'Wake Up Sid' director unhappy with Shankar-E-L

Posted: 12 years ago
'Wake Up Sid' director unhappy with Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy
Trio out, Pritam in
Published Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ayan Mukherjee who made his debut with Karan Johar's 'Wake Up Sid' has started work on his next project 'Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani' starring ex-lovers Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone.

The director has signed his favorite Pritam to do the music score for the movie.

Interestingly, Shankar Ehsaan Loy who earlier scored the music for 'Wake Up Sid' have been given the boot as Ayan was not happy with the musical pair work.

Musician Amit Trivedi was later hired to compose 'Iktara', which became a chartbuster.

Pritam has signed the movie and now the young director wants to spend some time with music director to make him understand his music tastes.

It will be now up to Ayan to pick the best out of Pritam's bag of creation to match the last wonder

http://www.emirates247.com/entertainment/wake-up-sid-director-unhappy-with-shankar-ehsaan-loy-2011-12-22-1.434003

Edited by bamboocopter - 12 years ago
hey i dint knew so much about this.. and now it looks nice to know so much..
thanks for sharing a great post..
yeah well I understand where Ayan's coming from haha

WUS's soundtrack was amazingly ordinary, the only good thing was definitely Iktara
SEL has lost his touch dey need to take a brk n come up wid new tunes
pritam was unstoppable few yrz bk bt he has cool down a bit
VISHAL-shekkar always does selective works
sajid -wajid has come a long way kuddos to both
AR rahaman... hees lost sumwhrr
HR is coming to terms nw :D:D

Hmm, well prefer SEL anyday over Pritam breaking eardrums , waise WUS had good music, Kya Karu , WUS, were good apart Iktara 
^ yeah that I agree with actually...

at least SEL make their own stuff.
Pritam may be a chartbuster factory, but he's nothing but the Banksy of the music industry

yahaan ka achha melded with wahaan ka accha
i disagree...WUS, soundtrack was one of the finest pieces from 2009, the songs were never meant to be foottapping or the crap that we hear today, each song is a gem in itself, tends to inspire and fresh, aajkal zindagi, title track, life is crazy...all songs are amazing, infact i always hear them in the morning when i go out for a jog, they just lifts my mood, and yeah IKTARA makes this album hell amazing,

AND THIS NEWS is also false, AYAN has signed pritam becoz this time the subject of his movie is far diferent from WUS, its not a mature or inspiring love story but the ones that are seen in today's types and he wanted foot tapping chartbusters, and pritam is always head from SEL in tht area, so pritam was signed,...whoever wrote this article is not pleased by SEL personally ,,...moron
Edited by EmmaFrost - 12 years ago
Originally posted by EmmaFrost

i disagree...WUS, soundtrack was one of the finest pieces from 2009, the songs were never meant to be foottapping or the crap that we hear today, each song is a gem in itself, tends to inspire and fresh, aajkal zindagi, title track, life is crazy...all songs are amazing, infact i always hear them in the morning when i go out for a jog, they just lifts my mood, and yeah IKTARA makes this album hell amazing,

AND THIS NEWS is also false, AYAN has signed pritam becoz this time the subject of his movie is far diferent from WUS, its not a mature or inspiring love story but the ones that are seen in today's types and he wanted foot tapping chartbusters, and pritam is always head from SEL in tht area, so pritam was signed,...whoever wrote this article is not pleased by SEL personally ,,...moron

@Bold, Word 
@ Neetu: Ditto.  ðŸ˜Š
Originally posted by EmmaFrost

I agree! All the songs were situational and blended in with the movie so effortlessly. I love each and every song from this movie, especially the "Aaaj Kal" one. 

But I also think that SEL are capable of much more. Their songs are good (ZNMD & Don2) but not phenomenal.