Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Bebo, the In-House heroine for Dharma Productions (Page 7)

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 11:36pm | IP Logged
Yeah Bebo doesnt take risks. Not only does she test her fans with her offscreen antics, but nowadays, even her roles are so BORING! 

Lets talk about someone more intersting and risky. Ooo Ooo, I know! Lets talk about Saifu. Blushing

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kshreya2002

The limitation of Kareena's choices rise from personal equations. Katrina doesnt have such limitation as she has been cordial with her ex Salman and never accepted that she was in a relationship with Ranbir. Yet she sticks to a limited set of actors and producers like Rani used to in her heydays. IMO that seems to be because of a decision she has made to work with whatever will give her sureshot hits with lease efforts. Thats dangerous. Kareena atleast is doing a risky film like Heroine...even AV looks risky to me.
That's the same for all actresses na? Katrina actually has no limitations in terms of actors she can star with. She's done films/will do films opposite every actor with any star power..Right from the Khans, to HR, to Akki, to Ranbir, Imran... the only ones she really hasn't starred opposite are Shahid, Ranveer and that too only because she hasn't been offered anything opposite them yet. Yeah it's possible that she may not work with Ranbir again, but it doesn't even matter that much because she has so many other choices..A better comparison is Priyanka who can't work with Salman, Akki, etc.

Katrina, IMO, is stuck in her item numbers and YRF now. She can't do much else and probably won't get to either. As for doing films like Heroine, Katrina never gets offered anything that requires her to do more than look pretty because she simply doesn't have the talent..and no one expects her to do those films either.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

desigal90TheRager

smarie IF-Rockerz

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 11:41pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Reldadesigal90

Relda Goldie
Relda
Relda

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 11:42pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Relda

Originally posted by Relda

Originally posted by desigal90

No Smarie, I dont like Hrithik. Think he hams, and for some reason, I fear that she and Hrithik bring out the worst in each other.

She goes best with Saifu! They both act beautifully together *fangirl moment*

But yes, she needs to expand in terms fo costars.

I want Farhan Akhtar, Abhay Deol, and Emraan Hashmi!

I feel she needs to act with more actors who are her age rather than the 40+ ones. They make their costars seem older too. Ouch

She cannot act opposite Shahid and Ranbir. HR also seems out of question. I can't seem to see her acting opposite Abhay or Farhan. Maybe she would have in her earlier days but definitely not since her fan-girl like joy in acting opposite Khans. She is pretty limited in her choice of actors. Much more than Katrina, IMO

The limitation of Kareena's choices rise from personal equations. Katrina doesnt have such limitation as she has been cordial with her ex Salman and never accepted that she was in a relationship with Ranbir. Yet she sticks to a limited set of actors and producers like Rani used to in her heydays. IMO that seems to be because of a decision she has made to work with whatever will give her sureshot hits with lease efforts. Thats dangerous. Kareena atleast is doing a risky film like Heroine...even AV looks risky to me.

Satsang with Ajay Devgan look pretty risky to me.
Heroine sort of happened as an accident to Kareena. She had refused it earlier.. same as with Dhruv and NOKJ. She used to take much bigger risks in her initial days. Now, she likes being in a cocoon of hero-oriented films where she has a 10 minutes role. So, she is also doing the same "hits-first, acting-later" route. As I mentioned, she is pretty much restricted by her personal grudges, queenbee status to give any thoughts to serious, low-budget actors nowadays. I don't see her taking any risks worth its salt nowadays.

Satsang looks risky in the sense that I am not sure if it will materialize as it is. Its definitely not releasing in 2012 as Ajay has too much on his plate. I'll just base my judgement on the films which are definitely releasing and IMO Kareena has a riskier year ahead.

Well.. I guess after Ra One and Bodyguard most films would look risky in comparison. ZNMD was definitely much more risky than these two flicks. Most Trade sites were predicting a <40- crore grosser for this movie pre-release. So, I guess it is pretty much evens-stevens at this moment. One had a riskier 2011, the other a riskier 2012.
TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

That's the same for all actresses na? Katrina actually has no limitations in terms of actors she can star with. She's done films/will do films opposite every actor with any star power..Right from the Khans, to HR, to Akki, to Ranbir, Imran... the only ones she really hasn't starred opposite are Shahid, Ranveer and that too only because she hasn't been offered anything opposite them yet. Yeah it's possible that she may not work with Ranbir again, but it doesn't even matter that much because she has so many other choices..A better comparison is Priyanka who can't work with Salman, Akki, etc.

Katrina, IMO, is stuck in her item numbers and YRF now. She can't do much else and probably won't get to either. As for doing films like Heroine, Katrina never gets offered anything that requires her to do more than look pretty because she simply doesn't have the talent..and no one expects her to do those films either.

Thats true...so the question arises...where does Katrina go from where she is?
TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by smartie_pants

i wish she has a risky year next...she cant really balance too well...she either does "only flowerpot" roles or "only meaningful" roles...most of the performance oriented films she does flop, and so she goes back to her cocoon thinking playing a flowerpot is the only way she can give a hit...
i think this entire khan bhajan, 100 crore ka bhoot started coz katrina was giving good hits back then and bebo wasnt...so she wants to compete with kat in tht aspect i guess...now tht ppl are not taking her seriously as an actor, she wants to get tht too...

shes like this lil kid who wants to have her cake and eat it too.

She is taken seriously. Otherwise she wouldnt have been chased for Heroine by Madhur/UTV. Those films like Chameli didnt help Kareena when they released. But in the long run doing them in those days gives the confidence to makers today that she can do roles where acting is also required eventhough she has been doing films like Tashan, KI, Golmal2.
If someone wants to make a big budget heroine oriented movie today choices are between Vidya, Kareena and Priyanka.

Edited by kshreya2002 - 22 December 2011 at 11:46pm

smariedesigal90

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 12:29am | IP Logged

[QUOTE=chocolover89] 
Thats true...so the question arises...where does Katrina go from where she is?
Thats the sad part for her...she doesn't really have anywhere else to go anymore..she's stuck. Item songs and her looks are pretty much her legacy IMHO.

Go to top