Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Relda thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: kshreya2002

Satsang looks risky in the sense that I am not sure if it will materialize as it is. Its definitely not releasing in 2012 as Ajay has too much on his plate. I'll just base my judgement on the films which are definitely releasing and IMO Kareena has a riskier year ahead.

Well.. I guess after Ra One and Bodyguard most films would look risky in comparison. ZNMD was definitely much more risky than these two flicks. Most Trade sites were predicting a <40- crore grosser for this movie pre-release. So, I guess it is pretty much evens-stevens at this moment. One had a riskier 2011, the other a riskier 2012.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: chocolover89

That's the same for all actresses na? Katrina actually has no limitations in terms of actors she can star with. She's done films/will do films opposite every actor with any star power..Right from the Khans, to HR, to Akki, to Ranbir, Imran... the only ones she really hasn't starred opposite are Shahid, Ranveer and that too only because she hasn't been offered anything opposite them yet. Yeah it's possible that she may not work with Ranbir again, but it doesn't even matter that much because she has so many other choices..A better comparison is Priyanka who can't work with Salman, Akki, etc.

Katrina, IMO, is stuck in her item numbers and YRF now. She can't do much else and probably won't get to either. As for doing films like Heroine, Katrina never gets offered anything that requires her to do more than look pretty because she simply doesn't have the talent..and no one expects her to do those films either.

Thats true...so the question arises...where does Katrina go from where she is?
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: smartie_pants

i wish she has a risky year next...she cant really balance too well...she either does "only flowerpot" roles or "only meaningful" roles...most of the performance oriented films she does flop, and so she goes back to her cocoon thinking playing a flowerpot is the only way she can give a hit...
i think this entire khan bhajan, 100 crore ka bhoot started coz katrina was giving good hits back then and bebo wasnt...so she wants to compete with kat in tht aspect i guess...now tht ppl are not taking her seriously as an actor, she wants to get tht too...

shes like this lil kid who wants to have her cake and eat it too.

She is taken seriously. Otherwise she wouldnt have been chased for Heroine by Madhur/UTV. Those films like Chameli didnt help Kareena when they released. But in the long run doing them in those days gives the confidence to makers today that she can do roles where acting is also required eventhough she has been doing films like Tashan, KI, Golmal2.
If someone wants to make a big budget heroine oriented movie today choices are between Vidya, Kareena and Priyanka.
Edited by kshreya2002 - 12 years ago
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: kshreya2002

Thats the sad part for her...she doesn't really have anywhere else to go anymore..she's stuck. Item songs and her looks are pretty much her legacy IMHO.