear that he takes every single scene as seriously as he used to when the show had just begun. My favourite avatar of his was when he played Veerbhadra. It must have taken immense power to play that role.

You are often perceived as arrogant. Does it bother you?
Not at all, because I am not. People who know me " both at workplace and in my personal life " know that well. Other than that, I really don't care. I believe in staying with people who make me happy. Also, I think media is extremely unfair sometimes. They can turn your life into a reality show.

We heard you weren't accepted by the audience in an urban show like J u n o o n . What do you think was the reason?
They did accept me as Meera. Firstly, an actor in a TV industry is as big as the show he/she is doing. Then, if a show does not run well for some reasons " like if it is not promoted well " it can't be Mouni's fault. I think I have got maximum acclaim for this character from people, who have watched the show. Except for Kyunki... all my roles have been different. Even Sati is not a conventional goddess. She is very contemporary. She has vices and is very human in her approach about love.

Aren't mythological shows tedious? 
Not really! The only time consuming part is the travelling bit, as sets of such mythological shows are built at far-off places, which takes about three-four hours to reach. Add to that 12 hours of shooting, and you can guess the rest.

This time you will be seen as a guest joining the contesting couple, Gurmeet and Debina, on Nach Baliye. Would you like to participate in the next season of the show?
I would love to take part in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. Nach... has approached me in the past, but I couldn't do it because of various reasons (pauses). Let's see.

Do you plan to be in movies?
No, because I am not an ambitious person at all. But if a good script comes my way, I would love to take it up. Otherwise, I am happy doing one show at a time. If I am getting good work, then the medium doesn't matter.

- Agency ( CT, Sunday Publication)

http://tellyexpress.com/2014/02/02/i-love-everything-about-mohit-raina-mouni-roy/

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Mohit Raina, Shaheer Sheikh, Gautam Rode: Who has the hottest abs on TV?

Dailybhaskar.com|Feb 7, 2014, 12:00:00 AM IST

The Indian television showcases a lot of good-looking men adorning the prime time slot.   With ripped body and chiseled features, these hunks are no way less than any of the Bollywood actors. Their popularity and fan following is just as same as any other Bollywood star.

And Greek Gods like Gautam Rode and Mohit Raina are making the small screen even hotter. The demand for good looking men in serials has increased. And as these drool-worthy men battle it out in the race of hot -bod, here's your take to decide who has got the hottest abs on the small screen.

Click through the pictures to find out your favourite!

http://mdaily.bhaskar.com/article/referer/4444/t/320/CEL-mohit-raina-shaheer-sheikh-gautam-rode-who-has-the-hottest-abs-on-tv-4514286-PHO.html

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Content Removed

print

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Mahadev' after a two-year hiatus

February 7, 2014 12:03 pm

"Yes, Sati returns, but only to go back to the beginning of the beginning, to a prologue of all that has been shown on Devon Ke Dev...," says Mouni Roy, who is excited to return on the show as Sati,

SUMMARY

Mouni Roy on revisiting Sati, obsessing over Sherlock, catching Broadway shows and being a bookworm

Remember when Sati compelled Shiva to come dance with her? Two years after that, Sati makes a comeback to resume their dance of love on Life Ok's Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev. "Yes, Sati returns, but only to go back to the beginning of the beginning, to a prologue of all that has been shown on Devon Ke Dev...," says Mouni Roy, who is excited to return on the show as Sati, even if it's only for three months. The new track traces to Bhakt Lakulesh, and Shiva's journey in reverse, from householder to hermit.

Not quite convinced whether this is a TRP tweaking tactic " there is strong buzz about the off-screen romance of Roy and the dishy Mahadev portrayed by Mohit Raina " Roy however, blushes over her chemistry with her co-star. "The show is like a family to me," she says.

Interestingly when she was first offered the part of Sati, she was reluctant to give her nod. "For starters, I felt mythology on Mouni Roy, was more about gaudy make-up and plastic look and appeal. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it, but the way they were researching and putting together Mahadev made me take the chance," she says. Impressed with the costumes, the overall look, the extensive storyboards and workshops, Roy signed on. "Sometimes I feel, Shiv Puran has the potential of making such a lovely contemporary drama series," says the actor who feels Raina makes a beautiful Lord Shiva, and can slip into any role with amazing ease.

For her own part, to get into the role of Sati, Roy had to go through at least eight look tests to get it right. She breaks down Sati's appeal for her. "She is an iron princess and an innocent girl at the same time. She was very human, and her love with Mahadev was amazing, for I consider it the first love story of the Universe," she says.

Growing up in a middle class-family in Cooch Behar, a small town in West Bengal, Roy's life was filled with folklore, mythology, politics and endless supply of books. A Mass Communication passout from the Jamia Milia Islamia, in Delhi, and a kathak dancer, she laughs how sometimes she finds herself like a fish out of the water " "an ugly duckling" in the world of television. "Deep down I'm a small-town girl who has it drilled in her DNA to grow up, marry, have kids, settle down. Maybe I will knock the same theory in my kids' heads too. I'm also liberal, a political enthusiast, a bookworm, and the least bit ambitious to pull off a soap drama queen act," she says. She prefers to go with the flow because "nothing so far has happened according to my grand plans." In her free time she wants to pursue writing, and catch up on American sitcoms and Broadway shows. "When I'm abroad, I burn all my money on Broadway," says the actor, who has been penning "vain poetic stuff" for long. "I want to write a script, but before that, I am planning to compile a book of short stories," she adds. In the meantime, she is hooked to the cult TV show Sherlock. "Of course I'd want shows like these to be adapted in India too," she hopes.

While her late father Anil Roy wanted her to pursue a career in the civil services, Roy took a detour and chose acting. "In hindsight, yes, there are plenty of things I'd do differently, but having said that, I don't hold grudges or have regrets. I'm happiest when I run my home, work and curl up with a book," says Roy, who is pretty active on campaigns on social media sites, the latest being working towards cleaning river Ganga. "I was approached for it, and I feel we need to do our bit, in any which way we can," she explains.

Giving, sharing, caring " the do-gooder in her comes from her father, and Roy is carrying on the legacy. "Except when it comes to books. I've stopped lending them because people don't return them or treat them properly," she says, with a grin.

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Sadhil to host talk show😛😃

Sadhil to host talk show

Sadhil Kapoor, the kid who won hearts as the mischievous Bal Ganesha in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, will soon be seen as Captain Tiao on a talk show.

The eight-year-old will chat with famous celebrities from all walks of life about their childhood and also give them fun tasks.

According to sources, the shooting for the show will begin from Tuesday and the likes of Mahesh Bhupathi, Kapil Sharma, Jaaved Jaaferi and Navjot Singh Sidhu have agreed to be a part of the show.

READ: Usha Bacchani to enter Mahadev

When we called Sadhil, he was very happy and excited about meeting all the celebs, though he was most eager to meet Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan. He said, "I am a big fan of both and hope they will come to the show at least once."

When asked if he was scared to face Kapil Sharma, known for his ready wit, he said confidently, "Main usko dara dunga babaji ka thullu dekar."

The show will tentatively go on air in March and will be telecast every weekend.

WATCH: Sadhil Kapoor (Ganesh oh Mahadev) is born on Ganesh
Chaturthi

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Valentine's Day shooting reunion for Mohit-Mouni

Valentine's Day will have a new meaning for TV show "Devon Ke Dev Mahadev" when actorsMouni Roy and Mohit Raina, who are said to be dating off screen, will begin shooting for an upcoming sequence of the show.

Monday, February 10, 2014 | 7:54:04 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   0 Comments  |  465 Views

Valentine's Day will have a new meaning for TV show Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev when actors Mouni Royand Mohit Raina, who are said to be dating off screen, will begin shooting for an upcoming sequence of the show.

Mouni is back on the show and will be seen as Sati. Though she started shooting for the mythological drama Feb 8, she and Mohit, who is seen in the title role, were not filming on the same sets. However, the two will start shooting together from Friday.

"Mohit and Mouni will start shooting together for their sequence from Feb 14 which is none other than Valentine's Day," a source said.

The story of Mahadev will now narrate the bond that Sati and Mahadev shared.

Mahadev airs on Life OK.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Sati Rahasya to be revealed in 'Devon Ke Dev.. Mahadev' Mahaepisode!

Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Wonder how Sati's character will be once again brought up on 'Devon Ke Dev.. Mahadev?' Read on to know the 'rahasya' which is to be unfolded on the 7th Feb Mahaepisode..

Lord Mahadev's devotee - Lakulesh, is now aware of Mahadev's powers and incarnations. He trusts Mahadev's sanctity as Mahadev performs 'saadhna' using Sati's skulls. Initially, as Goddess Parvati tries to make Lakulesh realise about Mahadev's relationship with Adi Shakti and Sati, he refuses to believe her and goes on to seek Mahadev's opinion about the same.

Now that Lakulesh is aware of Mahadev's equation with Sati and that she believes strongly in Mahadev's eternal powers and incarnations, Mahadev thinks of revealing the secret to his devotee. The secret? Yes! 'Sati Rahasya'! Mahadev is all set to reveal Sati's secret to Lakulesh and bring out the other side of himself!

Will Lakulesh accept the different form of Mahadev? Will he believe in the secret of Sati? Pulses are rising and the excitement heightens as this crucial story of Mahadev is about to unfold on the show!

Stay tuned to 'Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev' as the rahasya of the beautiful Sati is soon to be revealed in the exciting Mahaepisode to be telecast on 7th February only on LifeOK. Do not miss!

http://www.lifeok.com/news/sati-rahasya-to-be-revealed-in-devon-ke-dev-mahadev-mahaepisode/7322

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

http://epaper.indianexpress.com/225534/Indian-Express/07-February-2014#page/30/2
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Sudeep Sarangi returns to Mahadev

The Return of Sudeep Sarangi...sounds like some Bruce Lee flick, but without getting much animated, we would like to inform that the tall and handsome actor is set to return in Life OK's Mahadev (Triangle Film Company). The show has been witnessing a return of the actors who were earlier a part of the project but later moved out due to changes in tracks. The most famous face being Mouni Roy as Sati.

Now, Sudeep was earlier seen as Angira Rishi's greedy son, Shatbhish. Earlier, he was scar faced but this time around he will have a stunning look and he will again get down to wooing Sati. His character will have negative fringes. When got in touch with Sudeep he confirmed his return to Mahadev but he chose not to divulge any further. We shall soon come up with more updates from the Godly show.

http://bollypediaz.blogspot.in/2014/02/sudeep-sarangi-returns-to-mahadev.html#.UvtHLWKSwRY
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Mohit Raina -Mouni Roy's special holiday

Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 05:00 IST | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA

Mohit Raina aka Shiva of Devon Ke Dev Mahadev may go blue in the face denying his relationship with Mouni Roy, who incidentally is back in his onscreen life as Sati, but the duo has been spending quality time together.  Sources say that the actor took a few days off from his gruelling schedule before and after the New Year to spend time with his girlfriend.

The screen god, however, made sure they were far away from the prying eyes. The couple had apparently chosen Colombo as their holiday destination. "They spent over a week there but Mohit is reluctant to come out in the open about his relationship because he thinks it will affect his screen persona," adds the source. Interestingly, though Mouni has made a re-entry in the serial she still hasn't shot with Mohit.

The duo is tipped to start shooting together from Valentine's Day!

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report-mohit-raina-mouni-roy-s-special-holiday-1961528